Author Topic: Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty 5/8/23 - Chapter 42: Taking the Hint  (Read 32387 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty

Generation One: Loario Alvah (Vampire) - COMPLETE

Traits: Family Oriented, Cat Lover, Music Lover
Bonus Trait: Quick Learner

1 Career: Entertainer - Musician 10/10
2 Aspirations: Good Vampire, Master Vampire
3 Skills: Vampire Lore, Piano, Violin
4 Reward Traits: Speed Reader, Frugal, Night Owl, Free Services
5 Parties: Black and White Party, Charity Benefit Party, Spooky Party, Date, Wedding.
6 Good Friends: Kalamainu'u Iona, Vladislaus Straud, Harlow Wilson, Emilia Earnest, Lilith Vatore, Caleb Vatore.
7 Whims: Listen to Classical Music, Play the Violin, Read a Toddler Book to Kalandria, Listen to Any Radio Station, Have a Child, Be Friendly with Vladislaus, Ask Kalamainu'u About Her Day.
8 Museum Items: Feathers

Generation Two: Kalanea Alvah (Mermaid) - COMPLETE

Traits: Child of the Ocean, Loves the Outdoors, Loyal
Bonus Trait: Collector

1 Career: Conservationist - Marine Biologist 10/10
2 Aspirations: Archaeology Scholar, Jungle Explorer
3 Skills: Archaeology, Logic, Fitness
5 Gold Metals: Date, House Party, Black and White Bash, Incognito Costume Party, Keg Party
6 Good Friends: Chandler Goth, Wendel Wilson, Kalantha Avlah, Bradley Sigworth, Brian Lantz, Berjes Markovic
7 Whims: Express Devotion to a Beloved Sim, Enthuse About the Outdoors, Be Friendly With Loario, Be Mischievous to Chandler, Be Friendly with Chandler, Go on Vacation to Granite Falls, Harvest a Plant, Collect a New Frog
8 Museum Items: Decorative Eggs

Generation Three: Morgaine Alvah (Spellcaster) - COMPLETE

Traits: Over Achiever, Evil, Non-Committal
Bonus Trait: Dastardly

1 Career: Paranormal Investigator: Beginner 5/5; Adept 5/5; Expert 5/5.
2 Aspirations: Spellcraft and Sorcery, Purveyor of Potions.
3 Skills: Mischief, Programming, Video Gaming.
4 Reward Traits: Paranormal Investigator License, Brave, Beguiling, Storm Chaser.
5 Gold Metals: Date, Dinner Party, Incognito Costume Party, Black and White Bash, Wedding.
6 Good Friends: Ileana Saber, Aniket Kaur, Velar Xalvadora, Ice “Gerom” Hizolo, Apex Kalach, Puleun Oegyien.
7 Whims: Do Something Romantic, Schedule a Date, Start a New Relationship, Ponder World Domination, Skill Up, Cloudgaze with Apex Kolach, Embrace Velar.
8 Museum Items: Potions.

Generation Four: Rhevinia "Rhevi" Alvah (Alien) - IN PROGRESS

Traits: Erratic, Party Animal
Bonus Trait: Animal Affection

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Rules
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2022, 11:24:39 AM »

The rules for this challenge can be found at https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=32666.0.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - 8/30/22
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 12:02:20 PM »
What a fantastic challenge, Rhoxi! I'm almost halfway through my Not So Berry Challenge at the moment, but I'm hoping to give this one a go next!
The immortal requirements for each life state look fun.
I especially love the early age-ups and the option to move out spares at any time. :D

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2022, 04:56:28 PM »
What a fantastic challenge, Rhoxi! I'm almost halfway through my Not So Berry Challenge at the moment, but I'm hoping to give this one a go next!
The immortal requirements for each life state look fun.
I especially love the early age-ups and the option to move out spares at any time. :D

Thank you! I would *love* for you to try out the challenge yourself. And yeah, this challenge is definitely intended to be more flexible and easier than the Immortal Dynasty. Obviously, the extra life spans and immunities of the Occult States ease the difficulty level, while things like cakes, move outs, ability to use player-made creations from the Gallery, etc. are designed to increase fun and flexibility. Also just updated the rules so the Heir can be non-firstborn as well. If you have any suggestions let me know!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2022, 05:26:41 PM »
Thank you! I would *love* for you to try out the challenge yourself. And yeah, this challenge is definitely intended to be more flexible and easier than the Immortal Dynasty. Obviously, the extra life spans and immunities of the Occult States ease the difficulty level, while things like cakes, move outs, ability to use player-made creations from the Gallery, etc. are designed to increase fun and flexibility. Also just updated the rules so the Heir can be non-firstborn as well. If you have any suggestions let me know!

I do appreciate the little things you've added to increase the challenge's flexibility. And, of course, I really love playing occults, though I wish merfolk had more "oomph", lol.

Sadly, by the time I finish my NSB (I'm only 40% done at the moment), your Alvah Dynasty will no doubt be finished.
But I'm looking forward to playing your dynasty. Haha, I've already considered replacing the werewolf generation with an pregnant-by-abduction alienboo, since I don't have the Werewolves pack.

Looking forward to your gameplay of your new challenge!  Will you be completing your Dojo Dynasty first?

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2022, 05:54:10 PM »

I do appreciate the little things you've added to increase the challenge's flexibility. And, of course, I really love playing occults, though I wish merfolk had more "oomph", lol.

Sadly, by the time I finish my NSB (I'm only 40% done at the moment), your Alvah Dynasty will no doubt be finished.
But I'm looking forward to playing your dynasty. Haha, I've already considered replacing the werewolf generation with an pregnant-by-abduction alienboo, since I don't have the Werewolves pack.

Looking forward to your gameplay of your new challenge?  Will you be completing your Dojo Dynasty first?

Ah-ha, I wouldn't count on that! I can take quite a while to get through a dynasty challenge. You just might beat me to it! I've been bouncing back and forth between the challenges. The completionist in me wants to finish up with the Dojos, but I'm finding certain Immortal Dynasty rules are starting to chafe - like only using EA created lots when there are just so many pretty ones on the Gallery! I'm also struggling with frequently dropped queues (or always, on using certain major staircases) and some lag. 

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter One: A Spooky Start - 8/31/22
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2022, 05:54:28 PM »
Chapter One: A Spooky Start

We start with founder Loario Alvah: Family Oriented, Music Lover, and Cat lover.

So, obviously he starts with a cat, Nimue.

They begin their journey in a small vampire starter located in Forgotten Hollow.

Oh, and did I mention it's just a little bit haunted?

Guidry, the helpful ghostly guide to haunted house living, seems eager to please.

Maybe ... too eager.

Loario gets busy with the basics. A little Vampire Lore, to get moving on those Vampire aspirations.

Some Violin, for his music career.

And a few friends never hurt either.

He gets to know fellow vampires Caleb Vatore and Vladislaus Straud.

And befriends the Easter Bunny for a snack. Now, this brings up some questions right here: is Loario biting down right through a costume into an arm vein or ... is this the Easter Bunny's actual form?

Loario also seeks out a more suitable partner (sorry Guidry!) and finds his targeted mate, mermaid Kalamainu'u Iona, at the gym.

They go out for a dinner date.

And even move in together!

Notes: Unfortunately, My Library downloads have been deleted from the Gallery, apparently with the most recent patch. While the cat, "Nimue", is created by SnarkyWitch, I cannot find the "Vampire Starter Tiny Home" to give credit where credit is due.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 8/31/22
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2022, 06:37:07 PM »
What a great choice of Loario's first home!  And making it haunted for extra fun, haha.
Sighs, such a shame that Guidry is reproductively unavailable.
Oh, that mermaid! I see what you're thinking, starting with the two most long-lived occults! :D
Boy, does Loario move fast!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2022, 03:25:15 AM »
That mermaid is always at the gym. You'd think she'd have more muscles on her! Looking forward seeing how her genes meld with Loarios.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2022, 07:00:40 AM »
Wow, I never knew vampires could feed from the Flower Bunny. You'd think they'd be allergic to the plasma or something. Great start!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2022, 11:23:09 AM »
What a great choice of Loario's first home!  And making it haunted for extra fun, haha.
Sighs, such a shame that Guidry is reproductively unavailable.
Oh, that mermaid! I see what you're thinking, starting with the two most long-lived occults! :D
Boy, does Loario move fast!

Well, to be honest, it was less a matter of strategy and more that I think Kalameanu'u is such an interesting looking sim. Have you seen her mermaid form? It's downright creepy, and I love it!

That mermaid is always at the gym. You'd think she'd have more muscles on her! Looking forward seeing how her genes meld with Loarios.

I'm curious about that as well. Their firstborn (a vampire) is ... interesting looking. We'll all see soon enough!

Wow, I never knew vampires could feed from the Flower Bunny. You'd think they'd be allergic to the plasma or something. Great start!

I know, right? It totally cracked me up! :D

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter Two: Vladislaus Straud - 9/2/22
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2022, 12:03:12 PM »
Chapter Two: Vladislaus Straud IV

With Kalamainu'u joining the household, it was time for a change. I mean, she could hardly be expected to live in a house with no kitchen!

Here she is after a quick makeover, and look at those traits! Mean, noncommital, and loner. Yup, Loario sure knows how to pick 'em!

Accordingly, Loario and Kala decided to join forces with Vladislaus Straud -- and tear down his mansion to build something new.

The outside is still pretty bare, and the inside only has a few rooms, but it's a great start.

Kitchen:

Dining Room:

Yoga and Spa Room:

There's also a bedroom for Kala, a crypt room for the vampires, and a sparse living room. I'm sure there will be more pics of all that later.

Between Kala's mean trait and Vlad's evil trait (and constant hissing), things got off to a bit of a rough start.

Kala took up a career in painting, but it didn't last long.

Between her non-commital trait and developing an incurable fear of the dark (known bug) any time she stepped out of doors, even in the daytime, it was decided she could stay at home and paint indoors.

Loario and Vlad, meanwhile, work on their fishing skill. Gotta make those plasma packs and earn that Good Vampire aspiration!

Loario also works on the Nerd Brain Apsiration. While it won't count as one of his Immortal Requirements, the insta-upgrade ability is worth getting early.

Plus, it will count for an additional five points on the final score under the Optional Point System.

Aspiration complete!

Obviously, Vlad needed a partner too - you know we gotta throw some of those genes into the mix! After looking around at the spellcasters in game and not finding anyone quite right, Harlow Wilson was added to the household from the Gallery.

She and Vlad promptly hit it off.

Unfortunately, the almost eternal life of Vladislaus Straud IV came to a most untimely end.

A little slip in the attention span caused Vlad to stay out just a bit too late fishing, and he burned right up!

Well, so much for that.

Note: I also can't give credit to the maker of Harlow Wilson - a superb looking sim with great style - as I was unable to re-find her on the Gallery. Sadness.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 9/2/22
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2022, 03:06:05 PM »
Kala looks great after her makeover!  Is that a baby bump I see?
Oh no, Vlad dying outdoors in his zebra-print speedo!  (Kala is surely relieved, haha)
Good thing Loario and Kala moved in with him first!
Is it too much to hope that the gorgeous Harlow is already eating for two? (She really is a gorgeous sim!)

Such a dramatic start!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 9/2/22
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2022, 11:55:31 AM »
Kala looks great after her makeover!  Is that a baby bump I see?
Oh no, Vlad dying outdoors in his zebra-print speedo!  (Kala is surely relieved, haha)
Good thing Loario and Kala moved in with him first!
Is it too much to hope that the gorgeous Harlow is already eating for two? (She really is a gorgeous sim!)

Such a dramatic start!

Strangely, that is *not* a baby bump. Kala, while skinny, kinda pokes out her stomach like that. Just her body shape. The zebra print speedo is such a hoot! Who would've thought Vlad had it in him?! And the gorgeous Harlow will indeed soon be eating for two.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter Three: Handsome Vlad - 9/5/22
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2022, 02:35:15 PM »
Chapter Three: Handsome Vlad

After the unfortunate death of Vladislaus Straud IV, a new, handsomer Vladislaus Straud (the V?) joined the household.

First, of course, he had to mourn his predecessor.

Who continues to visit regularly.

Our newer, handsome Vlad quickly consumed a drought of reconfiguration. Finally, no more hissing and destroying his relationship with non-vampires Kala and Harlow!

Accordingly, he and Harlow hit it off.

Halloween - every vampire's favorite holiday - rolled around, and there was much celebrating.

With libations.

And trick or treating (emphasis on the trick).

And of course, some good, spooky fun.

Success! Our ladies are eating for two!

Harlow gives birth to a beautiful baby boy.

While Kalamainu'u gives birth to a girl.

But do we have an heir?

The new "Count Vladislaus Straud IV" is created by dontblink21 and can be found on the Gallery. I liked this makeover of Vlad because it stayed fairly true to the original, while softening some of the harsher features.

anything