Author Topic: [BUG] The trouble with uninvited guests... (Solved ?)  (Read 6022 times)

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
Re: [BUG] The trouble with uninvited guests...
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2022, 03:08:50 PM »
Sorry, I happen to write the Swedish word "mapp", it's the same as "folder". OK, thank you for the confirmation. I will try this tomorrow.  :)
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2022, 06:22:06 PM »
Ah, thank you for the clarification!! :)

Ooooh my goodness!! I just re-read what I had posted a few days ago about deleting the localthumbcache.package file. Most likely causing confusion.  I'm -really- sorry about that!!

Also I didn't mention where to find that file, as I usually try to do. *Blush*

I need to correct and maybe clarify the localthumbcache.package file is not suppose to be in the Mods folder. It shouldn't be saving there either.

The localthumbcache.package file is located in the \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

Hopefully that clears up the confusion about the cache file?
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2022, 04:34:06 PM »
No worries what so ever, I have a big part in messing things up. The said file is in the Sims 4 folder and nowhere else.

So, I have done some play testing with a family that had a problem with uninvited guests. After deleting the localthumbcache.package file I could see that the problem was gone. From this family at least... At first it looked like the action did block all guests as a few in-game days did pass without a single visit but slowly the friends found their way back to my sims. I did check all guests, both the one who was greeted by the door and the ones who walked in themself, and the action to send the sim home was always there. Now, I don't know if the problem have moved somewhere else but  let's hope it's gone.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2022, 06:18:09 PM »
Hi Mod Hunter! You can find that file in your documents/sims 4 folder. It is safe to delete it. I just had a "guru" tell me that last night.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2022, 07:50:30 PM »
Not only is it safe but I consider it part of maintenance when adding removing, or updating a mod pack or the game itself. It is the first thing I so when facing a glitch or bug. Sometimes I do it just to do it. Doing so slows down loading when you first load thw game but your game will have fewer glitches and bugs.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
Re: [BUG] The trouble with uninvited guests... (Solved ?)
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2022, 11:13:23 AM »
So I did play a pair of "neglected" families today. And yes, more random guests. I did delete them with shift+click - destroy object. I also did delete the localthumbcache.package file.  Next time I play I will go to this family and see what happens. 

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2022, 03:51:14 PM »
I'm seeing more uninvited guests with High School Years.  Your teens' friends they met at school will stroll right in, and ask to be best friends or ask them to the prom.  You can accept all requests to be best friends, and they won't undo whatever BFF relationship they already have with someone else.  It's just a friendship boost.

Hilariously, some of those school friends are asking my teens' MOTHER to the prom!  Since you aren't actually paired with your prom date in any way, I don't think Mom would be able to attend even if she accepted.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2022, 04:32:29 PM »
That sound quite interesting... asking someones mother to join them for the prom. Why not?  :)

Not to go off topic but I did read that they was able to get those bugs out. Good thing because they really had some serious consequences  in the game. Sadly enough, they will not learn to playtest their patches in the future... (Only mention this because it's related to the High School Years).