Author Topic: Landgraabs to the Max. Superlative, satisfactory, maximalist super-sims?  (Read 35981 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
I have so much to comment about so please forgive me in advance for the looong post.
First, you mentioned your 50x40 Newcrest lot as if it were available for download.  Is it? I'd thought you didn't upload your builds to the Gallery. I will check later today.
Also, I am so enamored of the glitzy Herbert that I've forgotten the name of my former infatuation, Maxine's father whatzisname.  Alex or Alistair?
Herbert's style and panache are everything!!!

Orange your girls the lucky ones? So much going for them girls already but New Skill Day was just icing on the cake!  And they don't even live in a tiny house!  My mind is completely boggled!
I laughed at Rosalind's numerous traits at Day 9 of her childhood. Nobody would believe she's Lazy, hah!

As for the sleepover, how did they achieve a gold-medal event so quickly? Their high reputation?
Or does a parent actually host the event? Sorry, that's a stupid question--I'll find out for myself eventually, hehe.
Good to know about the treehouse sleeping bug.

Oh, if only we could encounter a hawt Father Winter like Herbert in our current legacy simverse!!! Mayhaps Clement needs to vanish?

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
Alistair.

#myperfectmansion on the gallery. I adore that house. The catch is it's the product of a few generations. A played house. Really, it's the 3rd or 4th attempt at a design I've tried to get right since Get Famous.

I didn't have any adults hosting the slumber party, just the girls. It didn't matter, simply going to sleep is most of the gold medal, but I think in future I'd rather have an adult as host as well.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Alistair.

#myperfectmansion on the gallery. I adore that house. The catch is it's the product of a few generations. A played house. Really, it's the 3rd or 4th attempt at a design I've tried to get right since Get Famous.

I didn't have any adults hosting the slumber party, just the girls. It didn't matter, simply going to sleep is most of the gold medal, but I think in future I'd rather have an adult as host as well.
Aah, Alistair.  I still find Alistair extremely attractive but Herbert exudes that tacky 70s Hollywood vibe.  Um, the dumpster!?
Is he still uncovering aliens in the simverse or just...never mind.

I'm off to load my game and search for your build. :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
I want to add that I've just finished downloading and tweaking your fabulous Twin Oracle Point build.
When I went to "Follow" you, I discovered that I already am, lol.
FYI, I had to delete items in your build that would have given me an unfair advantage in my legacy challenge.
With tears in my eyes, I deleted the eight Perfect money trees, the cloning machine (you know I thought twice about this one, hehe), other career unlocks, and anyr items that I feel should be (re)purchased by the household like the Video Station.

Thanks so much for sharing this build! Can't wait to play in it.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
FYI, I had to delete items in your build that would have given me an unfair advantage in my legacy challenge.

oh for sure, I don't encourage anyone to play it as is. Hence my reluctance to put things on the gallery. There's a lot of unlocked stuff in that house.

The oddness of the vending machines is because I have a sim there who I want to get the coffee adict lifestyle (what my sims need more than anything is faster skill gain). And in my experience, the hot chatter coffee works to unlock the lifestyle, and then any coffee will do.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Landgraabs to the Max. Herbert is gone!
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2023, 01:09:25 PM »
Bad news! Herbert is gone! Oh no!

I've not got any "weird tummy ache" yet, but with all these abductions it's something we've got to ponder. I definitely wouldn't send back a younger brother, if it happens. I'm all for it.

Also... sneak preview. The family is getting ready for the Starlight Accolades, gotta show off the girls.

Phoebe has the cheekbones. Ros is the more reserved one in green and gold. She got an interesting random trait on aging up. Obviously they're similar, and pointy, because they have to be, but different.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Another abduction! Herbert is Universally popular, obviously.

The girls are lovely, of course. I hope they enjoy the Starlight Accolades - and teendom!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Would love to see a pregnant Herbert waddling around in his ever-constant towel and sunglasses!
Phoebe and Ros are beyond gorgeous!!! Terrific job on their styling and makeup (they didn't need much cosmetic help, though).
Looking forward to the girls' fabulous lives as teens!

Funny you should mention the vending machines in your Twin Oracle Point build, I left them in because I couldn't figure out what they're for.
Honestly, I always play with Lifestyles disabled.  *feels ashamed

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
I also always disable Lifestyles as I've always found them restrictive rather than enabling. Maybe I need to research a bit more to use them strategically.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
@Granny Lawlor I partiuclarly like getting the Techie lifestyle for computer overclocking. That's such a powerful 8h focused moodlet. Obviously not all computers get overclocked because it would override a writer's inspiration, but it's nice to have. In every save, every household, I get a techie. I've only got the coffee addict once, and it seems too difficult to get it to register.

@oshizu Yes, that's just for coffee! Placing two vending machines seemed like less of a mistake, more intentional, it seems like it really belongs. lol

Oh how the Landgraabs have changed. Honestly, as a man that doesn't have experience with makeup -- or style -- I'm always a bit worried I'm doing something terrible.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Landgraabs to the Max. The Birthday Weekend.
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2023, 01:43:40 PM »
Chapter 2. Part 5.

You've seen them as teens, but how did we get there. With trepidation. I was a Nervous Subject.

As mentioned previously, teeth were falling out all over the place, and I was somewhat worried about the aging up glitch. I know the whole tooth thing was briefly patched out while it was a problem, and it's back and therefore presuambly fixed. And yet I've seen recent posts that still seem to suggest a problem. (But maybe they had mods, and I'm rather vanilla.) I even thought of spending some of Janelle's satisfaction points on a potion to wipe out all negative moodlets, but the sore teeth remained. I even went into cas to check the tooth status. I made backup saves.

After achieving very little, here we go...

Phoebe aged up first. Hopefully bug free, hopefully neither sim morphs into someone different as a young adult. She's randomly rolled Book Worm. That's fine. She's a whisker below a 3-star celebrity. I haven't been streamiong or recording videos with the children, so this fame is purely down to refelected fame from mum and dad, and maybe the celebrity home lot trait. That's 2:14pm, by 4:40pm she's a global superstar.

Ros was next, and this carefully framed screenshot shows her tooth gap.

She too is a fraction under 3-stars. Full disclosure, she initially rolled "evil" which isn't a bad fit considering her toddler stage. She was a lovely infant, then switched roles with her sister. As you see, I didn't keep evil, and she re-rolled, and got... paranoid. I hesitated for a while about that, and decided it was fine. I'm not sure how to overcome this paranoia -- maybe a StrangerVille future for our Ros isn't a bad move? Rosalind. Roswell. It fits. Regardless, she is a more reserved, suspicious sim. And lazy.

But lazy might change, because both girls have ended up as cheerleaders.

I apologise. That's just awful. lol. They'll get to CAS soon.

In this save I've done the other three HSY after school activities already, so I signed Phoebe up immediately after blowing out her candles. Then when it came to Rosalind's turn to look for an after school thing, nothing else had the same schedule. So for ease of management, she got signed up for cheerleading too. And she's lazy, and doesn't like it.

As promised, at 4:40pm Phoebe's a 5-star celebrity. Only two and a half hours before, she was still a child. How time flies.

Ros had finished her cheer practice before she got to use the drone, so she started painting for a bit of fame. Soon she also donated some violins, and was also a global superstar. I wanted to get this wrapped up before heading out to Mt Komorebi. The Festival of Snow had started, and that's a fun easy few satisfaction points that I like picking up. I like eating the food and wearing the unique costumes.

... and swam in the river for an hour which completed stage one of that aspiration.

Paparazzi are ever-present.

Phoebe and Ros are also greeting sims when they can for Friend of the World. They can instantly befriend anyone with a normal friendly greeting, but they also have the "instant-besties" option through fame. I feel it's worth using these powers to complete that aspiration.

It was upon returning from this (very fast, very realistic) holiday in Mt Komorebi that Herbert was abducted in the early hours of Sunday. But good news! He's back! It was sunrise by the time he returned. We'll be keeping a close eye on him for signs of pregnancy.

The twins finally went to cas. The family portrait on the wall put Ros and Herbert next to each other, and that top she's wearing is maybe a little bit of dad's style.

After that homework, Phoebe lacked Fun. She hoped to provide herself with Fun through the meduim of chess. Fun was not forthcoming from chess in large quantities, but it was a chance for a scenic pic of my favourite lounge and a glance at how we're doing with traits.

Savant? Check. Shameless? Check. Carefree? Check. I normally never take carefree because I'd rather do the Beach Life aspiration for exactly the safe effect, but aliens can't tan. I suppose one could say "but these aliens have human skin" and still do that aspiration, but both kids have satisfaction points to burn and dropping 3000 on Carefree or Great Kisser is a mere nothing. (Rosalind doesn't have that.)

But where is Ros while her sister is playing chess? She's trimming her bonsai. But... wow... Father Winter decided to visit. It's summer in the desert, I get that, but it's not the first picture one has of Father Winter. Anywho, he looks relaxed!

If this household keeps up the Father Winter's Baby trait, maybe he's the one? :/ He looks fun. Gerard Regan.

The Starlight Accolades in this save is a family reunion.

Everyone, with the exception of the host, is related. Unfortunately the men were standing outside, or at the bar. Kash was there, Zach Ward (yes, that Ward), Frank Kinney (husband of the woman on the far right) (but these are all foreign to you, ha!), and obviously Herbert. He's in the first pic -- sparkly black jacket -- with his daughters. Alistair didn't show up at all. Bad form. We are disappointment.

None of my current family won anything (Ros did submit a few videos, but none were nominated so we weren't expecting anything). Phoebe evidently passed the time at the bar ordering caviar crackers.

No sooner had it finished than Phoebe and Ros were in Copperdale with other teens, in a group called Quick Woohoo, expressly for the purpose of getting past the cuddle carts goal as soon as possible.

I think that group might have made an apearance with Maxine's story, so hopefully this won't draw too many comments from the gallery. Besides, its by no means the most scandalous thing in this picture. The kid talking to Ros in the bue shirt with Tintin hair (sorry dude, that's what I think of)... is a Landgraab. Look, there's a lot of Landgraabs and they have a lot of kids. Many houses of them. I don't know where he fits in. And they're not super-close relatives. Maybe. I should probably check.

I'll wrap this up here. It only covers two days, and the next day is obviously first day at high school.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Alas, I am unable to view your screenshots.  I have, however, devoured the text of your update.
I'm keeping my browser on this page in the hope that your screenies will eventually load. *sheds copious tears
Upon checking the image link, I wonder if image access needs to be switched to "Share"?  Just a thought.

I am also disappointment that Alistair failed to show his gorgeous face at the Starlight Acoolades!
I'd been looking forward to renewing my infatuation with that sim!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Oh that's bad. Good to know. I can't immediately do anything to fix it.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Oh that's bad. Good to know. I can't immediately do anything to fix it.

Thank you for letting me know. I'll be checking later for your positive news!
I appreciate your explaining about the coffee vending machines. I'm afraid of lifestyles, haha.
Also, if you simply can't wait to learn whether or not Herbert (or any other human male sim, for that matter) is pregnant by abduction, go to CAS and attempt to change his gender.
You'll be prevented from changing it and see the "Cannot edit a pregnant sim" error message.  There, I spoiled the anticipation for you, lol!
But we readers are happy not be spoiled in advance. :D

Edited to add: Your screenshots suddenly appeared while I was responding to your previous comment. Hallelujah! *does happy dance

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
It actually all makes sense on my side. I did something on my phone. Thank you. :)

Exit Bunthorne.

anything