Author Topic: Landgraabs to the Max. Superlative, satisfactory, maximalist super-sims?  (Read 35995 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Your girls look ab fab with their big dark eyes and pointy ears!  Um, not so much as bald cheerleaders, though. 
They sure follow a full schedule!
It's hard to believe they've only been teens for two days so far!

The mansion looks splendid.  Love the little gazebo in the back!
How wonderful that the extended family (except Alistair, sob) all attends the Starlight Accolades.
Did you add a platform to the award ceremony or did I just not notice my award ceremony area is like that, too?
I'm thinking that we got platforms with the Snowy Escape pack.

You certainly have a knack for picking out Father Winters.
I would never have envisioned just how marvelous Herbert has turned out to be!
(Of course, much of his appeal is due to your styling of his hair & wardrobe....)
Methinks my legacy needs a Father Winter spouse (but not Clement, no thank you).
Great update!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
Your girls look ab fab with their big dark eyes and pointy ears! Um, not so much as bald cheerleaders, though.

And I chose the gawkiest picture of them on purpose! Every teenage girl's dream! What a sim father! rofl. Meh, they'll be fine.

Did you add a platform to the award ceremony

Yes, that's me. I made that small change when platforms were added, and I drop this Plumbob Pictures into every save. Also has two mics, because that really helps the awards ceremony flow better.

I have noticed that I have almost no pictures of Janelle as a main subject, and tons of Herbert. He's a star. He's a Father Winter come to mix with the plebs, and wants everyone to know.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Yes, that's me. I made that small change when platforms were added, and I drop this Plumbob Pictures into every save. Also has two mics, because that really helps the awards ceremony flow better.

I have noticed that I have almost no pictures of Janelle as a main subject, and tons of Herbert. He's a star. He's a Father Winter come to mix with the plebs, and wants everyone to know.

I do like your raised award ceremony area.  Do your two mics work as intended, then?  The MC stays at one mic, instead of stepping back, while the award recipients step up to the second mic?
Janelle who?  Just kidding. What if you restyled Janelle with a look that matches the incomparable Herbert's?
For me, what makes Herbert stand out amongst your rather classically striking Landgraabs is Herbert's borderline-sleazy 70s Hollywood vibe.
No, no, borderline-sleazy is not the right word.  But that towel with sunglasses!

(I didn't understand your reference to Plumbob Pictures...)

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
@oshizu sorry, brain fade. Studio PBP. But I assume it's an acronym for Plumbob Pictures? The host and winners rotate between the mics using whatever is open. It's a big help.

So for Janelle... cowboy hat? Maybe. Some sparkly jacket? The hair is important. Something big and 80s. Bonnie Tyler. Hmm. But imagine the Emotional Suffering of their teenage kids!

I'll do it.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
@oshizu sorry, brain fade. Studio PBP. But I assume it's an acronym for Plumbob Pictures? The host and winners rotate between the mics using whatever is open. It's a big help.

So for Janelle... cowboy hat? Maybe. Some sparkly jacket? The hair is important. Something big and 80s. Bonnie Tyler. Hmm. But imagine the Emotional Suffering of their teenage kids!

I'll do it.

Oooh, I'm gonna try your two-mic arrangement for the awards ceremony.

LOL, I'm on the edge of my seat, waiting to see what you come up with for Janelle! <3

P.S. I'm trying to think of a way to remove Clement Frost as Father Winter without eliminating him.
      Does he lose the role if he moves into a house and gets married?

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Yes, just move him in somewhere, and the game makes a replacement. It's a dice roll though... :)

-----

Janelle. More noticeable.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Yes, just move him in somewhere, and the game makes a replacement. It's a dice roll though... :)

-----

Janelle. More noticeable.

First of all, I love Janelle's new look. Opting for the short, lavender-cuffed jacket with the leopard-print skirt and purplish sunglasses.  *Chef's kiss
The twins will just have to bear the burden of having trendy, fashion icons for parents!

I'm playing with MCCC which tends to move Father Winter into a residence which doesn't trigger a new Father Winter.
I'll use MCCC to "Mark for marriage" and see if being married strips Clement of his special role.
You mean, it's a dice roll whether the new Father Winter will be palatable?  *sighs
Um, isn't that what Change Sims is for? (um, after using cas.fulledit mode to remove any pear-ness...)
Wish me luck, but not for a few generations. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
My last update only covered two days, so I'll try write up another part tonight or I'll feel this is falling behind.

But this is more of a PSA about a broken (?) aspiration. I'm not sure if it's info that belongs on the HSY board, or Growing Together board. And I'm surely not the first person to have this. I might be late to the party. Pun!

For the "gold medal on any hosted party" step of the Admired Icon aspiration, Phoebe threw a Family Reunion. As you see in the top right it was a gold medal party, but as you see in the bottom right it did not count toward the aspiration.

Maybe it's a deliberate choice? A teen hosting a family reunion? I grant that it doesn't make a ton of sense, and as teens they really didn't know a lot of the extended family so inviting Sloane or Alistair or Kash wasn't possible. But it's worth saying: it does not count for the aspiration.

Yeah, Ros is paranoid.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Oh - that's annoying about the Family Reunion/Admired Icon failure. Still, it sounds like they had a good time.

I've just finished playing my 8 Erratic Asylum challenge - to bad it doesn't rain in the girls' 'hood ;)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
For the "gold medal on any hosted party" step of the Admired Icon aspiration, Phoebe threw a Family Reunion. As you see in the top right it was a gold medal party, but as you see in the bottom right it did not count toward the aspiration.

Gold medal parties not registering is not new for sure, so I do not think it's your Aspiration that is broken. The challenge team has done many party-themed events in the past and we often get "can I count something that did not register" type of PMs.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Quote from: Metropolis Man
Gold medal parties not registering is not new for sure, so I do not think it's your Aspiration that is broken. The challenge team has done many party-themed events in the past and we often get "can I count something that did not register" type of PMs.

A gold kava party has also just failed to trigger it. I swear that used to work for the aspiration. huh. Broken across the board then. Thanks, I didn't realise it was more widespread.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
For Prince's World-Famous Celb aspiration, he hosted the usual Dinner Party, earn a gold medal, and completed that task.
Next, he hosted a gold-medal Meet and Greet and I'd regretted wasting the time to throw that Dinner Party first.
But who knows? Maybe the gold Meet and Greet wouldn't have counted? I bet it would, since it comes from the same pack as the WFC aspiration

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Landgraabs to the Max. A towel for Janelle.
« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2023, 05:00:03 PM »
Chapter 2. Part 6.

In this exciting episode: Rosalind goes to school, Pheobe eats lunch, and Herbert opens the fridge.

-----

But we start with a story we can all relate to. We've all gone to the park in formalwear at 2am on a Monday morning and been swamped by paparazzi, this is a common human experience. It definitely happened to me only yesterday.

Here's a sim, having that same (highly relatable) teen moment. You're here for the kitchen sink realism of these sims. (Foreshadowing Herbert in the kitchen in wearing towel? I would never.)

We recognise Ros, obviously. In roughly the same scene as the one we left.

Honestly, I've been strategically cropping out Riku who is Phoebe's short-lived love interest because it's a bit weird. He's the same sim with whom Maxine had a strained on again, off again crush. In the aftermath -- and THAT gallant, colourful, playful, romantic prom picture with Maxine and Riku is all time one of my favourite, hands down -- he was made immortal. I clearly didn't check to see if he had aged up to young adult first, and he's an immortal teenager, ready to be disappointed by yet another Landgraab woman. When I was quickly populating Quick Woohoo with the current crop of teens, there wasn't a lot of choice and Riku was still in that group.

Phoebe did complete her cuddle cart goals with Riku, and then was left to her own devices while I tried to get Ros Landgraab and Iker Landgraab to be romantic. While on her own time, Phoebe ordered herself some fried chicken sliders. This dear Pheobe, is relatable content, and you must try to do more of this. And less caviar when you've been teen for only one day. Your own watcher thinks it's pretentious, and it exposes you to comment on the platform. (Totally quoting Judi Dench for unknown reasons.) Ros didn't get far with Iker, so we'll return to the cuddling soon.

First day of school and there's a blonde girl, Moe, wearing the iconic Landgraab colours of orange and white. That's deeply offensive, and not something to be followed up on.

The guy peering over her shoulder doesn't approve either. She's taking a risk. It would have been appropriate if she was the rival, but no. Both Ros and Phoebe have the same rival, who was a studious kid doing homework. I like the watermelon shirt man. He has non-threatening style. Come on Moe, be more like him.

If I look at the family tree, it's only light incest. It's fine. And of course, all these lovely men are going to be dumped -- because the girls have to dump them. Iker has hopefully had a chat with Riku at some point.

Moving swiftly along! To cheerleading.

Back at the carnival, on the shores of the wine dark Lake LaSuli, Iker's emotions went on a roller-coaster.

These Landgraabs are cold.

Day two of school, and with no afterschool activity that might conflict with detention, it was time to get into trouble.

Pheobe got the stern lecture (not Ros), but no punishment for either of them! I wanted punishment!

After this there was a long stopover in CAS. Phoebe gets to put her hair down in some outfits, though the texture is not the same. They're aliens, we can chalk some of it up to magic / advanced scalp technology.

For brevity, this isn't everything, but here's some outfits I like that probably won't be used a whole lot. First Ros in athletic and cold weather gear (it's a desert heatwave, so, yeah) and then Phoebe in her cold weather gear. We'll see them often enough in everyday / hot weather.

Ooof. A beret at a jaunty angle. Swoon. I love Ros' hat too with the tartan. (I have relatives in Scotland sending pics of heilan coos, so.)

During this CAS trip, it became apparent we don't have an outrageously tacky gold jacket from the stylist career. And so Herbert, who is liquid fashion, took it upon himself to spread fashion... to the world! Good luck Herbert.

That said, Herbert has no writing talent at all. He's a global superstar with the Easy Street perk, so promotion should be easy... if he meets the skill levels. And so we arrive at him staring vacantly at the laptop that he's moved to the kitchen for inspiration. You can hear Ros asking if dad is ever going to type something.

Janelle now has a towel too!

Herbert off to impart Style upon the world. His career outfit has not overwritten his Father Winter hat, which I quite enjoy.

All for a gauche gold jacket. It must be done. Janelle was also signed up to a career. She's in business. Just... business. She knows business. If she ever appears in a work outfit, that's the reason.

I really love this house in summer. The colours really pop. The ducks don't get enough attention, they've been there for yonks.

In the duckpond picture, Janelle can just about be seen planting crocus and here she is watering it. I know a flower bouquet scented with crocus keep the bees happy, but that's a lot of effort. This is laziness. Maybe it'll help, maybe not. And then I noticed they're in season in spring and winter, so in fact, this is pretty useless. But look at the house, in summer. Glorious.

It's a Wednesday, so the girls only have half an hour between school and cheer practice, so I trap them outside in conversation.

That's just their default everyday outfits. We're pretty chill. That's a bone fide Sim Sessions 2021 t-shirt. Wednesday week 1 at high school, they both got promoted to cheer level 2, on schedule. Here Ros practices for Thursday's meet.

Meanwhile, Herbert was learning photography for his stylist job, and these are too good not to share.

Oh, and Phoebe broke up with Riku.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Is Ros at the park at 2 am fishing for the Be Asked for Selfies task?
Your gorgeous twins are on track to achieve everything as teens!  (Except maybe the glitched Live Fast aspiration.)
I remain impressed at how much your sims achieve, without even living in a 64-tile house!

Well, yes! Herbert obviously needs a tacky gold shimmering jacket! I mean, he's already wearing gold patent-leather shoes on his first day in the Stylist career!
Doesn't Janelle have some immortal relative with max Writing skill who could visit Herbert and mentor him in Writing?
Can't wait to see Herbert flaunting his gold jacket!

Thank you for sharing the selfies Herbert took!
As for detention, I had an Evil teen who maxed Charisma as a child. Whenever I tried to get him on detention, he'd autonomously talk his away out of detention.
Ultimately, I gave up trying to get him expelled and simply dropped out. Bah!

I've already asked you about the immortality potion mod you use to grant "real" immortality. 
But I've forgotten the name and searching for it among your story threads would take more patience than I have.
Would you, pretty please, tell me its name again?
Such a potion would be such a boon in my current legacy challenge!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
@oshizu No prolem. :) I use the "true immortal" flavour, and it works like magic.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/rom-potion-of-29983141

Herbert has picked up quite a few traits since joining the house. He's not a skilling machine like the others, but he's got savant for example. And he's in the family club with all perks. If I remember Carl's video on his supersim correctly, that's a +250% bonus to skill gain, and the biggest single boost there is. He should be fine. Maybe the latter stages of the career that suddenly require level 10 charisma or something might take some grind. We'll see.

Re tutoring, yes you're quite right. Janelle can certainly invite a relative over and that might be a fun way to help Herbert. He could probably get one of his daughters to tutor him. I say this because...

A quick demonstration of skill gain. She obviously had zero rocket science before starting. She maxed it with one project, and she wasn't even focused. The confidence problem, again. I don't mind sharing that here, because I'm not sure 4 similar pics within a regular update is a good use of space. Phoebe finished after 5am and still got a full night's sleep thanks to the Paranormal candy jar.

The rocket science project is a skilling benchmark test I've done with other well raised teens. I've never had someone max the skill before now, and I think the difference must be Top Notch Infant. Does that boost skill gain? There's no Snaggle Fluster, no amygdeight, no potion of nimble mind, no celebuserum. No stuff like that. Just a girl, her traits, and the family club. And remember how they maxed their childhood traits in an afternoon? It must be Top Notch Infant making the difference. If I want to, Ros and Phoebe can max writing (or any other skill Herbert needs help in) on a whim. Their writing is already doing pretty well because they write in a journal every day. But I really like your suggestion of a Relative.

No, we headed to the park straight after the Starlight Accolades to get on with the teen aspirations. It was specifically to check off the "mess around in the cuddle carts" goal. I still think that's quite a milestone to be presented with on day 1 of being a teen, and requires a lot of setup work. Clubs helps, but. The difficulty level in some of the tasks varies quite a lot. I don't want the girls to be teens for whole week and still be stage on page one of that aspiration.

Neither of them has got into trouble -- lol at an evil sim not getting into trouble?!? -- so unless they get that impossible invite, I'm just ignoring Live Fast altogether.

Exit Bunthorne.

anything