Author Topic: Cloning and Clowning Around  (Read 6278 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Cloning and Clowning Around
« on: July 15, 2022, 04:29:22 AM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Goal
Your starting Sim is the evil genius Dr. Chaos, who plans to destroy the Simiverse from within. The dastardly plot is to clone an unsuspecting member from each of 8 households and move that clone in with its original, along with -- gasp! -- a Tragic Clown. Mwahaha! Your goal is to make that plot a success, even if you suffer from coulrophobia (fear of clowns).

General Challenge Rules
The General Challenge Rules always apply. If applicable, exceptions will be noted below.

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create a Human YA in CAS with the traits evil and genius (the 3rd is your choice). Click on the gender customization button and under "Pregnancy", choose Neither. (It's come to our attention that the aliens don't pay attention to the gender customization option, and your male Sim can still return pregnant from an abduction. We suggest you have him build a satellite dish to use for protection.)
  • Settings for Neighborhood Stories System, Seasons, and Weather: player's choice.
  • This Sim will get a job in the Science career and will be able to create the clone machine beginning at level 5.
  • Your starting Sim also has to have the Tragic Clown painting hanging on a wall.
  • Each clone has to summon a Tragic Clown from the painting and become friendly enough with the TC to ask him or her to move in**.
  • Each clone also has to become best friends with the Sim that he or she was cloned from. Once this happens, the clone can use the "Ask to Move In" interaction so that the clone and its Tragic Clown can move into the household of the clone's original sim. You'll move out the clone and clown but keep your starting Sim's household as the playable household.
  • The game ends when your 8 clones have moved out with their clowns. Your score is the age of your starting Sim at the end.
  • Important: Do not age up using birthday cake - let the game auto-age Sims.

**Clones and Clowns are the only acceptable household additions.

Scoring

This challenge is a speed test and the information you plug into Cloning and Clowning Around Spreadsheet will convert your score to total minutes. You must provide the Week, day, hour, and minutes of your final day after you have finished and pause the game.

Total Minutes — Plug in all the necessary information into the Spreadsheet and it will automatically give you how many minutes you needed to complete the challenge.

Have Questions?
If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event. The winner is expected to provide detailed information on their strategy. Keep notes as you play your file.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Total Minutes
Nikitachi6265
Nandarelle7481
jesslc15937
SueDenim20444
Heather302830468
Metropolis Man36446
sone37053
Granny Lawlor38057
coolsim999999955746

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Cloning and Clowning Around
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2022, 04:30:05 AM »
Rule Edits

July 16, 2022 -- Clarification of the "Ask to Move In" social.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2022, 02:10:25 AM »
This looks great fun. I'm hoping to be able to play it  :)

A few queries:
Once the clone has asked the TC to move in, it asks it's original Sim to move in (once they're Best Friends) and then all 3 get moved out to a separate new household?
Can they move in with another family?
If "no" to the last, do they need more than an empty lot? (I'm assuming they can't move to "Not in World")
Are there any restrictions on how much cash is transferred during the move-in?

Thanks team

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2022, 03:04:22 PM »

A few queries:
Once the clone has asked the TC to move in, it asks it's original Sim to move in (once they're Best Friends) and then all 3 get moved out to a separate new household?
If "no" to the last, do they need more than an empty lot? (I'm assuming they can't move to "Not in World")

Thanks team

You can only add to the household with the clone and the clown as per the rules.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2022, 10:47:26 PM »
Rule clarification

The rule about moving out has been edited as follows:

Each clone also has to become best friends with the Sim that he or she was cloned from. Once this happens, the clone can use the "Ask to Move In" interaction so that the clone and its Tragic Clown can move into the household of the clone's original sim. You'll move out the clone and clown but keep your starting Sim's household as the playable household.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2022, 10:49:23 PM »

A few queries:

Thanks team

When moving a clone and its Tragic Clown into the household of that clone's original sim, do not transfer funds from the destination household to your starting sim's household.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2022, 12:59:40 AM »
Aha! Thanks for the clarification. I had totally mis-read it.
I'm looking forward to playing this!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2022, 11:37:56 PM »
New sims made in CAS don't always start at the same age. In testing I've had new sims that start at 22 days to ageing up and others (also straight out of CAS) that are 21 days to ageing up. I'm pretty sure I've seen even less days than this in the past too.

Perhaps it would be better to have the score time be calculated based on how long it's been since week 1, Sun 8am - like in the overachiever challenge from last year? That way everyone gets to start on an even footing.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2022, 01:32:10 AM »
New sims made in CAS don't always start at the same age. In testing I've had new sims that start at 22 days to ageing up and others (also straight out of CAS) that are 21 days to ageing up. I'm pretty sure I've seen even less days than this in the past too.

Perhaps it would be better to have the score time be calculated based on how long it's been since week 1, Sun 8am - like in the overachiever challenge from last year? That way everyone gets to start on an even footing.
I've noticed the same for brand new sims created in CAS.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2022, 07:47:25 AM »

That's a good idea.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2022, 08:35:25 AM »
I will fix the spreadsheet today.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2022, 09:38:05 AM »
I will fix the spreadsheet today.

Thanks, @sdhoey . :)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2022, 04:30:49 PM »
@jesslc would you mind checking that the spreadsheet is linked correctly for me?

Shannon

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2022, 08:44:16 AM »
When I open the spreadsheet it says view only. It won't let me put in a score to test it in the top sheet (the one that's called "Type in this sheet").

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2022, 08:59:43 AM »
When I open the spreadsheet it says view only. It won't let me put in a score to test it in the top sheet (the one that's called "Type in this sheet").
As with all the challenge spreadsheets you have to make a copy to input your information.

anything