Author Topic: Join after school activity, quit high school?  (Read 11068 times)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Join after school activity, quit high school?
« on: July 28, 2022, 09:18:06 PM »
Ok I tried to have a sim join cheerleading, and I got a confirmation message to the effect "Do I want to drop out of high school and take up cheerleading?"
Has anyone else seen this?  Do you really drop out?  And do I have a mod making that happen?  My guess would be MCCC, since that does have a drop out option.

And also, one of my sims was already an A student in high school.  She keeps getting messages saying she can graduate early.  So... can she then enroll in university right away?  Or get an adult job?  Otherwise... Why would I want to?

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Join after school activity, quit high school?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2022, 10:21:41 PM »
My sim is a cheerleader and never seen that message. In fact currently my teen wolf is a cheerleader, a high school student and a sim influencer. The demands are beyond stupid on the poor kids time. Between needs, time at three "jobs" homework, reviews. and cheer practice, on the none weekends I have zero time to do anything else. I too get spammed with offers to graduate early. Never tried it as my sims goals involve being in high school. I too want to know what happens if you graduate early. Just not yet willing to throw away my goal of earning all four teen aspirations. Is any one elses game seem extra glitchy? Nothing big just things randomly dropping off the que or the sim just standing there. Just a bunch of random small glitches?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 11:40:54 PM »
@Brian_Z

There was an MCCC update following the June 26 patch. Did you update?
Also, I wonder if you've previously set MCCC to enable teens to quit high school. 
Otherwise, I don't know if TS4 actually allows teen sims to quit high school without being expelled (expulsion being a new thing with High School Years).

Haha, sorry for not being very helpful.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2022, 12:03:56 AM »
my game is mod free right now. Also I aged her up from a child. I get that spam call every sim day sometimes twice. It is majorly annoying. You get when the teen is an "A" student with well developed skills. But yes you can both graduate early and drop out with this pack. I do not know what happens when you do, but you can.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2022, 02:40:29 PM »
Ok I tried to have a sim join cheerleading, and I got a confirmation message to the effect "Do I want to drop out of high school and take up cheerleading?"
Has anyone else seen this?  Do you really drop out?  And do I have a mod making that happen?  My guess would be MCCC, since that does have a drop out option.

And also, one of my sims was already an A student in high school.  She keeps getting messages saying she can graduate early.  So... can she then enroll in university right away?  Or get an adult job?  Otherwise... Why would I want to?

That would be majorly awesome if our teen could graduate early and enroll in uni in her 2nd week as a teen.  It's such an awesome idea that we can probably bet it won't happen, LOL.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2022, 03:41:07 PM »
Yes, I have set MCCC to allow teens to drop out.  So I should probably find that, and undo it?  Seeing as the game now allows dropping out anyway?  But yes, I do have the updated version of MCCC.
Maybe I'll do a quick test, cheat a teen a bunch of skills and an A grade, and see what they're allowed to do if they accept early graduation.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2022, 03:44:08 PM »

That would be majorly awesome if our teen could graduate early and enroll in uni in her 2nd week as a teen.  It's such an awesome idea that we can probably bet it won't happen, LOL.

I have a mod that allows that!  I should locate it and remove it, to make sure that it's the game allowing it, and not that mod!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2022, 08:07:22 PM »
Okay, yes, you can go to uni early if you graduate HS early.  It also said something about getting a head start in a career, but when I tried that, only the usual Teen jobs showed up.

Also the thing with trying to join cheerleading making you quit school, does seem to have been caused by MCCC's "teens can drop out" setting.  Turning that back off seems to have fixed it.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2022, 01:32:37 AM »
They are talking auto leveling past the first few levels of a carrer. Kinda like graduating with an "A" does. Also you can enroll in Uni. as a teen if you graduate early. @oshizu Your dream can true! It did happen. Actually that gives Discover University more of a point. Before you could level a career about as fast as you could earn a degree. but now you can start Uni as a teen it is more useful.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2022, 04:24:30 PM »
My teen graduated early and could enrol at uni but I aged him up and entered the Doctor career at level 3 without Connections. I don't know if that reward trait would have upped it even more...

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2022, 05:42:47 PM »
They are talking auto leveling past the first few levels of a carrer. Kinda like graduating with an "A" does. Also you can enroll in Uni. as a teen if you graduate early. @oshizu Your dream can true! It did happen. Actually that gives Discover University more of a point. Before you could level a career about as fast as you could earn a degree. but now you can start Uni as a teen it is more useful.

Hmm. I am playing that situation right now (a teen graduating early and going to University) and it seems like the EA folks didn't really put a lot of effort into making the two packs work together. My teen can't join university organizations - she got the scholarship letter saying she had won the E-Sports scholarship, but she's not on the team, even when I clicked on the stadium and tried to get her to join. She also can't join the Brainiacs. When she goes to a club event and talks to a member, the usual club socials aren't available, it's just like talking to any other Sim.

Stuff I would consider to be "high school stuff" is still active, too. She still has the "Brag About Grades" social even though she's graduated, and keeps getting invited to prom.

I love the idea of the HSY pack, but some of the bugs are really frustrating  :(

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2022, 07:42:54 PM »

Hmm. I am playing that situation right now (a teen graduating early and going to University) and it seems like the EA folks didn't really put a lot of effort into making the two packs work together. My teen can't join university organizations - she got the scholarship letter saying she had won the E-Sports scholarship, but she's not on the team, even when I clicked on the stadium and tried to get her to join.

...and in her second term, it worked! She just auto-joined the e-sports team as usual. Huh.

However, I just noticed that she doesn't have the option to tutor other students when I click on the academic buildings, which means there's no way to complete the Academic aspiration as a teen  :(

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2022, 09:22:14 PM »
Yeah I had been hoping they fixed that part about teens not having the option to tutor.  I had a mod that allowed teens to enroll in university before this pack came out, and that was the only problem with it.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2022, 12:54:31 AM »
Hmm. I am playing that situation right now (a teen graduating early and going to University) and it seems like the EA folks didn't really put a lot of effort into making the two packs work together. My teen can't join university organizations - she got the scholarship letter saying she had won the E-Sports scholarship, but she's not on the team, even when I clicked on the stadium and tried to get her to join. She also can't join the Brainiacs. When she goes to a club event and talks to a member, the usual club socials aren't available, it's just like talking to any other Sim.

Stuff I would consider to be "high school stuff" is still active, too. She still has the "Brag About Grades" social even though she's graduated, and keeps getting invited to prom.

I love the idea of the HSY pack, but some of the bugs are really frustrating  :(
How odd that your teen could suddenly join the eSport team in her 2nd term.
And, wow, if a teen can start uni early, they should be able to complete all tasks of the Academic aspiration, too!

Like the Goal-Oriented aspiration--the final milestone "Reach L3 in a side hustle" can only be completed by maxing one of the two new careers that came with High School Years.
If my teen maxes a teen career from base game or Island Living, that doesn't count.

And once a teen graduates early from high school, feeling festering bitterness about no prom invite makes no sense at all.
It's great having a more fleshed-out teen stage but more cross-pack integration would be great.

Offline techiechick

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2022, 04:22:50 PM »

Like the Goal-Oriented aspiration--the final milestone "Reach L3 in a side hustle" can only be completed by maxing one of the two new careers that came with High School Years.
If my teen maxes a teen career from base game or Island Living, that doesn't count.

Yeah... I also found that having maxed a side hustle didn't allow my teen to apply for the Workplace Scholar scholarship either. Which I guess makes sense, since the side hustles are supposed to be more of an independent self-employed thing rather than a traditional job.

anything