Author Topic: Cloning and Clowning Around  (Read 6302 times)

Offline jesslc

• Townie
Re: Cloning and Clowning Around
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2022, 07:12:47 AM »
When I open the spreadsheet it says view only. It won't let me put in a score to test it in the top sheet (the one that's called "Type in this sheet").
As with all the challenge spreadsheets you have to make a copy to input your information.
Whoops! Last year's overachiever spreadsheet let me test out something without making a copy first and I forgot that this is not usually the case. I have now made a copy of this one and everything works fine.

Each clone also has to become best friends with the Sim that he or she was cloned from. Once this happens, the clone can use the "Ask to Move In" interaction so that the clone and its Tragic Clown can move into the household of the clone's original sim. You'll move out the clone and clown but keep your starting Sim's household as the playable household.
I've tried to do this twice in my practice file and both times I ended up with the clone's new household as the playable household. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I followed these instructions exactly except I can't find anything called "Ask to move in" - all I have is "Ask to join household" (under friendly interactions) or the options on the phone. Is "ask to join household" what you mean by "ask to move in" ? (If not, where do I find "ask to move in" ?)

And how do I make the game stay with my original sim instead than following the clone & clown when they move out?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2022, 09:49:33 AM »
When I open the spreadsheet it says view only. It won't let me put in a score to test it in the top sheet (the one that's called "Type in this sheet").
As with all the challenge spreadsheets you have to make a copy to input your information.
Whoops! Last year's overachiever spreadsheet let me test out something without making a copy first and I forgot that this is not usually the case. I have now made a copy of this one and everything works fine.

Each clone also has to become best friends with the Sim that he or she was cloned from. Once this happens, the clone can use the "Ask to Move In" interaction so that the clone and its Tragic Clown can move into the household of the clone's original sim. You'll move out the clone and clown but keep your starting Sim's household as the playable household.
I've tried to do this twice in my practice file and both times I ended up with the clone's new household as the playable household. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I followed these instructions exactly except I can't find anything called "Ask to move in" - all I have is "Ask to join household" (under friendly interactions) or the options on the phone. Is "ask to join household" what you mean by "ask to move in" ? (If not, where do I find "ask to move in" ?)

And how do I make the game stay with my original sim instead than following the clone & clown when they move out?

When you are in the box to move out the selected sims/clones, make sure before you exit, that the founder/scientists select. They will have the green outline. This will keep your sim as the active household.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Occult
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2022, 05:02:44 PM »
Possibly a silly question: but for scoring/time; the day we start is considered Week 1 Day 1, yes?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2022, 05:53:50 PM »
Possibly a silly question: but for scoring/time; the day we start is considered Week 1 Day 1, yes?

Hi, sone. Correct...all files start on Week 1, day 1.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2022, 01:06:34 PM »
Yay - I'm First In! Very much a challenge of 2 halves, thanks guys.

My score from plugging time into spreadsheet is 38057.

Offline sone

• Occult
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2022, 06:13:56 PM »

When you are in the box to move out the selected sims/clones, make sure before you exit, that the founder/scientists select. They will have the green outline. This will keep your sim as the active household.

Even with my founder selected in a green outline, i'm still being moved to the moving sims house every time. Is it fine to go to manage worlds and go back to the household I mean to be with? Is this a bug?

Offline sone

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2022, 07:12:42 PM »
I finished on Week 4 Friday at 1:33am for a score of 37053. However, no matter what I selected in the moving screens with the clones and clowns moving in with their originals, I was always moved to the 'new household'. I tried selecting all sims in Original household, only scientist, no sims selected with green outline, all sims selected, all sims in new household selected. So, if this is a disqualified, DNF.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heather3028

• Nooboo
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2022, 10:10:59 PM »
I finished on the Sunday of Week 4 at 11:48am, for a score of 30468. I really enjoyed this challenge, but I had the same issue where I always followed the clone & clown to the new household no matter what I tried. So I had to go to Manage Worlds to switch back to my original household every single time I moved somebody out.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2022, 01:29:26 AM »
Sorry, I didn't say when I posted my score but, yes I had the same issue - ending up in the household with the clone/clown/original.  I always immediately went to Manage World's and back to my scientist. I'm a DNF to if that's a fail?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2022, 05:42:49 AM »
Sounds like a buggy issue with moving that everybody is having. No worries, guys. Looks like you found a simple solution.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2022, 10:44:28 PM »
Hi everyone,

This is my third challenge of the season.

After I plugged my info into the spreadsheet, this was my score:
Week 6 Thursday day 5 at 1:06 a.m.
55746 minutes

Thanks for a very fun and unique challenge, team :)!

Coolsim

Offline SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2022, 09:32:11 PM »
Hello!
Week 3, Day 1, 12:44pm

So 20444?

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2022, 07:59:36 AM »
Done by Week 1, Thursday, 4:25 PM for a total score of 6265 minutes.

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2022, 03:46:04 AM »
Wow! :o 
I look forward to hearing how that was possible

My sim finished Week 2, Thursday at 9:37am – according to the spreadsheet that’s 15937

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2022, 07:55:10 AM »
All done. Finished on Week 4, Thursday at 3:26 pm.

36446 minutes.

It's nice to see better participation in this event compared to the last challenge.

anything