Author Topic: If Your Teen Drops Out or Is Expelled from High School  (Read 30077 times)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
If Your Teen Drops Out or Is Expelled from High School
« on: September 15, 2022, 12:56:37 PM »
In mid-August, a Google search led me to a Reddit post listing all careers locked to high school dropouts.  I've copy/pasted the list below.

Careers Locked to High School Dropouts
When your high school dropout ages up to a YA and looks for a job, the careers below will appear with an exclamation mark in a small red triangle, signaling they're unavailable to your sim.
Detective
Doctor
Scientist
Astronaut
Business
Civil Designer
Education
Engineer
Law
Salaryperson
Tech Guru

Here's a link to that Reddit post by allinsimstime.
The rest of this post is based on my own playtesting.

Careers Available to High School Dropouts
Later, based on the above Reddit list, I created a teen dropout sim to explore their career options upon aging up to a young adult.
Even without a high school diploma, your sim can enter the careers below:
Actor
Athlete
Conservationist
Criminal
Critic
Culinary
Entertainer
Freelance
Gardener
Interior Decorator
Military
Painter
Politician
Secret Agent
Social Media
Style Influencer
Writer
All part-time jobs

Online High School Diploma
So your teen dropped out or got expelled from high school, but still wants to enter one of the locked careers?
All hope is not lost.  Once your sims is a YA, check on "Careers" on a computer/laptop.
Your sim will find an option to "Work toward a high school diploma ($250)." (It took my test sim less than a day to obtain it.)
With that coveted diploma, your ex-dropout will gain access to those formerly locked careers.
Online Diploma.jpg

Behind your sim's "High School Dropout" trait, you'll find a new "Earned Online High School Diploma" trait.
As for uni, make sure your sim has high levels of the skills required by the desired degree program.
High school grades are only one factor when applying for a distinguished degree program.

Good luck, Watcher, to you and your delinquent teen!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: If Your Teen Drops Out or Is Expelled from High School
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2022, 01:54:58 AM »
Thanks for sharing this @oshizu  It has helped me avoid a "costly" mistake in my game!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: If Your Teen Drops Out or Is Expelled from High School
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2023, 08:00:53 PM »
thanks for this useful information, it really helped me to improve my gameplay.

Welcome to the forum @Viola_Wood !
I'm glad you find the info helpful.  Now even our low-achiever teens can look forward to career options as young adults!  ;)