Author Topic: Landgraabs to the Max. Superlative, satisfactory, maximalist super-sims?  (Read 35955 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Landgraab to the Max. A superlative, satisfactory, maximalist super-sim?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2022, 04:26:47 PM »
Early graduation trait gives you a leg up when getting a job. I haven't really noticed if it stacks with Connections. @oshizu has just had a sim with the trait plus a degree go into the scientist career at a high level so might have thoughts on this.

Common knowledge about career perks:
A in high school: start a career at L3
Connections reward trait: start a career at L4
Uni soccer team: start Pro Athlete at L5
Regular/Distinguished degree w/wo honors: start a career at a range from L6 to L8, depending on the career, degree, and GPA

The tooltips from two teen aspirations promise a career boost but I haven't play-tested to see how they work yet.
Goal Oriented's Highflier reward trait: grants increased success in future careers, especially in the Business career path.
Admired Icon's Iconic reward trait: gives you a boost in Internet careers as an adult, such as Video Game Streaming or becoming a Simfluencer.

Edited to add:
My Gen3 NSB heir, Weaver, joined Astronaut/Space Ranger at Level 8, thanks to a degree in Physics.
He earned the Highflier reward trait as a teen but never bought Connections. 
Just now checked my game and he's offered Level 3 entry into the Business and Salaryperson career.  Not sure what that "increased success" means. Faster promotions or higher wages?

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
Landgraab to the Max. Private School.
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2022, 11:14:01 AM »
The Maximized Early Teen Days of Miss Maxine

In today's episode: Alistair gets juiced, Max gets some food, and Brielle gets forgotten

We start with a glorious summer morning. The last summer morning. Max writes in her journal. For this picture, I've skilfully hidden the floating outdoor light behind a pillar! Now no one knows!

Concerning Maxine, this day is spent with much saying sorry, the doctor playset, and emotional control -- diary, piano, violin.

What?! Not smart enough. I'm obviously doing this wrong if you fail to see how brilliant you are Maxine.

After her piano recital of a Chopin etude, technically flawless (obviously) but lacking expression (omg! She's just a kid, it's fine! Stop judging her!) she started doubting herself. She's her own worst critic. The kid that has maxed all child skills, has level 6 in piano and 4 in violin... battles with her homework. Apparently. What homework is this? Does she need to intimately understand the stall characteristics of the floor of a Formula 1 car? Come on, Max, be kind to yourself. You know stuff! To avoid this inferiority complex in the future, I think there's nothing else for it: we shall have to choose optimal skilling traits for this sadly incompetent child! No worries Max, you're gonna know stuff. All the knowing.

By that evening, Max had done a lot of character development. (Edit: Oh, and she dislikes yellow.) 

I felt it was time to age up to teen. She'd be a teen at Sunday's awards, and start school on Monday. This pleases my neat, orderly soul more than starting midweek. I can't find any indication of a child being able to win a Starlight Accolade, and she hadn't yet been nominated for any of her videos. So there's that. --Children do lack options for nominations, understandably. And normal lifespan doesn't allow me to experiment. I have absolutely had a child get nominated in the past though.

At about 11pm on Saturday, the same cake that was used for her previous birthday (made to last, very impressive build quality) was dusted off and she aged up to teen.

It's not Landgraab Chic™, but I take the hint from the shirt that she'd like to be in the computer club. Noted. As promised, to mollify the fears of mental ineptitude, she's gone for some skill boosting traits. A knowledge aspiration for Quick Learner, and Overachiever for more learning. And she'll quickly complete two aspirations -- Mansion Barron and Fab Wealth -- for points she spends on Savant, Morning Sim, and Night Owl. Just a little bit of skilling. Which obviously combines with the family club which has every perk, Top Notch Toddler, all the childhood reward traits, and gold scouting.

Aging up also brought Max within a whisker of level 3 fame. She immediately starts a stream with the drone, and heads to the kitchen. She's going to make one meal to get her to at least level 4 cooking, because she's peckish, and then make diet ice cream. As a chef, her mother has maybe overeaten once or twice, especially at festivals to unlock new recipes.

That single tortilla wrapped veggie dog took her all the way to level 9, and nearly level 10.

And while eating, which she streamed (the world is pretty weird, right?), she reached level 3 fame. It goes without saying she has a pristine reputation from all those friendly greetings as a child.

... and reached global stardom after selling two violins. She's unlocked Easy Street, and also Instant Besties. Her overachiever trait carries a penalty to making friends, a big part of one of the aspirations, but her fame perk can overcome this. All the strategy! It was important to get her to this level of fame before school.

Having maxed cooking already with the ice cream, she flew back to her bedroom on a broom. That's just how this house works.

Saturday was all character development, Sunday was spent trying to get a nomination before 6pm. A bit of cloud gazing for inspiration, then many hours in the fame room.

She maxed -- oh my gosh that's so similar to her name! -- media production. Obviously. But you can't flood the airwaves with multiple song releases. It was 'outstanding' quality, but no nomination. And no nomination for her beauty tips vid either. Meanwhile, her dad was writing a motivational book about Going Commando. This is both a bestseller, and nominated for an award.

We're not going to the awards in a townie outfit, so finally, a trip to CAS. Here is Maxine Landgraab, and her big blue eyes, as a teen:

No cas.fulleditmode magic at all. No structural changes to her face at all. If I flip between Max and Brielle quickly, they're actually quite different. Maxine definitely gets some of the face shape from her dad. The bridge of her nose looks like someone punched it in with a blunt object, a bit like Alistair's -- no offense to his big fan base -- but not gonna change a thing. That athletic outfit pic at the top is without makeup.

Max gets Sloane's autograph. Given that she wasn't going to win anything, she spent much of her time outside the theatre gossiping and pranking distant family members. 

Inside, (and I admit I had neglected Alistair for a bit while doing aspiration stuff with Max), things weren't going so well. He didn't win an award, and had spent the evening drinking at the bar, and clearly needs the bathroom.

And then it was school.

I wasn't kidding about private school.

Day 1 involved a lot of making friends and being mean on social media. Max even tried to prank someone's locker, but it backfired. Yes, hers is the preppy one on the left. Fun fact: Molly Prescott (middle pic, far table) is still a teen and still at school. I suspect special coding.

After school is still drama club, and Max reached Junior Artiste (this girl doesn't blink enough, there are more unnerving pics like this) and received a Drama Club Accolade...

... which sits on top of her desk.

She then immediately quits drama club to make room for detention the next afternoon. As you do. One strives to get in trouble as quickly as possible! (don't quote me on that)

-----

Aspirations are going fine. She's started to get some Social Bunny followers, but it's too soon for me to know whether that 250 follower requirement is bugged for her or not. I'm also hoping that because of the dozens of friends she has, that getting a party invite (on the weekend?) will go smoothly. I've renovated the ground floor bathrooms to have sneaky windows. "I'll be out in a minute mom, I swear!"

On Friday or Saturday of her sim week it'll be a good time to go into some depth about where she is, and what she has to do still. (Hysterically, she's already got the graduate early option, but obviously won't take it.)
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2022, 01:48:23 PM »
Max aged up into a teen with fabulous looks!
She has been busily and skillfully been making great progress in all of her Watcher's lofty goals.   She's killing it!
Wow, practically maxing Cooking after one veggie dog!

When she's sitting at her desk, what are all those rectangular things on the wall above her desk?  Are they selfies with different filter colors?
I don't know how Social Bunny follower system works, except that followers are gained from both Social Bunny and Trendi (which I mostly avoid).
Fingers crossed she gets a pre-prom party invite!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2022, 05:49:32 PM »
It's a swatch of Artistic Assembly. $65! This collection has it all! My decor skills are that extensive. If we're looking at the same thing, it's a simlish faux periodic table, which of course doesn't at all resemble the elements collection, which is another faux periodic table. If Max can make sense of the contradictory world she's in, power to her.

So much happens in such a short space! This is a mere 3 days of her life. I'm fairly keen to get some of the aspirations out of the way, because I'm forgetting to switch when I need to. Max twice did homework without it counting. I can't afford to make that mistake too often. But... there are three weeks of high school. It's the party invite that bothers me. Some people haven't completed it in 30 sim weeks.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2022, 01:54:56 AM »
Amazing progress for her first teen week (cheers and trumpet-blowing)
That Graduate Early offer comes too quickly in my opinion. I think they should have an A for at least 3 days before it comes.
I guess you've checked which teen Aspirations can be completed whether or not you've graduated. You still get to go to prom each Sat night...

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2022, 10:35:43 AM »

Wow, and here I thought I was in to making supersims. Clearly you are on a whole 'nother level!! I love hearing about all of Max's achievements. And she's pretty to boot! Do sims have to be born with freckles, or can you add them (and where)? I've never had a freckled sim.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2022, 10:57:15 AM »
She was *born* with freckles! Alistair has freckles too, harder to notice unless he's up close. It never used to be the case that they could be inherited, but here they are. I didn't add them. As a child her freckles were full face, harder to notice on a downsized .jpg, and I nearly changed them when she was a kid.

The gameplay has got ahead of the story here, because so much happens so quickly. So I'll have to keep writing it up regularly. After two weeks in high school I'm starting to worry about some aspirations. The progression in computer club is so slow. I haven't figured out the 'rival' thing yet. I think her rival will be in the chess club? So things have slowed down a bit. Harvestfest was... something.

Maxine is glitched right now. I cannot click on her to self-interact. Her parents can "invite in" like she's visiting. After school one day she could no longer use the front door, and had to sneak into her own house through the bathroom window. So, there's that. I'll move her to another household, then move her back and hope all will be well.

Exit Bunthorne.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2022, 04:14:26 PM »
Oh no! Those are crazy glitches. Hope your strategies work

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2022, 05:19:12 PM »
Max's rival will appear in whichever after-school club she's joined.
My teens switched clubs and had a corresponding switch in Rivals.

Max's after-school clubmates will be described in their Profile as "Teammate (Computer)" or something like that.
If you check Max's relationship panel, her Club Rival typically has a small red sliver and will be described as Rival in their Profile.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Landgraab to the Max. Aspirational Max!
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2022, 07:24:33 PM »
I found the rival! The side-effect of Instant Besties and max charisma is that she had a full friend bar with her rival Fredrick. So... there'll be fair bit of drama there.

-----

Aspirational Max

In this thrilling update to Miss Landgraab's maximally great teenage years: Brielle gets remembered, Max gets overworked, and Max makes a friend.

A very rainy Copperdale. But one has no choice. Thunderstorm or not, 3am or not, we're working on the aspiration. One of the early requirements of Drama Llama is to mess around in the cuddle carts, and there's no point delaying. To speed things along, Max joined the succinctly named club "Quick Woohoo" that already existed in the save to get Father Winter's Babies -- look, one does this sort of thing for efficiency -- and overthrew the leader. She made the club teens only.

Max had fewer options than she thought for messing around in the cuddle carts in a thunderstorm at 3am. This is unfathomable.

Molly volunteered. Super kind. --This romance doesn't lead anywhere, but she and Max become inseparable bffs. (Future me cutting in, Molly did age up into a young adult, so not some infinite teen coding. My hunch was wrong.) This at least cleared the first level of requirements for Drama Llama.

Day 2 was spent getting in trouble.

Her teacher, who she's friends with, couldn't understand what had come over her to skip class.

With her (hopefully) only detention served, Max signed up for an after-school activity: streamer. Oh, wait, that doesn't count. With her (hopefully) only detention served, Max also signed up for computer club. This made for an exhausting schedule, but the candy jar on her desk would help her through. ('Rally the Troops' is great, but it raises the energy of everyone in the club, and I don't need Alistair and Brielle up all night, so I rarely used it.)

This obviously saddens Molly, or she's tired. Fair enough.

Max started getting more involved with Trendi and Social Bunny. She checked the hot trend, bought 5 outfits of that trend, and listed them for sale.

She rather liked this pink one, which is as well, because it took the place of her sleepwear in a curious bug. I think visiting CAS cured that, but she slept with those shoes on for a few nights.

Harvestfest was buggy too, and we'll get to that, but Alistair waved at his wife! He remembers her! She was basically missing from the previous episode.

The bug was that Maxine was wholly unable to be kind to the gnomes or be thankful to anyone. As a teen, she additionally had no goal related to the grand meal, so the only way to check of even one of the goals was... to kick a gnome. Normally I give them gifts and appease them to get seed packets. Gnomes are my normal route to getting crocuses, for example. Not this time. Gnomes were not Happy. (Happy is a dwarf, obviously.)

And the hot gnomes chased Max everywhere. Is the s'more gnome a special one only triggered in this way? It got tiring though, they were getting in the way, and with nothing left to achieve -- Brielle and Alistair completed everything they wanted -- Harvestfest ended early. 4 gnomes were shredded for bits and pieces, but the s'mores gnome is kept as a reminder in Max's room.

With Harvestfest done early, Max threw her gold house party. This maxed her charisma upon completion, and completed the 2nd level of Admired Icon.

At roughly this time, perhaps the Friday while Max was at school, Brielle met a postman with dark hair and green eyes. One is always one the lookout for interesting sims. I have had in mind Father Winter as a baby daddy -- probably not spouse -- for Max, but this man sorely tempts me.

A few other, self explanatory pics:

A new boyfriend!

A new ex-boyfriend! Gotta break up with someone. It was Riku. He'll be back though...

Max aced her exam that Friday, obviously.

And prom happened on Saturday. They all seemed happy to see her -- you know the reaction townies have to a 5-star celebrity -- but she didn't win prom queen or anything.

Max hasn't been super focused on prom. Her schedule is mad as it is. She's streaming at 5:30am every morning...

... and has to spend time "practicing programming" for computer club, which of course she maxed out after doing it twice. And then there's homework, and aspiration goals. So promposals have not happened. Trying to be prom queen has not happened. She showed up, took selfies, did the few tasks -- didn't dance with anyone -- and came home with the silver reward which is a radio that only plays one station (and tracks from GF media production!) which serves to remind her about how little she cares about prom.

Coming up next time is a screenshot of Max's traits after 1 week as a teen...

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2022, 08:00:02 PM »
Love Max's last screenshot with the special eye makeup!  Sorry to hear that she's been experiencing so many glitches!
I know Trendi helps with her Entrepreneurial skill, but does it also boost her Fame?

Curiously, my teens are also in their first week of high school but they have rather different goals.
Is it possible to become Prom Royalty without bringing along a controllable sim who will vote for your sim? LOL

Riku looks cute from the side, but you find the postperson more appealing?  I absolutely love your matchmaking activities, haha.
Can't wait for your next update!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2022, 07:00:12 AM »
I know Trendi helps with her Entrepreneurial skill, but does it also boost her Fame?

I can't say in Max's case because she's been a global superstar since about 2 hours after aging up to teen. With her crazy skill gains, selling her first Trendi look got her nearly to level 4 of Entrepreneurial. A bit of streaming later and selling another outfit, and she had maxed that skill. I think it's a cool detail if it adds fame, a small bit of cross-pack compatibility, but I don't know. She had all the fame already.

Is it possible to become Prom Royalty without bringing along a controllable sim who will vote for your sim? LOL

THIS is the real question. The less said about Maxine's lame prom the better, but she did vote, and I think the exact sims she voted for won. If Max has time for one last prom she'll need another teen in the household to be able to vote for her. Maybe two? I don't want votes to be tied 1 - 1 and for the other sim to get it. It's an interesting thought. If the player only has 1 teen at prom, is that teen forever doomed to never win a vote?

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2022, 11:43:49 AM »

Another great update on Maxine! Her selfies are so cute. I'm glad you finally found her rival; bring on the drama!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2022, 02:44:55 PM »
As you are the obvious expert in all things Fame, I have a burning question:
How does Maxine leap from a 2-star child to a Global Superstar teen in only two hours?
Is this some deep, dark Heart Foam secret (deep, dark secret, not a deep, dark Heart Foam) that can only be shared in exchange for an ultimate sacrifice?
I do have an extra kidney...

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Landgraab to the Max. One week as a teen debrief.
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2022, 03:10:35 PM »
As you are the obvious expert in all things Fame, I have a burning question:
How does Maxine leap from a 2-star child to a Global Superstar teen in only two hours?

People keep giving me kidneys! This is nonsense! Level 3 fame is the point you can take the perk that allows you to donate items for fame, but it requires a good reputation. And child that's done a lot of friendly greetings for Social Butterfly should have that already.

Max aged up and got some fame from that. Both her parents were already global superstars, and so Max gets some reflected glory from them. Obviously the teenage kid of very famous parents will have some name recognition. Upon aging up she jumped to ~95% of the way to 3 star fame. So that's why with a bit of streaming her cooking she reached level 3. (Donating expensive violins is what I always do, but maybe it's overkill. Maybe something less valuable would give the same results.) In Alistair's case he had to donate about a dozen $15k violins. Max, with two 5-star celebs in the same house, went from level 3 to level 5 with only donating two $15k violins. Essentially, the sim is buying fame. They're famous for being rich and making charitable donations.

That's a pic from right now, but apart from her nearly being done as a teen, it doesn't give much away. :) The crucial perk to getting quick fame is the Giving Back one, with the hand and the coins in the right-most column.

She actually didn't place her star on the walk of fame until nearly a week after getting it. The same Saturday as prom, in fact. I had pictures in the wrong order and it got left out of that update.

The unblinking eyes of Miss Maxine.

This is perhaps as good an opportunity as any to post where she's at after her first week as a teen.

Trait count: 27!

Exit Bunthorne.

anything