Author Topic: Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty 5/8/23 - Chapter 42: Taking the Hint  (Read 32357 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 3/26/23
« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2023, 07:25:01 AM »
Loved the image of Morrigan Morgaine being beamed up while yelling about it just being a spat!  Such a nice little narrative element for you with the alien abductions happening all the time now that the alien bride is in the household  :=)
I'm looking forward to getting to know little Rhevi and see where she'll take the family in the next generation  :=)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #166 on: March 27, 2023, 02:13:38 PM »
Granny L, I wonder if Rhoxi is experimenting with the Pre-Teen mod. :)

Regarding the next heir, may we assume that in your household portrait, Rhevi is the black-haired, lime-skinned toddler?

How fortunate for you that Morgaine and Arleth ended up with Amazing Compatiblilty!
(Didn't you choose Arleth before installing the Growing Together pack?)
And how ironic that it's Morgaine, not Arleth, who fears being cheated on!
You mentioned that Morgaine's being spammed with that Fear---must be terribly annoying!

Also that changed appearance due to loosing teeth is extremely horrific!!!
Hope that's fixed soon! (Like Granny, I don't have the pack yet since I'm not simming these days.)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #167 on: March 27, 2023, 07:58:13 PM »
Is Castor the teen shorter than adult? Is that a new thing? I haven't had aging kids since the update and I haven't got Growing Together yet.
I think I've had more alien abductions when my sims have intimate relationships with aliens. It's nice that they are so protective ☺️

Castor just looks short because he's in the front row. Aliens for the win!

Loved the image of Morrigan Morgaine being beamed up while yelling about it just being a spat!  Such a nice little narrative element for you with the alien abductions happening all the time now that the alien bride is in the household  :=)
I'm looking forward to getting to know little Rhevi and see where she'll take the family in the next generation  :=)

I have a feeling I'm going to love Rhevi a lot. As the alien generation, her goal is to get to space either via rocket ship or the science career portal. She'll be doing science.

Granny L, I wonder if Rhoxi is experimenting with the Pre-Teen mod. :)

Regarding the next heir, may we assume that in your household portrait, Rhevi is the black-haired, lime-skinned toddler?

How fortunate for you that Morgaine and Arleth ended up with Amazing Compatiblilty!
(Didn't you choose Arleth before installing the Growing Together pack?)
And how ironic that it's Morgaine, not Arleth, who fears being cheated on!
You mentioned that Morgaine's being spammed with that Fear---must be terribly annoying!

Also that changed appearance due to loosing teeth is extremely horrific!!!
Hope that's fixed soon! (Like Granny, I don't have the pack yet since I'm not simming these days.)

Naw, Castor just looks short because he's in the front row. It did throw me off a bit, though. Yes, Rhevi is the alien girl, though her sister grows up to be very beautiful as well. Arleth and Morgaine got together before Growing Together. However, you don't get any compatibility with anyone until you choose to set the new likes/dislikes. So, it's kinda up to the player to engineer that. Fortunately, the loosing a tooth stuff has been disabled to prevent the bug, so it's safe to play children again.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter 30: - Updated 3/30/23
« Reply #168 on: March 30, 2023, 05:15:31 PM »
Chapter 30: Bracelet Buddies

Twins Rhalden (spellcaster) and Rhevi (alien) are inseparable from the beginning.

They enjoy the typical delights of being a toddler,

Before aging up on their joint birthday.

Kalantha briefly moves back in with the Alvahs so that the family can choose to establish some family dynamics using the keepsake box.

Rhalden and Rhevi, of course, form a close dynamic . . .

And exchange friendship bracelets to seal the deal.

Rhevi: "Bracelet buddies, hiyah!"

Not all the relationships, however, are so easy.

Morgaine develops strict dynamics with her children

And difficult ones with Loario and Kalanea. (Gee, why could that be?)

The girls do most everything together, from riding bicycles,

Playing space cadets in the tree house,

Rhevi: "ScIeNcE!"

And enjoying the splash pads in the warmer weather of San Sequoia.

Indeed, it's a busy, bustling family life,

Full of festivities

And merriment,

Get-togethers

And sleepovers. It's enough to help a young heir complete all four new child aspirations!

In fact, it's so busy that the Alvah's finally hire their own personal butler, Advik Nair.

They even begin construction on several new rooms, including Rhevi's bedroom, equipped with a sleep pod,

A tech lab,

And a swanky new lounge.

Morgaine: "All this is for you, sweetpea!"

Back: Kalanea, Arleth, Loario, Morgaine
Front: Castor, Jax, Rhevinia, Rhalden

Generation One: Loario Alvah (Vampire) – COMPLETE
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Generation Two: Kalanea Alvah (Mermaid) - COMPLETE

Generation Three: Morgaine Alvah (Spellcaster) - COMPLETE

Generation Four - Rhevinia Alvah (Alien) - IN PROGRESS
Traits: Erratic

Point System:

Room Credit: Credit for the science lab goes to The Researcher Basement by JazzSimbaSulSul, although I am expanding the room to make it bigger

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 3/30/23
« Reply #169 on: March 31, 2023, 02:42:56 AM »
I love all your new rooms for Rhevi. I hope Rhalden isn't jealous.
I've not completed a dynasty challenge that has to stay on one lot. I always end up with a rambling house and lots of redundant rooms. Did you plan the layout of yours right from the start?
Nice to see Kalanatha back if only briefly.
How surprising that Morgaine has such bad relationships, lol! Can they change over time?

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #170 on: March 31, 2023, 07:49:53 AM »
Kalantha came back!!!
It's so sweet how inseparable Rhevi and Rhalden are!
Some excellent work on the house updates!  Rhevi is set up for all sorts of success in her leg of the journey  :=)
Looking forward to what's next for the family!

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #171 on: March 31, 2023, 11:16:37 AM »
The girls are growing up into such attractive creatures!
The various new rooms for Rhevi look fantastic!
I was shocked to see the household playing MahJong-esque.  Is that a new option on the game table?

Haha, Morgaine had not struck me as a Strict parent.  Who knew?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #172 on: March 31, 2023, 01:50:38 PM »
I love all your new rooms for Rhevi. I hope Rhalden isn't jealous.
I've not completed a dynasty challenge that has to stay on one lot. I always end up with a rambling house and lots of redundant rooms. Did you plan the layout of yours right from the start?
Nice to see Kalanatha back if only briefly.
How surprising that Morgaine has such bad relationships, lol! Can they change over time?

I built the main structure all at once at the beginning, but the interior layout I'm creating over time as need/inspiration strikes. Maybe it's time for an updated house tour!

I'm playing around with the new Growing Together "Family Dynamics." Although Morgaine has max relationships with both Loario and Kalanea, the family dynamics (strict, close, difficult, etc) are suppose to create variety. I intentionally set Morgaine's dynamics with Loario and Kalanea as difficult, because it fits with my imagination. Loario is a family oriented sim, while Kalanea is all about loving nature and loyalty - sims that probably wouldn't care much for an evil sim. Similarly, since Morgaine is both evil and an overachiever, I set her relationships with her kids to strict, as she would have excessively high expectations of her kids. I have yet to observe how these settings seriously effect their actual relationships though, except that the kiddos sometimes get a tense moodlet after talking to her. Family dynamics can also change over time, either by suggested pop ups, or using the keepsake box with an elder in the household.

Kalantha came back!!!
It's so sweet how inseparable Rhevi and Rhalden are!
Some excellent work on the house updates!  Rhevi is set up for all sorts of success in her leg of the journey  :=)
Looking forward to what's next for the family!

It was nice to have Kalantha back, and the good thing is, as a mermaid, she can't die of old age. So maybe she'll be back again! As for the rooms, thank you! The lounge is done and I'm pleased with it, but the science room still needs some work.

The girls are growing up into such attractive creatures!
The various new rooms for Rhevi look fantastic!
I was shocked to see the household playing MahJong-esque.  Is that a new option on the game table?

Haha, Morgaine had not struck me as a Strict parent.  Who knew?

Both girls are crazy gorgeous. Had I not been so eager for the alien scientist generation, Rhalden would have been a more serious contender for heir. She's definitely a sim that needs to get saved to the bin and perhaps found her own challenge. The new option there on the game table is called Scribble, or something? Like Scrabble. Simbles.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter 32 - Updated 4/06/23
« Reply #173 on: April 06, 2023, 07:02:49 PM »
Chapter 32: Teenage Dreams

Jax ages up to teenager.

Only a few days later, twins Rhevinia and Rhalden also celebrate their teenage birthdays.

Here's Rhalden, with some excellent looking features. Truly stunning!

And a more detailed profile for our heir, Rhevi.

This is a typical scene as the kiddos get ready for school in the morning.

Just wanted to remind you that, yes, the family graveyard is just next door, and yes, the ghostly visitors are regulars around the house. No one seems bothered about it. Yep, just a totally normal morning in a totally normal house!

Unlike prior generations, Rhevi and Rhalden attend the local public school.

Rhevi sets about pranking the place.

And quickly lands in detention. But that's alright. What's the point in being a teenager if you can't get up to a little mischievous fun?

The more reliable Rhalden, however, minds her own business, and even enjoys a pleasant lunch chat with football player Jaydeep Kapoor.

She's delighted to find he sits in the seat behind her during the afternoon class.

Do we sense a potential romance, perhaps?

After school, Rhevi ventures out to meet the neighborhood teens who attend other schools.

She quickly establishes a dance club (chicks only, please!) and leads the gang to the Happy Gnome Nightclub for some much needed fun.

This is a sim who needs to paaartaaaay!

Next things next, Rhevi scrambles to try to find a prom date and invites over teen Emma Herrara.

Rhevi falls hook, line, and sinker almost immediately.

Emma, however, seems strangely more interested in Rhevi's brother Jax.

Will Rhevi's prom be a bust, or is Emma's interest in Jax merely platonic?

Back: Kalanea, Arleth, Loario, Morgaine
Front: Casper, Jax, Rhevinia, Rhalden

Generation One: Loario Alvah (Vampire) – COMPLETE

Generation Two: Kalanea Alvah (Mermaid) - COMPLETE

Generation Three: Morgaine Alvah (Spellcaster) - COMPLETE

Generation Four - Rhevinia Alvah (Alien) - IN PROGRESS

Traits: Erratic, Party Animal
Bonus Trait: Animal Affection

Point System:

Notes: Copperdale High School is by simlicy. I also added 14 teenage sims from the gallery, including 8 sims from "High School Years Townies" by Sakuraleon.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 4/06/23
« Reply #174 on: April 06, 2023, 08:37:12 PM »
Ohhh, Jax looks nothing like his mothers--I believe you mentioned the tooth fairy was to blame for that?
Well, Jaydeep is a hunk-and-a-half!  And Emma Herrara is also a stunner.
Weird how Emma keeps trying to get closer to Jax, though.  Is it due to their default compatibility or something?

Also, I adore your kitchen!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #175 on: April 07, 2023, 02:21:39 AM »
Fingers crossed for Rhevi's prom date. She's a good looking alien but then Jax is attractive too, even with the tooth bug.
With Rhevi's bonus trair of Animal Affection, I'm seeing pets or livestock in her future. That'll be fun  :)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #176 on: April 07, 2023, 06:49:39 AM »
The kids just casually getting ready to head off for school in the kitchen was just so cute and sweet and pure...and one of those things that never happens in my "rally the troops" households  ;=)
Wow, Emma is causing some serious drama for our dynasty fam!  Can't wait to see how this resolves itself!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #177 on: April 07, 2023, 12:46:39 PM »
Ohhh, Jax looks nothing like his mothers--I believe you mentioned the tooth fairy was to blame for that?
Well, Jaydeep is a hunk-and-a-half!  And Emma Herrara is also a stunner.
Weird how Emma keeps trying to get closer to Jax, though.  Is it due to their default compatibility or something?

Also, I adore your kitchen!

Yeah, both Castor and Jax got hit with the tooth bug. Their compatibility is neutral, so I guess it's just the randomness of the High School Years expansion pack. And thank you! I'm quite fond of my kitchen as well. One of my favorite rooms in the house.

Fingers crossed for Rhevi's prom date. She's a good looking alien but then Jax is attractive too, even with the tooth bug.
With Rhevi's bonus trair of Animal Affection, I'm seeing pets or livestock in her future. That'll be fun  :)

Honestly, both of the boys look fine in my opinion despite the tooth bug. And yes, good eye on the Animal Affection trait. ;)

The kids just casually getting ready to head off for school in the kitchen was just so cute and sweet and pure...and one of those things that never happens in my "rally the troops" households  ;=)
Wow, Emma is causing some serious drama for our dynasty fam!  Can't wait to see how this resolves itself!

I've actually never used the rally the troops interaction. Well, maybe once? I kinda like letting my sims do normal things like sleep, eat, shower, etc. most of the time. I do believe the drama is only just getting started. ;D

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter 33: House Floor Plan - Updated 4/07/23
« Reply #178 on: April 07, 2023, 01:06:15 PM »

Chapter 33: House Floor Plan

Hey guys! I've showed off most of the rooms of the house individually, but it occurs to me that I've never shown the floor plan. So, here's a quick look at the layout of the house.

Basement:

To the left is the science lab (still a work in progress) with Rhevi's room. The center area is dominated by a pool room equipped with hot spring, showers/changing area, loungers, meditation stools, and yoga mats. To the right is a gym, a massage room, and an unfurnished area with some of the eco objects, to be finished later.

Ground Floor

To the left we have a living room with a tv, fireplace, and pipe organ. Then a formal dining room. Then the kitchen. The center area is the foyer, with halls and display cases on either side, and in the back is a formal party area with dance floor, mixology bar, and piano. To the right is the library and computer room. Then a kids room. Then a miscellaneous room that has a game table, to be completed later.

Second Floor

The left is empty right now, but will consist of a bathroom and three immortal bedrooms. The center area is the balcony/hall overlooking the ground floor, with a greenhouse room leading out onto a back raised porch. To the right is Morgaine's spellcaster room. Then the nursery/toddler room. Then Kalanea's mermaid bedroom. Loario doesn't have a bedroom because he never sleeps.

Third Floor

Here's the newly built lounge area, with a photography/painting studio to the left, and a hot tub room to the right.

Attic

Voodoo and magic rooms to the right.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 4/07/23
« Reply #179 on: April 09, 2023, 10:45:43 AM »
I love house tours!
Thanks soooo much for sharing your gorgeous house!  It's such a majestically fabulous and eerily magical abode!
Haha, I wouldn't have minded an even more detailed look at the different areas of the house!

In the attic, what are those vertical objects at the left-center?  One of them seems to contain something but I can't tell what it is....