Author Topic: Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty 5/8/23 - Chapter 42: Taking the Hint  (Read 32350 times)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 3/2/23
« Reply #120 on: March 03, 2023, 10:11:11 AM »
That shot of Leighton moving in on Dimitri made me literally LOL!
Morgaine is gorgeous, of course.  Why am I reminded of Morgan from the Dragon Age game (which I loved!)?

Haha, my sims never join the Football Club.  I tried it only once but my sim took six hours to complete one day of "daily practice."
I'm sure I was doing it wrong (well, I discovered that when two siblings practice together, that doesn't count for either of them, for some freaking reason).
How wonderful for Leila to find true love so quickly! Haha, Leighton's a tryhard but I'm glad he finally got his man.

We're so happy that the Alvahs are back!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2023, 01:38:57 PM »
Yes!  Leila is absolutely the rightful queen!!  And she deserved every syllable of that self-confident acceptance speech  :=)
It was fun seeing Morgaine in her evil element, and I'm glad things did work out in the end for Leighton even though I'm still salty that he tried to flirt with Leila's beau  ;=)
Another lovely update!

To be fair, it's a certain Watcher's fault that Leighton hit on Leila's crush. I was away for so long I forgot she was pursuing Dimitri, and I was looking for a prom date for Leighton first, knowing Leila had a romance with *someone*.

That shot of Leighton moving in on Dimitri made me literally LOL!
Morgaine is gorgeous, of course.  Why am I reminded of Morgan from the Dragon Age game (which I loved!)?

Haha, my sims never join the Football Club.  I tried it only once but my sim took six hours to complete one day of "daily practice."
I'm sure I was doing it wrong (well, I discovered that when two siblings practice together, that doesn't count for either of them, for some freaking reason).
How wonderful for Leila to find true love so quickly! Haha, Leighton's a tryhard but I'm glad he finally got his man.

We're so happy that the Alvahs are back!

I love Dragon Age too!!! It's my favorite game series. I wasn't consciously intending to style Morgaine after Morrigan, but they definitely share a certain "type". And thank you, I'm delighted to be back with my Alvahs. A little break was just what I needed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #122 on: March 05, 2023, 12:41:00 PM »
I love Dragon Age too!!! It's my favorite game series. I wasn't consciously intending to style Morgaine after Morrigan, but they definitely share a certain "type". And thank you, I'm delighted to be back with my Alvahs. A little break was just what I needed.

Well darn, I misremembered her name.  You are right, of course, her name is Morrigan. 
It's Morgaine elusively evil nature, her boss magical room, and gorgeous looks that remind me of Morrigan!

Can you believe I'm still feeling salty at Solas for breaking my heart? LOL!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter 22: The Calm Before the Storm - Updated 3/6/23
« Reply #123 on: March 06, 2023, 02:50:32 PM »
Chapter 22: The Calm Before the Storm

After a magical prom night - wherein both Leighton and Leila went steady with their crushes - the two were swimming on air.

Dimitri forgave Leighton for his awkward attempt at flirting with him, and even asked him to be best friends!

Leila was moved by this gesture of goodwill.

Leila: "You know my brother is, like, *painfully* shy and has trouble making friends. I really appreciate you taking him under your wing. In fact, let me show you just *how much* I appreciate it . . ."

Little Whiskers was turning out to be an excellent collector of postcards,

Even if not everyone in the household was fond of him.

Kalamainu'u: "Stupid rodent!"

Loario was quickly piling up postcards.

Loario: "Oh look, a penpal from Midnight Hollow! Sounds like my kinda place!" *wistful sigh*

Until at last, it was finished.

As for Morgaine, she finished her teen aspiration.

And even graduated early.

She then promptly stormed through her magic aspirations,

With potions,

And spells,

And duels!

She even went on to practice a whole other type of sorcery, in preparation for her ghost hunting career.

Yes, all seemed well in the Avlah household.

Unfortunately, Winterfest was coming, and it *wasn't* going to be a merry one.

Generation One: Loario Alvah (Vampire) – COMPLETE
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Generation Two: Kalanea Alvah (Mermaid) - COMPLETE

Generation Three: Morgaine Alvah (Spellcaster)

Miscellaneous:

Notes: I forgot to mention before that Morgaine's spellroom is taken from "Magical Study Room" by SatiSim. Additionally, the medium room is "Santa Muerte Seance Room" by Lady_Gvilotine.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 3/6/23
« Reply #124 on: March 06, 2023, 03:04:05 PM »
Congrats on the pet postcard collection. Is it the same as the penpal's one or is it a separate collection?

Morgaine's amazing - zipping through all that magic. Looking forward to seeing how she deals with Winterfest!

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #125 on: March 06, 2023, 05:07:23 PM »
Morgaine is so accomplished!
What evil plans does she have in store for Winterfest and Father Winter?
Looking forward to finding out what mayhem Morgain causes!

Well, the only problem with Morgaine being so awesome is that nobody is quite good enough for her.
Will some gallant be joining your Simverse from the Gallery?

Congrats to Loario and Whiskers on acquiring all the pet postcards!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2023, 07:59:14 AM »
Ooo, not a merry Winterfest is coming?  What an excellent cliffhanger ending!  And here I was about to start my comment with mentions of how well everything was going  ;=)
Big congrats to Morgaine (and after your banter with oshizu I'm also having trouble remembering her name is not Morrigan) on finishing up all those aspirations!  Can't wait to see her rocking it as a Ghostbuster!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2023, 03:06:44 PM »
Congrats on the pet postcard collection. Is it the same as the penpal's one or is it a separate collection?

Morgaine's amazing - zipping through all that magic. Looking forward to seeing how she deals with Winterfest!

There are 14 postcards from the base game, and an extra 7 from the rodents. In the collection screen it shows it as 14(+7). It's all listed in one category though, so I guess it counts as just one collection?

Morgaine is so accomplished!
What evil plans does she have in store for Winterfest and Father Winter?
Looking forward to finding out what mayhem Morgain causes!

Well, the only problem with Morgaine being so awesome is that nobody is quite good enough for her.
Will some gallant be joining your Simverse from the Gallery?

Congrats to Loario and Whiskers on acquiring all the pet postcards!

Interesting that you assume Morgaine will be the cause of the unfortunate holiday season. As for Morgaine's special someones, she needs to kiss 10 different sims for the Serial Romantic aspiration. Accordingly, I have placed 10 "out of this world" gallery sims into the world to vie for her affections. ;)

Ooo, not a merry Winterfest is coming?  What an excellent cliffhanger ending!  And here I was about to start my comment with mentions of how well everything was going  ;=)
Big congrats to Morgaine (and after your banter with oshizu I'm also having trouble remembering her name is not Morrigan) on finishing up all those aspirations!  Can't wait to see her rocking it as a Ghostbuster!
Everything was going so well, until suddenly . . . quite a series of unfortunate events! This is my first time playing with the ghostbuster career. It's been buggy, apparently, for quite a long time. However, I was able to find a mod to fix it, so it's going better now.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter 23: The Purge - Updated 3/7/23
« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2023, 03:59:07 PM »

Chapter 23: The Purge

It starts with a phone call: Wendel Wilson, husband of Kalantha and father of six, passes away early on Winterfest morning.

The Alvah's drop by the Wilson residence to pay their condolences and bring Wendel's tombstone home to the family graveyard. Unfortunately, no tombstone or urn is found.

Loario: "I'm so sorry, sweetie!"
Kalantha: "Oh, dad!"
Loario: "Why don't you come and join us at our house for Winterfest?"

Accordingly, they celebrate the holiday, which served somewhat as a distraction.

That is, until grief over his brother's death causes William to overdo it with his magic.

Despite their close bond, Morgaine can't help but laugh maniacally.

Morgaine: "The old fool! Messing with forces he hardly understood."

Perhaps it's only fitting that the two brothers would pass away on the same day, but that thought is hardly a comfort to anyone.

Then, on New Year's Eve, tragedy strikes again, in the most unexpected way.

Fiery Leila, happy Leila - with so much life yet to live - meets with a shocking fate.

While, beloved family pet Nimue finally passes of old age.

And Kalamainu'u? You may recall that she is none too fond of our little Whiskers.

A fateful bite leads to a deadly infection.

Leighton begins to panic. Who wouldn't, with so many back to back deaths in the family, and so many ghosts piling up in the graveyard?

Leighton: "Come with me; I have a plan."
Harrison: "Oh?"

Leighton: "First, we age up."

Leighton: "Then, we celebrate."

Leighton: "Get engaged."

Leighton: "And, when the time is right . . ."

Leighton: "We elope, get the frick away from this haunted house, and never, ever come back!"

Generation One: Loario Alvah (Vampire) – COMPLETE

Generation Two: Kalanea Alvah (Mermaid) - COMPLETE

Generation Three: Morgaine Alvah (Spellcaster)

Miscellaneous:

Notes: While I intentionally killed off both Kalamainu'u and William - and let Nimue die of old age - Leila's death was truly an accident.  I thought when I told Loario to use his insta-repair on it, the matter was concluded, but the audio device on the coffee table there bugged out and was unfixable. Leila came along and sat there trying to fix it for goodness knows only how long before it got her.  :'( The offending audio device was promptly deleted.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 3/7/23
« Reply #129 on: March 08, 2023, 02:02:06 AM »
There we were, expecting Morgaine to be at the root of Winterfest disasters but no!
Commiserations to the family on all those deaths. I don't blame Leighton for running off with Harrison. Who knows which manner of death their Watcher is aiming to tick off next. (Do you get any points for Nimue's demise?)
Poor Leila. Buggy radios are a repeating problem in my game with Sims getting stuck fixing them. I didn't know it might eventually kill them!
As Morgaine goes about her ghost-busting, I wonder how the immortals will deal with their losses...

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #130 on: March 08, 2023, 09:34:57 AM »
Wow, that is a lot of deaths in one episode, Watcher!  RIP to all of the recently deceased, especially the Gorgeous William.
I do recall you earn a point for each gravestone resulting from a different death type.
Pinstar's Legacy has a similar category. I loved the appearance of the ghost who died from pufferfish poisoning.

Ohhhh, 10 potential beaus from the Gallery! It's always fascinating to see how a Watcher's taste in sim looks run!
I can't wait to meet them!
Sorry, Morgaine, for assuming that the not-merriness of the winter holidays would be traced to you.
Fate outdid you this time!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #131 on: March 09, 2023, 08:20:08 AM »
Good heavens!!  When it rains, it becomes a torrential downpour and an accompanying monsoon!  And my poor Leila?!?!?!?  I'm absolutely heartbroken   :=(
Hopefully, our beloved Witch of the Wilds, Morrigan ;=) can stay safe from all the haunted mishaps!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #132 on: March 09, 2023, 08:07:30 PM »
There we were, expecting Morgaine to be at the root of Winterfest disasters but no!
Commiserations to the family on all those deaths. I don't blame Leighton for running off with Harrison. Who knows which manner of death their Watcher is aiming to tick off next. (Do you get any points for Nimue's demise?)
Poor Leila. Buggy radios are a repeating problem in my game with Sims getting stuck fixing them. I didn't know it might eventually kill them!
As Morgaine goes about her ghost-busting, I wonder how the immortals will deal with their losses...

Nimue's death awards one point, for being a unique type of gravestone, and since it's the first death by old age, that's another three points. Subsequent cats or death by old age award no additional points. The buggy radios really are frustrating. I thought it was just the wall mounted ones, so I wasn't on the look out for that bug, and didn't have Leila's handiness up to handle it. :(

Wow, that is a lot of deaths in one episode, Watcher!  RIP to all of the recently deceased, especially the Gorgeous William.
I do recall you earn a point for each gravestone resulting from a different death type.
Pinstar's Legacy has a similar category. I loved the appearance of the ghost who died from pufferfish poisoning.

Ohhhh, 10 potential beaus from the Gallery! It's always fascinating to see how a Watcher's taste in sim looks run!
I can't wait to meet them!
Sorry, Morgaine, for assuming that the not-merriness of the winter holidays would be traced to you.
Fate outdid you this time!

I don't know what the pufferfish poisoning ghost looks like - but now I'm looking forward to it! The death by rabid rodent fever ghost surprised me: I didn't know Kalamainu'u's ghost would be wearing a rodent costume! :P I tried to find ten really interesting sims, some popular some not. Hopefully they won't disappoint! Of course, it's not too late for Morgaine to get up to some mischief of her own . . . guess it depends just how evil I want to make her. Hmmmm . . .

Good heavens!!  When it rains, it becomes a torrential downpour and an accompanying monsoon!  And my poor Leila?!?!?!?  I'm absolutely heartbroken   :=(
Hopefully, our beloved Witch of the Wilds, Morrigan ;=) can stay safe from all the haunted mishaps!

I know, I'm quite downhearted about Leila too. While it's a convenient accident that awards some easy points, it's not the fate I wanted for her. She was supposed to live a happy life with her Dimitri and make all sorts of adorable red-headed nooboos.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #133 on: March 09, 2023, 08:59:55 PM »
I just caught up, and oh my gosh! So much dying! I loved the "ghosts piling up in the graveyard" comment! But I'm so sad that we've lost beautiful Leila!
I was so expecting Morgaine to wreak havoc - this was such a surprise.

What a fun challenge/family this is!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #134 on: March 10, 2023, 01:50:41 PM »
I just caught up, and oh my gosh! So much dying! I loved the "ghosts piling up in the graveyard" comment! But I'm so sad that we've lost beautiful Leila!
I was so expecting Morgaine to wreak havoc - this was such a surprise.

What a fun challenge/family this is!

Thank you for such kind words! I really am having so much fun with this dynasty. Just imagine how many ghosts will be in the graveyard by the end of it all. One of my goals is to make sure their spirits stay tied to this world so that they can keep coming back to visit and haunt the house.

anything