Author Topic: Landgraabs to the Max. Superlative, satisfactory, maximalist super-sims?  (Read 35970 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Thanks for explaining. They are both lovely. I look forward to seeing how they get on.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
Landgraabs to the Max. Fine! As you like it, have a prologue!
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2023, 11:34:14 AM »
Chapter Two (chapter two referring to the whole epic new supersim tale, chapter one being the HSY saga with Maxine) Part 1 will happen eventually, but this is to tie up loose ends and bridge the gap.

That rather awkward title is because of the names of the kids. Plural. Um. Yeah. Mistake? Luck? I wanted a lone single wonder child because that's just easier to manage. I'll have to double check lot trait. I don't think I've got Ley Line any more? Hmm. Without loading up, you dear reader and I are in the same epistemological Desert of Uncertainty. But I didn't want two kids, and got two kids. And for posh, snobby reasons, we've landed up on names from As You Like It, a stage experience in three dimensions written by an English chap a while ago called William. This is mainly because I'll get to quote my fav line from the play (which may or may not be the only line I remember) "I pray you do not fall in love with me, for I am falser than vows made in wine. Besides, I like you not." And it'll be a matter of suspense and excitement as to when this marvelous line will drop. I'm getting ahead of myself, but it seemd charitable to explain the As You Like It bit. It's a pun. There's effort there.

So Finnegan, briefly of this parish, used his degree to make robot stuff.

Christy is all amazement. She was the unlucky sausage who had to do all the football practice to get that done and unlocked. Janelle did chess. I don't need to include the first pic, but it's here for the blank look on Finn's face. One makes these decisions.

Moving along.

I had resolved not to comment, but you've already noticed Finn in his sleepwear with hearts, and yes, he fully committed to his role in the household. It is what it is! Just a fun pic of the special alien greeting that obviously the twins can do.

Finnegan, having made the ExoMech suit -- I decided one was enough -- married his townie next to the pool, and moved out to Britechester. He's was nice, but she's evil, and we're well rid of them.

He did belong to the house long enough to become a global superstar (if you immediately thought "that's for the woohooing I guess?" you're not supposed to think that), and is the 19th star I've added to the walk of fame in this save. I didn't take pictures, but later on Christy becomes superstar #20. Janelle hasn't placed her star yet.

Teen aspirations...

... and then Winterfest. This is a big moment. This is when we get to meet a new Father Winter.

Maxine greets Herbert Eastman, and turns him into a spellcaster.

In my experience in other saves, it's perfectly fine to move a Father Winter into the household and manually make him a spellcaster. He doesn't lose the ability to pass on the special trait. SuperMax however has the ability, so, why not.

That is Mr Eastman's casual outfit... I guess. Later on I'll move him in and change things up a bit. He's going to be the father of the super-special 11th gen. Lets hope there's no weird chin under that beard.

A few pics from the girls' teen years. Christy still practicing football. *exhale* Also teasing one her school besties on prank day, because I can't resist an earned trait.

Both Janelle and Christy got the "Authentic Prankster" trait. This was just before aging to young adult. They had a week left as teen, but both wre obviously A students and had completed 3 or the 4 teen aspirations. I don't even think about Live Fast any more.

As a sidebar, aliens are awesome. These well-raised superstars in a popular club obviously insta-friend anyone and everyone. This is a problem when you have to have an enemy rival... but not for an alien who can erase memories. Maxine ran into a bit of a roadblock when her rival was someone she was close friends with -- inevitable and unavoidable because befriending 10 teens at high school is a requirement for another aspiration, and my sims are so friendly. In short, since HSY, aliens are the best sims to raise in this super-sim way.

With Janelle a viable young adult, who is this enticing man with too much blush? Why, it's Herbert Eastman!

Let's add him to the club and find a romantic lighthouse!

This is because, as many people know (probably everyone reading this), there's a special -- useless -- hidden lighthouse conception trait. And for this most special sim (it'll just be one, right game? You won't do anything like give me twins again right?), 11th gen Landgraab needs the special traits. Of course, there's no guarantee the child will be alien. That's a coin toss. I'm sure it'll have human skin colour if it is, but there's a 50% chance of a spellcaster with a weak bloodline. If that's the case, as special as Humphrey might be, he wouldn't be the heir. Inheritance rules are quite sensible and calm: I WANT AN ALIEN FATHER WINTER'S BABY. So, no pressure guys.

In a dramatic twist, Herbs was added to the family. Slimmed down, and straightened up. Hashtag #nopear.

He has some wonderfully charismatic outfits in other categories that hopefully we'll get to see more of. :) Handlebar mo, slicked back hair. Great / cringe style aside, Fathers Winter make really good parents. The glutton trait isn't ideal, but he comes out the box, from the factory, with maxed parenting.

And... twins?!?!? girls??!!

1. They are aliens! (gasp)
2. I searched for "snobby names female", suitable for my dear Landgraabs. One was Rosalind. I thought, sure. I like that. It brings back memories of English lit, and I can use my one line. This is great. So I type in Rosalind. And then it turns out there's another child, so I looked up characters in As You Like It -- of course I've forgotten them -- to find another name. She's Phoebe. I can't remember if these are good or bad characters. These are my confessions.

So two sims is not what I intended, but they'll have to both be super. I'm not compromising any of my sims. The True and Complete Adventures of Rosalind and Phoebe, the Daughters of Fate will therefore start in the next update. Thank you all so much for watching, and good night!
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Good gracious, what a glorious start!
LOL! The made-over Herbert with his sleazy tache exudes the vibe of 1970s Hollywood.  I love it!
Actually, Herbert looks pretty snazzy in that hair--I never use it but you and Herbert make it work!
I laugh that he wears those cheesy sunglasses even while sporting but a towel!

First of all, on the subject of unexpected multiples, one of my Not So Berry sims had triplets without the Fertile trait, the Only Ley Line lot trait, or a fertility massage. 
Your sims, on the other hand, having twin girls twice in a row pose quite the coincidence.
If any simmer can over-the-top-supermax twin creatures, it would be you, Heart Foam!

So many questions.
First of all, how does Fame rank affect a sim's success rate at woohoo?  Easier to get other sims to agree?
And what? A sim gains a secret (though useless) trait from being conceived in a lighthouse?  Tell us more!
Haha, you doing a Google search for snobby female names.  It's so you!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
But a towel!

I laugh so much at Herbert's sleepwear. Herb, in general, is a fun sim now. You can imagine how elegant and restrained his party and formal looks are. I was looking for the awful gold jacket (unlocked either from the stylist or trend setter career?), which apparently we don't have. It's an obvious goal for Herbert.

A sim -- like Ros or Phoebe! -- will get a +2 happy "Oddly Reminiscent" moodlet when visiting the lighthouse. I wonder if there's some connection to Virginia Woolf's To the Lighthouse. It's a thought I have. That's all it is, a moodlet, and it's useless. But it's there, and these sims have it. We embrace uselessness.

Oof. Unexpected triplets is a lot. I was a little bit torn in how much I should try for multiples. Sometimes with these special sims you get two aliens + 1 regular from triplets. (Or vice-versa, right?) The point is both aliens and regular sims are live options. And having that extra roll of the dice makes it that much more likely that you get the sim you want. On the other hand, two kids with 8 aspirations each is a lot, and that pushed me to not wanting multiples. But we roll with it. I love the name Phoebe, I'm a nerd, and it'll be grand. Assuming they've got the Father Winter's Baby trait, the two most unique, most eligible sims... ever. And a special mom and dad too. It's a wonderful family. 

The mundane explanation is Finnegan became famous because of using the streaming drone, and living in a house with 5-star celebs. Using the family club with all the perks unlocked, and woohoo as an activity, is why he or any sim can just walk up to a passing townie, invite them to the club and a quick dive for thrills. But it's nevertheless true his tab of romantic relations has more names than for most. So he's famous, and woohooed everything that walked past. Both are true, but not quite the case that the one caused the other. And now he's in the public consciousness, the fact he's rose to that prominence for a brief associations with the Landgraabs or designing a hover suit isn't relevant. Like, the average sim at the Starlight Awards would see Finnegan and only have one association. He's the woohoo guy. :/ It's fitting an evil woman decided to be a gold digger. She got nearly $1m for her troubles. (And they'll probably make gorgeous kids.)
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
I've read over your past several episodes and, I must confess, remain puzzled about Finnegan's actual role in the household.
Besides crafting that ExoMech suit, that is.  You had him seeking out and woohooing all the alien townies? 
Unless he's an alien, doesn't that result in alien hybrids?  Or was, unbeknownst to me, Finnegan a full-blooded alien?
Or were Finn & Maxine engaged in populating your simverse with eligible townies?  #stillconfused
What will happen in Finnegan's wake?

Thank you for explaining about Finnegan, fame, and woohoo as well as about lighthouse woohoo.
Oh, I remember I was formerly deep in sim-love with Maxine's father.  Is he still alive?
Eagerly looking forward to your next installment!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
They were looking for aliens. There's a notification that says something like "during his amorous activities, Finnegan discovered [townie] is an alien!". Woohoo is one way to find them, another would be the upgraded satellite dish. The complicated goal is to get pregnant by an alien that doesn't have an alien body, only a disguise. Finnegan was only being used for discovery of aliens.

1. Any alien that you've met in their alien form is no good.
2. Finding a townie alien and then opening that sim in CAS is no good.

Max's dad. Hmm. Alistair? All Sims in the main family are immortal and are moved out somewhere else. But alive. And with story progression, tend to have more children.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Ooooooh, now I get it!
I was wondering why, among all possible townies, you would pick Finnegan.
Turns out his looks, life state, personality traits, etc. didn't matter--he was there to uncover disguised aliens. 
I understand now. #feelsdense
Thanks for taking the time to explain--I was seeing all the dots but couldn't quite connect them. ;-)

I went back to previous episodes starting Maxine and, yes, I was referring to her father Alistair.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
No worries. It's not like we're meant to have such sims, and it took yonks to figure out what caused them.

It seems there's a Top Notch Infant trait now, and obviously that's part of the super-sim goals for the humaliens. :)

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Landgraabs to the Max. Infantly good?
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2023, 06:41:27 AM »
Chapter 2. Part 1. The True and Complete Adventures of Rosalind and Phoebe, the Daughters of Fate

-----

This won't be very long, but inasmuch as this is about the infants, and infants are topical, I felt like writing this up now and it'll include my thoughts.

Maxine and Christy live here now.

That's a gallery house from PlumbobKingdom on the 40x50 Michaelson lot. They are still in the neighborhood, but at a different house. Gallery houses often do not survive contact with actual sims. BUT! It feels appropriately Landgraab. Sidebar: should Christy and Kyle Kyleson be a couple?

Back in Oasis Springs, the large red bedroom in the west wing was been turned into a large nursery for the girls. Upgrades to the cribs and changing station will make a big difference.

When the twins were aged up I took random traits. Rosalind got Sunny, and Phoebe got wiggly.

In the times when he wasn't parenting (and a former Father Winter as a perent is a solid choice, would recommend for the 'super-efficient baby care') he was becoming famous. Janelle's 5-star fame will make it easy for him to be famous too.

I'm thinking of one of the twins adopting some of dad's style. I'm not too sure how that would look, and I'm open to all suggestions. Having such a father would leave an impression.

And then I aged up Phoebe with cake. And Rosalind, who was asleep at the time, was aged up a few hours later. --So Phoebe is now the older sister. They're taking turns!

"Wait, what? Haven't you skipped... everything?"

Not really. Phoebe hated being held, and now as a toddler she loves it. Ros had some quirks too, I'm sure. I was using the infant playmat, milestones were happening.

Testing new foods in the high chair on an infant -- like the coolest, cutest part -- only happens when an infant can sit up. Fair enough. It's worth pointing out that without the expansion pack, you can get to the more adorable, fulfilling part from the start. With Rosalind and Phoebe, well, they never got to learn new foods in the high chair at all. And grinding through more motor skill milestones to get there to test a mashed up fruit? I'm just not going to do that when they're already getting moodlets showing how loved and cared for they are. That's the clue that they'll get Top-Notch Infant on aging up. I saved, just in case, but my precaution wasn't needed. Both girls are indeed Top-Notch Infants without being able to sit up, without going near solid food. In fact, both girls were still totally immobile. They couldn't move themselves at all. Top-Notch? Really? My infant experience before the expansion, and I only speak for myself, was better. I enjoyed that more. Now the cute stuff is a bit too out of reach, and happens a bit too late. I'm not convinced they've got this balanced quite right.

Milestones are so common that I already don't care for them and I minimize them. Being so common they have no value. UI clutter. The thought of keeping the girls as infants to get those milestones didn't motivate me this time. Maybe it will another time!

Phoebe, as a toddler, in the highchair.

One detail I love is how the cribs can be turned into toddler beds.

Afternoon sun upstairs.

Some of the pub games have been removed for the sake of a tent and a slide. They're a little bit hidden.

Goals for infants were reached, and we're into the toddler stage! Every stage only gets more and more complex for raising the twins completely. The child stage doesn't seem too bad, even when completing all aspirations. (I've done a test with a treehouse on the roof of Nookstone, the obvious first place to try this -- glorious views from up there though!) They'll have to be be full of confidence too. There's a least 5 new traits for chlidren compared to what I'd normally get. And I'll also do the teen stage better than I did with Maxine. We'll be aiming for Valedictorian and Honours (I ussume they can't both be Valedictorians), and while totally unnecessary, I know it's possible to do the mixology certificate as a teen in high school. Juice! Fun!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
First of all, the house looks amazing.  I love how you take shots at different times of the day to showcase how the light plays across various rooms.
Haha, after reading that your infants both earned the Top-Notch Toddler trait, I googled the trait which took me to Reddit where I saw a post from you.  LOL!
Great job on raising Top-Notch Toddlers!

I don't blame you for not wanting to grind the Motor skill for a few milestones.  I've always disliked the high chair.
Hmmm, I have no personal memories of ever being or seeing a high chair as a youngster.  High chairs were definitely not common among Japanese households in my day.

Anyway, I think it's rather nice that not having the GT gameplay gives a more fun (i.e., less grindy) infant experience.
Much of the good infant gameplay and new features are locked behind the GT pack, so at least GT-less infants can do some things easier.
Not sure how I feel about the milestones (I haven't bought the pack yet) if they're just for show.

Your de-pearing of Herbert removes my last obstacle to marrying Father Winter. I've only had one sim marry him and then I lived in fear of pear-shaped offspring.
As teens, they weren't pears but aged up with elderly wrinkles which I promptly removed in CAS.

If it's not too much trouble, I/we would love to see screenshots of the twins' traits at the toddler and infant stages!
By the way, I had two teens who got the "on the way to becoming Valedictorian" notice.
The one who aged up to YA first got Valedictorian and the second teen got Graduate with Honors.
I considered waiting until Sunday to age up the second teen so she could be Valedictorian, too, but I knew I'd be wrapping up my challenge before she could attend graduation ceremony.

Sorry for the loooong comment. Looking forward to Ros and Phoebe's further growth!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
As you like it! :)

Toddler Ros:

Toddler Phoebe:

I certainly notice the "light sleeper" quirks. And for them to both have it! I think reading them to sleep and tucking them in helps a bit. All I have is anecdotes for that, not cold hard data digging.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
I wanted to reply with a witty As You Like It quote, but nothing actually fit.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the screenshots!
Now, when the twins earn their gazillion traits as children (besides Top-Notch Toddler), I'll be able to tell which are the new children's traits.

Destructive and Hates to Be Carried?  Rosalind's growing up into quite the handful, isn't she?

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
*exhale* Yes! One feels for mom and dad. Rosalind constantly breaks the dollhouse, which upsets her more delicate and intellectual sister. And that's personality the player can lean into. (Janelle and Herbert both have a lot of skills that help, so they're fine. There are a few Unassuming Candy Jars in case energy gets low. But I can see infants and toddlers being quite a lot to handle for parents straight out of CAS.)

On the weekend, the house had it's nost lengthy update to the exterior in yonks, and looks basically the same! There's a few pics of that to include next. Well, not quite the same. I put back the Palladian front and that is obviously noticeable, and it ties in with the back more. A ton of roof details were changed too. Inside, the informal lounge where kids do school projects has a GroTO makeover, and looks bee-youtiful. Lobby light for a fancy hotel? Pfft. The Landgraabs have so many simoleons they use that light in the casual lounge.

I think the only place for the treehouse is where the fountain is, which is going to look interesting. :) A slide into the duck pond.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Charley Brown?!?!?!

Not to start plotting future spouses or anything...

And that's the new Palladian facade. More pop, more curb appeal.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Oh please, that single screenshot that cuts off both sides of the facade barely satisfies the curiosity of your adoring fans!
Hmmph!

Seriously, though, several screenshots of the facade (at least one from a distance) would be much appreciated. :)

anything