Author Topic: Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty 5/8/23 - Chapter 42: Taking the Hint  (Read 32486 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter 26: The Routine - Updated 3/16/23
« Reply #150 on: March 16, 2023, 01:30:53 PM »
Chapter 26: The Routine

Morgaine's young adult life settled into a thrilling routine.

By day, she courted a variety of fascinating alien lovers.

While by night, she hunted ghostly specters.

Date.

Ghosts.

Date.

Ghosts.

Date.

Ghosts.

Routine though it was, it certainly didn't lack adventure.

She tried many new things.

She enjoyed lovely dinner dates (thanks to Carl's dine out mod),

And woohooed at a variety of surprising locations,

Even at the consternation of others.

She celebrated her success in completing the Serial Romantic aspiration,

By taking everyone out to the club.

Still, only one of her many lovers could be chosen, so she followed her heart - to the extent that she had one.

But would it be a happy union, or a disaster in the making?

Generation One: Loario Alvah (Vampire) – COMPLETE
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Generation Two: Kalanea Alvah (Mermaid) - COMPLETE

Generation Three: Morgaine Alvah (Spellcaster)

Point System:

Notes: I had intended for Morgaine to do both Serial Romantic and Villainous Valentine as bonus aspirations (she already did the required spellcaster ones). However, I forgot that the reward for Serial Romantic - "Player" would prohibit the "get caught cheating" required by Villainous Valentine. Guess someone else in this Dynasty will have to complete it!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter 27: Joyous Occasions - Updated 3/16/23
« Reply #151 on: March 16, 2023, 03:39:55 PM »
Chapter 27: Joyous Occasions

The big day rolled around, with a wide variety of attendees.

For the curious, on the left we have Handsome Vlad, Leighton Alvah, and two of Kalantha's children with Wendel. On the right, starting from the back, we have another child of Kalantha, along with the adopted child of Handsome Vlad and Agnes. Then Agnes and their biological child. Loario with another child of Kalantha. And finally Kalantha herself and Kalanea - in her wedding dress, no less! (Oops).

The brides walked the isle together, and Morgaine had to comfort the sentimental Arleth, who got a bit misty-eyed.

A successful ceremony - even our non-committal Morgaine showed no hesitation.

There were the usual festivities: cake,

Dancing,

And little chats by the window.

Until it was time to go home and get down!

As soon as the consummation was complete, Morgaine felt a strange force compelling her outside.

An offer of congratulations, or a warning?

At any rate, the union was successful.

And the happy couple felt even more happiness.

Morgaine went to her last day of work, rather conveniently at her neighbors, the Strauds, and became immortal as a young adult.

She came home just in time to panic over the birth.

And little Castor, a boy, was ushered into the world.

Generation Three: Morgaine Alvah (Spellcaster) - COMPLETE
Traits: Over Achiever, Evil, Non-Commital
Bonus Trait: Dastardly

1 Career: Paranormal Investigator: Beginner 5/5; Adept 5/5; Expert 5/5.
2 Aspirations: Spellcraft and Sorcery, Purveyor of Potions.
3 Skills: Mischief, Programming, Video Gaming.
4 Reward Traits: Paranormal Investigator License, Brave, Beguiling, Storm Chaser.
5 Gold Metals: Date, Dinner Party, Incognito Costume Party, Black and White Bash, Wedding.
6 Good Friends: Ileana Saber, Aniket Kaur, Velar Xalvadora, Ice “Gerom” Hizolo, Apex Kalach, Puleun Oegyien.
7 Whims: Do Something Romantic, Schedule a Date, Start a New Relationship, Ponder World Domination, Skill Up, Cloudgaze with Apex Kolach, Embrace Velar.
8 Museum Items: Potions.

Point System:

Notes: The child is named Castor, after one of the twins in the Gemini constellation.

I had considerable trouble with the Paranormal Investigator career, which was quite broken. None of the specters appeared, so there wasn't much to do other than cast a seance circle. However, I found a mod that caused the Specters to spawn, which worked great for the Beginner and Adept shifts. I ran into a problem again in the Expert shifts, because it turned out the Brave reward trait was broken and Morgaine was too scared to deal with the specters. So I had to turn the mod off again and just spam seances to get those done. What a mess! In hindsight, I could probably have left the mod on and dealt with the +10 scared moodlets by using some of those reward trait potions that give you like +500 focus, etc, but ah well.

At any rate, Morgaine finished her Immortal Requirements one day before her Adult birthday.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 3/16/23
« Reply #152 on: March 16, 2023, 04:05:33 PM »
@Rhoxi
I thought that the autonomous "Ask to be BFFs," Ask to be bf/gf," and "Ask to marry" popups were introduced with the High School Years pack.
I didn't set MCCC to encourage any of those interactions.

Haha, it's crazy that of us chose different spouse candidates!!! Bet you're sorry you asked now.  :D

See, I thought those autonomous pop ups were part of the High School expansion, but none popped up. Perhaps I wasn't patient enough??
In my game, my sims had to reach certain relationship levels before the popups appeared.
Some friendship before the BFF popup and some pink Romance bar for the gf/bf popup.
In my NSB, the proposal popup appeared only after woohoo; but if I'd been a more patient Watcher, it might have appeared after becoming gf/bf.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #153 on: March 16, 2023, 04:44:30 PM »
Ah, I didn't realize you had posted two updates!
Wow, I'm beyond delighted that Morgaine chose the beautiful Arleth!
How funny that the only popup Morgaine got was from Bonehilda!

I enjoyed watching Morgaine's escapades as both a serial romantic and a paranormal investigator.
The PI gigs have been broken since forever, it seems.
In my 7 Heroes Dynasty, my sim really struggled with her 7 Adept-rank gigs for the same reason as Morgaine did.
Their home had the Haunted House lot trait so, oddly, specters showed up at the home lot but not at the gigs.
Glad that Morgaine managed to complete that requirement despite the career being so glitchy!

Welcome to the Alvah madness, Castor!
He looks like a toddler--was he born before the infant update?
Does that mean that Morgaine & Arleth should have more children?  ;-)

Congrats on achieving immortality, Morgaine!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #154 on: March 16, 2023, 05:03:10 PM »
Welcome Castor! Wishing the growing family every blessing :)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #155 on: March 17, 2023, 09:49:04 AM »
What a great couple of updates!!  And I even got to see my dear, sweet Kalanea  :=)
The date, ghosts, date, ghosts, bit was fantastic!  You communicated so much about that portion of her life with nothing more than pictures and two words.  Sometimes the best writing actually involves very little writing!
Congrats on the alienboo...and possibly another alienboo on the way from the abduction?  I mean, why on earth wouldn't you want another boo from Morrigan's Morgaine's amazing gene pool?  ;=)
Oh, and I'm looking forward to you enjoying some infant time!  New update content!  Woot!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #156 on: March 21, 2023, 11:17:47 PM »
@Rhoxi
I thought that the autonomous "Ask to be BFFs," Ask to be bf/gf," and "Ask to marry" popups were introduced with the High School Years pack.
I didn't set MCCC to encourage any of those interactions.

Haha, it's crazy that of us chose different spouse candidates!!! Bet you're sorry you asked now.  :D

See, I thought those autonomous pop ups were part of the High School expansion, but none popped up. Perhaps I wasn't patient enough??
In my game, my sims had to reach certain relationship levels before the popups appeared.
Some friendship before the BFF popup and some pink Romance bar for the gf/bf popup.
In my NSB, the proposal popup appeared only after woohoo; but if I'd been a more patient Watcher, it might have appeared after becoming gf/bf.

Hm, yeah I dunno why I didn't get any romance pop ups. Ultimately, the Serial Romantic aspiration requires 8 boyfriends/girlfriends. I wanted to get that aspiration completed, so I eventually had Morgaine take initiative. Perhaps I didn't hold off long enough. Oh well. I still want to complete Villainous Valentine with another Heir, which will also require plenty of love interests. Hopefully I'll have better luck then.

Ah, I didn't realize you had posted two updates!
Wow, I'm beyond delighted that Morgaine chose the beautiful Arleth!
How funny that the only popup Morgaine got was from Bonehilda!

I enjoyed watching Morgaine's escapades as both a serial romantic and a paranormal investigator.
The PI gigs have been broken since forever, it seems.
In my 7 Heroes Dynasty, my sim really struggled with her 7 Adept-rank gigs for the same reason as Morgaine did.
Their home had the Haunted House lot trait so, oddly, specters showed up at the home lot but not at the gigs.
Glad that Morgaine managed to complete that requirement despite the career being so glitchy!

Welcome to the Alvah madness, Castor!
He looks like a toddler--was he born before the infant update?
Does that mean that Morgaine & Arleth should have more children?  ;-)

Congrats on achieving immortality, Morgaine!

I went with Arleth in part because I decided on a wanting a green-boo since I had purple and blue sims in my Dojo dynasty. I also liked her style - she looks pretty hardcore or like she could hold her own in a fight. I imagine Morgaine would like that sort of thing. Caster was born before the infant update. And don't worry, there will be *plenty* of children. :D

Welcome Castor! Wishing the growing family every blessing :)

Aw, thank you! This growing family is going to get mighty big real quick!

What a great couple of updates!!  And I even got to see my dear, sweet Kalanea  :=)
The date, ghosts, date, ghosts, bit was fantastic!  You communicated so much about that portion of her life with nothing more than pictures and two words.  Sometimes the best writing actually involves very little writing!
Congrats on the alienboo...and possibly another alienboo on the way from the abduction?  I mean, why on earth wouldn't you want another boo from Morrigan's Morgaine's amazing gene pool?  ;=)
Oh, and I'm looking forward to you enjoying some infant time!  New update content!  Woot!

I'm glad you liked that bit. You're right: sometimes simple is best! The infants/growing together certainly released at a very fortuitous time for me - right as I was about to have a bunch of nooboos. It's been fun.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter 28: Expanding the Family - Updated 3/21/23
« Reply #157 on: March 22, 2023, 12:08:40 AM »
Chapter 28: Expanding the Family

Morgaine and Arleth lovingly raise little Castor, teaching him all the usual things, like motor skills . . .

And language.

They don't wait long, however, before deciding to expand the family - and this time shoot for twins with a little fertility massage.

Success!

Arleth gives birth to twin spellcaster boys, Janus and Aster.

The twins are promptly aged up, revealing bright auburn hair.

After another cake, however, their hair turns black.

Quickly aging up to teens, they are sent to live with relatives.

Next, Morgaine and Arleth decide to try out some newly developed technology that allows them to have a "science baby."

Welcome little Jax! Who, although not being their first child, is their very first infant!

Castor seems none too impressed to have to share the attention.

Which is unfortunate for him, seeing as the happy couple try once more the old fashioned way.

And soon, they usher into the world twin girls.

Rhalden, a spellcaster.

And Rhevinia - or "Rhevi" - an alien.

Of course, they aren't the only family with nooboos on the brain.

The Alvahs receive word from Leighton and Harrison, along with Handsome Vlad and Agnes, that they too are expanding the family.

Whew! Is that a lot of little ones or what?

Notes: Janus and Aster were aged up and sent elsewhere since I was shooting for an alien heir. However, I have to note that Janus is a great looking sim. Quite bookish. At some point, I may have to bring him back into the fold to produce some children. I almost regret aging him up without taking a sneak peak in cas.fulleditmode. He might've made for a good heir. Oh well, c'est la vie; I'm very happy with the family as it is.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 3/21/23
« Reply #158 on: March 22, 2023, 07:16:14 AM »
What a whirlwind of nooboos!! 
I'll certainly be curious to get to know our potential alien heirs and to see who gets the nod as the next to carrying the line forward!
Is the science baby thing from a mod, or is that some content I don't know about?

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #159 on: March 22, 2023, 08:44:36 AM »
I'll certainly be curious to get to know our potential alien heirs and to see who gets the nod as the next to carrying the line forward!
Is the science baby thing from a mod, or is that some content I don't know about?

It's part of the free pre-expansion update that brought infants. It allows you to have a science baby based on one sim's genetics or your and another's that you have a good friendship with. They go to the hospital for an hour or so and BAM! new baby.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #160 on: March 22, 2023, 12:33:48 PM »
As Rhoxi explained, you can ask another sim with whom you're friendly to have a Science Baby with you.  NO pregnancy involved.
I saw in DrGluon's attempt at a 7 Infant challenge (his elderly sim died of old age halfway through) that our sim can also just pick up the phone and get a Science Baby--not sure how the genetics roll in that case.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #161 on: March 22, 2023, 12:40:59 PM »
Rhoxi, so all of the nooboos to create a larger pool of available heir prospects to choose from?
The firstborn is named Castor, so I thought the next alien boy would be Pollux.  Or are we saving Pollux for a wereboo?

I'm curious about your plans for the four wee ones.  Will you eventually move out the spellcaster girl and only keep the 3 alien children?
I love that Leighton and Handsome Vlad's wife also will try for baby.
Will there be a toddler playdate in the Alvah household's future?

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #162 on: March 26, 2023, 04:41:29 PM »
Rhoxi, so all of the nooboos to create a larger pool of available heir prospects to choose from?
The firstborn is named Castor, so I thought the next alien boy would be Pollux.  Or are we saving Pollux for a wereboo?

I'm curious about your plans for the four wee ones.  Will you eventually move out the spellcaster girl and only keep the 3 alien children?
I love that Leighton and Handsome Vlad's wife also will try for baby.
Will there be a toddler playdate in the Alvah household's future?

I just wasn't wild about the name Pollux. In fact, I wasn't finding a whole lot of star names that I liked, so, as you can see, the last three children just got random names that I like. I'm planning to raise all four kiddos to the young adult stage before moving them out. We'll see if that changes. I didn't do a toddler playdate with this round of kiddos, but I did add a nice toddler playdate lot for a birthday party, so I will probably do one next generation.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter 29: - Updated 3/26/23
« Reply #163 on: March 26, 2023, 05:37:12 PM »
Chapter 29: Kid Chaos

With four little ones in the household, it's a busy time for everyone.

Castor ages up to child and experiences important milestones, such as loosing his first tooth

And learning how to ride a bicycle.

Loario even builds him a tree house.

Jax joins him in childhood shortly, and the two become fast friends.

Next, infants Rhevi and Rhalden age up toddler.

Rhevi receives the happy infant trait,

While Rhalden earns the top-notch one!

They enjoy a fabulous toddler birthday.

Despite all the stress and hubbub of raising a large family, Morgaine and Arleth are as happy as ever.

Certainly, there are rough moments,

Which loyal Kalanea takes especially to heart,

Kalanea: "We are *nice* to our spouses! Nice!"

As do the aliens, apparently.

"Anything to see here? Is Arleth being treated well?"

Morgaine: "It was just a spat!"

"Let's check with the grandfather, too, just in case."

Loario: "Oh for - everything's fine!"

Ironically, Morgaine the Player constantly worries about being cheated on.

However, the two experience "Amazing Compatibility" and always make sure to make time for each other.

As for Loario and Kalanea, they keep busy with new careers and aspirations.

They both join the culinary career. Loario becomes a celebrity mixologist, while Kalanea becomes a celebrity chef, and they each complete the related aspiration. Additionally, Loario goes on to become Master of the Real, and Kalanea becomes a City Master Planner.

Loario is so successful in the culinary arts, he briefly considers becoming a foodie despite his inability to consume human food.

Hm, yeah, on second thought, no.

In closing, Castor ages up to teen.

Generation Three: Morgaine Alvah (Spellcaster) - COMPLETE

Point System:

Notes: Since Arleth joined the household, there have been three alien visits. Coincidence? I like to think they're checking in on how she's being treated. As for Morgaine worrying about Arleth cheating on her, it is a *constant* spam. She gets the fear, talks about several times, it goes away, it comes back, etc. Pretty funny. Honestly, between Morgaine's evil and insensitive traits, and them both being dastardly, I was expecting more drama. As for Castor and Jax, they did lose teeth as children, so their faces will be effected by the face changing bug. It's neither here nor there, however, as Rhevi is the designated heir this time around.

Lot Credit: "Toddler Park" is by LPerveeva.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 3/26/23
« Reply #164 on: March 27, 2023, 02:34:55 AM »
Is Castor the teen shorter than adult? Is that a new thing? I haven't had aging kids since the update and I haven't got Growing Together yet.
I think I've had more alien abductions when my sims have intimate relationships with aliens. It's nice that they are so protective ☺️