Author Topic: Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty 5/8/23 - Chapter 42: Taking the Hint  (Read 32474 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 9/24/22
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2022, 04:04:09 AM »
I love all the venues that you're using. I'm always nervous about using them for events, especially when shooting for a gold, because some of them just don't work. Do you download them and then examine them closely before using or do you just wing it?

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2022, 09:28:11 AM »
Oh yeah, losing the lovely William to a lightning bolt would be a crime against humanity! Uh, simanity?)
The Prom Invite resentment sentiment is such a pain. My teens get that even after they've graduated.
Even if they're teens, if they've graduated, they can't invite anyone to the prom so, yeah, super annoying!

Love the school and auditorium lots you're using!
Not to sound ungrateful, but I wish the reward for a gold Prom Date were nicer than that one-song Prom phonograph, LOL!

By the way, do you understand how the bowling works in game?  I had two 3-sim groups playing one lane each, but they spent most of the time standing around and chatting.

P.S. Great idea to not ban moving out household members. With the new longer lifespans, merfolk enjoy even longer longevity. ;p

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2022, 03:36:31 PM »
Must say, I've got a soft spot for Kalantha.  Glad to see that she and the Vald-nosed offspring are spending some time together  ;=)
What on earth were the boys in (insert name here) High School thinking not asking either of those incredible beauties to the dance?!?!?  Must just be that they were all too intimidated  ;=)
And thank heavens that poor William lived through the lightning!!  I'd hate to see Kalanea steal Kalantha's beau as a back-up spouse!
Looking forward to seeing what happens next!

Haha, Kalantha thanks you for your enthusiasm and assures you that you will enjoy this next update.

I love all the venues that you're using. I'm always nervous about using them for events, especially when shooting for a gold, because some of them just don't work. Do you download them and then examine them closely before using or do you just wing it?

I generally take a peak at them in build/buy mode just to make sure they meet all the requirements, but I don't bother to play test in a separate file first.

Oh yeah, losing the lovely William to a lightning bolt would be a crime against humanity! Uh, simanity?)
The Prom Invite resentment sentiment is such a pain. My teens get that even after they've graduated.
Even if they're teens, if they've graduated, they can't invite anyone to the prom so, yeah, super annoying!

Love the school and auditorium lots you're using!
Not to sound ungrateful, but I wish the reward for a gold Prom Date were nicer than that one-song Prom phonograph, LOL!

By the way, do you understand how the bowling works in game?  I had two 3-sim groups playing one lane each, but they spent most of the time standing around and chatting.

P.S. Great idea to not ban moving out household members. With the new longer lifespans, merfolk enjoy even longer longevity. ;p

This was my first time bowling, so I don't have any insight to add here, other than that my sims also spent a considerable time chatting. As for the merfolk, from what I read online they can live some incredibly long lives. I haven't decided whether Kalamainu'u should die of old age or if something ... unfortunate ... should happen.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter Twelve: The Next Level - 10/7/22
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2022, 04:56:55 PM »
Chapter Twelve: The Next Level

The ghost of Vladislaus stops by to flirt with Kalamainu'u - and with her husband right there no less! I'm not sure whether it's part of the autonomous relationships that came with the High School EP or whether its the Free Love NAP currently running in the neighborhood, but this game file is full of such casual flirtations.

Unperturbed, Loario simply sits down and serenades his still lovely wife. As a music lover, he spontaneously serenades her quite frequently; these old lovebirds haven't lost the magic!

Handsome Vlad and his son William earn two more collections for the family.

Kalanea invites prom king Chandler Goth over so she can put the moves on him.

And they decide to hit up the Love and Peas Bistro for a health-centric date.

Sure enough, the next day at school he asks the question. It's the next level: they're officially boyfriend and girlfriend!

She finds him in the hall performing the T-pose challenge and joins him in solidarity.

Then it's off to career day, which is also Kalantha's last day of high school.

It's the last milestone she needs to complete the Goal-Oriented aspiration, and she graduates with honors.

She ages up with a celebratory matcha tea cake along with three positive character value traits, earning Loario that Super Parent aspiration.

Kalantha joins the conservationist career, so that she can be co-workers with her little sister once Kalanea catches up to her.

She also decides it's time to take things to the next level with Wendel.

And try for baby.

They exchange their vows at the local parish, as Kalantha officially leaves the household to start her life with Wendel.

Yes, that's a baby bump!

*Immediately* upon returning home from the ceremony, Kalamainu'u receives the following phone call. Um, sweetie? Are you okay? I think we're going to have to chalk this one up to pregnancy brain.

Kalanea, meanwhile, badgered by constant requests to go to prom as friends, decides to put an end to the speculation. She wants to go with her new beau, obviously!

Chandler says yes, of course, and they spend a little time celebrating in the cuddle carts.

She also prepares the perfect outfit for the big dance.

Prom night rolls around, and while Kalanea votes for Chandler and gets him a second victory as prom king ...

He seems strangely uninterested in dancing with her.

At the end of the night she waves goodbye to her many friends as if everything is okay.

Then rounds on Chandler. Not a single sweetheart dance with her all night? She's mortified, and they're through!

It's her own decision, but one that leaves her feeling deeply wounded all the same.

Determined to keep a brave face, she soldiers on with a house party to prove how over it she is. Truly, what an icon!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes: The Love and Peas Bistro is by isleroux. St. Vladislaus Parish is by MandaLeeSims.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2022, 05:04:24 PM »
Oh Kalanea! Brave and strong. Will Chandler win her back or will she find love with someone more worthy? Love the Prom drama

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 10/7/22
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2022, 05:28:51 PM »
Great work graduating with honors, Kalanea!
For now, you can break all the hearts you want.
At the end of the day, gorgeous William is waiting in the wings. ;P

The Love and Peas Bistro is super adorable!
Perfect timing for the shot of Kalanthea and Wendell's shower woohoo.  And you captured Wendell's good side. :D

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2022, 10:35:52 PM »
Yay for Kalantha for knocking out that aspiration and graduating with honors and getting the three positive character traits to finish Loario's aspiration!  She is a rockstar!!  And a Kalantha and Wendell (Kalandell?) boo on the way?!?!?  I am excited!
Flip side of the chapter, so sorry for Kalantha's baby sis for such a less-than-stellar prom experience  :=(  Chandler is the worst!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2022, 07:29:47 PM »
Oh Kalanea! Brave and strong. Will Chandler win her back or will she find love with someone more worthy? Love the Prom drama

Well, obviously Chandler is just plain out of luck with William around. :P

Great work graduating with honors, Kalanea!
For now, you can break all the hearts you want.
At the end of the day, gorgeous William is waiting in the wings. ;P

The Love and Peas Bistro is super adorable!
Perfect timing for the shot of Kalanthea and Wendell's shower woohoo.  And you captured Wendell's good side. :D

O dear, you've gotten the girls a bit mixed up. Understandable, given the names. Kalantha (spare) graduated highschool. Kalanea (heir) still has a bit more highschool to get through, but more on that tomorrow when I should have time to for another update!

Yay for Kalantha for knocking out that aspiration and graduating with honors and getting the three positive character traits to finish Loario's aspiration!  She is a rockstar!!  And a Kalantha and Wendell (Kalandell?) boo on the way?!?!?  I am excited!
Flip side of the chapter, so sorry for Kalantha's baby sis for such a less-than-stellar prom experience  :=(  Chandler is the worst!

Your enthusiasm for certain side characters of any given story never fails to delight. Kalantha and her baby sis thank you for your support! :D

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter Thirteen: Loss and Love - 10/18/22
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2022, 08:30:13 AM »
Chapter Thirteen: Loss and Love

Despite the passing of several weeks, our dear handsome Vlad was having a hard time getting over Harlow's demise.

Accordingly, a certain watcher decided it was time to introduce him to a suitable sim: one Agnes Straud (a very distant relation).

After a brief courtship, the two move in together. Perhaps time and future prospects will help heal his broken heart.

Kalantha, meanwhile, grows large with pregnancy.

And despite everything, she still swoops William up in a smooch.

William takes decisive action.

William: "Please sign this petition to repeal the Free Love N.A.P. our neighbors voted in. Because seriously, this is getting ridiculous."

Thankfully, Kalantha agreed. No more of that now!

And speaking of inappropriate relationships, Loario gets a rather shocking call.

Just what is going on in this household?? Are Kalantha and Wendel happy together or not??

Regardless, Kalantha gives birth to a baby girl named Taryn, and turns right around to seek some advice.

Let's try for that baby!

Ever-busy, sleepless Loario knocks out the Painter Extraordinaire aspiration.

And then gets to work on the Best Selling Author aspiration.

Our heir, Kalanea, attends her second career fair and finishes the Goal Oriented aspiration.

She comes home exhausted.

But with a little pick-me-up from Loario, she rallies.

Loario: "Come on, honey. I know you can do it! Just one more volunteer activity gone right should get your conflict resolution in range!"

It's down to the wire, but she comes home successful, and cakes up with all five positive character values.

Which means it's finally time for William to abandon his immortality.

And become a regular sim.

William: "You know - surely, you must know, what brought me back to this household."

"It's you."

It's a magical first date at the gorgeous Anime - Japanese Sushi Bar.

They wine and dine.

And enjoy a campfire in the midst of a romantic winter wonderland.

By the end of the evening, Kalanea is thoroughly charmed, and agrees to be his girlfriend.

It's a match!

Kalamainu'u Iona, William Wilson, Loario Alvah, Kalanea Alvah

Generation One: Loario Alvah (Vampire) – COMPLETE

Generation Two: Kalanea Alvah (Mermaid)

Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Child of the Ocean, Loyal.
Bonus Trait: Collector.

Toddler: Top-Notch Toddler (2 points)
Child: Artistic Prodigy, Rambunctious Scamp, Social Butterfly, Whiz Kid, Scouts (10 points)
Teen: Admired Icon, Goal Oriented, Video Game Streamer, Computer Club, Compassionate, Mediator, Responsible, Emotional Control, Good Manners (15 points)

1 Career:
2 Aspirations:
3 Skills:
4 Reward Traits:
5 Gold Metals: Date, House Party
6 Good Friends:
7 Whims:
8 Museum Items:

Miscellaneous:

Notes: The Anime - Japanese Sushi Bar is by NixieChan. Vampire Agnes Straud is by Ala20046.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 10/18/22
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2022, 09:45:10 PM »
What a sweet update!  Thanks for all the Kalantha shots  ;=)  Yes, I stand by my side characters!
Congrats to Kalantha's sister on getting all five positive traits (and coming right down to the wire in doing so) and congrats to William on romancing his way into her heart  :=)
Oh, and welcome to the extended family, Agnes  :=)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2022, 02:28:49 AM »
Poor William, getting a new step-mum and a random kiss from the wrong sister. What a confusing week for him. But love wins at another lovely venue.
Congrats on the 5 +ve traits.  The volunteer activities are a great way to up that empathy.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #71 on: October 20, 2022, 10:54:53 AM »
What a sweet update!  Thanks for all the Kalantha shots  ;=)  Yes, I stand by my side characters!
Congrats to Kalantha's sister on getting all five positive traits (and coming right down to the wire in doing so) and congrats to William on romancing his way into her heart  :=)
Oh, and welcome to the extended family, Agnes  :=)

Aren't you just loving that the neighborhood stories system is helping Kalantha have another nooboo? I know I am! It'd be nice to have a large extended family.

Poor William, getting a new step-mum and a random kiss from the wrong sister. What a confusing week for him. But love wins at another lovely venue.
Congrats on the 5 +ve traits.  The volunteer activities are a great way to up that empathy.

Well, Agnes isn't a new step mom yet, but let's hope that the neighborhood stories system makes it happen! Otherwise, Vlad might need a temporary re-invite to the household. ;) And thanks: this is my first time getting all five positive traits! I waited too long to start working on conflict resolution - should've taught her more to say sorry as a kid.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter Fourteen: Death and Birth - Updated 10/20/22
« Reply #72 on: October 20, 2022, 12:31:56 PM »

Chapter Fourteen: Death and Birth

Kalanea sits for her young adult portrait.

And gets to work on her conservationist career using her golden streamer laptop.

William, meanwhile, undergoes the rite of ascension to become a spellcaster.

And gets to work in the household's new magic room.

A friend suggests that William might want to hit up the romance festival, so he checks in with the love guru.

Who tells him exactly what he wants to hear.

The mood is right, the atmosphere is appropriately scenic, so he takes the plunge.

Could there be anymore of an enthusiastic yes?

The next day it's time for a family beach clean up.

Only a certain careless watcher forgets that Kalandria isn't sun proof.

Despite being uninvited from the group, she insists on hanging around. (Evidentially, the vampires in Sims 4 are no smarter than the ones in Sims 3 - I seriously thought she'd go find shelter!)

Still, the sun is shining; Sulani is clean again.

Kalantha is pregnant with baby number two.

And William and Kalanea are deeply in love.

With a mix of joy and grief, the family hits up the aptly named "Sulani Restaurant" for a much deserved treat.

And return to Sulani early next morning to witness desperate run to the ocean for a new clutch of sea turtles.

As death forever chases us, still, life finds a way.

Kalamainu'u Iona, William Wilson, Loario Alvah, Kalanea Alvah

Generation One: Loario Alvah (Vampire) – COMPLETE

Generation Two: Kalanea Alvah (Mermaid)

Miscellaneous:

Notes:
The magic room is taken from Magical Study Room by SatiSim. Sulani Restaraunt is by frodo-synthesiis.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 10/20/22
« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2022, 01:13:18 PM »
Oh dear. Kalandria wasn't around for long, even for an Immortal spouse. I hope the heartache won't last. Kalanea is such a stunning Sim. I'm looking forward to her nooboos with William.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 10/20/22
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2022, 04:51:17 PM »
Yay, Kalanea and William are engaged! He gets a perfect fortunetelling from the Love Guru and immediately acts on it!
(I wish the Romance Festival's Heat of the Moment Proposal had different animation from the regular proposal, hehe)
Like everyone, I'm also looking forward to their nooboo(s).
If you use "Send alone" on Kalanea to give birth at the hospital, you'd know immediately if the newborn is a casterboo (spellcaster bassinet) or merboo (reguar bassinet).
But be sure not to leave any bassinets out while Kalanea's at the hospital if you want to try this. ;p

The Magic Room is to die for! I couldn't get a good look at the Sulani Restaurant, but I'm sure you'll visit the place again.
Awww, too bad about Kalandria. :(

As for Handsome Vlad, could Loraio invite him over and "Discuss expanding the family" for faster results?

Wow, the baby turtle event seemed to happen so soon after fully restoring Mu'a Pelam!  Great job, Alvahs!

anything