Author Topic: [BUG] The trouble with uninvited guests... (Solved ?)  (Read 6032 times)

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
[BUG] The trouble with uninvited guests... (Solved ?)
« on: July 15, 2022, 10:19:20 AM »
Hello.

OK, so now that I think I have my laptop game set the way I want it the desktop game just had to come up with a way of messing with me... If anyone knows how to deal with this I will be happy.

Yes, this is about my un updated desktop game. I have been playing with Johnny Zest and his girlfriend for a couple of in-game days and I have discovered a issue with uninvited guests coming to their lot. Sims who don't care to even knock on the door, they just walk straight in and start using my sims computer, tv, toilet or eating their food. (Occasionally they also clean things up so it's not only bad - but unwanted). There is no way of making them leave as this interactions does not show up. The only thing that Johnny and his fiance can do is say Good bay but that leads to nothing. So far only this family is effected by this. Now, I have discovered that the only way to get rid of the unwanted guest is to send one of my sims off lot.  I have not tried to just let them "travel" and return home, I don't think it work.

Now I have had issues before with interactions in the queue (almost all families had this issue) that could not be aborted. The actions simply would not disappear  from the queue and the only solution was to take a sim off lot. (This could not be fixed by repairing the game I remember). But faulty queue lines is one thing - having NPC's making themself at home where they don't live is another. I did check the traits but there is nothing "special" about those NPC's. If I let my sims invite one of the NPC's then they can asked to leave like normal. But when they come to the lot themself it does not. And locking the door does not stop them either  >:(
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The trouble with uninvited guests...
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2022, 11:16:28 AM »
It looks like this is a known issue that has various causes:

[NEEDS SAVES] Sims invade homes (no ask to leave/Send home)
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Sims-invade-homes-no-ask-to-leave-Send-home/td-p/11240237
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
Re: [BUG] The trouble with uninvited guests...
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2022, 11:50:27 AM »
Wow, that thread was quite a lot. That shows that I'm not the only one and that's nice... In a way. Member "Khitteh" said in post #26 that the problem could be fixed temporary by Shift-clicking the "invader"  and then choose "destroy object". The uninvited sim would then be banished out world for a while. It was some talk about the option being deleted by EA but if the option is there I will try it. 

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2022, 03:58:30 PM »
The option should be there if you have TwistedMexi's All Cheats mod.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2022, 04:32:12 PM »
The option should be there if you have TwistedMexi's All Cheats mod.

Sorry. I don't have it.  :-[ 

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2022, 09:04:04 AM »
TwistedMexi's site should be easy enough to google.  It's a pretty simple mod that just brings back various cheats that were originally in the game, and were then removed again a long time ago.  Destroy Object will get rid of a problem object.  Doing it to a sim will make them disappear, but they aren't removed from the game, they will just suddenly be home again.
I've had the mod installed for ages, and I've never had to update it.  Chances are, if you're still using an old patch, TM's All Cheats will still work fine.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2022, 11:51:52 AM »
OK, thanks a lot.

I did play the Zest family today and guess what happened? Nothing! Typical, when you really want to get the problem it never occurs... I even had testingcheats enabled just in case but nope, nothing. But I will come back to the family later and see if the problem remains.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2022, 12:18:08 PM »
A small update here. The bug was not gone - it had just changed district. I wanted to play a family in Willow Creek and now they had random townies invading their home. And No, the alternative to delete objects was not there when I Shift - clicked. So as it seems I had to go and get the mod. Is it this mod? https://www.patreon.com/posts/cheat-fix-for-22697405 As it seems it should be placed directly into the Mods folder (I'm not familiar with scrip mods). And do I need this mod also? https://www.patreon.com/posts/fix-destroy-26404031

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2022, 02:51:21 PM »
The ones you found are probably similar, but TwistedMexi has his own site for his mods: https://twistedmexi.com/

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2022, 03:01:09 PM »
The ones you found are probably similar, but TwistedMexi has his own site for his mods: https://twistedmexi.com/

Yes, I know. But the download link does take me to the Patreon...  ???

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2022, 06:32:45 PM »
Yes the first link you shared seems to be TwistedMexi's AllCheats. Download the mod and copy it to your mods folder. \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods

Delete the localthumbcache.package file.

I am not sure if you need the Destroy Objects Mod as well or not.

I suppose you could load the save with just the AllCheats mod, check to see if you're able to delete and object or Sim or not.  If no, download the Destroy Objects Mod, copy it to the Mods folder. Delete the localthumbcache.package file. And try to delete something again to see if it works better.

It seems you're correct TwistedMexi's mod links goes directly to his Patreon page.  This seems to be normal as that's where it looks like his mods are stored.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2022, 01:20:05 PM »
So, I did download both mods and I had to move both mods into the Mods folder for the wanted option to show up in game. I thought that I would not see any "guests" this time but on the 2:nd day I spotted a unknown man cleaning a sink while my sims where sleeping. So I deleted him. I did not catch his name but I remember how he looked so I can see if he comes back. The pic is just for showing, I did not delete my sim Linea as she lives on this lot.

Small language lesson: "Förstör föremål" means "destroy object" in Swedish (Box marked with red for identification).

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2022, 02:11:17 PM »
Getting an example shot, great thinking!! That way you know it's working!! Yay!! :)

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2022, 12:17:41 PM »
Well, this is slowly moving towards the ridiculous...

Now my own sims begins to "spam" my  played families. However, there is a step I haven't done yet. MrsFlynn wrote in her post that the "localthumbcache.package" file should be deleted. I have not done that but I have found it in the Sims4 mapp. Is it a safe thing to delete this file and will that change anything in my game (the issue is moving around quite a bit).

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2022, 01:52:46 PM »
I am not familiar with the Sims 4 Mapp folder. I did look at Crinrict's User Files Explained article and there was no mention of that folder.

User files explained
https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/user-files-explained/

If you're talking that you found the localthumbcache.package in your Sims 4 Mods folder, then yes it's safe to delete from there. As it's not suppose to be in that folder.

From Crinrict's page linked above:

localthumbcache.package: Cache file. Gets big fast. Recreates when deleted. Always delete this file after adding/removing CC and Mods.

----

It's helpful to delete the localthumbcache.package cache file when troubleshooting issues with your game and when adding or deleting mods or custom content from your game.

I think of it as it helping to refresh the game's memory of what mods and custom content has been removed.

anything