Author Topic: Landgraabs to the Max. Superlative, satisfactory, maximalist super-sims?  (Read 35952 times)

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
      That title is a bit of a mouthful.

While doing the recent "Aliens abducted my parents" scenario, I was hopping between all teen aspirations wondering if it was possible for one sim to do all 4. I completed that adventure in 5 sim days, but in that preliminary test, it seemed possible. However, I didn't want to continue with that teen. How could my first sim reaching the new benchmark of sim perfection be a random in a new save, with no history? An over-achieving sim that isn't a Landgraab? Makes no sense. Obviously, I needed a Landgraab.

And so, at 4am on a snowy Winterfest morning, Brielle and Alistair make the short trip through a loading screen to give birth to the greatest sim of them all. (Vabbilhea is still the rarest for being an alien with those inheritable traits, but hey, she missed out on teen aspirations. Sucks to be you now, huh Vabbilhea?)

To lay out the goals for this Adventure is simple: to max out all the child raising now in The Sims 4 on normal lifespan.

• Top Notch Toddler ✔
  • Mentally gifted ✔
  • Socially Gifted ✔
  • Physically Gifted ✔
  • Creatively Gifted ✔
  • Scouting Aptitude ✔
  • Good Manners ✔
  • Responsible ✔
  • Mediator ✔
  • Compassionate ✔
  • Emotional Control✔
  • Untroubled ✔
  • Dauntless ✔*
  • High Flyer ✔
  • Iconic ✔

An added bonus round is completing all school projects at excellent quality. ✔✔✔✔✔

Can Max do it? Yeah, probably. But where's the epistemic certainty of that? No really, I'm serious. OMG. You can't just accept that she's "got this" because someone on the internet says so. How could you possibly know?! Maybe she gets stuck under a staircase? Exactly.

You're on part 1, Maxine Landgraab is born and toddles.

Part 2 -- Childhood
Part 3 -- Private School
Part 4 -- Aspirational Max!
Part 5 -- Maxine de Winter
Part 6 -- Finishing Up
Part 7 -- Last Night at The Prom

-----

Chapter 2 is the The True and Complete Adventures of Rosalind and Phoebe, the Daughters of Fate

The goals here apply to both girls.

• Top Notch Infant ✔
  • Top Notch Toddler ✔
  • Mentally gifted ✔
  • Socially Gifted ✔
  • Physically Gifted ✔
  • Creatively Gifted ✔
  • Headstrong ✔
  • Pack Animal ✔
  • Ideas person ✔
  • Practiced Host ✔
  • (whatever the high confidence trait is) ✔
  • Scouting Aptitude ✔
  • Good Manners ✔
  • Responsible ✔
  • Mediator ✔
  • Compassionate ✔
  • Emotional Control ✔
  • Untroubled ✔
  • Dauntless*
  • High Flyer ✔
  • Iconic ✔
  • Authentic Prankster ✔
  • At least "Graduated With Honours" ✔
  • Mixology Certificate -- impossible since 1.96

Part 1 -- Infantly Good?
    Part 2 -- Fame. And Fashion. And Fury.
    Part 3 -- Parenting
    Part 4 -- Star Childs
    Part 5 -- The Birthday Weekend
    Part 6 -- A towel for Janelle
    Part 7 -- Fight for Victory!
    Part 8 -- Two Good
    Part 9 -- Aliens Resolve Conflict
    Part 10 -- Maximum Landgraab

-----

But let's rewind a bit.

The setting for this real, high-stakes drama is Affluista Mansion. This is literally my oldest save, from before pools and Newcrest, when the fastest way to get a big house was to move in with the Landgraabs.

We have zoomed in to the south terrace (fancy words! added poshness!) for the nuptials between Alistair Landgraab and Brielle Mahi'ai. Who is technically a distant relative -- they both have Sulani Mana and an ancient magical bloodline, and it turns out it comes from the same source. Brielle is from House Zest (I know right? that's a fun detail) and has many sisters. Story progression makes all these sims now, I felt I had to rescue one of the Mahi'ai girls. I think that surnames goes back into the mists of time to the original Island Ancestor.

Alistair is courtesy of Story Progression. His parents are Alexis and Kash. Alexis had a child fathered by a convict in jail (he had gorgeous green eyes and a dark skin and I figured would make a good looking kid, and I was right), and that was a plot device for her to take $5m and her daughter Sloane to a big lot. I wanted another project house in the save, as I've been staring at this same brown one for a while now. Anywho, in the very short time I was shuffling Landgraabs around the world, the game generated a pregnancy for Alexis and Kash, even though they aren't living together. This was great because that child would be a true Landgraab of Kash's line, unlike Sloane. And so the real heir to the brown house was Alistair. He was raised by Alexis in Moonwood Mill, but when he came of age moved back to Oasis Springs as the rightful heir. So now we have two Landgraab houses in the save, headed by the half-siblings Sloane and Alistair.

(As an aside, while Sloane was at university the same thing happened again, many times. So Alistair is not the only real Landgraab of the correct, noble lineage, he has a bunch of younger brothers and sisters courtesy of story progression. There's a whole menagerie of Landgraabs now, and we might run into some.) 

The wedding in the back yard is because a prior elopement glitched. I'm not one for social events. Even this much, having them get married, is just so I can introduce them.

And this is the star of the show, Maxine.

I have not gone to CAS since she was born to change her outfits. For toddlers (and sometimes even children) I often don't bother. Max's charm is that she will be a sim of Substance and Moral Fibre.

While she's been toddlering, Alistair has been buying his way to stardom with expensive violins.

Max being a global superstar as a teen is part of what being a supersim means to me, and the Easy Street perk will help her get through her side hustle. I hope? Anywho, it can be trivially easy for her to earn fame later in life... if she has superstar parents.

Alistair is a lawyer. Brielle is a chef.

She lucked into the tutorial aspiration about being a chef, which is always good because completing it gives a skill-gain trait. She completed that aspiration, and is going to stick with the culinary career and aim to be a celebrity chef because I have this vague idea that she might get some opportunities for fame.

Freckles?! Inherited? In the next exciting episode, the child stage. That might take a few updates. We'll see. The heart of the challenge I'm setting myself with Maxine is the new teen aspirations, not childhood which I've done many times. I can, and will, cruise through all 4 of those, and scouting, with no trouble. My strategy is to maybe push a little harder on the parenthood traits with her as a child so there's less volunteering and playing piano with emotion as a teen.

I've never done prom. Does a young Miss Landgraab supersim need to be prom queen? What does that even entail? I'm worried I'm taking on a lot for her teen years as it is. If she fails gloriously, I guess there's always the next generation!
[/list][/list]
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher

This looks like so much fun! It'll be interesting to see how the new teen aspirations go. Of course, I must *insist* that you give us a house tour because it is GORGEOUS. Is it on the gallery?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
It is! Obviously it was never built for the gallery. It's just a long-running save. Some rooms really need renovations. The gallery one is not perfectly up-to-date, but it's pretty close.

ID: the_mikado

Gratuitous shots of the house, but some sneak peaks of Max as a child. And the Unassuming Candy Jar, which is such a brilliant item for energy recovery.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Oh, oh, oh, Heart Foam has returned to entertain us with a new story brimming with Spelling of Antiquarian Charme!
Oh joy!
Like Rhoxi, I am most excited to follow along with Maxine in both her adventures and misadventures.
(Max's father is a hunk, by the way)

Also like Rhoxi, I plead for a house tour, a separate update that focuses on letting us peek into all the nooks and crannies of that fabulous mansion!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
You sneak!  You posted your house tour while I was rewording my previous post and checking for typos.
Lovely, lovely build!
Such elegance, such spacious rooms!
Did you place the pool and hot tub downstairs?

P.S. My first reaction to reading about your challenge was to immediately abandon my Not So Berry Challenge for a while to play my own sim alongside Maxine.
I have since recovered my senses, haha.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Well, it's such a big, rambling place that something always gets left out. There are walk-in closets and the laundry and the butler's murphy bed, and the magic room, and the other magic room, and the gym, and the music room, the nursery, the science rooms. Yes, the pool is downstairs. I've done this a few times because a pool outside can break up symmetry and look a bit out of place. It works just fine, but the splashes display on the ground floor, which is a bit weird.

I worry his jaw is a bit too narrow. He has very hunky parents.

Family History:

Kash Landgraab, Alistair's dad.

Alexis Landgraab, Alistair's mum.

She was a Paranormal Investigator, and the easiest thing to give a spectre is a photograph. So Alex took a bunch of selfies on the job.

That's Sloane on the left and Alistair as children. Half-siblings. Inseparable bffs. Sloane could never inherit the big house in Oasis Springs when it was obvious she got her green eyes from someone other than Kash.

And this is Alistair as a teen. Brielle looks to the camera for help as this guy shows off his muscles.

Yup, that's when they met. Those are Maxine's parents. Slimify and a Nancy haircut later and she looks a bit different.

Story progression generated another sibling today. Alistair now has Cortez Langraab as a younger sibling to go with Casandra, Blake, Bobby, and Jillian. The parents don't live together, but they obviously meet up sometimes.

I still haven't gone to CAS, and my star sim is now a child. Summer heatwave in the desert and Maxine has got a puffy red jacket.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Alistair's parents are indeed gorgeous!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
I'm sure you already know this from your testing and prior gameplay, but my sim took 8 schooldays to complete Goal Oriented.

Do homework 5 times (Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu)--sadly Extra Credit didn't count as an "extra time," lol.
Earn and Keep an A for 3 days (Fri, Mon, Tue).
Ricalynn's teen randomly got homework to count twice in one day but we don't know how that happened. 
I look forward to your sharing all of Max's experiences with the teen aspirations!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Definitely good info. Thank you. I haven't played any of the aspirations to completion yet. In the alien stealing parents scenario, the last thing to be checked off for me was the teen getting an A, but really, there should be plenty of time. A lot of dates though, and 10 teen friends, and the side hustle. It's goals like that which bother me. She'll get and keep an A without going out of her way. Hopefully. And she has been doing Superbly in grade school, so she'll start high school as a B student? I'll document all her teen angst... and the bugs. ;p

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Landgraab to the Max. Childhood.
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2022, 05:55:32 PM »
The Extraordinary Childhood of Miss Maxine Landgraab.

In this exciting episode: Alistair does parenting by telepathy, Maxine talks to a child, and Maxine writes her name on a piece of paper.

His haircut was chosen as a teen, but I really need to get dad to CAS. Alistair, I'm very sorry. We'll definitely get to that. Absolutely.

Mum is already baking the birthday cake. One does not delay.

And note my triumph below: we've got through Max's entire toddlerhood without going to CAS. Obviously this level of simming technique is rare and to be Cherished. Brielle really does go all-in on the orange / white colour scheme. I probably won't do that for Maxine. (I can hear the witticisms in reply, "yeah, you probably wont, no kidding", heavy with meaning and many eye rolls.) (And it's totally fair, Alistair is on your side too no doubt. My sim turns against me!)

Dad reads to darling daughter in the library, which we're all quite fond of. Maxine jumped headlong into the child aspirations.

It's a small thing that sparks joy, but for many years -- real and pixelated -- the chess table didn't match the chairs, and now it does. That's Maxine's everyday wear. The red bomber jacket. In Oasis Springs. I know.

10 days left to teen. Trait count: 6

In keeping with hyper-parenting in the child stage, dad attempts coolness and his daughter thinks he's being strange / has crawled out of cheese. No red jacket?! Ah. Yes. Well. No, we still haven't gone to CAS, that's Max's randomly generated hot weather outfit, because she lives in a desert. It would be very sneaky to remind me that Max's youth was put in Peril by my... *scrolls up* ... Simming Technique. That's what we're going with.

Here we dispel the injurious, defamatory, spurious rumour that Maxine never interacted with another child.

That's a child. No comments from the back, please. If you ask with wide eyes "but is that the only child? are there more?!", that's the only picture I took of her with another child. Not even kidding. High School will be different!

8 days to teen. Trait count: 9

7 days to teen. The last child aspiration is complete.

6 days to teen. Trait count: 11

I eventually signed Max up for drama club in case there's a chance she gets a trophy. She might as well. Both her parents have reached level 10 parenting, and both are now global superstars. Max is a 2-star celeb as a child, and her fame either won't go higher than that for now, or is only increasing very slowly. I absolutely want her to be a global superstar as soon as possible for the easy street perk.

Live streaming her drama practice therefore ticks a few boxes. It's easy to miss the drone hovering on the right.

She's also been doing her school projects with the help of mum and dad, though how useful they've actually been seems doubtful.

Brielle looks happily clueless. Thanks mum. Still, both parents have "helped" for 4 hours. They're both going through the parenting aspiration.

Signing autographs at GeekCon isn't going to get to her head, is it?

At this point, with most of her childhood behind her, we finally made it to CAS. This is the completely unaltered sim as the game made her.

I'm not sure if I'll use the teen version of this hair. Obviously pre-made Molly has this hair. I don't want Max to steal the iconic look of another sim (even though Molly is surely no longer in high school).

Max streams a lot and makes videos too. I think I've had a child sim nominated for an award, but not seen one actually win. (Would the animations even work properly?)

Brielle has been nominated for a video already, so we will be taking the fam to the awards on Sunday. Brielle has level 5 media production skill, and when Max makes a poor quality video, her mother edits it into something great. I can definitely do all the things to get Max a nomination, but the question is whether I age up Max before or not -- given that children probably can't win. Her teen birthday is on Monday.

On Thursday, 4 days to teen, Max got a promotion in drama club while dad frolicked in the fountain.

That evening, there was a sports day at the high school where Alistair and Brielle want to send Maxine, so they all went to check it out.

Hi!

Being a Landgraab, Maxine doesn't recognise some of the food on offer, and asked the nice man for salmon. Her mother says he looks like a discount Mortimer Goth in that red jacket. --A famous sim from long ago. Or was he just famous for being Bella's husband? Did he have his own personality?

That brings Maxine to Friday evening. At the Spice Festival, she made it through the spiciest of spicy foods! She can now brag about being curry champion! But she didn't get a trait for that yet. Obviously we're pursuing chopstick savvy and spice hound. She's a supersim, she's gotta know these things.

On a side note, dad Alistair got a 3rd autonomous selfie for the fame aspiration. He had a bit of a makeover too.

That's the bulk of Maxine's childhood. On this final weekend she'll spend a lot of time raising character values. Starlight Accolades are on Sunday 6pm, and if character building has gone well enough, she might get aged up to teen before that and maybe win something (I've had teen winners before) and start high school on Monday. But it might be more interesting to try get her nominated as a child, and in keeping with the child prodigy vibe she has going. I'm entirely on the fence.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Landgraab to the Max. A superlative, satisfactory, maximalist super-sim?
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2022, 07:44:28 PM »
Max accomplished So Much in this update! And, of course, she must eventually earn the Spice Hound and Chopstick Savvy traits! (Sweet and Sour Eggplant, anyone?)
I'm not obsessing over Alistair or anything, but I like his outfit when he's in the library reading to Max.
(whispers: No, I don't think his jaw is too narrow....)

Great choice giving Brielle's the iconic hair and orange/white outfit of Nancy Landgraab.  Do you think Brielle resembles her ancestor?
So fascinating to watch your approach to raising Max. I usually to the "Read 2 hours" at the toddler stage.
I've only ever maxed Drama Club once--she'll max Drama Club before joining an after-school activity?

Looking forward to further adventures with Maxine!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2022, 02:47:39 AM »
I love Max.
As I'm currently going through repeated intense skilling for my heroic Wonder Children project, I'm taking notes from you! I'm cheering Max on from the sidelines.
I've failed at achieving any teen aspiration as I can never resist the early graduation offer which does give it's own trait but stops some aspirations and the others don't help with skilling which is my main aim.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2022, 08:44:56 AM »
Do you think Brielle resembles her ancestor?

I had to check her family tree. She's about 10 generation removed from Nancy. The classic Landgraab pasty skin and cheese blonde hair didn't last long. It turns out Brielle and Alistair actually share a slightly more recent ancestor, Evangeline Beebe (who might turn up at the awards, it's always a family reunion -- many ancestors are immortal) who is very different.

But Brielle's dad is Logan Goth, and that's where she gets most of her looks. For a while the Landgraabs went dark, and the Goths went light. Ultimately, there's only been one hot blonde in the save so far, a street rescue Jalissa Kinney *swoon* and her genes got into the Goth family line, and by extension Brielle. Nancy and Brielle aren't that dissimilar though. Maybe Nancy has a slightly narrower face.

Oh, that's just his work outfit from being a lawyer. No planning on my part.

I've only ever maxed Drama Club once--she'll max Drama Club before joining an after-school activity?

Oh yes. She's already drama club level 3 at the point the last episode finished. If I don't age her up early, she could reach level 4 as a child on Monday.

I love Max.
As I'm currently going through repeated intense skilling for my heroic Wonder Children project, I'm taking notes from you! I'm cheering Max on from the sidelines.
I've failed at achieving any teen aspiration as I can never resist the early graduation offer which does give it's own trait but stops some aspirations and the others don't help with skilling which is my main aim.

Thank you. Max appreciates it. :)

I've seen the Wonder Children and obviously there's a bit of overlap. I certainly wondered that this adventure with Maxine is a little too similar, and similar to how every raises supersims. I didn't know there was a trait from early graduation! This changes my sim world. Well, if Max can do 4 aspirations and still get that trait, that's the dream. Wow, so there's a ton of pressure on her.

-----

As an aside, I've noticed how the unassuming candy stacks with a fully upgraded bed for energy recovery. In the normal order of things, you don't take the candy and then go to sleep... the whole point is to stay awake. But what if you do? What if the bed is fully upgraded? This is Max in the early hours of Saturday morning writing in her journal. It's 3:32am. She was learning to say sorry after coming home from the spice festival.

She's tired. And emotional. And crying.

---

At 4:16am, she's done. Max grabs a purple glowing candy, and goes to sleep.

---

At 6:01 she's wide awake, and the candy will top up the remaining bit of the energy bar while she uses the bathroom. 

---

At 7:10, a glorious summer morning, Max emerges downstairs -- not merely having slept but has also used the toilet and had a long whirlpool bath. And she has a positive moodlet from all of those. Some players might do this already, but I felt that's worth demonstrating. And that's with a pretty cheap bed too.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2022, 11:09:23 AM »

Thank you for the incredible house tour; everything looks fantastic! Wow, Max is really getting a lot done. I'm curious to see if children can get that award or not. It would never have occurred to me to try! Also, what's this about a trait for early graduation. What does it do?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2022, 03:45:45 PM »

Thank you for the incredible house tour; everything looks fantastic! Wow, Max is really getting a lot done. I'm curious to see if children can get that award or not. It would never have occurred to me to try! Also, what's this about a trait for early graduation. What does it do?
Early graduation trait gives you a leg up when getting a job. I haven't really noticed if it stacks with Connections. @oshizu has just had a sim with the trait plus a degree go into the scientist career at a high level so might have thoughts on this.

anything