Author Topic: Landgraabs to the Max. Superlative, satisfactory, maximalist super-sims?  (Read 35985 times)

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
Gosh, there's not much more to show. That pretty much sums up the change. The white pillars and triangular thing. I want to get the twins to children to make a full, magnificent, episode. But Charley Brown scrambled my little mind. Landgraab-Brown, or Brown-Landgraab? I can't decide. And it suits the brown house!

The child birthdays are close now. I think all traits are level 5 except thinking, for both girls. I'm vastly curious to see how alien they are. I want some pointiness. It would be a Disappointment if they weren't.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
I see.
So, I shall patiently await your next "full update."  *sits on hands
And how absolutely marvelous that Charley Brown popped up when you weren't even in scouting mode!

Looking forward to your forthcoming update so we can meet your girls as children!!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Landgraabs to the Max. Fame. And Fashion. And Fury.
« Reply #77 on: March 30, 2023, 07:24:46 AM »
Chapter 2 Part 2.

It turns out I've got 29 screenshots I want to add to this saga, so it's definitely going to be split -- and Part 3 will happen shortly hearafter. Maybe I'll take the twins, as children, into CAS and add that. I have, as I write this, seen Ros and Phoebe age up, but they're bald aliens in default alien outfits.

Look! Over there! The upstairs less formal lounge was refreshed with some items from the new pack.

When this was first built I had visions of it being a "long gallery" as was the style of 17the century country houses, and I think it misses that mark. It doesn't run the full length of the house for starters. To the left and below is the rich, luxurious, maximalist library.

Rosalind Landgraab, thoughtful (chaotic, destrcutive) toddler.

Of course, while the twins are toddlers their mum and dad are still pursuing many and varied aspirations. And leaving kids at home to be raised by magical daycare helps with their needs, and they -- the toddlers, not the adults -- also learn stuff.

So, of a Sunday evening, the first day of autumn, Herbert and Janelle went to the Starlight Accolades. It's not always about winning. It's sometimes abut not wanting to deal with toddler needs. And if they have the "light sleeper" quirk, they wake up! So much!

Herbert's restrained formal outfit.

Janelle was also here to place her star on the walk of fame, which she hadn't done yet.

That's one of the elusive autonomous selfies for the fame aspiration. Famous sims are objectively better than non-famous sims (and infamous sims), so not needing to maintain their fame is a huge benefit. But the biggest obstacle to Unstoppable Fame is the 3 selfies requirement. Pro tip is that your sim will often get asked for one or two selfies at a star tile placement ceremony. This was Janelle's 2nd, she needed one more for the goal.

Yes, the green haird man on the left is a breeding experiment. Once upon a time I found a ghastly sim on the gallery in a ghastly pose, El Chupacabra, and thought "I obvioulsy need this sim in my world". This is one of the offspring. Yes, sims can inherit unrealistic hair colours.

The Starlight Awards is always a family occasion when you have 20+ living global supertars. Christy was there!

And Kash won a Starlight!

Yup, Kash Landgraab. And I didn't even choose that. One of the more memorable Landgraabs so far. The furious looking host is the postman who was once considered a potential love interest for Maxine on account of his green eyes. He was not chosen, however, and evidently holds a grudge against anyone with the name Landgraab.

Oh yeah. We have toddlers somewhere. There they are.

Going through these pics, numbered in orderly fashion as you might imagine, I come to this next one and wondered what on earth the point was. I mean... the house looks identical to me. And then I realised no! This is the super renovated version! No really. There's a hundred useless changes at least, I was trying all sorts of things. Clearly I didn't think the house looked good, and now its fine?

The front of the house got the most noticeable change. An improvement. But you'll notice I didn't like one of the roof changes made above, and have changed it back here. No? Even I have to double-take, and scroll back and forth a few times.

And here's another adventure to get away from the toddlers with low needs who don't sleep.

We're actually visiting the bowling alley / bar in the background. I like that on the 40x30 lot, and then I put a gym from Spa Day on the 30x20. Herbert isn't bowling, he's eating and drinking.

Janelle was in the bar, however, because that's a good place to lurk and hope for fans to ask for selfies. This was her 3rd, which is a Big Deal.

There's a lot going on there. It's Bear Night, and that's Maxine.

Another gratuitous shot of the house. This is the first look the average townie, in a state of undress, has when running down the road.

Of course I'm here in Oasis Springs, and that can feel frustrating when there's a new world to look at. Very quickly there were some gallery builds for this 40x20 lot in San Sequoia, which I think is intended for a bar or resturant or café.

Janelle was now on the part of the fame aspiration that requires inciting cheers from adoring fans. I have at least 2 that I know of! But Janelle needs 25. And that's more. It was another adventure to many public lots, which was necessary for the aspiration, yes, but it was also timed to manage the needs of the twins. When they're bright and perky, stay home and feed 'em and play with 'em. When they're tired, go out on the town for fame.

The striking looking townie man in the centre of that picture is Brody McLean, Janelle and Christy's father. An alien townie with all the townie fashion. I suppose I could take him into CAS now and give him a makeover. The game will generate an alien form of course, and probably change his human disguise, but it doesn't matter now.

Janelle's globe trotting to incite cheers probably slowed down toddler raising slightly, but I was never too concered about running out of time to max skills.

And finally, a peaceful return to the brown house.

We've added a beehive just because I like the idea of honey cakes.

-----

Next part, which should follow soon, will have the girls around the yellow table again as toddlers. And they'll age up, and we'll encounter the Top Notch Toddler bug, and one really odd surprise that I'm not sure what to do with yet. --Not Charley Brown, something else.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Thank you for all the shots of your remodeled house from a distance!
I really enjoy seeing the entire lot at once and it is a marvelous sight--those white sections contrast so stunningly with the rest of the brown mansion.
It is a gorgeous, gorgeous house!

Herbert looks magnificent in his formal wear! With that hair, sunglasses, and monocles, you've transformed into a silver fox--such a unique sim!
A month from now, I might no recognize Janelle (though I recognized Maxine in the bowling alley), but I'll always remember Herbert!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
The house is just amazing! So much attention to detail. I am in awe.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
@Granny Lawlor

It's a fun house. I love the long shadows in the mornings, and the variety in height and texture that the back garden has. The first version of this was built to be placed in Sulani, on Sapphire Shores. Which explains why I needed a 50x50, and large back terrace to extend over the water. So there's a neglected twin of this! The beachfront lots don't have basements, and that's a big restriction.

@oshizu Totally.

Janelle is a bit generic. I s'pose that's fine too. On the whole, we humans all look roughly the same with arms and legs and wear generic things. Not everyone is Herbert!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Chapter 2 Part 3.

And we're back parenting.

The usual grind of toddler raising is first to "take off clothes" to get the energised moodlet, then using that mood to slide on the slide (that's just in the gallery, because it's a big house), then using the playful moodlet from the slide to get the most out of playing in the tent. Learning to think takes the longest, and the most involvement.

The twins were usually out of sync, most because Phoebe was a light sleeper, so having the two of them in matching sleepwear was a small triumph.

Family fame had sufficiently rubbed off onto Herbert for him -- former Father Winter -- to place a star on the Landgraab Walk of Fame.

He's so happy! The most famous Father Winter! None of this anonymity, no! Leave the cold behind, live in the desert with the aliens.

Not quite a gratuitous evening picture of Brown House, if you look carefully there's a paparazzo popping out from behind the purple tree. And that's the reason this is here.

And there is the strange thing I alluded to earlier.

That's a servo urn. A servo, name of Zeus, somehow visited and... died. Maybe Zeus was caught out by an autumn lightning storm, and ironically succumbed to a lightning bolt. Either way, a damp servo is a bad thing. I was elsewhere, didn't even know Zeus was on the lot until the camera take me away from teaching alien toddlers to think to watch this swirly, spirally animation I had never seen before. I've never seen a servo grave or urn in my own game before. So... what now? What does one do with Zeus? Obviously the thought of resurrecting him comes to mind. We've got potions of immortality that bring ghosts back, and can easily clone more. Science babies? Would that work with a servo? As of time of writing, Zeus's urn is still there in the hallway.

Time to blow out candles! Skills were maxed!

You can see the wild storm outside that killed Zeus through the window. It seemed the wrong weather for a party. No matter, as children they'll have slumber parties and whatnot. Pictured here is Phoebe.

But... no Top-Notch Toddler. Is this seriously still not fixed? Phoebe got creative.

Next up, Herbert carries Star Wars Rosalind to the cake. Note how all her skills are maxed out.

That's Phoebe signing up for Scouting. The real super-simming and trait collecting start in childhood. It'll get quite hectic now.

Rosalind got Lazy, and no Top-Notch Toddler either. I added that trait to both children with cheats. They had legitimately earned it.

It's the last day of fall now (that's for the Americans) (I know, it's super charitable and inclusive of me), and that all works out nicely as Ros and Phoebe will start school on Monday. I play with one week seasons and normal lifespan. I'm exactly that vanilla. Yes, Rosalind was a destructive toddler and it cost her some character growth! 4 traits in the red!

My strategy for completing 8 child aspirations per sim is to do the original 4 first. I did a quick test on another child (that sounds bad) and the new 4 are quite easy. Various goals require some minimum level in the child skills, which will be no obstacle at all if they're already completed the 4 "gifted" aspirations.

So the girls are starting with the mental one as is my norm. The goal is to clear the first level quickly, and then be on the second stage of the aspiration so that the first homework counts toward "doing homework while focused".

This was the moment Brody decided to invite himself over. Not when they were infants, not when they were toddlers. He comes to stay now. Dude.

As a side bar, the new confidence thing is overpowering. Ros and Phoebe are confident from everything it seems. So much so, that completing the basegame child aspirations is a pain now. Even while mom or dad helped with homework, that strong focused moodlet could not overpower the confidence they had from half a dozen other things. It's also hard to draw two pictures while inspired. It's hard to play on a jungle gym while playful. It's the weekend, they have half of Saturday and all of Sunday to do the first few steps on the aspirations... but can't until their confidence wears off. I had made no effort to pursue confidence at all. Those kids think they're princesses or something.

That Saturday evening, the girls experienced their first snow. It's very light, it's not going to blanket the ground or anything, but the house looked resplendent in the soft snowy light.

I hadn't paid any attention to this yet, but I now noticed that the girls did not have pointy alien ears. No matter, that's something to be fixed in CAS. For example, here's Phoebe:

Come on game, she's an alien. Human ears aren't even an option! So I gave Phoebe and Ros their preferred ears. They're not identical. Rosalind's ears are the more horizontal style directly to the left of Phoebe's. How do I shorten Phoebe? The name, not the sim. Are we really going to pretend these humble sims are fantastically egotistical divas? Yes? Oh. Okay. Wow, really though? That makes you think.

Phoebe first, then Rosalind:

At this point, I'm just throwing on clothes so they aren't in their alien bodysuits. I adore Phoebe's thick curly brunette casual hair. Maybe, with enough patience (and mum's frayed nerves) she could coax it into the Snowy Escape plait. Otherwise we chalk it up to alien magical technology. The girls have matching sleepwear again. That pink princess wannabe item. To help them with their confidence, or something. They probably need that.

Oh? No? Really? Wow. They're already really think they're special? I'm surprised because I can remember Maxine feeling insecure as a kid. Okay, I'll keep that in mind.

Rosalind has her uptight Batuu hair again. I'm not totally on board with it. It might change.

Exit Bunthorne.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
The girls are lovely as children!
I, too, always start with Whiz Kid but always have the parents do the "Read two hours to a child" task from the Family aspirations while the kids are toddlers.
And that works for Whiz Kid's "Read" task.
I don't understand the deal with the twins' over-confidence.  Because they're accomplishing so much?
My go-to is to plant two of the Selvadorada trees: If * plant one Cereberry and one Razzleberry (For the Scamp aspiration), I always end up with the rest of the emotional berries.

As for Top-Notch Toddler trait, I wonder if it's there but has turned into a hidden trait.
I keep meaning to check but immediately cheat the trait to my sims who earned it.  It's a knee-jerk reaction.

I know nothing about the four new childhood aspiration so I'm eager for your next update! 
(I'm taking a simming break so don't have the new pack yet.)
I take back what I said last time about Janelle.  She's definitely the most beautiful female alien I've ever seen.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
The Servo ghost will be interesting. Has it turned up yet? That's a new type of urn to me, one for @Rhoxi to aim for.
Yes, the over-confidence (from being mentored in and therefore winning chess games) making it hard to get Inspired and Playful for the other aspirations. I must make a note of that tip from @oshizu

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Bad news. Herbert is gone. Swish. Up in the clouds. Will dad ever come back? There's literally no way of knowing.

I'll do a full Episode shortly.

I over simmed in the lead up to Growing Together, in great preparation, and burned out on it -- in part without a vast amount of new content to latch my brain onto. Anywho, the girls are mostly through childhood. It's a Tuesday evening, and they'll be teens before next Monday so realistically 3 school days left as children to get as far in drama club as possible. We shrug, positively. We wish them luck. And obviously we hope they have a father! Who else will wear a towel? Exactly. We share these concerns.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Nooooo, not Herbert!
I have yet to have any of my sims attempt the four new childhood aspirations.
Looking forward to your tips and tricks on how to ace them!  :)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Will Herbert return?
Will he return with more than he left?
Those world-Famous celebs always try to steal the spotlight from the true princesses!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
@Granny Lawlor Good news! Herbert is back. The aliens let him go! I'm actually a little surprised he hasn't been abducted more often, because Janelle, Ros, Phoebe are all pure aliens.

@oshizu When I did my test prior to this adventure, I completed all 4 no problem. And they're very easy, easier than the basegame 4. But sleeping for 6 hours in the tree house (that's Phoebe going to do just that in the picture) doesn't complete. There's a bug report on that. It worked at launch. :/ The only one that benefits from a tiny bit of forward planning is the sleepover one. Have friendship bracelets ahead of time, before you throw a party. And then you can complete the whole thing in one event. Otherwise you have to take time off from telling stories or whatever to make the bracelet, and that's inefficient. I think Ros and Phoebe had one of every type!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
@Granny Lawlor Good news! Herbert is back. The aliens let him go! I'm actually a little surprised he hasn't been abducted more often, because Janelle, Ros, Phoebe are all pure aliens.

@oshizu When I did my test prior to this adventure, I completed all 4 no problem. And they're very easy, easier than the basegame 4. But sleeping for 6 hours in the tree house (that's Phoebe going to do just that in the picture) doesn't complete. There's a bug report on that. It worked at launch. :/ The only one that benefits from a tiny bit of forward planning is the sleepover one. Have friendship bracelets ahead of time, before you throw a party. And then you can complete the whole thing in one event. Otherwise you have to take time off from telling stories or whatever to make the bracelet, and that's inefficient. I think Ros and Phoebe had one of every type!
First of all, how fabulous that our favorite celebrity senior citizen is back in town!

I've thought of you a lot recently. I've been trying to find a replacement for The Ward Den (I don't/can't build in this style) and have tried downloading over a dozen different lots from the Gallery. I feel many of the Gallery builds are created for looks rather than playtested for gameplay. Your majestic mansions have everything: fantastic exterior, breathtaking interior (the indoor shots in the changing sunlight through the windows), and gameplay-efficient floorplan.  I'm so jealous!

Aaaanyway, thank so much for the friendship bracelet tip! We are at the newborn stage in game so childhood's a ways off, but I shall store the sleepover tip carefully until the time comes.
Looking forward to Phoebe and Rosalind's playthrough of their childhood years!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Landgraabs to the Max. Star Childs.
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2023, 01:33:00 PM »
Thank you. :) I enjoy playing in them, I want to be thrilled by the house because that's what keeps a long save going. And there's often a bit of quirkiness, and I'm not sure if others would accept the compromises I make. I just got good at decorating boxes. The Ward Den is 50x40? The house I've got in Newcrest would fit there. Twin Oracle Point. Neo classical, more of a modern vibe inside.

As I write, it's the last day of the twins as children, and they've got teeth falling out all over the place. I know there was that bug, I hope it really is fixed. Anywho.

_____

Chapter 2. Part 4.

Lettuce begin on the first full day of childhood. Top Notch Toddler + Top Notch Infant + New Skill Day. Just after midday, Phoebe has maxed her creativity skill while starting her creativity aspiration.

And some time after midnight, Ros has maxed all her child skills. Already.

And unlike grandma Maxine who was a mildly insecure sausage, assuring us she wasn't smart enough, Ros and Phoebe have no such qualms. This is the confidence problem.

It's hard to overpower that to do homework while focused, even in this house. But when the confidence was super high it was always possible to switch to another activity, and childhood progressed smoothly.

Ros and Phoebe now each have their own (giant) bedrooms.

This one in the east wing hadn't been used for a while, and got a makeover with a lot of HSY things. I'm such a fan of the bed, but it is a cheap one. Herbert is seen here upgrading the beds which obviously makes a massive difference to energy recovery, but Phoebe (this is her room - Ros has the red one that was their nursery as infants / toddlers) has nevertheless complained of having a cheap bed. A little too entitled, miss! I know you're a Landgraab, but come on. (And Phoebe is the nice one! Not to tease a big reveal later on, but Rosalind has some... suboptimal... character traits.)

The girls joined scouting as soon as they aged up, as evidenced by Phoebe in her uniform. I think this properly belongs to the Sunday before they started school. It's out of sequence. Let's call it a flashback.

Elsewhere, Janelle learned yoga so she can teleport to the roof to clean it from lightning strike scorches.

And Herbert spent some time in the dumpster.

See! He found a lovely bicycle... that he rode into the kitchen! That's obviously what he was doing in the dumpster! There's no other explanation.

But if you were to ask who that other sim is -- clearly another bicycle enthusiast -- it's Danielle Holding. I think she was a roommate of Maxine at university, and... no, I don't know why she's in a towel. Or I won't say. It's one of the two. Obviously there's sauna, but you knew that.

Obligatory Winterfest pic!

And it's also a good day to work on some aspiration milestones. This completed the "become bffs" requirement for both of them, I always wanted it this way. Sure they could befriend someone in the park instantly, but that won't do. They've also had a few deep interactions and they are officially "close" in the new Growing Together system thinggum. I still have no idea who the heir is.

Uh... new Father Winter is an interesting chap.

The basegame 4 child aspirations were now done for both girls. At record speed, even. The new aspirations were queued up. I knew I'd have to have the treehouse where the fountain normally is so that was removed, and rose bushes were dug up. But before the treehouse was delivered the following day while the kids were at school, dad put up a splash pad which was a big hit. It is still winter, but kids are dumb tough, and it's a mild evening here in the desert.

When the treehouse was built, Janelle and Herbert had to test how robust their handiwork was.

That Friday evening, so the end of the first school week for the girls, they had a slumber party. Once that gets queued up, it immediately completes the first part of the aspiration. Then the girls exchange friendship bracelets, and just like that we're already on the next stage of the aspiration which is to tell stories from the sleeping bag at such a party. (Any skill requirements are irrelevant to Ros and Phoebe who maxed them all so quickly, and had already completed the basegame 4 aspirations.) I thought I might have to have two slumber parties, because they each have to tell 3 stories, and that eats up time while almost no other party goals were completed.

And there they are, telling stories. Other guests were invited, but set up in the dining room, and were playing computer games. We had completed very little in the way of party goals, but when we said it was "time for bed" that counted for so much progress it took us all the way to gold. So that whole aspiration was done in one event.

With more aspirations to juggle, school projects took a back seat. There wasn't a whole lot of time for them, and they aren't remotely necessary for Ros or Phoebe to get good grades or raise skills.

Yup, Janelle is in her underwear but sims are forever in their sleepwear. Cool. This is the less formal lounge (there are three in the house if you include the library), and is the space designated for projects. Janelle is doing the parenting aspiration and helping with projects completes that goal. I also thought it would help with the "scholarly aptitude" scouting badge. Both girls needed progress there, especially Rosalind, and so they all made a solar system. Perhaps I was misremembering. Having a parent help with homework is the best way to get that badge quickly, and that's what ended up happening. Ultimately, I'm not sure the project achieved what I wanted. But I always like having stuff made by my sims around the house, so it's all good.

I'm sure the last two scouting badges I get are always "good deeds" and "get fit".

Phoebe on the left, Ros on the right. For "get fit", dancing for half an hour seems to be enough for one level. And that's what they're doing here. I usually play it safe and let them dance for about 45 minutes, then cancel it. They both have decided they have a Passion for dancing.

This is the state of Rosalind's traits about 9 days into the child stage.

Empathy and emotional control are not doing well. She's mean to her sister sometimes, and it's taking extra effort to get all traits positive. On the plus side, her conflict resolution is much better than Phoebe's. Phoebe's character traits are all green, she has good empathy. She's an angel. But hasn't got into as much conflict, nor resolved it, and her skill at conflict resolution is much lower than Rosalind's. So there's an interesting balance between the twins and maybe their infant and toddler stages have affected their later development. I'm spending their satisfaction points in the same way. That's the same for both of them. Their "main" traits are of course different. Rosalind is lazy, and Phoebe is creative.

Riding a bike for 4 hours seemed like something that was a bad fit for our small desert neighborhood of two lots. So the family went to the coffee shoppe. The girls could ride around a lot more easily.

San Sequoia is beautiful. The sunsets are amazing. But I'm one who doesn't need the world to entertain me with dozens of lots, and I happily bounce around all worlds, and tend to have a lot of activities on the home lot.

While Herbert was having his photo taken, a different paparazzo noticed Janelle.

And I love the expression on the paparazzo's face. That's why this is here.

With bike riding done, which completes "Creative Genius", the remaining aspirations were "Mind and Body" and "Playtime Captain". Avoiding negative need moodlets for 12 hours just takes good sim management, easily done.

That left only the infamous treehouse. It's pretty, but it blocks the view.

Two sims can't sleep there at the same time, so the girls took turns. But no matter how much they slept there that aspiration milestone didn't trigger. After finding an open bug report, I did use aspirations.complete_current_milestone and with that, completed all 8 aspirations for both girls.

On the Tuesday in Spring, the twins completed their scouting badges and signed up for Drama Club. A promotion a day would see them reach level 4, but it doesn't work out like that. They both reached level 3 of drama on Friday, their last school day as children.

Much effort is now put into raising character traits as high as possible before aging to teen. (We're quite excited about that.) 

Conflict resolution in particular is better to have maxed out as a child. A teen will usually get enough chance cards while at school to raise it, but it's no guarantee. So although Rosalind has some bad streaks in her, she's higher in the trait that matters the most. Yes, Love Day was a disaster for everyone.

Phoebe Landgraab, child, 18 traits (with about 3000 spare points).

Days to aging up: 0

Exit Bunthorne.

anything