Author Topic: Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty 5/8/23 - Chapter 42: Taking the Hint  (Read 32353 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 11/20/22
« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2022, 07:29:53 PM »
Leila!!  Absolutely staying on Team Leila.  She's lovely and amazing!  I mean, hot0headed, dastardly, non-committal romantic?  You know she'll be the most fun!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2022, 03:21:46 AM »
So the choice for the heir is a Socially-Awkward Romantic, a Non-Committal Romantic and an Unflirty Sim?

Just on looks, I'd go for Morgaine because she's got a new (to this dynasty) face-shape and her freckles are cute. Leila and Leighton are also both stunning. Such a wealth of choice!

I've gotta agree. While I love all three of them, Morgaine brings the most interesting genetics to the family line. Leighton and Leila largely have Kalanea's genes, which are lovely, but we already did that.

Both the ladies are gorgeous, but there is something about Leighton . . . I just like him, even if he is socially awkward (I haven't actually played with that trait though, so don't know what challenges it may bring).

You do have a difficult choice here - any of these could be a great heir.

The socially awkward trait is a new one for me too. I'll let you know how it goes!

Leila!!  Absolutely staying on Team Leila.  She's lovely and amazing!  I mean, hot0headed, dastardly, non-committal romantic?  You know she'll be the most fun!

As loyal and devoted as ever, Pippin! Leila does seem like the most fun in terms of aspirations.

Thank you, everyone for your thoughts! I think I've made up my mind: Morgaine it is! She will be re-traited from self-assured to evil and get the noncommital trait on aging up to young adult in order to go for those Villainous Valentine/Serial Romantic aspirations. I will also be shooting for the low empathy character trait. When I tried to get it for Faye in my Dojo Dynasty insults and fighting backfired to *gain* empathy. Let's hope it works properly this time!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2022, 03:30:08 AM »
Good Luck! Looking forward to the villainous valentine plot.
I've always struggled to differentiate between the socials needed for low empathy and those for argumentative, but maybe you'd like both those traits for Morgaine :)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #108 on: November 25, 2022, 08:32:13 AM »
I'll enjoy Morgaine's story, but I remain Team Leila  ;=)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2022, 04:29:11 AM »
Good Luck! Looking forward to the villainous valentine plot.
I've always struggled to differentiate between the socials needed for low empathy and those for argumentative, but maybe you'd like both those traits for Morgaine :)

Her character values, other than empathy, are already maxed to positive or close to it. However, if her conflict resolution drops, I wouldn't mind. It's hard, but I like to push myself sometimes to make sims who aren't perfect.

I'll enjoy Morgaine's story, but I remain Team Leila  ;=)

Good! You know a woman like Leila expects - nay, demands! - your complete and absolute devotion!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2023, 12:03:05 AM »

Hey all! I realize I've been absent from here for awhile, and just wanted to let you all know that I am well - just got very, very into finally playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I am getting close to the end though, so I may be back around soon. Hope everyone has been enjoying a great holiday season. <3

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2023, 12:45:28 AM »

Hey all! I realize I've been absent from here for awhile, and just wanted to let you all know that I am well - just got very, very into finally playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I am getting close to the end though, so I may be back around soon. Hope everyone has been enjoying a great holiday season. <3
Rhoxi,
I'm so glad to hear that you've been well!
Great news that you're getting close to 100% on Zelda: Breath of the Wild, though.
You and your Alvahs have been missed.  🧡🧡🧡

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2023, 07:15:31 AM »
As someone who commonly gets distracted from his Sims by Skyrim, I absolutely understand and relate  ;=)  Glad to know you're doing well and looking very forward to whenever you have the time to get another update together  :=)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter Twenty: Highschool Days - Updated 3/1/23
« Reply #113 on: March 01, 2023, 07:57:08 PM »
Chapter Twenty: Highschool Days

As soon as the kids age up to teen, twins Leighton and Leila set out to become spellcasters. Just because they weren't heirs didn't mean they wanted to miss out on the fun! And besides, who else would natural born spellcaster and heir, Morgaine, practice with?

A quick trip to caster's ally, and they're armed with familiars.

Leighton chooses a fairy, to match his favorite color.

Leila picks up a dark bunny with glowing red eyes as fiery as her hair.

Finally, they bring home a voodoo doll, which they found fitting for their evil older sister.

Morgaine is delighted.

They also sign up for after-school activities.

Leighton joins the football team, and gets off to a great start thanks to practice sessions with grandad Loario.

Leila joins the cheerleading squad.

While Morgaine joins the chess club and starts a career streaming horror games.

Smile for the profile pic!

I'm sure you can guess which locker belongs to which teen.

Leighton deals with the vagaries of puberty.

While Leila, of course, develops a crush almost instantly, and wastes no time befriending and smooching fellow classmate Dimitri.

Morgaine, meanwhile, sets about the serious tasks of:

(a) Beating the stuffing out of Dino to lower her empathy

(b) Beating the stuffing out of her favorite sibling for fun, and

(c) Practicing her magic.

As for the rest of the family, Kalanea takes up a new career in the culinary arts to keep busy.

While Loario works on the postcard collection from his pen pals and starts a new career as a salary person.

He also makes an executive decision to set Bubulus free, seeing as the poor creature's never managed to bring home a postcard of his adventures.

Hopefully the family's new pet, Whiskers, will have better luck. You can do it, little buddy!

And finally, William has his elder birthday. Will old age claim him, or will he meet a grizzly end?

Next up: Prom!

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 3/1/23
« Reply #114 on: March 01, 2023, 11:02:34 PM »
So much going on in the Alvah household these days!
Such a bold Watcher, letting each teen sign up for a different after-school activity!
Even when my teens all join the same club and jobs, I still don't manage to get them all where they should be on time!

I loved the portrait of Morgaine where she's asked to smile for the camera.  LOL, she really doesn't give a sheet, does she?
Ahhh, the pet postcards!  I hope Whiskers will be a better pen pal than Bulbulus was, Loario!

Looking forward to your teens' Prom Night! Leila will go with Dimitri, no doubt, but what about Morgaine and Leighton?
Can't wait to see them in their Prom finery! :D

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2023, 12:31:37 AM »
Love love love Morgaine! So darkly wonderful.

Can I ask what the magic familiars do? My Sim got one but I've no idea what it's significance is.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #116 on: March 02, 2023, 06:44:53 AM »
Yay!  So nice to see the family back in action!  What a great and varied cluster of teens!  I'll be curious to see if Morgaine's evil nature will show up in her school persona or if she'll be that perfect student who then destroys other Sims in her free time  ;=)
Best of luck to Whiskers on finally bringing back those elusive post cards!!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #117 on: March 02, 2023, 08:10:59 PM »
So much going on in the Alvah household these days!
Such a bold Watcher, letting each teen sign up for a different after-school activity!
Even when my teens all join the same club and jobs, I still don't manage to get them all where they should be on time!

I loved the portrait of Morgaine where she's asked to smile for the camera.  LOL, she really doesn't give a sheet, does she?
Ahhh, the pet postcards!  I hope Whiskers will be a better pen pal than Bulbulus was, Loario!

Looking forward to your teens' Prom Night! Leila will go with Dimitri, no doubt, but what about Morgaine and Leighton?
Can't wait to see them in their Prom finery! :D

I had each teen sign up for what I thought best suited their personalities. The only one that's kinda annoying to get done is the football one, since you have to practice three times for each activity day. I agree, Morgaine's stony face in the shot is so *her*! As for prom, wait no longer: I'm about to post all about it!

Love love love Morgaine! So darkly wonderful.

Can I ask what the magic familiars do? My Sim got one but I've no idea what it's significance is.
I love Morgaine too. I think I'm gonna have a ball playing her story arc. The magic familiars help you learn magic faster and - as I just found out when I double checked to better answer your question - protect your sim from death. Interesting!

Yay!  So nice to see the family back in action!  What a great and varied cluster of teens!  I'll be curious to see if Morgaine's evil nature will show up in her school persona or if she'll be that perfect student who then destroys other Sims in her free time  ;=)
Best of luck to Whiskers on finally bringing back those elusive post cards!!
Thanks, Pippin! It's nice to be back with my sim family. Well, Morgaine is evil, but she's also an over-achiever, so perfect student here we come! ;)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Chapter 21: Some Hearts Aflutter, Some Just Not - Updated 3/2/23
« Reply #118 on: March 02, 2023, 08:43:00 PM »
Chapter 21: Some Hearts Aflutter, Some Just Not

While Leila has an easy time finding a prom date thanks to Dimitri . . .

Socially awkward but hopeless romantic Leighton has considerable trouble.

His first choice turns him down, because he only likes women, but is happy to be friends.

His second choice feels the same.

In desperation, he even tries to put the moves on his sister Lelia's crush, to no avail.

The third time is *not* the charm.

But thankfully the fourth time is! He finally strikes gold with the still-exploring Harrison, and comes down with a major crush to boot!

Leighton: "You're really not going to ask anyone?"
Morgaine: "Psh, as if any of these plebs are worth my time."
Leighton: "Are you going, at least?"
Morgaine: "Oh, I'm going alright, if only to cause trouble and be obnoxious."

Leila and Dimitri have so much fun at the dance, they agree to be boyfriend and girlfriend.

Leighton, however, gets nervous when Harrison is nowhere to be found.

Is he being stood up? He gives Harrison a call.

Harrison: "I'm just running a bit late!" he answers breathlessly, running up to the auditorium.
Leighton: "You scared me! Don't ever do that to me again!"

Morgaine, meanwhile, reeks mischief and mayhem. "Despairio!"

Morgaine: "Oh, you suddenly feel sad do you? Does baby need his mommy?" she jeers.

Morgaine: "Hey, hey - did you hear the world's gonna end tomorrow? Yeah, we're totally all gonna die!"

With Leighton and Morgaine backing her campaign, the rightful queen takes her crown.

Leila: "I deserve this. Obviously. You're all very welcome."

But to everyone's surprise, Leighton is awarded prom jester - and his sisters didn't even vote for him!

Next, it's off to the after party, where Leighton and Harrison agree to make it official: they're totally exclusive!

Everyone say, "Awww!"

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: The Alvah Immortal Occults Dynasty - Updated 3/2/23
« Reply #119 on: March 03, 2023, 07:34:40 AM »
Yes!  Leila is absolutely the rightful queen!!  And she deserved every syllable of that self-confident acceptance speech  :=)
It was fun seeing Morgaine in her evil element, and I'm glad things did work out in the end for Leighton even though I'm still salty that he tried to flirt with Leila's beau  ;=)
Another lovely update!

anything