Author Topic: Landgraabs to the Max. Superlative, satisfactory, maximalist super-sims?  (Read 35920 times)

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
Re: Landgraab to the Max. A superlative, satisfactory, maximalist super-sim?
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2022, 03:48:05 PM »
Oh no! Those are crazy glitches. Hope your strategies work

Oddly, removing her from the family and then adding her back had no effect, she was still a neighbour. She couldn't make a New Year's resolution, for example, because that's a self-interaction. But travelling did cure that problem! This is obviously a lot easier. I'll talk about it a little more (or at least share a few relevant pics!) in the next sim week when this happens, but in case anyone reading this gets the bug: just travel.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2022, 04:01:55 PM »
Thank you for sharing all that went into Maxine's super-rise to fame! And without even accepting my kidney1
I don't usually play with Fame unless it seems to match the sim's career/traits/aspiration.
So, though my fame-aspiring sim always makes a beeline to the Giving Back perk, my sims have to slog from zero Fame, haha.
In one challenge, a sim's uncle kept showing up and getting asked for selfies when my own sim was trying to get asked for selfies. Grrrr.
LOL. Fame gives a sim a lot of benefits. I guess I'm lazy, haha.

Maxine is so accomplished!  You have done an absolutely amazing job with Maxine to the max!
No spouse will be good enough for her! What will her Watcher doooooooo?   
How will he ever find The One? Will Max be the start of a new super-sim lineage?
Does that she will require Father Winter's...assistance? (Or do you have a male sim lying around in your library who was Father Winter's Child?)
Will her Watcher be tempted to give Maxine's heir the same loving treatment?

I appreciate your future sharing how you resolved Maxine's neighborly status. 
We all suffer from game bugs and knowing the solution in advance is oh-so-handy!

Can't wait to find out what comes Next.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Landgraab to the Max. Max de Winter.
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2022, 05:48:26 PM »
Winter.

In this heart-warming episode: Max asks a question, Max sits on a chair, and Max invites herself over.

We left Miss Maxine building the electricity experiments school project. Molly was merely a Moral Support. She's like an honorary Landgraab at this point. She often eats here. She gravitates to the big bedroom in the east wing, which is widely regarded as her room.

And an excellent project, too. Max completed all 3 child projects, and this is her 2nd excellent teen project. She did the robotics one first to learn programming. (The computer team reward trait for learning programming faster must stand out as one of the most useless. For Max, at least. By the time she is computer team captain, she could have maxed programming three times over.) For her side goal completing all 7 school projects, she only has the rocket and the bridge remaining.

Sunday was the next instalment of Disappointment in Del Sol Valley for Max who didn't win anything. Bur Brielle did!

Brielle had no nomination in the time since the last award show, so I guess the nomination for her video was still valid? Either way, the moral of the story is if you've got famous sims, always go to the Starlight Accolades. The host just wants Brielle to finish her theatrics and be gone.

I did my very best to keep Alistair away from the bar this time.

Maxine's school situation is thus. Having made mistakes with her homework, she's only completed homework 4/5 times for the aspiration. I'm not too worried about having missed a few as that goal is checked off on Monday, before Career Day on Tuesday. That's all that really matters. Okay, it might be argued that she's made no progress toward the "Earn and Keep an A", true, but the slowest goal of them all is level 3 of computer team. If shed hadn't had drama club right at the start of high school, she'd have been further along.

After a long day of computer club, homework, streaming, practicing programming and so forth, Max gained the techie lifestyle in the early hours of Tuesday,

Her streaming computer is now overclocked, which isn't something to put on every computer --especially if you have a writer who'd rather be inspired than focused -- but for getting a powerful focused moodlet it's really great to have it on some.

Having never done Career Day before, Max had an active school day, just to be safe. I've not been following Max to school every day, but this is one of the days I did.

She's learned a bit of archaeology and Selvadoradan culture from her social studies class. A leetle bit of cross-pack integration. So now she can go on an jungle adventure and learn the recipes there instantly. In fact, she has enough Selvadoradan culture to show pictures... from her trip? And can raise that skill more on her own. I like the light coming in through the windows! Sue me. Regarding those skills, she's been a teen for 10 days.

Career Day.

Because of the slow-mo head turning when you pause, Max turned to no longer be facing the nice scientist man. Now it's looks like she's asking (the principal?) "for real? is this guy the expert? You want me to talk to him?"

Wednesday, Winterfest.

Every year the family puts up a tree in the entrance hall, which is larger than some of my other sim houses.

After opening a present and a bit of decorating, I have shockingly sent Maxine to school.

This is because of the state of her Goal Oriented aspiration. She only got to part 2 of the aspiration on Monday afternoon when she did her homework. (Of course she's been an A student for a long time already, but none of that counts.) To earn, and maintain an A would therefore take the rest of the week -- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday -- unless she popped in on Winterfest. It worked, and now she's got 2/3 for both computer team and maintaining an A. She would now reach 3/3 for her grades on Thursday, and I was hoping to reach the top level of computer team that same day too. Max even bought the Entrepreneurial trait to try to boost career gains, not to mention she has Easy Street from being so famous. Did this work? No.

Back to Winterfest for a small sims experiment! I know who Father Winter is. It's Bernado Barfield, and he's had the role for a while. Brielle invited him over -- here he is in civilian clothes -- and asked for a present, which worked as per usual. No waiting until 8pm!

Alistair did the same, and so did Maxine when she got back from school. On Winterfest. I know.

Bernado was then... invited to join the household! Presumably this would force the game to generate a new Father Winter at 8pm.

Sidebar: in past saves I've had children with Clement Frost after he's been replaced as Father Winter, and those kid still inherited the magic trait. Bernie is getting replaced here, but maybe doesn't lose the ability to pass on the trait? Once Father Winter... always Father Winter? To that end, he did a quick try for baby with a random townie, Ai Matsuda, who turns out lives in Windenburg. After writing this update, I'll see what the result of that is. Apologies for the suspense and tension!

Sure enough, a new, perhaps less interesting Father Winter. (They have identical traits, and yes, I've forgotten the new guy's name already. I don't want to say McMuffin, but I'm sure he's McSomething.) Bernado was swiftly moved out to a place of his own in Willow Creek.

Thursday in winter is when the bug hit, and Max became a neighbour visiting her own house.

She could interact with objects and people just fine, but not herself. Needing to climb through the window to get in the house was a fun twist.

It wasn't immediately an inconvenience either, so I kept going. The "Neighbor" tag disappeared for some reason, but her ability to go through the front door like a normal sim didn't come back. As an aside, despite already having good job performance, she still didn't reach level 3 of computer team on Thursday, which would have to wait until Monday for completion. 

This is Friday.

Chopstick Savvy! No Spice Hound yet. But this point Max had completed Admired Icon, and she has that trait.

With no after-school stuff to worry about for a few days, or 5:30am streaming, Max worked on her school projects. You can see the problem immediately.

Yup, that one is only "good" quality.

The rocket project is my favourite. I can remember in my own youth looking at and dreaming about model rockets. It seems to be the most inherently difficult project to make excellent, and Max will have to try again.

A useless teen decided he wanted to cook! Is that supposed to happen? Or maybe he thinks he lives here, the opposite of what happened to Max?

One of Max's school buddies cost us a few thousand simoleons.

I know the neighbour bug was still an issue because on New Year's Eve, the next day, Max couldn't make a resolution. She couldn't perform any-self-interaction. At that point I tried moving her out of the household, and then moving her back in. The game would reload with Max standing on the edge of the lot, as expected... but still a neighbour.

So we travelled... to the school... and Max is no longer a Neighbour in her own house. (I wondered who would be at school on a Saturday. I expected it to be empty, and it was.) She can interact with herself! If you had to guess what New Year's resolution she chose, it was to raise a skill. Of course.

Sunday was spent chasing a Starlight Accolade nomination, and after an unsuccessful music track, and unsuccessful video, Max's book got a nomination at 5:37pm!

So you ask, "Starlight time already and no prom?". I suppose there was one, but Maxine skipped it to stay home on Friday and Saturday as much as possible, hoping to get an invite to a college party she could sneak out to. None was forthcoming. There is a bug report for this. It seems invites are real, but phenomenally rare. Maybe it'll get tuned in a future patch. Also, let's be real, Max hasn't gone in for partying in a big way. She's an over-achiever. A nerd. It might be that a Party Animal has a higher chance of those invites.

Very keen at the chance of an award, Max and Brielle both got new formal looks. And Max took her seat early. So keen!

Obviously the keenness was not rewarded, and we won nothing.

Alistair waves at a flower pot. He's just really into waving. Brielle thinks back at the time he waved at her at dinner... and now?... she isn't sure he wasn't just waving at a different flower pot. Like, wow. This is probably Traumatic for Brielle.

That's quite an emotionally weighty moment to sign off with. I'm all amazement as I make it up, I assure you.

-----

Next time: Max's final week at school, and the dear, sweet supersim makes an enemy. Gasps all around.

It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2022, 09:04:40 PM »
This is just as much a tale of Maxine the Super-Sim as it is of Heart Foam the Super-Watcher.
You and Maxine have achieve so incredibly much in such a short time! Cheers!

What a relief that you got Max's neighborly/neighbourly status sorted.  And with such a simple solution, too!
That glitch must have been so annoying during the time was around!
As for party invites, my Gen3 teen got pre-prom and post-prom party invites right and left.
But I guess those don't count for sneaking out since the teen is immediately whisked to the venue? (Obviously, my teen never accepted.)
My Gen4 teens have not been invited to any parties, but the heir has been a tad busy juggling hearts and minds.

Pro tip for Brielle: Since Alistair fancies flower pots, maybe dress in floral patterns? Just a wild guess, lol.

We look forward to hearing about the results of Ai Matsuda's pregnancy. 
(Isn't that a sim we've met before? Her name seems familiar.)
I've only had one set of twins with Father Winter/Clement and they were ugly enough that I feel scarred for life.
Your previous sim (was her name Scarlet?) aged up gorgeously.

How does the Father Winter's Child trait interact with the new, horrible wants/fears system?  Still double satisfaction?

Enjoying following Maxine's adventures very much.
(Would it be too much to request a close-up of Alistair's freckles? *blushes)

P.S. Sorry for the long comment. Your updates raise so many questions!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2022, 03:17:01 AM »
Pre-prom and post-prom party invites are normal. Max had had them, and has accepted one of each... just to see what happens. They don't count. It has to be a special invite to a "college party". My hunch is that it'll be a rabbit hole, and the teen sneaks out to the edge of the lot. I'm fairly sure it won't send the teen to a playable lot, which is what the pre-prom and post-prom things do. An afterparty did happen once, after Max's first prom. They went to the fairground area, and there were no objectives. It might serve a good story purpose for many players so I'm glad it's a thing.

How does the Father Winter's Child trait interact with the new, horrible wants/fears system?  Still double satisfaction?

ugh. wants and fears. I disable them. I liked whims. From another sim in another save, I know the same bonus applies to wants as it did to whims. I wonder if they rewrote the description? Hmm. It's still a trait that sets a sim apart from other sims. But it's value has drastically been reduced for anyone who can't be bothered to deal with the wants/fears.

-----

Father Winter Experiment update:

There was a child! She's glorious! Her name is Lauren, and she is a Father Winter's Baby. She was conceived a few hours after Bernardo lost the job, and obviously born many days after. And yet.

So Bernado still passes on the trait, as I'm sure Clement Frost would. He's also still alive, and lives in Oasis Springs. So If Max was tempted, there are 3 Fathers Winter to choose from. (Bernie is my fave for his skin colour. Hands down.) 

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2022, 02:42:40 PM »
Lauren is beautiful!
And, yes, I've also disabled the Wants/Fears system. I want the whims back!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2022, 02:54:41 AM »
Agreed - Lauren is adorable.
Clement Frost married Aphrodite in my Olympus Big Dreams challenge. Their only child Harmonia favoured her mother and was just as gorgeous. Her Father Winter's Child trait wasn't particularly apparent.
Congrats to Max on all her achievements. Amazing progress!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2022, 01:56:03 PM »

There are ... three Father Winters??

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Landgraab to the Max. Finishing up.
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2022, 02:26:29 PM »
Spring. Week 3 as a teen.

In this nail-biting episode: Alistair waves at a plant, Max makes a thing, and Brielle makes lemonade.

By Monday, Maxine has still only completed 1 teen aspiration, Admired Icon, which she completed on week 1 of high school. However, as soon as she finally got to team captain of the computer team, she completed Goal Oriented because she was already level 3 in streaming -- and had been for a long time.

Ever the completionist, Maxine immediately quite the computer team for the cheer team. I'm experimenting. Was the painfully slow progress limited to just the computer team? I needed something to compare it to.

I chose cheerleading for the Monday, Wednesday, Thursday schedule. She only signed up on Monday afternoon, but I figured if a promotion a day was possible, she could still reach level 3 and graduate early. That's the thinking behind the choice, but as I said, it's me figuring things out. (I've since tested another teen with the "Connections" trait wondering if that's a way to start an afterschool activity at the top. No, it doesn't work.)

Later that evening, and into the early hours of Tuesday, Max maxed rocket science in her second attempt at an excellent rocket.

(Aside -- this is her completing the bridge project on the weekend, and it should have been in the last update.

) (I'm really not sure about these parenthesis either. It's not just you.)

Back to the present, Max completed her final excellent school project, she's done 'em all.

Tuesday had no afterschool activity, and this was obviously the right time to make an enemy.

Maxine's rival is her, um, best friend (she has several -- I'm reminded of Mr Collins talking about Lady Catherine de Bourgh's carriages and fireplaces, which is not strictly relevant, but here we are.)

Poor kid. Max looks fierce. She found him during lunch break, and queued up many awful insults. The obvious complication for my supersim project -- and I was right -- is that the great volume of mean interactions it would require to make an enemy out of Fredrick, was surely going to impact Maxine's conflict resolution. And it does.

After school, Max found him going to the computer lab. And just before the relationship soured to the point that he'd reject travelling with her, she took the fight to the park.

That's a shocked paparazzo, witnessing the previously angelic superstar Maxine Landgraab going off at one of her high school friends! He can't believe it, but how lucky he's there to take pictures.

Eventually a proper fight broke out, and Max could declare former friend Fredrick a foe.

That's 3 aspirations down. The obstacle with rushing all the man interaction is that Max's needs -- and Fred's -- are pretty low, and there's always the problem that one or both of them need to stop punching each other to go to the bathroom.

At this point I used a cheat. I swapped to the final aspiration, Live Fast, and with solemnity and pious Consideration for the Rules I was breaking, typed aspirations.complete_current_milestone. Maxine never had the chance to sneak out to a party. I want to see the later stages of that, and it would be a shame for Max to fail at being a complete teen for something she wanted to do, but never had the chance to.

She came home that evening to tell dad about how she punched Fredrick!

Dad looks like he's in shock, and searching for help.

While Max was at school on Wednesday, Brielle made lemonade.

Because it's fun thing to do, and it reassures folks that Brielle is still extant. There's a grand view of the desert. A sim should do this fairly often.

Max's first and only day at cheerleading made it painfully obvious she was never going become the best. This is Sad. Part of me obviously wants to have 1 teen max all those afterschool activities and get the associated traits, but as the game is right now, it's not possible. Another part of me is totally fine with it. It's a good thing no teen can do more than one, because I can always raise another supersim who isn't a total clone of Max's traits because they might get the cheerleading trait, or the Star Player one. So there's variety. Max doubled down on the nerdy stuff, the L33T Hacker trait, and got a nerdy lifestyle.

Now that Max is on the next stage of Live Fast, she had to ask a sim on a date 5 times. Actually, the most romantically inclined sim is the guy she already asked out and broke up with, Riku. But it also required starting a fight.

Frederick was added to the teen club. Thanks buddy. You deserved better from someone you thought was a best friend. (Okay, you thought that immediately upon meeting Max, which is weird, but that's not the point.) It's not your fault.

For the "ask out on 5 dates" requirement, Max just stood outside her house, asking Riku out and then ending the date early. No messing around.

Max had maxed mischief long ago, so the dare and the urban myths were formalities, and she completed all 4 teen aspirations. Riku is still feeling flirty from all the dates he's just been on, standing right there.

This is Fredrick, the unlucky man. Alistair is good friends with him, which is nice.

He's definitely handsome. A nice neutral, non-weird face.

Max took early graduation, and another trait.

So the next day, Max had no school, but was feeling sick anyway.

Riku thought this was a good time to ask with frustration if she was going to prom with him or not. She said yes. After all the heartache she's put him through already, it was only fair. I was calculating when she'd age up to YA, and we should... just... squeeze prom in. Everything suggested she'd age up on Saturday, but judging by when the notifications came though, maybe at ~11:30pm? So, after prom? Maybe? That's the final goal: prom queen.

Oh, Max just cured her illness with the decontamination shower in the science room. She's fine.

With a few days free, Max had time for other necessary skills. Like bowling! So, is Alistair waving at a palm tree? Or the hedge? It's not Max, clearly. After two frames in a three frame game, she was level 5 bowling.

I also want Max to get her magic levels up to get the Potion of Immortality. This household used to have a full set of potions, but when I was with Sloane in her house and then at university, they all disappeared. Max has an ancient bloodline and it shouldn't be too hard, but she had never made a start on learning spells and potions, and now was a good time.

I just couldn't resist. This is Evangeline, a super distant (immortal) relative on both the Landgraab and Goth side, looking hot, and aloof, and not like a Landgraab. (I love that DU hairstyle. One of my absolute favs.) Not the most glamourous Landgraab now are you, cheese blond Nancy? I never give my sims that dress. That's just been randomly assigned in the Magic Realm. As formalwear I never use it because at the Starlight Accolades, a sim can't go looking like a Disney witch. Well, mine don't. But if you do, that's how to get attention. And it's too much for everyday. Fun though.

Oh, and Max excitedly waved at the man with green eyes. Just in case. Gosh he's pale. So pale.

Maxine Landgraab is done. She's achieved all the teen things (and then some!). Well, provisionally. She's got her conflict resolution back up by saying sorry a few times to Fredrick, and then having a parent encourage her, but those 5 traits aren't locked in until she ages up.

So there'll be another episode. She's got prom with Riku on Saturday. There's no way I'll forget what time that starts. And we'll have to do a trait count when she ages up. :)

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2022, 03:13:44 PM »
@Rhoxi I only saw your reply as I was writing up the last thing. Yes, three of them! It's an odd situation. Only one of them is the Father Winter that'll appear at a fireplace, but previous FWs who've been moved into the world never lose the ability to pass on a trait.

Max could have three magical kids (chess team, cheer team, football team) each with a different Father Winter. It's an exhausting thought.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2022, 05:29:59 PM »

That was a wild ride: so many achievements! What will you and Maxine do next now that she's finished?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2022, 10:28:44 PM »
Based on my limited experience with two generations of teens, Computer Club and Chess Club each took two meetings per promotion.
Football Team's Practice with a Football took my sims 4 hours to complete so I will forever avoid that club.  Or could it be that my game is bugged or that I was practicing wrong?

Oh, Evangeline is gorgeous! I have no idea how to keep a sim immortal without the help of MCCC, short of regularly feeding them Potions of Rejuvenation.
Does the Potion of Immortality actually work now? It used to not work yet leave an unappealing glowing neck ring.  I'm curious about how the stunning Evangeline sustains her immortality.

Max has achieved so much! If that Sneaking Out tasks worked properly, Max shows us that completing all achievements in 21 days is possible.

@RhoxiMax could have three magical kids (chess team, cheer team, football team) each with a different Father Winter. It's an exhausting thought.
Or maybe pull out all your many tricks and try for triplets with Bernado?

Looking forward to Maxine's Prom Night and the final Traits Count! I hope this won't be the end of Maxine's adventures!
Could she marry a son of Evangeline? Lol

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2022, 06:17:53 AM »
Oh, Evangeline is gorgeous! I have no idea how to keep a sim immortal without the help of MCCC, short of regularly feeding them Potions of Rejuvenation.
Does the Potion of Immortality actually work now? It used to not work yet leave an unappealing glowing neck ring.  I'm curious about how the stunning Evangeline sustains her immortality.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/rom-potion-of-29983141

I use the True Immortal one. This is my only script mod. In some patch this year they claimed to have fixed the potion of immortality, but I still don't like the neck ring, and it still doesn't stop aging. Vampires and werewolves get immortality, spellcasters should have it too. So I have a mod, and it works like a charm. No neck ring, actual immortality.

Re afterschool activities, I never set Max to work hard, but this is really my first go at these careers and I'd rather just understand the benchmark default progression. In this case Max started late because she completed drama club first, and then had detention the next day. So she missed Monday and Tuesday on week 1, and only had her first computer team meeting on Thursday week 1. Not optimal.  I guess she was a bit late for one meeting? Anywho, it turns out the die was cast. Even getting a promotion every 2 meetings would mean finishing computer club on week 2, leaving just three meetings in the final week and that's not enough time. Max could have done two if I started with cheer like so.

Cheer team
Week 1: We, Th
Week2: Mo, We

Chess or computer (they have  the same schedule)
Week 2: Th
Week 3: Mo, Tu, Th

I've also found football practice takes forever in a subsequent test. I s'pose if one is dedicated enough... but I might only do that activity once.

That was a wild ride: so many achievements! What will you and Maxine do next now that she's finished?

That's the question. I wouldn't mind living in the Copperdale for a while. That rental lot is stunning. I've got this stately home in Oasis Springs I can't quite let go of because it's too pretty, so I always feel I'm missing out on the new worlds. Maybe Max buys that rental house? 

Max needs to become immortal, that's a priority before any other shenanigans so I can leave her and come back later. I also want to get back to Selvadorada at some point. That's a fun pack I haven't played in a long time. I completed both collections in this household, but there are still some golden relics out there that we don't have. It's not just ROM potions that disappeared, but the few GTW science serums we had. Slimify is always handy for townie makeovers! So Maybe Max needs to be a mad scientist, and I think that's a good fit because she's been very geeky. This big Landgraab house was built with a rocket bunker -- I just have to remove the fountain. There, mad scientist / archaeologist. 

To be a real supersim, to stack all the traits, she'd have to go to university and pick up some traits there. I simply do not have the inclination for this right now having done this exact thing in the same save with a relative, just prior to HSY.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
Landgraab to the Max. Last Night at the Prom.
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2022, 06:27:37 PM »
In which Maxine Landgraab becomes an ex-teen.

Two parties. Both are Fun. A two party system. The bulk of the challenge and problem solving is over, so I anticipate writing less Waffle than usual, but that might not last. We'll see. This is an adventure. It's like "I'm a Believer", but sung in Italian, in a heart warming movie. An adventure just like that!

We'll start back in the magic realm because the real theme of this episode is gratuitous stylish screenshots, regardless of how much they advance the plot.

I like wands and brooms, but I ain't paying for them. I tell my sims, an' I tell them straight, y'all gotta duel for artefacts.

Our hero also regularly does Famous Things to keep her 5 star level. I think she's only got 1 of the infamous (pun, right?) autonomous autographs. That's always the biggest hurdle in that aspiration. Yes, this is a celebrity home.

And yet when a naked Jenna Akiyama runs past (yes, we've got the Free Love N.A.P.), they don't care about Max.

Max checked her phone, of a Saturday (about 3pm judging by light through the windows), and we'll pretend with a thin veneer of storytelling that's when she heard there's a Festival of Snow, far far away. Like I said, this is the pretty picture episode.

I routinely do the Mt. Komorebi sightseer aspiration to farm points -- and now it's even more important now that whims are dead and I can't abide the wants / fears system. When there's either a Festival of Lights or Snow, any sim that hasn't done it, queues up that aspiration and aims to complete the first bit, and the "wear an outfit" goal from the second bit. It's fine, prom is like 8pm right?

So Max cleared the first bits of the sightseer aspiration.

And then the game took Advantage of my vagueness about when prom was, by starting prom. No magical candy to top up energy, no quick shower or outfit check.

Her teacher was thrilled to see her. But Fredrick's mood soured -- yes! the chap Max punched! that's him! -- as soon as Max entered the room. Can't think why? Bug?

Just to make it painfully obvious who the star of this school year is.

Max and Riku decided to dance outside. You can still hear the music. She's too much of a distraction if she's inside. This is consideration.

While Max was taking photos, because she has no friends or something (actually, they're all best friends -- excepting Fredrick, of course), she's notified that she's won Prom Queen! Like... wow? Wow wow wow wow. ... Wow. I didn't expect it, I was desperately trying to do prom things, and hadn't done them all.

And prom jester is Riku? How?

He's enjoying it though. And it's a cute story arc. This is the guy she asked out only to dump -- and gloats over him as he cried in the bathroom, one of the pics that sticks with me as a favourite -- and who she used again for her own goals. And he still asked her to prom when she wasn't feeling great. Riku is a good kid.

All parties end, and back home at Affluista Mansion, Miss Max contemplates how she'll never take the crown off. This is how to relax.

I fully expected Max to be automatically aging up to YA on Saturday night shortly after the prom, but apparently she had the next day.

By the next morning her age bar was bubbling. In more than 10 generations of Landgraabs, this is the *first* birthday party of the save. Honorary Landgraab, Molly was obviously there.

As was Riku. --We'll get back to the aging up shortly. I just wanted to show one or two key guests in an orderly fashion.

Speaking of fashion, Alistair strides purposefully to play a violin in the garden. Poshness, right there.

He's the Entertainment. No kidding. I know this occasionally takes a light and humorous turn, but no, none of that. He really is the entertainment, and if sims aren't Entertained, or don't go outside at all, that's quite serious and a blow for his self esteem. Gritty social commentary.

So, all 5 positive parenthood traits. At times that was hard to fit in, and balance with all the other stuff she had going on, but she got there. The plan of getting much of that done as a child greatly helped. As of right here, this moment, Maxine ages up with 46 traits. It was a gold party, too.

Max and Molly managed to choreograph walking out of the library through separate doors, at the same time.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2022, 06:38:56 PM »

The End. :)

Exit Bunthorne.

anything