Author Topic: Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty 5/8/23 - Chapter 42: Taking the Hint  (Read 32411 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter Five: The Merboo and the Casterboo - 9/9/22
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2022, 01:58:23 PM »
Chapter Five: The Merboo and the Casterboo

Kalamainu'u gives birth to her second child at the local hospital.

Apparently, she wasn't entirely satisfied with the treatment she received and felt the need to kick over a trashcan on her way out.

Regardless, she still managed to produce a beautiful baby girl - Kalantha - and a mermaid this time! Unfortunately, I forgot to snag a picture of her in CAS, but, as you can see, she inherited her parents' dark hair and some surprising violet eyes.

Here she is playing with mom.

Learning with flash cards.

And even playing in the rose bush in her mother's bedroom. (This one was new to me. I didn't know toddlers could play in plants!)

Harlow Wilson, of course, is also pregnant for the second time.

What joy!

She gives birth to a baby boy - Wendell - a spellcaster.

He ages up to toddler with white hair; no need to change it in CAS this time.

He also gets the pale skin, freckles, and gray eyes like his brother Willy. Let's hope he's just as handsome, too!

Loario obtains the "influence emotion" vampiric power and puts it to good use, making the toddlers playful to help level their imagination skill.

It comes down to the wire for Kalantha. Her age bar is bubbling with anticipation, but she manages to snag her last skill and earn her top notch toddler trait!

That's worth two points under the Optional Point System.

She even makes it to her birthday cake in time to blow out the candles.

In other news, the facade of the house is looking better.

And the house is good enough to earn that Mansion Baron aspiration for Loario: five points. (This is the back of the house.)

Ghost Vladislaus makes an appearance playing his favorite instrument.

Loario hosts a couple of parties. A charity benefit party.

And a spooky party.

Kalamainu'u gets a nice indoor pool for all her mermaid needs. (There was small outdoor pool in the back, but she's still perpetually bugged and gets scared of the dark anytime she goes outdoors.)

She even gets falsely accused of drinking blood!

Loario keeps working on his music career. He also completes the Musical Genius aspiration while he's at it - another five points.

Harlow works on her writing career. She completes the Best Selling Author aspiration.

And even writes a book of life for Loario.

Notes: The Seattle Grace Hospital is created by fernandasimoes.

Progress:

Loario Alvah: Generation One
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 9/9/22
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2022, 02:13:06 PM »
Yay, the next heir has arrived.
Or, at least, I assume that the merboo Kalantha will be your next heir. Congrats, Kalantha, on your Top-Notch Toddlerhood!
Oh, Wendell looks promising! Crossing my fingers that he has Willy's looks, because a caster spouse would be perfect!

Great job, Watcher!
Did Harlow have Wendell at the hospital? If yes, did the hospital send him home in the caster bassinet?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2022, 02:57:14 PM »
Yay for Kalantha, getting that extra skill! I really miss the Tiny House speed skilling for toddlers!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2022, 01:45:13 PM »
Yay, the next heir has arrived.
Or, at least, I assume that the merboo Kalantha will be your next heir. Congrats, Kalantha, on your Top-Notch Toddlerhood!
Oh, Wendell looks promising! Crossing my fingers that he has Willy's looks, because a caster spouse would be perfect!

Great job, Watcher!
Did Harlow have Wendell at the hospital? If yes, did the hospital send him home in the caster bassinet?

You are correct: Kalantha is not necessarily the heir. ;) Harlow did have Wendell at the hospital, but I already have spellcaster bassinets in my house.

Yay for Kalantha, getting that extra skill! I really miss the Tiny House speed skilling for toddlers!

I feel like it always comes down to the wire for getting my sims that Top-Notch Toddler trait. Any tips?? What toddler traits do you like to work with?

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter Six: First Winter - 9/11/22
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2022, 02:35:39 PM »
Chapter Six: First Winter

Fall gradually rolls into winter; aren't the white lights a nice touch?

Kalantha turns into a lovely mer-child. She also picks up the child of the ocean trait.

And gets her very own mer-bedroom.

She sets about straight away to getting those child aspirations.

And of course, Kalantha signs up for scouts: reporting for duty!

The family enjoys the winter holiday.

Little Wendell grows up.

He acquires a dashing wardrobe, and a bit of gap toothed grin to boot. Yes, that's the kleptomaniac trait; the little scamp!

Now that he's old enough to become a playmate, Wendell and Kalantha quickly become BFFs.

Loario and Kalamainu'u, meanwhile, go on a very special date.

Loario proposes!

She accepts!

Kalaminau'u however, immediately feels the need to remind Loario that she's a noncommital sim.

It's a little awkward, and she gets a tense moodlet, but then she turns around on offers him a rose. Guess she just needed to talk it out.

Loario is delighted to share the news back at home: he's getting maaaaarrieed! Of course, handsome Vlad is delighted to be a sim of honor.

In closing, the family rings in the new year.

Next Up: Yes It's Wedding Bells! (Finally).

Kalantha's bedroom is a redo of clt1609's Siren's Kiss.

Progress:

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 9/11/22
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2022, 03:36:17 PM »
Kalantha's bedroom is amazing. Thanks for signposting the source.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2022, 12:54:42 AM »
If, as you wrote, Kalantha isn't necessarily the heir, does that Loario/Kala will try for another female merboo?
Looking forward to their wedding!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2022, 08:41:51 PM »
Kalantha's bedroom is amazing. Thanks for signposting the source.

It really is lovely - especially the artwork!

If, as you wrote, Kalantha isn't necessarily the heir, does that Loario/Kala will try for another female merboo?
Looking forward to their wedding!

You know it! :D

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter Seven: Yes It's Wedding Bells! (Finally) - 9/12/22
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2022, 09:17:14 PM »
Chapter Seven: Yes It's Wedding Bells! (Finally)

Loario prepares for the big day by creating a wedding cake and ordering a bouquet: yes, those black roses will do nicely!

Kalamainu'u, however, suddenly becomes very angry due to unfulfilled wants (whoops!) - which can't be easily resolved.

It's no problem, though. Loario swoops in and saves the day with his handy beguiling bow, putting her in a very flirty mood.

And they're off!

Both our ring bearer and flower pal trip on their way up the aisle. Come on, Emilia, get out of the way!

Handsome Vlad gets teary eyed - and for some reason doesn't change out of his work outfit.

And Harlow, well, she's very tired after work and decides to find the honeymoon suite.

As for the couple themselves, they're both looking very dashing and a bit shy.

They share vows and an exchange of rings.

Then the dip and kiss!

The reception is typical. The newly weds cut the cake together - even though Loario can't eat it.

First dance.

And the bouquet toss. Kalandria is delighted; let's hope it bring her luck and marraige!

Then there's the unexpected: Willy decides to feed. Payback for Emilia's aisle shenanigans, perhaps?

When even the bride is tuckered out, it's time to end the event.

And that, dear friends, is how Loario Alvah becomes the first immortal! (My Wedding Stories events are deemed "gold" upon completing five goals).

Loario, Harlow, Wendell holding the cat Nimue, Kalamainu'u, Vladislaus, Kalantha

Loario Alvah: Generation One
1 Career: Entertainer - Musician 10/10 (5 points).
2 Aspirations: Good Vampire, Master Vampire. Also Nerd Brain, Musical Genius, Mansion Baron, Friend of the World (30 points).
3 Skills: Vampire Lore, Piano, Violin. Also Charisma, Cooking, Dancing, Fitness, Gardening, Gourmet Cooking, Handiness, Logic, Mixology, Painting, Parenting, Rocket Science (43 points).
4 Reward Traits: Speed Reader, Frugal, Night Owl, Free Services. Also Observant, Speed Cleaner, Mentor, Morning Sim, Marketable, Creative Visionary, Entrepreneurial, Incredibly Friendly, Beguiling, Savant, Super Green Thumb (15 points).
5 Parties: Black and White Party, Charity Benefit Party, Spooky Party, Date, Wedding.
6 Good Friends: Kalamainu'u Iona, Vladislaus Straud, Harlow Wilson, Emilia Earnest, Lilith Vatore, Caleb Vatore.
7 Whims: Listen to Classical Music, Play the Violin, Read a Toddler Book to Kalandria, Listen to Any Radio Station, Have a Child, Be Friendly with Vladislaus, Ask Kalamainu'u About Her Day.
8 Museum Items: Feathers

Notes: Loario and Kalamainu'u got married at "Supernatural Weddings" by luckyheather. Gorgeous work: 10/10!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 9/12/22
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2022, 02:31:35 AM »
Kalamainu'u was stunning in her dress plus the roses in her hair. Congrats to Loario on being the first immortal in your dynasty. (Blows horn and throws confetti)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2022, 05:30:57 PM »
The wedding couple look stunning in their black and red apparel.
Did you recolor/renovate the indoor wedding room in La Coppia Serena? Or did you place a different wedding venue lot?
Whichever, you did a fantastic job of redecorating it!

Congrats to Loario and his Watcher on the first Immortal!
(Nimue, you sneaky creature! You collected all the feathers while we were otherwise distracted!)
And I see Kala is already eating for two?

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2022, 02:29:40 PM »
Kalamainu'u was stunning in her dress plus the roses in her hair. Congrats to Loario on being the first immortal in your dynasty. (Blows horn and throws confetti)

Thank you!

The wedding couple look stunning in their black and red apparel.
Did you recolor/renovate the indoor wedding room in La Coppia Serena? Or did you place a different wedding venue lot?
Whichever, you did a fantastic job of redecorating it!

Congrats to Loario and his Watcher on the first Immortal!
(Nimue, you sneaky creature! You collected all the feathers while we were otherwise distracted!)
And I see Kala is already eating for two?

Loario and Kalamainu'u got married at "Supernatural Weddings" by luckyheather. I made 0 changes to it. Really a great venue! I still want to get more feathers to complete the collection - I think I took a screenshot of what I have so far to post in the next update. And yes, she's eating for two: good eye!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter Eight: Kalanea - 9/15/22
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2022, 03:14:26 PM »
Chapter Eight: Kalanea

As soon as they return home from the wedding, Loario pops another want to Have a Child. A certain watcher is all to eager to oblige.

Kalamainu'u takes a pregnancy test and shares the good news. They're delighted!

Kalantha, meanwhile, is working on her achievements and scouting. She strides off to school with Wendel looking confident.

A little take picture together spam.

And they're officially BFFs!

She earns socially gifted.

Physically gifted.

And finishes up mentally gifted, the final remaining aspiration.

A little exercise and she finishes up scouts to boot.

Kalamainu'u gives birth to a third and final girl: a mermaid named Kalanea.

She ages up to toddler with a surprising pair of green eyes.

Which means it's time for some toooddler spaaaam!

In other news, handsome Vlad develops a fear of ghosts when he catches ghost Vlad haunting the pipe organ.

In order to overcome his fear, handsome Vlad must defeat a ghost in combat.

Victory!

Loario and Nimue continue to work on the feather collection. Still missing a few.

Loario's old pal the Flower Bunny stops by, and Kalantha finds eight unique eggs.

All the adults have had their portraits taken.

And the family gets an actual, decorated living room.

Progress:

Back: Harlow Wilson, Kalamainu'u Iona, Loario Alvah, Vladislaus Straud
Front: Kalantha Alvah, Wendell Wilson, Kalanea Alvah, Nimue Alvah

Notes: The living room is taken from Vintage Vampire Living by equuest.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2022, 03:23:59 PM »
Oh, I was wondering why Loario/Kala were trying for a third child.
Then, we meet kalanea and she is breathtaking! Loario's complexion, Kala's mermaid gene, and those surprising emerald eyes.
Fantastic work, Watcher!  #TeamKalanea

It's obvious that you are really enjoying the freedom of your Occult Immortal Dynasty!
You've been playing and updating a lot recently.  Lucky for us readers!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2022, 03:40:31 PM »
Oh, I was wondering why Loario/Kala were trying for a third child.
Then, we meet kalanea and she is breathtaking! Loario's complexion, Kala's mermaid gene, and those surprising emerald eyes.
Fantastic work, Watcher!  #TeamKalanea

It's obvious that you are really enjoying the freedom of your Occult Immortal Dynasty!
You've been playing and updating a lot recently.  Lucky for us readers!

I was totally hoping for a child with Loario's skin tone - and to get such lovely green eyes to boot! I'm also #TeamKalanea. I'm really loving this game so far, for sure. I'm also trying to keep my writing concurrent with my playing (as opposed to a generation behind) so that I'm able to share more details and post progress updates - something very much inspired by yourself and Granny Lawlor.