Author Topic: Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty 5/8/23 - Chapter 42: Taking the Hint  (Read 32432 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
TOOL - 9/15/22
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2022, 03:41:25 PM »
TOOL

I'd like to take a brief moment to talk about a mod that I'm using called TOOL.

For those of you not familiar with the Straud family lot, here's a picture. The actual lot is taken up almost entirely by the house, with only a small strip of a backyard. The the whole fenced in area with entry driveway and graveyards to the side is not actually part of the lot.

Using TOOL (take objects off lot), however, I can expand my use of the space. The hot tub and chicken coop are placed off my lot with TOOL.

I even used TOOL to place an observatory telescope and my rocket off farther away.

Similarly, I placed Vladislaus's tombstone in with the decorative tombstones surrounding the lot. I'm planning to use the graveyard surrounding the house as my family graveyard, rather than moving them to a separate, off lot graveyard. It'll mean quite a lot of hauntings, if I'm able to keep them all tethered to this plane, so we'll see whether it's fun or just annoying. At any rate, it's rather fitting for the lot to have frequent ghostly visitors, so I'm gonna give it a go!

And there ya go! TOOL by TwistedMaxi.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter Nine: Household Shuffle - 9/18/22
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2022, 02:00:17 PM »
Chapter Nine: Household Shuffle

In their spare time, Loario and Vladislaus work on the space-related collections.

Loario takes to the stars.

While Vlad focuses on moon and star gazing.

They even find an unidentified fruit plant.

Why is Loario wearing a bear suit? Why, to delight his daughter Kalantha while she's going through an adorable bear phase.

She's so happy he joined in!

Kalantha ages up with a cake on her birthday.

Followed swiftly by Kalamainu'u.

Check out Kalantha's teen wardrobe. She's a fashion icon for sure!

She engages in typical teenage pursuits - like coming home sad and working it out through her journal.

Or taking a float with mom, now that her mermaid powers have vested.

Kalanea, meanwhile, progresses smoothly with her skills, in part due to Loario's use of that influence emotion power.

She finishes up with the skilling and gets to cake up early.

What a cutie!

Wendel ages up cakeless on his birthday, and oh *nose*!

He loses his spot in the family household to his older, better looking brother, who gets a makeover. He insists on being called William, rather than Willy, now that he's a young adult.

In other news, the family gets a proper library room for Rebate Day.

Back: Kalamainu'u Iona, Harlow Wilson, William Wilson, Loario Alvah
Front: Vladislaus Straud, Kalantha Alvah, Kalanea Alvah, Nimue Alvah

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes: The new library is pulled from "Small Vampire Study" by Tanya01a.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 9/18/22
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2022, 04:08:12 PM »
The girls are very cute. Poor Wendell. That nose runs in the family, right? Lol. Thumbs up for William

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2022, 04:44:03 PM »
Oh yes, definitely William over Wendell in terms of looks!
But in terms of life state, Wendell introduces the possibility of a gen3 spellcaster. Hmmmm....
Forgive me for being superficial, but could you perhaps have taken Wendell to a mirror to "Change Sim" his nose?

Or, are you allowed to change William's life state to seek a new life state?

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2022, 05:24:54 PM »
The girls are very cute. Poor Wendell. That nose runs in the family, right? Lol. Thumbs up for William

Yup, that nose is all Vlad. What surprises me is that he got it even from the newer, handsome Vlad rather than the original!

Oh yes, definitely William over Wendell in terms of looks!
But in terms of life state, Wendell introduces the possibility of a gen3 spellcaster. Hmmmm....
Forgive me for being superficial, but could you perhaps have taken Wendell to a mirror to "Change Sim" his nose?

Or, are you allowed to change William's life state to seek a new life state?

Change Sim is allowed, but why bother when we already have the beautiful William? He will be getting a change of life state for spellcaster (... probably - I guess I could do a different one), though perhaps not until Kalanea is a bit older. I thought that as a teen he would stop aging so they could go to high school together but, alas.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2022, 05:50:59 PM »
Awww, too bad the Age-Down Treats only work for cats and dogs. :(

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter Ten: #TeamKalanea is Official - 9/20/22
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2022, 05:52:49 PM »
Chapter Ten: #TeamKalanea is Official

Kalanea, our officially designated heir, gets to work on earning those dynasty points.

She joins the scouts.

Here she is with her dad Loario finishing up one of her last badges.

She completes the Artistic Prodigy aspiration.

Completes the Whiz Kid aspiration.

Completes the Social Butterfly aspiration.

And although it's not depicted, the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration.

She also makes good progress on her Character Values.

And becomes good pals with her intended spouse William.

Who is, by the way, working on getting that Good Vampire achievement so he'll be tolerable to live with.

With the help of Loario and his father Vladislaus, he becomes sufficiently skilled up to earn that sunlight immunity. No death by sunlight for our beautious intended spouse!

Now that he can safely go outside, William helps out with those space collections.

So far they've found the Space Rocks collection and are one alien short for the Alien Collection.

Ghost Vlad even puts the moves on him: oo la la! (Can we blame him?)

Kalantha, meanwhile, joins the Cheer Team.

And goes for that Simfluencer career. She's #trending!

As for Harlow, just one day before turning Elder, she suddenly becomes quite sleepy in that steam room.

It's death by overheating in the sauna, which is a little sad, but she had a good long life and it adds four points to the family graveyard.

In closing, it's time for little Kalanea's birthday.

She grows up into a stunning young teenager.

That's Kalamainu'u's face structure and mouth, with Loario's eye shape and nose. While she unfortunately didn't inherit Loario's pointy ears in her human form, she did get them in her mermaid form, which was a pleasant surprise.

Progress:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 9/20/22
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2022, 07:59:38 PM »
Oh, you just lost your spellcaster Harlow.
I wanted to share that the Potion of Plentiful Needs satisfies vampire Thirst. 
Lazy me, I cannot play vampires anymore without a spellcaster in the household. ;p

Kalanea has such exotic features! In my head, I always think of William because he dresses in a not-modern style. ;p
As for your graveyard points, is that a little like Pinstar's Legacy where each cause of death must differ to add points?
(Yes, I could simply go read the rules again, but I'm...lazy.)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2022, 01:45:52 AM »
Wow! Kalanea is gorgeous and I love the buttercup yellow wardrobe  :)
Farewell Harlow - sleeping in the sauna is not a bad way to go

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2022, 02:43:30 PM »
Oh, you just lost your spellcaster Harlow.
I wanted to share that the Potion of Plentiful Needs satisfies vampire Thirst. 
Lazy me, I cannot play vampires anymore without a spellcaster in the household. ;p

Kalanea has such exotic features! In my head, I always think of William because he dresses in a not-modern style. ;p
As for your graveyard points, is that a little like Pinstar's Legacy where each cause of death must differ to add points?
(Yes, I could simply go read the rules again, but I'm...lazy.)

I forget what Pinstar's rules are, but under this challenge you get 1 point for each unique type of gravestone/urn, and 3 points for each unique type of death/ghost. If you can believe it, this is my first time intentionally killing a sim, despite being a fan of the series since Sims 2. Just one more way this challenge is encouraging me to try new things!

I totally didn't know that the Potion of Plentiful needs would work with vampire thirst. I assumed it wouldn't, since I read that vampire thirst can't be slated with the hardly/never hungry reward traits. But we'll probably have a Gen 3 spellcaster, so I'm looking forward to playing with that.

Wow! Kalanea is gorgeous and I love the buttercup yellow wardrobe  :)
Farewell Harlow - sleeping in the sauna is not a bad way to go

I agree: Kalanea is gorgeous! Definitely an heir worthy sim! So glad I tried for a third kiddo.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2022, 07:00:02 PM »
Just got caught up!  Loving this household, though I actually was pulling for Vlad's nose to work its way into the gene pool  ;=)
I thought for sure Kalantha would be the heir, so it was quite a curve ball when the third child came into the picture and took her spot.  You're definitely keeping me on my toes!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2022, 07:27:05 PM »
Haha, I mean to type:
In my head, I always think of William as Wilhelm, because he dresses in a non-modern style.

As for unique death points, I like your scoring better. If I remember correctly, we got only one point for 10 unique deaths.  Lot of work for one point, lol!
Love your idea of offering points for unique gravestones, too!  Does that include every type of pet?
(Your occult dynasty is great incentive for me to finish my NSB sooner rather than later.)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2022, 04:41:46 PM »
Just got caught up!  Loving this household, though I actually was pulling for Vlad's nose to work its way into the gene pool  ;=)
I thought for sure Kalantha would be the heir, so it was quite a curve ball when the third child came into the picture and took her spot.  You're definitely keeping me on my toes!

I like large noses, but this was bit ... *much*. And hey, it's been great seeing you around here - what a blast from the past! I'm glad I tried for that third child, as I almost didn't. Kalanea really is a stunning mix of both parents.

Haha, I mean to type:
In my head, I always think of William as Wilhelm, because he dresses in a non-modern style.

As for unique death points, I like your scoring better. If I remember correctly, we got only one point for 10 unique deaths.  Lot of work for one point, lol!
Love your idea of offering points for unique gravestones, too!  Does that include every type of pet?
(Your occult dynasty is great incentive for me to finish my NSB sooner rather than later.)

It does include every type of pet, yes. I'm loving your NSB story, but I admit I look forward to seeing someone else play this dynasty too.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter Eleven: High School Doze - 9/24/22
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2022, 05:33:27 PM »

Chapter Eleven: High School Doze

Kalanea aged up late enough that she wasn't eligible to go to school Wednesday morning.

Here she is lounging in the bath and showing off her pointy ears from Loario, as well as a general creepy mermaid vibe she got from her mother.

Still, the day off helped her to get a jump on high school activities. She went ahead and prepared a promposal sign (because you never know when you're going to need one).

She also signed up to be a streamer and joined the computer club.

Kalantha, meanwhile, invited a certain someone over after school and tried working her moves.

Moves: successful!

Loario earned enough fame to reach level three, at which point he decided to donate gold toilets to charity to earn the final two ranks.

And William, busy exploring space in the rocket ship, got zapped by lightening in between trips.

A decision was made that William should stay in doors during storms as his genes were invaluable to the future of the dynasty.

On Thursday, the girls headed off to school together.

Although studious, they both insisted on standing.

Despite her mother's help, it was altogether a rather big day for Kalanea.

Who winded up collapsing on the dining room floor.

Kalandria, the first born of the girls, stopped by to chat with Loario.

He was dismayed to find out she was still unemployed, and encouraged her to find her dream job.

He also gave Nimue her second age down treat to keep her young and virile.

And Harlow stopped by to say she misses the family - maybe, um, a little too much?

Friday was exam day.

And afterwards the family set out to enjoy a night on the town with some casual dining and bowling.

Saturday, of course, was prom.

The girl went together dateless (since a certain watcher was caught unprepared).

Chandler Goth was voted prom king, while Wendel took prom jester.

Kalantha and Kalanea still rocked prom, even without dates.

And took home their prize.

Progress:

Notes: "Copperdale Prep Academy" is by Snarkywitch. "Bowling Restaraunt" is by Evitacb. "Auditorium Prom" (as well as the other auditorium variants) is by dumbest_king.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 9/24/22
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2022, 09:14:23 PM »
Must say, I've got a soft spot for Kalantha.  Glad to see that she and the Vald-nosed offspring are spending some time together  ;=)
What on earth were the boys in (insert name here) High School thinking not asking either of those incredible beauties to the dance?!?!?  Must just be that they were all too intimidated  ;=)
And thank heavens that poor William lived through the lightning!!  I'd hate to see Kalanea steal Kalantha's beau as a back-up spouse!
Looking forward to seeing what happens next!

anything