Author Topic: Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty 5/8/23 - Chapter 42: Taking the Hint  (Read 32430 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 10/31/22
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2022, 02:49:24 PM »
Thanks for all the toddler spam. They're all adorable :)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2022, 10:11:26 PM »
I just started reading your story and couldn't stop until I ran out of chapters to read!

First of all, this Dynasty idea is AWESOME! I love the occult variety and the freedom that the rules allow - as I was reading, I just kept thinking "Oh, I want to play this!" We do have an official new 2022 Dynasty coming soon, and I thought that was going to be my next thing. And then I planned to go back to my first ever Immortal Dynasty which was still on the Founder when I put it on hold for the Big Dreams Dynasty. But now I think I might have to put all that off and start this one when I finish my BDD (which admittedly will be awhile since I'm only on Gen 4).

As for your Sims - they are FABULOUS! I love the new and improved Vlad. And William is equally wonderful. But seriously, could there be a more gorgeous Sim than Kalanea? She is truly stunning!

So glad I found your story and your challenge. Can't wait to play it myself, but on the way to that, I am so looking forward to following your story.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2022, 01:12:22 PM »
Well, three beautiful children! You are spoiled for heirs, Watcher.
However, sneaky you, their life states haven't been revealed so we don't know which ones are spellcasters!

My early vote goes to Leighton in hope that he inherits William's looks in addition to the Alvah skin tone. Haha
Thank you for the cliffhanger! I look forward eagerly to your next update!

One tentative vote for Leighton - noted! I'll be soliciting reader votes once the kiddos become teens, as I'm rather torn between them myself. As for the occult states, Morgaine was born a spellcaster, while twins Leighton and Leila were born mermaids. However, it's really neither here nor there since they don't have to be *born* the right occult state. It'll be simple enough to swap them over to spellcasters.

Team Leila reporting for duty!
A delightful and ridiculously adorable update!  I mean, you showed me the lovely and wonderful Kalantha (who gets my SimSelf's vote as mother of the year) and you presented the clear and obvious choice for the next heir, Leila.  Yep.  A truly delightful update  :=)
William freaking out through the wondows as he was, apparently, too nervous to even enter the hospital is pretty fantastic!
Oh, ghost Vlad!  Always making us smile by showing up only to turn that around by morphing into a destructive force of nature  ;=)

A strong vote for Leila! Oshizu has rightly called you out for your predictable love of red heads. ;D

Thanks for all the toddler spam. They're all adorable :)

You are so very welcome!

I just started reading your story and couldn't stop until I ran out of chapters to read!

First of all, this Dynasty idea is AWESOME! I love the occult variety and the freedom that the rules allow - as I was reading, I just kept thinking "Oh, I want to play this!" We do have an official new 2022 Dynasty coming soon, and I thought that was going to be my next thing. And then I planned to go back to my first ever Immortal Dynasty which was still on the Founder when I put it on hold for the Big Dreams Dynasty. But now I think I might have to put all that off and start this one when I finish my BDD (which admittedly will be awhile since I'm only on Gen 4).

As for your Sims - they are FABULOUS! I love the new and improved Vlad. And William is equally wonderful. But seriously, could there be a more gorgeous Sim than Kalanea? She is truly stunning!

So glad I found your story and your challenge. Can't wait to play it myself, but on the way to that, I am so looking forward to following your story.

Aw, thank you so much for the lovely compliments! I'm delighted that you're interested in giving the challenge a go sometime. And what's this -- teasing a new dynasty challenge?? How exciting! I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with. Kalanea is indeed stunning - I'm glad you agree! I really could not have asked for a better heir. Definitely one of the most striking sims I've ever played.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter Eighteen: Party Down! - Updated 11/7/22
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2022, 02:03:19 PM »
Chapter Eighteen: Party Down!

With the toddler days behind her, it's time for Kalanea to finish the last of her immortal requirements: time to party, party, party! She hosts a black and white bash for close friends and family.

Kalanea: "Pregnant again? What is this number . . . ?"

Kalantha: "Five!" she exclaimes in delight.

"First, of course, there's Taryn."

"Then Zoe - they're both teens."

"Maurice, and then there's little Terrance, who's at home with the baby sitter."

At the party, Kalanea takes the time to have a little chat with Handsome Vlad.

Kalanea: "Have you considered expanding the family?" *hint, hint*

Well, apparently her words got through to him, but not in the way a certain Watcher was hoping. Perhaps Handsome Vlad and Agnes need to be something more than boyfriend and girlfriend to decide to have a biological child?

Kalanea throws another two parties.

They're rather insignificant on their own, but together that means that Kalanea has officially completed her requirements and is IMMORTAL.

The kiddos, meanwhile, are all hard at work.

They diligently focus on school, aspirations, and scouting all at the same time.

Morgaine and Leila decide to be best friends forever.

"Girls rule; boys drool!"

Despite multiple prepare for death notices, grandma Kalamainu'u is still alive and kicking - and always ready to help.

Truly, it's a busy bustling family life!

In closing, have some pictures of the latest house improvements.

First, a bedroom fit for a spellcaster!

Second, the entry way area and its overlook finally gets some decor.

Kalamainu'u Iona, William Wilson, Kalanea Alvah, Loario Alvah
Leila Alvah, Leighton Alvah, Morgaine Alvah, and Nimue

Generation One: Loario Alvah (Vampire) – COMPLETE
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Generation Two: Kalanea Alvah (Mermaid) - COMPLETE

Generation Three: ? ? ? (Spellcaster)
Morgaine: Self-Assured
Leighton: Good
Leila: Hot-Headed

Miscellaneous:

Notes: The spellcaster bedroom was pulled in large part from "Wicked Witch Bedroom" by buddaguitarz.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 11/7/22
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2022, 03:13:19 PM »
Such lovely decor and lovely kiddos. I can see why you haven't chosen the heir yet, they're all attractive in different ways but of course "Girls Rule!"

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2022, 05:38:30 PM »
Woooo, congrats to Kalanea, this dynasty's second Immortal!
The house is looking ever more fabulous, if that was possible.

Ugh, I hate when a townie gets me all hyped about expanding their family, then later infoms me they either adopted a baby or a pet.
Not that I have anything against adoption, but sometimes I seek a particular genetic combo.
As for adopting pets, I have that NSS option disabled, lol.

Looking at the Gen3 kiddos traits, I'm wondering if you are randomizing traits or picking them yourself.
Whichever child is chosen for heir will be fabulous, for sure!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2022, 06:40:01 PM »
Nice update! The kids are all adorable. Thank you for sharing the house improvements - it all looks awesome.
This looks like so much fun to play.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2022, 07:01:40 AM »
Congrats to Kalantha on having nooboo number five on the way!!  And the current kiddos are all so lovely/handsome, which of course they are because of their lovely mama  :=)
It was so nice to see the lovely and glorious Leila skilling up in preparations to be the next heir.  And her siblings were also working hard, I guess.  Oh, and congrats to Morgaine on getting the best BFF ever  :=)
The house decorations look fantastic!  Truly a palace worthy of Leila's greatness  :=)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2022, 04:29:34 PM »
Such lovely decor and lovely kiddos. I can see why you haven't chosen the heir yet, they're all attractive in different ways but of course "Girls Rule!"

Indeed! I'm rather fond of all of them, but perhaps after this next update one will start to pull ahead. Get ready for teen pics!

Woooo, congrats to Kalanea, this dynasty's second Immortal!
The house is looking ever more fabulous, if that was possible.

Ugh, I hate when a townie gets me all hyped about expanding their family, then later infoms me they either adopted a baby or a pet.
Not that I have anything against adoption, but sometimes I seek a particular genetic combo.
As for adopting pets, I have that NSS option disabled, lol.

Looking at the Gen3 kiddos traits, I'm wondering if you are randomizing traits or picking them yourself.
Whichever child is chosen for heir will be fabulous, for sure!

Thank you! And I agree - I totally want to see genetic combos of Vlad and his new lady Agnes. A wedding for them could be in the works soon. As for traits, I am picking them myself.

Nice update! The kids are all adorable. Thank you for sharing the house improvements - it all looks awesome.
This looks like so much fun to play.

Thanks! I'm putting a lot of work into this dynasty house, more so than usual. Glad to see it's appreciated!

Congrats to Kalantha on having nooboo number five on the way!!  And the current kiddos are all so lovely/handsome, which of course they are because of their lovely mama  :=)
It was so nice to see the lovely and glorious Leila skilling up in preparations to be the next heir.  And her siblings were also working hard, I guess.  Oh, and congrats to Morgaine on getting the best BFF ever  :=)
The house decorations look fantastic!  Truly a palace worthy of Leila's greatness  :=)

Haha, thanks! Leila appreciates your enthusiasm. But will you change horses once you see their teenage pictures? (My guess is, "NEVER!")

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter Nineteen: The Overachievers - Updated 11/20/22
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2022, 04:49:59 PM »

Chapter Nineteen: The Overachievers

The kids continue working on their aspirations.

Mental.

Creativity.

Motor.

And social.

That's right: check out the new kids' room!

They even get a new playmate.

Welcome, Bubalus, you ... creature, you!

Despite several reports of its adventures, Bubalus's postcards are nowhere to be found.

Morgaine cakes up on her birthday.

Leighton joins her immediately, a couple of days ahead of schedule. What a go-getter!

Leila takes a fishing trip and goes to class.

And ages up later that day!

Look at all these little overachievers: aspirations and badges all complete!

In closing, the family gets yet another phone call from Kalantha.

Kalanea: "S-six? Really? Be fruitful and multiply, I guess!"

Kalamainu'u Iona, William Wilson, Kalanea Alvah, Loario Alvah
Leila Alvah, Leighton Alvah, Morgaine Alvah, and Nimue

Generation One: Loario Alvah (Vampire) – COMPLETE

Generation Two: Kalanea Alvah (Mermaid) - COMPLETE

Generation Three: ? ? ? (Spellcaster)
Morgaine: Self-Assured
Leighton: Good
Leila: Hot-Headed

Miscellaneous:

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2022, 05:32:09 PM »
Decisions, Decisions . . .

Let's take a closer look at our Gen. 3 candidates now that they're teens!

Each candidate has completed all four child aspirations and earned all scouting badges. Each is, or will become, a spellcaster. If chosen to become Heir, the candidate will complete the two spellcaster aspirations and complete the ghost hunter career.

Morgaine:

Traits: Self-Assured, Overachiever, (Unflirty). Bonus Trait: High-Metabolism.
Gender Identity: Female.
Romantic/Sexual Orientation: Men, Women.
After-School Activity: Chess Club.
Teen Aspiration: Goal-Oriented.

Features:
Face Shape: William
Eye Shape: William
Nose: Kalanea
Mouth: Kalanea

Notes: A lovely combination of both Kalanea and William's features. A rather cold, ambitious sim who has difficulty in the romance department. And speaking of cold, I would like this sim to complete the Extreme Sports Enthusiast aspiration to conquer the physical - in addition to the magical - realm.

Leighton:

Traits: Good, Socially Awkward, (Romantic). Bonus Trait: High-Metabolism.
Gender Identity: Male.
Romantic/Sexual Orientation: Men.
After-School Activity: Football.
Teen Aspiration: Admired Icon.

Features:
Face Shape: Kalanea
Eye Shape: Kalanea
Nose: Handsome Vlad
Mouth: ?

Notes: Basically a male Kalanea, with the exception of the somewhat unfortunate nose Wendel inherited. Can this kindhearted sim manage to overcome his awkwardness and find true love? Additional goals for this sim include the soulmate aspiration and sports career.

Leila:

Traits: Hot-Headed, Romantic, (Noncommittal). Bonus Trait: Dastardly.
Gender Identity: Female.
Romantic/Sexual Orientation: Men.
After-School Activity: Cheerleading.
Teen Aspiration: Drama Llama.

Features:
Face Shape: Kalanea
Eye Shape: Kalanea
Nose: Kalanea
Mouth: Kalanea

Notes: Her features are a direct clone of Kalanea, but with stunning red hair and green eyes. Sit back and enjoy the drama as this passionate lover completes the Serial Romantic and Villainous Valentine aspirations.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 11/20/22
« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2022, 07:57:14 PM »
First of all, congrats to the triplets (and their Watcher) on their prodigious childhood achievements!
Looks like you've been having fun with Bubalus. You checked household inventory for its postcard?
That's where I found mine, but another forum member reported not receiving any in household inventory, either. Hoping that you find yours!
It's a feasible collection for an immortal dynasty where the active household never moves. :D

As for the teens, I feel like the choice of aspirations/traits are a bit stacked in Leila's favor.
Sorry, Leighton, but I am switching horses to back  Morgaine.
Her aspirations aren't as dramatic as Leila's, but Morgaine is an absolute stunner!
Speaking of Leila's aspirations, may I assume that the Mt. Komorebi excursions are working for you in this save.  If yes, YAY!

It's your challenge; you should choose the sim you believe will be most fun to play as the next heir. :D
If you're having a blast, so will we your readers. <3

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2022, 09:00:55 PM »
First of all, congrats to the triplets (and their Watcher) on their prodigious childhood achievements!
Looks like you've been having fun with Bubalus. You checked household inventory for its postcard?
That's where I found mine, but another forum member reported not receiving any in household inventory, either. Hoping that you find yours!
It's a feasible collection for an immortal dynasty where the active household never moves. :D

As for the teens, I feel like the choice of aspirations/traits are a bit stacked in Leila's favor.
Sorry, Leighton, but I am switching horses to back  Morgaine.
Her aspirations aren't as dramatic as Leila's, but Morgaine is an absolute stunner!
Speaking of Leila's aspirations, may I assume that the Mt. Komorebi excursions are working for you in this save.  If yes, YAY!

It's your challenge; you should choose the sim you believe will be most fun to play as the next heir. :D
If you're having a blast, so will we your readers. <3

Oshizu, I swear you read my mind! I went to add a new picture of Bubalus to the update only to find your reply mirroring my own thoughts. I agree that Morgaine is an absolute stunner, but I like the aspirations for Leila. While my original take on Morgaine's personality was for her to be a cold, ambitious sort with little interest in people/romance, I think she would also make for a different sort of cold character - a heartless, black widow type. I may re-trait her to something like evil, overachiever, noncommittal and have her do the aspirations I originally intended for Leila.

As for the Mt. Komorebi expedition, I have no idea yet if it will work in this save file. But after being denied the opportunity to give it a go in my Dojo Dynasty I'm looking forward to trying it out! Of course, if I do switch Morgaine's personality and go for the Villainous Valentine and Serial Romantic aspirations with her, then who will scale Mt. Komorebi?? Or is that yet another aspiration for her to work on? Decisions, decisions!

Sadly, Bubalus's postcards aren't in the household inventory, either. I wonder if that means I need to just get a new pet . . .

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2022, 12:09:20 PM »
So the choice for the heir is a Socially-Awkward Romantic, a Non-Committal Romantic and an Unflirty Sim?

Just on looks, I'd go for Morgaine because she's got a new (to this dynasty) face-shape and her freckles are cute. Leila and Leighton are also both stunning. Such a wealth of choice!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2022, 12:16:42 PM »
Both the ladies are gorgeous, but there is something about Leighton . . . I just like him, even if he is socially awkward (I haven't actually played with that trait though, so don't know what challenges it may bring).

You do have a difficult choice here - any of these could be a great heir.