Author Topic: The Great Summertime Deep Freeze  (Read 2788 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
The Great Summertime Deep Freeze
« on: June 15, 2022, 05:04:41 AM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Goal
It's the heat of the summer, so thanks to a neat idea from coolsim9999999, we're offering up a simple challenge — turn as many Sims as you can into icicles! Think of it as Christmas in July.

General Challenge Rules

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create a YA in CAS — any life state. Do not use Story mode.
  • Before entering Live Mode, enter Manage Households one time only to select your global Neighborhood Story System (NSS) settings for "My Households" and "Other Households."
  • Before entering Live Mode, add any missing community lots to your world you wish. You are allowed to edit community lots but must not alter them structurally (move walls, add a basement, etc.)
  • You must have all weather types enabled and cannot purchase any weather-related perks.
  • Controlled Sims must remain outdoors, except when taking care of their needs. Going indoors to warm up is not allowed.
  • Clubs are allowed.
  • The Weather Machine is banned.
  • The SimRay must be crafted, not purchased.
  • There are no restrictions on moving or household additions.
  • The challenge ends on Week 3, Day 1, 8 a.m.

Scoring

Frozen Sims: Your score is solely determined by the number of unique Sims frozen — from Child to Elder. Frozen townies count as well. As you play your file and notice a frozen Sim, pause your game to jot down their name. Stop playing at Week 3, Day 1, 8 a.m. to add up all the different names.

Have Questions?
If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event. The winner is expected to provide detailed information on their strategy. Keep notes as you play your file.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Frozen Sims
coolsim9999999155
Metropolis Man47
jesslc34

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Great Summertime Deep Freeze
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022, 05:06:02 AM »
6/20 — Added a new restriction...

• The Weather Machine is banned.

6/21 -- Added one more restriction...

• The SimRay must be crafted, not purchased.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2022, 02:07:37 AM »
Hi everyone,

My Sim, Make Sims Freeze was able to get 155 unique Sims frozen by Week 3, Day 1, 8 a.m.

That was so fun!

I hope everyone has as much fun as I did.

Thanks so much team for using my challenge idea. 8)

Coolsim

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 05:01:13 AM »
No, thank you, @coolsim9999999 ...fantastic idea.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2022, 02:03:33 PM »
You're welcome, Metro! I'm so happy you liked my idea 8).

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2022, 09:44:25 AM »
This cool challenge ends this coming Sunday, so chill out and finish up your file soon. ;)

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2022, 08:35:46 AM »
Had an unusually busy month and only managed to play a couple of days. Unique sims frozen - 34

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2022, 02:22:15 PM »
Had an unusually busy month and only managed to play a couple of days. Unique sims frozen - 34

I hear you. I only started my file yesterday, but I still wanted to post a score. Too busy feeding my Shop Titans addiction lately lol. 47 frozen Sims.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2022, 05:11:23 AM »
This challenge is now over.

3 participants? Oh, well. :) Seems to be the nature of the beast this whole season. My thanks to coolsim for a unique idea.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2022, 05:15:08 AM »
You're welcome.  8) I'm glad the 3 of us had fun, Metro!  I stayed up way too late.  I'm going to bed now, and I can write my strategy after my 3 p.m. EDT appointment later today.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2022, 05:43:44 PM »
Hi everyone, Here's my strategy 8)!

Make Sims Freeze had the same dress and hair style as in the picture for this event --- except for cold weather dress from seasons with boots to match)
She had the following traits : mean genius insider and nerd brain aspiration for the quick learner buff.
Had a tiny residential 20X15 lot in Snowy Escape.
lot traits: peace and quiet study spot science lair to get have eurika moments and to logic skill up.

1st day right away got a job as a scientist: built a pool, bought a skating rink and started a club called Freeze.
Before the sim ray all days:
Had a club which I kept going for most of the file starting from day 1.  I got rally the troops on the first day. As people froze by doing club activities (building snowmen, having snowball fights, snow angels, ice skating and skinny dipping in the pool, I just added 7 new sims to the club and had them join household. I tried to get Sims with money to join household to increase my funds (Goths, Landgraabs and Judith Ward! Judith loved to be in her bathing suit outside in the winter.  Of course, I had to hope the club members would want to wear something other than cold weather clothes outside, and the pool certainly helped with that.

I locked the club out of house.
Outside, I had cheap kindermade children’s beds for all club members, 7 coolers an outdoor shower and an “anything goes” bush.
She had 2 thermostats with heat on --- for when she needed to fill her needs. Only things for filling needs were in the house 2 rooms each with a separate door.  Her books, etc. were in her inventory and used outside in her cold weather outfit.  By the time she was about to maybe get chilled, she'd have to fill a need.  I had her sit right outside the door in a camping chair.
Rinse and repeat.

Before the sim ray on days off:
Made friends and added to household/club and adopted 11 children named First Frozen up to Eleventh Frozen.
Singing in summer clothes in cold weather worked the best.
Got some elders.
Traveled some with the portable bed, shower and cooler after she got the always welcome trait to public lots, but public lots got better after she invented the sim ray and waited for sims to come outside the public places or homes. If she needed to fill her needs, then, she'd go inside public places. Rinse and repeat.

After she invented the Sim Ray on the Monday of week 2:
I had her get married (eloped with one of the Snowy Escape guys) got pregnant toward the end of the file, but I had frozen so many sims that I named that baby Not Frozen.

In each world, knocking on doors and getting them outside was the best and fastest way to freeze sims.  I got all the sims in Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Windenburg and Snowy Escape if I hadn’t found them in public or added to household in a club. I found sims from the following places in public: BriteChester Del Sol Valley, San Myshuno, Glimmerbrook, Strangerville (Ted Roswell) and Country Living (Agatha Crumplebottom).

She froze some coworkers eventually after sim ray was invented.

I also used the Sim Ray in crowded places, such as outside the bar in country living, the Art Center in San Myshuno, the flea market and spice festival in San Myshuno.  There were no blizzards in any worlds.

Coolsim

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2022, 02:23:25 AM »
Wow! Did the frozen adoptees get taken back by Social Services? They were really falling down on their background checks to let you adopt so many! Lol

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2022, 02:33:58 AM »
No --- Grim came by, instead @Granny Lawlor :-X
That was before my Sim had invented the Sim Ray, so all eleven children froze by singing outside in summer clothes.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2022, 04:59:03 AM »
No --- Grim came by, instead @Granny Lawlor :-X
That was before my Sim had invented the Sim Ray, so all eleven children froze by singing outside in summer clothes.
Wow - that's .... intense...?

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2022, 01:45:30 PM »
That's how sims freeze before the Sim Ray is invented. If they're outside and get chilled, then freezing to death, then, they turn into an icicle and Grim comes.  That's what happened to club members who went in the pool or stayed in their bathing suit.  I asked club members to join household, and I dressed them in summer clothes, too.  After she invented the sim ray, Sims don't die, they just get frozen for  awhile, and they don't like your sim too much.