Author Topic: High School Years expansion pack July 28th.  (Read 5658 times)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: High School Years expansion pack July 28th.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2022, 03:44:49 PM »
That's 11 AM, for the livestream.
The trailer looks good, and they're addressing more long-time wish list items.  I'm sure I'll get it, because I get everything but the kits.  How good will it be?  I think we'll have a better idea after watching the live stream.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2022, 06:34:14 PM »
Oops. Thanks for the correction.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2022, 04:21:35 AM »
OK I raised a werewolf to right before she turns to a teen for this pack in prep. She got all her childhood learnable skills and asperation/scouting traits, top notch  toddler trait and a grad school A grade. I plan on morphing her forcing her to move to a new town with nothing. Making her go threw her new school life and her first transformation alone. No family, her friends nowhere to be seen. She will fight for her dream to graduate with honors and ern a full ride scholarship  to study physics at Foxbury University and become a scientist. Or will her animal nature and hard life stop her?

What are all of your plans for this Hogh School years pack plans?

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2022, 12:18:51 PM »
Wow, a bit more elaborate than anything I've come up with!
I've mostly been thinking, gee I really ought to get a household ready for it... but it's still a few weeks away...
I do have a lot of Day 1 Teens, played through from birth and achieving as much as possible, saved to my library though.  Even if I've neglected to get a household ready, they're ready to go already.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2022, 01:58:50 AM »
Well I want a challenge. I chose physics as robotics and rocket science will be hard to pull off with a poor homeless teen sim. (I am bulldozing the lot she moves to and building her a empty 3X3 shed and then zeroing her money. Getting that workstation will priority number one. I am banning travel.) Werewolves are masters on creating cheap opportunities to work on handiness. but those other two are going to be hard. I also want debate mastered as well. Good thing her home will be a micro home. With exploring the new pack, pulling off the rags to physics collage student thing with a full ride, and being a crazed werewolf she will have her hands full. Not to mention boys. She is a lonely teen with hormones after all. I think it will be funny if she wolfs out for the first time mid date. Talk about drama. LOL After all no mom or dad to talk to her about the facts of being a werebeast and the dangers of a full moon. This is going to be fun! She will try out cheer as she will try to hide her inner fears with popularity.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2022, 02:30:07 PM »
...Or imagine her going into a rampage on the sidelines on Friday night.  "Gimme a ARRRRGH AHHH-- AWOOOOOOO!"

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2022, 04:35:09 AM »
That would be an issue. Especially since full moons tend to happen of Friday and so do football games. This sounds fun.

Anyway I edited the OP to add the new videos.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2022, 01:11:18 AM »
Updated OP with a new Instagram link for a shirt on fashion, trendy, the thrift store and prom.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2022, 03:01:11 PM »
Added one las0 video on prom to OP.

Offline Kamxam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2022, 11:35:46 AM »
Already pre-ordered here. Have gotten every kit, pack and expansion so far for the Sims series so guess i'm not stopping now. :)   
Planning to have my Werewolf/Vampire Couple have some kids so they can use this pack.
(I'm just hoping EA will let us have Hybrid and Ghost kids some day that don't need to be made from the Wishing well, etc)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2022, 04:18:26 PM »
I just watched the livestream and the pack looked fun but the free stuff everyone gets is just WOW. Curved walls, Wants and fears, a sexual attraction system, and body hair. That is a lot for free. Free stuff good. I am most excited about wants and fears or the fears in particular. I hope the consequences are real with them. I noticed they added consequences to the pack like some careers being off the table if you don't graduate.  This is good. sims needs more real consequences. 3 new woohoo spots, one new death. 4 new teen only asperations, one new trait. It looks like teens will feel like something other then mini adults with this pack. This is great.

What are you most excited about? Are you planning on getting this pack? I am but I buy every pack.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2022, 09:04:56 PM »
Wow, yes, so much stuff in this one!  It makes up for the new world being a bit on the small side, because you can see where the time was spent instead.
Teens suddenly go from being a limbo state where you might as well spend your time blitzing as many skills as you can, to being the best developed life stage there is. 

I can't decide what I'm most excited about, I just know I really want to get my hands on this one.  Also I didn't watch all the way through, I got home from work just in time for the very tail end and watched about half the playback.
The T-Pose Challenge made me laugh.  Their own take on the stupid social media fads.  It would also be funny if there was an idiotically dangerous one too!  The Spoiled Pufferfish Nigiri Challenge?

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2022, 09:57:26 PM »
Well there is a urban legend involving a mirror that teens can do that can be lethal. Does that count?

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2022, 08:57:19 AM »
Well there is a urban legend involving a mirror that teens can do that can be lethal. Does that count?
Wait, what?  Did I turn off the playback too soon?

anything