Author Topic: Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty 5/8/23 - Chapter 42: Taking the Hint  (Read 32391 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter Fifteen: Sun and Rain - Updated 10/23/22
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2022, 10:58:41 AM »
Chapter Fifteen: Sun and Rain

In between days working in the conservationist career, Kalanea decides it's time to take a short vacation in order to work on her aspirations.

Hellooooo Selvadora!

After stocking up on supplies, it's off to the jungle - and yes, dear old dad is along to help.

They arrive at their first temple. How lovely that someone thought to hang Winterfest Lights all they way out here!

While Kalanea engages in the more safe activities such as excavating,

Loario deals with the traps. What great teamwork!

It's a short but successful trip. After all, a certain gentleman is waiting for Kalanea back at home.

They decide to marry at the lovely Tartosa White Wedding venue.

With the sun blessing still over her head, Kalanea takes the plunge!

A little celebratory rice,

and right as they cut the cake, the sky opens up and pours rain ... and lightening and thunder, oh my!

It's certainly not a gold metal wedding, as the guests desperately scatter for shelter and safety, but the couple are happy and don't seem to mind.

In fact, it seems to have put some marrying ideas into someone else's head.

In closing, the family mansion gets a small house update. The enormous entryway now contains a number of display cases to show off the family's accomplishments.

Kalamainu'u Iona, William Wilson, Loario Alvah, Kalanea Alvah

Generation One: Loario Alvah (Vampire) – COMPLETE
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Generation Two: Kalanea Alvah (Mermaid)

Miscellaneous:

Notes:
The Tartosa White Wedding venue is by Simstanie.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 10/20/22
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2022, 11:02:36 AM »
Oh dear. Kalandria wasn't around for long, even for an Immortal spouse. I hope the heartache won't last. Kalanea is such a stunning Sim. I'm looking forward to her nooboos with William.

I just got the nooboos in my game yesterday - and I cannot wait to show them off in just a couple of updates! ;D

Yay, Kalanea and William are engaged! He gets a perfect fortunetelling from the Love Guru and immediately acts on it!
(I wish the Romance Festival's Heat of the Moment Proposal had different animation from the regular proposal, hehe)
Like everyone, I'm also looking forward to their nooboo(s).
If you use "Send alone" on Kalanea to give birth at the hospital, you'd know immediately if the newborn is a casterboo (spellcaster bassinet) or merboo (reguar bassinet).
But be sure not to leave any bassinets out while Kalanea's at the hospital if you want to try this. ;p

The Magic Room is to die for! I couldn't get a good look at the Sulani Restaurant, but I'm sure you'll visit the place again.
Awww, too bad about Kalandria. :(

As for Handsome Vlad, could Loraio invite him over and "Discuss expanding the family" for faster results?

Wow, the baby turtle event seemed to happen so soon after fully restoring Mu'a Pelam!  Great job, Alvahs!

I too, wish that proposal had a different animation! A little variety is always nice. Good call about handsome Vlad. Based on this update it might not be necessary, but it's worth trying just to speed things along.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 10/23/22
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2022, 04:09:40 PM »
Kalanea looks stunning in both that orangish-yellow turtleneck and her soft pin wedding gown!

Wow, Handsome Vlad is so handsome! Did his creator only switch Vlad's hair and add facial hair, or were Vlad's facial features also slightly tweaked?
Great luck with that engagement phone call from Vlad!

While you are playing your immortal or nearly-immortal household, the rest of the townies must be dying off like flies. (Flies? Is that the right word?)
Oooh, Kalanea had multiple births!  Can't wait to meet them!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2022, 09:47:28 PM »
The family's doing so well, and did so in stealth mode as I realized I'd missed an update!
Last update:  It was such a delight to see Kalantha with nooboo still in process, but what a tragedy for poor Kalandria!!
This update:  What a sweet wedding!  And the display cases in the entryway?  Outstanding!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2022, 02:25:57 AM »
Love the display cabinet idea. Do you think that stops the collectible buffs? That Playful buff is literally a killer!
Gorgeous wedding and nooboos coming! (Excited squee)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2022, 06:31:21 PM »
I agree with everyone that the stunning display cabinets are a brilliant idea.
It's sad to stash our hard-won collectibles in a basement or other remote location. ;p

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: October 26, 2022, 10:19:14 AM »
Kalanea looks stunning in both that orangish-yellow turtleneck and her soft pin wedding gown!

Wow, Handsome Vlad is so handsome! Did his creator only switch Vlad's hair and add facial hair, or were Vlad's facial features also slightly tweaked?
Great luck with that engagement phone call from Vlad!

While you are playing your immortal or nearly-immortal household, the rest of the townies must be dying off like flies. (Flies? Is that the right word?)
Oooh, Kalanea had multiple births!  Can't wait to meet them!

Handsome Vlad does have his features slightly altered. They kept the basic structure with the large nose and chin, but softened it a bit so as to be a bit more palatable. And yes, like flies - correct use. Are you not a native English speaker? If so, then wow! You certainly write like one! But yeah, the townies are dying out pretty hard. Good thing about this challenge, though, is that you can add new sims to your town whenever you wish! Which gets me thinking - when the Gen 3 kids hit teens, maybe I'll try adding some player made teens to the world to keep things interesting.

The family's doing so well, and did so in stealth mode as I realized I'd missed an update!
Last update:  It was such a delight to see Kalantha with nooboo still in process, but what a tragedy for poor Kalandria!!
This update:  What a sweet wedding!  And the display cases in the entryway?  Outstanding!

I agree with everyone that the stunning display cabinets are a brilliant idea.
It's sad to stash our hard-won collectibles in a basement or other remote location. ;p

Thanks! I totally stole the idea/design for the display cases from the high school I'm using by Snarkywitch. The entryway has a whole big display.

Love the display cabinet idea. Do you think that stops the collectible buffs? That Playful buff is literally a killer!
Gorgeous wedding and nooboos coming! (Excited squee)

It does stop the collectible buffs, because the display cases are just separate rooms with large windows. And yes, so excited about those nooboos just give it like oooooone more update and you will see!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter Sixteen: Get It Done and Get Busy! - Updated 10/26/22
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2022, 11:07:43 AM »
Chapter Sixteen: Get It Done and Get Busy!

As eager as a certain watcher was to get to the part about nooboos, there was first the matter of Kalanea's aspirations. After all, who wants to leave home to travel with little ones at home?

Accordingly, Kalanea was on a mad dash to finish -- oh! Erm. Well, yes she does look rather peaceful doesn't she?

Just, um, all part of the strategy to avoid being frightened by the temple guardian! Yes!

But don't worry - Loario is on the case.

And when the path is safe, Kalanea goes for the loot - only to find that it's cursed. She's Marked for Electrocution!

She sends up a prayer and is cured.

Mother dearest, however, seems to be having a bit of a hard time home with only William to keep her company.

Kalanea: "Seriously. It's been ONE day, mom. I've been gone ONE day."

Thankfully, the last stages of the aspirations can be completed at home.

Kalanea writes a book about archeology, and then gives William a lecture: archeology scholar complete!

Next it's time to mess around with those mystic artifacts.

Kalanea: "Hi mom!"

The result is certainly unexpected, but is strangely deemed a "blessing."

No body means no need to take care of said body, freeing one of motive decay!

A few more experiments later, and Kalanea knocks out the jungle explorer aspiration too!

She's also climbing the career ladder and enjoying the gorgeous Sulani landscape.

Career: maxed! We're getting things DONE.

After another call from Kalantha -

Kalanea decides to swing by for a visit and meet her nieces, Taryn and Zoe.

Now what's this here? Try for baby? Truly, an inspired idea.

Kalanea and William age up to adults.

And get to work with gettin' busy!

Success!

In other news, Handsome Vlad seems to be getting cold feet after getting engaged to Agnes.

Kalanea knocks out the decorative egg collection.

And Loario finally gets around to finishing that feather collection with Nimue.

Kalamainu'u Iona, William Wilson, Loario Alvah, Kalanea Alvah

Miscellaneous:

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 10/26/22
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2022, 01:42:12 PM »
I see Kalamainu'u decided to try out the artefacts too! Congrats on all the achievements in this episode. You're really zipping through them.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2022, 02:59:21 PM »
Kalanea got SOOOO much done before the arrival of the nooboos!  Terrific work!
I was a little shocked that lovely William didn't drink a Potion of Rejuv to be a pretty YA for another 24 days, but I guess the spouses can't stay around forever. *wipes tear

It's curious that in both your save and Granny's save, it's the male relatives phoning to hit on other male relatives.
Do you think they're romantically interested in both men and women?  Or is it their Woohoo Interest?
It hasn't happened to me yet, so I've probably just jinxed myself, lol!

Bring on the nooboos!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2022, 03:01:38 PM »
Another Kalanthaboo?!?!?  That seems like an absolute, no hesitation yes!  I mean, just look at how adorable her little nieces are!  They obviously get their good looks from their momma  :=)
The "I've been gone ONE day!" bit was fantastic!
And echoing the other comments, you are knocking out requirements like crazy!  Fantastic job  :=)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter Seventeen: Toddlers, Toddlers, and More Toddlers! - Updated 10/31/22
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2022, 03:17:21 PM »
Chapter Seventeen: Toddlers, Toddlers, and More Toddlers!

Kalanea goes to the hospital to deliver her first child. Yes, that's a ghost doctor performing the operation, and yes that's William freaking out in the background.

Welcome little Morgaine!

Kalanea swiftly bounces back from her pregnancy and heads off to her first shift as a level ten Marine Biologist wearing . . .

Scuba gear with heals. Hello, HR?? Excuse me, is this legal?

On her way home, she finds Kalantha waiting for her.

Kalanea: "Oo, what is this - number three?"

Kalantha" *Nodding.*

She gets inspired to speed things along and delivers her next pregnancy on a ley line, hoping for twins.

Success! Welcome Leighton and Leila.

A certain someone, however, is a wee bit upset about the arrival of new siblings.

Morgaine takes out her frustration on the doll house.

With three simultaneous toddlers, the house is busier than ever.

Brace for incoming toddler spam!

Even ghost Vlad stops by to say he -- Hey, now! Stop that!

Formerly jealous sister Morgaine hugs it out with Leila over the busted doll house.

Then all too soon (and yet not soon enough!) all three siblings make it to the cake as top-notch toddlers.

Whew! That was a lot of toddlers. Can we relax now?

Well, some of us can!

Kalamainu'u Iona, William Wilson, Kalanea Alvah, Loario Alvah
Leila Alvah, Leighton Alvah, Morgaine Alvah, and Nimue

Miscellaneous:

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 10/31/22
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2022, 04:02:41 PM »
Well, three beautiful children! You are spoiled for heirs, Watcher.
However, sneaky you, their life states haven't been revealed so we don't know which ones are spellcasters!

My early vote goes to Leighton in hope that he inherits William's looks in addition to the Alvah skin tone. Haha
Thank you for the cliffhanger! I look forward eagerly to your next update!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2022, 07:21:50 PM »
Team Leila reporting for duty!
A delightful and ridiculously adorable update!  I mean, you showed me the lovely and wonderful Kalantha (who gets my SimSelf's vote as mother of the year) and you presented the clear and obvious choice for the next heir, Leila.  Yep.  A truly delightful update  :=)
William freaking out through the wondows as he was, apparently, too nervous to even enter the hospital is pretty fantastic!
Oh, ghost Vlad!  Always making us smile by showing up only to turn that around by morphing into a destructive force of nature  ;=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2022, 10:21:12 PM »
Team Leila reporting for duty!
A delightful and ridiculously adorable update!  I mean, you showed me the lovely and wonderful Kalantha (who gets my SimSelf's vote as mother of the year) and you presented the clear and obvious choice for the next heir, Leila.  Yep.  A truly delightful update  :=)
William freaking out through the wondows as he was, apparently, too nervous to even enter the hospital is pretty fantastic!
Oh, ghost Vlad!  Always making us smile by showing up only to turn that around by morphing into a destructive force of nature  ;=)
Does your vote for Leila have anything to do with the fact that she's a redhead?  Hmmmm?

anything