Author Topic: Landgraabs to the Max. Superlative, satisfactory, maximalist super-sims?  (Read 35986 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
The rocket science project is a skilling benchmark test I've done with other well raised teens. I've never had someone max the skill before now, and I think the difference must be Top Notch Infant. Does that boost skill gain?

My guess is if it's similar to Top Notch Toddler, then you're looking at 25% boost...

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/parenting/toddlers.php

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Hmmm, maxing Rocket Science skill with a single school project?  That's insane!
I started Day 3 of my first Growing Together infant yesterday and the milestones require so much repetitive actions from the parents.
But Top-Notch Infant is that good, you say?  Well, I certainly hope my infant gets that trait. Or not, since he's the non-heir guinea pig. *coughs
I'm feeling like an infant-raising failure. :(

Yeah, who needs a 64-tile house when your twins learn skills that fast?

And thanks for the link to your immortality potion!  I'm not simming yet today but I've installed that mod in my Mods folder already! Yay!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
The tiny home bonuses are still valuable, especially early on.

It's not the only new trait the twins have compared to earlier supersims, but I don't get the impression the GroTo child aspiration reward traits are for skill gain.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The tiny home bonuses are still valuable, especially early on.

It's not the only new trait the twins have compared to earlier supersims, but I don't get the impression the GroTo child aspiration reward traits are for skill gain.

Regarding the GroTo child aspirations, I'm especially interested in Creative Genius, which cuts the completion time by 50% for completing novels, paintings, and programming projects.
It takes a sim who's not in the Writer career four hours to complete a novel.
A sim in the Writer career completes one in 2 hours.  Would a sim with the Idea Person trait (Creative Genius reward trait, may have gotten the name wrong) require only one hour to complete a novel?  Curious minds wanna know!
Well, my (very facially unattractive) infant is only 2.5 days old as of today, so my playtesting must wait.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Quote from: oshizu
I'm especially interested in Creative Genius, which cuts the completion time by 50% for completing novels, paintings, and programming projects.
It takes a sim who's not in the Writer career four hours to complete a novel.
A sim in the Writer career completes one in 2 hours.  Would a sim with the Idea Person trait (Creative Genius reward trait, may have gotten the name wrong) require only one hour to complete a novel?  Curious minds wanna know!

It would be great if it reduced song writing too. Does it? Does anyone know?

I was about to say one of the twins should at least start in the writer career just to test things out, but that's a few sim weeks away and each update is seemingly covers only a few days, ages away! Then I remembered have a GroTo test sim that might be able to give a result sooner. I'm super curious though. A novel in an hour? Surely not...
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher

I did a quick search since I was curious myself and found this...

https://gamerant.com/sims-4-growing-together-aspirations-guide/

So, according to that link, yes it does speed up songwriting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum

I was about to say one of the twins should at least start in the writer career just to test things out, but that's a few sim weeks away and each update is seemingly covers only a few days, ages away! Then I remembered have a GroTo test sim that might be able to give a result sooner. I'm super curious though. A novel in an hour? Surely not...
Sorry, I simply forgot to mention songwriting in my previous post.  The description of the Idea Person reward trait itself states: "Due to their efforts they can now paint, write, program, and write songs faster."
Yes, faster songwriting would be an absolute boon! Prince took over 8 hours to write each instrumental song. Writing lyrics was a horrific experience!

I plan for my current infant to complete Creative Genius. But I'm so curious how it works that I might make a test sim. Hmmmmmm...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
I just did a very quick test. The sim has Idea Person, started the writing career at level 1. So far, books are taking about two hours to write. So... bad news? Unless the effect from the career is only at higher levels? I'll do some cheat promotions and try again. The sim has level 7 writing skill.

----

Five minutes later.

Level 10 in the career. Started a fantasy book with writing skill level 8 (finished with level 9). 1h 27m.

Started at 11:25pm. That's when I had the popup to name the book.
Finished at 12:52am.

So it's not doubling writing speed, which would be a +100% bonus. It's +50%, and that takes a little bit of time off book writing. Half an hour is trivial. I think the trait will really shine for songs.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
I just did a very quick test. The sim has Idea Person, started the writing career at level 1. So far, books are taking about two hours to write. So... bad news? Unless the effect from the career is only at higher levels? I'll do some cheat promotions and try again. The sim has level 7 writing skill.

----

Five minutes later.

Level 10 in the career. Started a fantasy book with writing skill level 8 (finished with level 9). 1h 27m.

Started at 11:25pm. That's when I had the popup to name the book.
Finished at 12:52am.

So it's not doubling writing speed, which would be a +100% bonus. It's +50%, and that takes a little bit of time off book writing. Half an hour is trivial. I think the trait will really shine for songs.

Thank you for testing the Idea Person trait so quickly.  I wonder what the speed boost for completing novels would be in, say, the Freelance Writer career.

I wonder if the trait rewards a 100% speed reduction in that case? (My sims don't join Freelance careers usually.)
So, a large painting on a sketchpad would take around 20 minutes?  That's a get-rich-quick scheme if ever there was!
I'll playtest the Idea Person trait with songwriting later today. :D

I can't wait for my infant to move onto the child stage so I can explore the new childhood aspirations!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
@Heart Foam
Just a heads-up to say I'm now playtesting the Idea Person with songwriting so you and I don't duplicate our efforts.
Will report back with the results when I'm done. :D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Here are my results for playtesting the Creative Genius aspiration's Idea Person trait with songwriting.

Test conditions
New, unmodded game
Test sims: Two teen sims newly created in CAS
Household needs decay: Disabled for playtesting purposes
Idea Person trait: Sim #1 only

Test #1 (1st song)
Start time: Songwriting started around 8:50 am
Guitar Level: 8 (Song/Mournful Lament)
Sim #1 (Idea Person): song done in 11 hrs 30 min, but her songwriting progress circle filled up after ~5 hrs
Sim #2 (control): song done in 11 hrs 34 min
Outcome: Sim #1 only finished 4 minutes faster, but their progress circle filled up around 6.5 hours faster.

Test #2 (2nd song)
Start time: Songwriting started around 21:00 pm
Guitar Level: 10 (Song/Relaxed Rhythm)
Sim #1 (Idea Person): Song done in 9 hrs 36 min, but her songwriting process circle filled up after ~4 hrs
Sim #2 (control): Song done in 9 hrs 35 min
Outcome: Sim #1 actually finished songwriting one minute later, but their progress circle filled up about 5.5 hrs faster.

Conclusion:
The Idea Person trait currently has zero effect on songwriting speed.
I'd hoped that the song would complete as soon as the progress circle filled up (giving a 50% speed reduction), but that didn't happen.
Obviously, this trait is glitched for songwriting.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Landgraabs to the Max. Fight for Victory!
« Reply #131 on: May 23, 2023, 04:20:18 PM »
Chapter 2. Part 7.

In this thrilling episode, Kyle Kyleson goes the Spice Festival, Kyle Kyleson goes to a Black and White party, and the twins are drama llamas.

But we start in the bathroom. This is another Relatable Human Moment (RHM), which the Landgraabs are obviously great at. You'll notice the medical movie poster above the toilet. I just assume it's like this for everyone, obviously these are the thoughts one wants in the bathroom. It just makes sense.

This is Phoebe's en suite, walk-in closet.

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday went by uneventfully. Perhaps except for the rocket science test in the early hours of Friday morning. This is the conclusion of it.

A dead tired Miss Landgraab goes to eat a ghostly candy before turning into bed at about 5:30am. It's only a "good" quality project, not excellent. And that's a bit sad. In my experience of rocket projects, starting with a high skill seems to be the best way to get the two-stage rocket with quasi SRBs.

We had studied for the exam on Wednesday, so Phoebe was fine. Both kids aced the test, as expected, and are apparently on their way to valedictorian. I want a valedictorian, but it'll be a total coin toss as to which of them gets it. And is that how I decide the heir? Maybe?

Rosalind's Trendi outfits were not a big hit, only selling one, so she generously gifts them to Phoebe!

Some gentle sibling rivalry, no doubt. With Phoebe also listing 5 outfits, both now needed to host a gold medal party. The twins wanted to clear other small things (like the Trendi stuff) out of the way to have a weekend of festivals and parties.

Friday was a Festival of Light. Janelle gets to feature in a photo now, because of a leopard print skirt and purple shades. Let's assume the billionaire Landgraabs have a jet, or something.

This was once again to hit a few milestone of the Mt Komorebi Sightseer aspiration, and greet people in a different location.

The schedule is relentless. And I clearly like playing like this, because there's always a goal when you're raising supersims. As soon as Janelle was done posing, the family flew to San Myshuno that night. Rosalind wasn't hungry, and instead went to the karaoke booth with dad.

(That's a great picture for Herbert's moustache.)

He gets a lot of fan mail, and its often dead fish or spoiled cupcakes. While his daughter wails sans melody into yonder microphone (but not for long or she'll max the skill in an hour or something), Herbert decided what thrills him most is to try out the Super Chocolate Tummer’s Bomb. He's not enjoying it, but as a glutton -- all Fathers Winter are gluttons -- will eat the trash the fans send him. They are fans, right?

Later, over at the festival, Ros waves frantically at a muscular man striding past. Try remain composed ladies, that... is Kyle Kyleson. He's the most Kyle ever.

"Sis, he's not your type. Stop looking at him like that or he'll invite himself over."

"But he is my type! We're both Lazy!"

Saturday morning, and it's time to host a gold medal party. Phoebe did the invites.

Let's say not everyone was on speaking terms. Anywho, Ros and Phoebe excelled. And took many selfies.

If I ever do a throwback post of screenshots that didn't make the cut, some of my alien girls at the family reunion, and Victoria Landgraab (she's uber pretentious) would probably feature. One curiousity is that the only category I haven't made them outfits in is... party. Because when do I ever throw parties?

That didn't complete the aspiration goal, so it was immediately followed up by a Black & White party. Hashtag fancy.

Hey, it's Kyle Kyleson. And he seems to be tight with dad Landgraab.

So the Black & White was a disaster, only a silver. That's on me for not starting to talk about black and white things sooner. It's been a while since I've done one of these. And because I never throw parties, this was immediately followed up by a gold kava party. You've all seen a kava party before.

Sunday was prank day, and also the Starlight Accolades. Prank day is fun because if teens max mischief they get a trait, Authentic Prankster, they can't get later in life.

In the fame room getting some last-minute submissions together. Alack, no nominations.

I decided to combine the Starlight Accolades with completing Drama Llama. Both girls only need to have an enemy rival to complete the aspiration -- and they have the same rival, as previously mentioned. It was worth trying to complete it now because they'll max out cheerleading on Monday, the next day, and then move on to different after school activities. However, that would give them a different rival. (That said, if the next rival was a sim already befriended, aliens are uniquely able to wipe all memory of said friendship. It's the one time that ability is quite useful.)

So Hinata was invited, and promptly beaten up by Phoebe.

Herbert won for best video. The host is Janelle's dad, Brody McLean, the townie alien that made my super-aliens possible.

So Phoebe completed Drama Llama. It was then Ros' turn to make an enemy of the very same kid. *exhale* This is awful. And Ros is fierce.

Herbert was unhappy. Both girls nearly got kicked out of the family club, and lost a lot of conflict resolution.

Back on Admired Icon, all we need is for the social bunny followers to trigger. Ros and Phoebe, here pictured, have way more than they need and for the last few days have waited for something to jog the game into completing that aspiration.

Phoebe apologised to dad, and congratulated him on his win.

-----

Status of HSY aspirations:

Drama Llama complete on both girls.
Live Fast? what's that?
Admired Icon: aspirations.complete_current_milestone -- we had the followers
Goal Oriented: we're straight A, and will reach level 3 of an afterschool activity this coming Monday. Career Day, however, is only in their third week of highschool. Which is a bit crazy. So there's no point jumping into side hustles yet.

Parenthood Character traits:
Ros has since recovered her conflict resolution, but Phoebe just isn't getting those parenting moments. She did a smooth apology to Hinata, helped her sister mend her broken relationship with Hinata, had parents encourage her in doing all this, and still she's not in range to get that trait. She is however ahead of Ros in empathy and emotional control.

@oshizu Thanks, good info. But, ugh. Next thought is a hunting for a bugfix mod. :/ We need that to reduce songwriting time.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
So many photogenic moments in this update!
First and foremost, I love Janelle's new party (formal?) look with the cowgal hat!  You go, girl!
And I guess that medical movie poster is for Herbert to admire while he does his business?

I love Herbert in his pink lame suit! Every outfit in  his wardrobe is too precious!  I'm glad Janelle is now giving him a run for his money!
Herbert won an award at Starlight Accolades for a video?  Recorded on The More Choices Video Station?  You mean, there's a chance for my Jasmine Ward, too?!
As for Admired Icon, how in the holy heck did the girls get so many followers?  (Where did Prince go wrong?)

In my current save, when my teen began high school, Career Day appeared on the calendar during both his 2nd and 3rd weeks as a teen.  Very convenient.
Your girls having to wait until Week 3 is a pretty long wait, but they seem to be busy with many activities, so...

Great shot of Kyle with Herbert.  Does Herbert consider Kyle as suitable son-in-law material?
As for Conflict Resolution, I bet Vlad has many bad relationships that Phoebe could help fix with parental enouragement.

Love reading about your fabulous, famous, over-achieving sims!

P.S. Yeah, Idea Person not working for songwriting is truly a disappointment.  A bug fix mod that makes the Idea Person trait work as it should would be glorious!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
@oshizu Yeah, normally it's week 2. Dunno why week 3 this time, but it'll be fine.

I do like the idea of Kyle Kyleson. He's a new sim. And I like getting townies into the bloodline anyway.

I wonder if fame helps with Social Bunny followers? I saw Herbert has 115, and he had never made a post. Yes, his video was recorded on the video station. I don't remember a nomination for a video, but presumably it was well deserved and he wasn't wearing a towel.

The twins were making Social Bunny posts to complete the "make 5 posts" step, but after that didn't do much. One suspects fame, but if it's not that, it's charisma / number of friends / number of SB contacts. A popularity contest. I know Phoebe has more than 20 friends because she's completed Friend of the World, and Ros is close.

-----

Challenge Update:

So my aim at getting a mixology certificate is impossible. Patch 1.96 in March changed how that works.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-DU-Attending-skill-classes-confers-mixology-certificate/td-p/10569746

I'm annoyed because through week 2 of high school, and on the weekends, the girls have been going to $250 skill classes. After two or three in mixology, they had maxed the skill and simply cannot go to the 10 or 11 required classes to get the certificate. They skill up too fast. In fact, any sim that maxes out a skill before getting the certificate (apparently there's now one for all skills, they're tracked independently), can't get said certificate because you can't take a class in a skill you've already maxed. It's not on the list. Need one more class for the certificate? Too bad! That's your fault for raising a sim well. I'll never have a sim that skills up so slowly that they can get the certificate to start at level 6 of the mixology career. And there's incentive to do that career for a shot at Snaggle Fluster. Any moderately well-raised sim, or sim with Savant, or a nimble mind potion, is locked out from the "degree" for that career.

It's a mind-numbing change. Like, seriously devs, what the actual plumbob. Ros and Phoebe did maybe 15 to 20 of these skill classes and when no certificate was forthcoming, I googled. I have earned that certificate on a teen before.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Oh that's too bad about the skill certificates!
Too good at keep our sims happy? Death by hysteria!
Fewer than 10-11 skill classes needed to max a skill?  Punishment for raising talented sims!
It makes no sense!

Nice!  A possible Phoebe/Kyle liaison! Plus Herbert loves him already! 

Not to hijack your thread, but my Prince had max Charisma and Fame plus max friendship with at least 20 teen SB contacts.
Whenever he opened SB, he found himself inundated with Feed posts and DMs.  After 2 weeks, he finally reached 59 followers. After 3 weeks, only 109 or therreabouts.
I guess his SB account was hacked?