Author Topic: Literally 7 Heroes - Complete  (Read 19258 times)

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Literally Seven Heroes 5.5: Who Let The Dogs Out?
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2022, 04:57:44 PM »
I was also puzzled with one of my sims wearing gloves all the time, but finally figured out they're part of Adventure Gear for rock climbing, lol.

So, Darwin can simply unequip her Adventure Gear in the same way that she initially equipped it.
As for collections, I like to take a screenshot when a collection is complete to avoid subsequent inventory scalliwaggery by my game, haha.
Glad to hear those hard-won Omiscan items showed up!
Gratz on completing yet another project!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Literally Seven Heroes 5.5: Who Let The Dogs Out?
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2022, 05:04:59 PM »
I was also puzzled with one of my sims wearing gloves all the time, but finally figured out they're part of Adventure Gear for rock climbing, lol.

So, Darwin can simply unequip her Adventure Gear in the same way that she initially equipped it.
As for collections, I like to take a screenshot when a collection is complete to avoid subsequent inventory scalliwaggery by my game, haha.
Glad to hear those hard-won Omiscan items showed up!
Gratz on completing yet another project!
Aha, I'm glad about the gloves fix. The blue really doesn't match Darwi's outfits! Lol.
Esme had been working for ages on collecting the artifacts, stealing odd days when it wouldn't hamper her housemates. It was such a relief that she hadn't lost them all.
She thinks she's earned a retirement period but the world order is turning...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Literally Seven Heroes 5.6: Fisherfolk
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2022, 06:09:15 AM »
Literally Seven Heroes 5.6: Fisherfolk
1st of 3 updates for this Sim week

Lessa: Esme doesn’t like me feeding the dogs but the poor things are starving. Right – which Odd Job shall I do next. What about this one – catch frogs in the waterfall – that sounds easy! I’ll just start on this wood carving before I do that. I may have painted 12 pictures as a child but I’m really enjoying my skill in handiness.

5.6.1.jpg

Darwi: Oh wow! A letter from The Father Winters! They really liked that gig I did – all frosty-themed! They were so cheerful. Clement did really well getting up the mountain. I must lead another expedition soon!

5.6.1a.jpg

Hondo: Ah! Another tourist! Go on, then, ask me!
Benita: Ask you what?
Hondo: Resistance, Scoundrels or First Order. You want to ask me about one of them, at least!
Benita: OK – are you a Scoundrel?
Hondo: Depends who’s asking!

5.6.2.jpg

Benita: Let me guess? First Order?
Stormtrooper: Got it in one! What gave me away? It’s the footwear, isn’t it!
Benita: Just a wild guess.
Stormtrooper: Now, you’re a tourist. Let me see your papers. The officers have tightened security lately.
Benita: Why’s that?
Stormtrooper: Some new deal with people in power. What do I know? I just do what I’m told. Ah – I see you’re associated with the Sixamites. I’ll just note that down…

5.6.4.jpg

Vi: Welcome, tourist.
Benita: I’m looking for the Resistance.
Vi: Well, wander round and chat to people. We – I mean – The Resistance will find you.
Benita: It’s just…the Stormtroopers are all beefing up security…I thought you – I mean The Resistance ought to know. They seem worried about the Sixamites, too.
Vi: We’ve been hearing rumours. They keep saying “snow is coming” which makes no sense as we’re nearly into Spring. Look – we need ears on the ground – are you with us?
Benita: Count me in.
Vi: And you can pass on info to the Sixamites?
Benita: Any time.
Vi: Perfect!

5.6.3.jpg

Esme: Thank goodness you’re back!
Benita: What’s up?
Esme: We’ve had the census takers round. They wanted to know where you were.
Benita: I’ve been to Batuu. I filled in all the papers. It was all official.
Esme: There’s a hornet’s nest of stuff going on. There’s been a directive from Capitol saying that every able-bodied person has to work at a district-appropriate job if they’re not already employed. We’re District 4 so we’ve got to be Fisherfolk.
Benita: Didn’t you tell them how old you were?
Esme: It didn’t work – they did full health-checks and said to report for duty tomorrow – 5am sharp!

5.6.6.jpg

Esme: Darwi doesn’t have to fish – she’s the darling of Capitol and District 1 with all the luxury makeovers she’s been doing. But you, me, Mara and Elizabeth are all signed up.
Benita: What about Lessa?
Esme: She was out so they went by her adoption records. They think she’s still a teen. Anyway they were banging on about there being a shortage of food…overcrowding…possible military threat from outside…
Benita: Look, since I’ve been to Batuu, I seem able to Hatch an Elaborate Plot. This is what we’ll do…!

5.6.7.jpg

Darwi: Oh Milo! I’m not sure you should be up on here. You’re a real couch potato! Who’s a lovely dog? Who’s a lovely dog? Milo’s a lovely dog!
Milo: Oooo – you give good scritches!

5.6.8.jpg

Lessa: A clownfish! Great! My skill set is really rising. I might as well learn since that’s what I’ll have to do as soon as they work out I’m a Young Adult already.

5.6.9.jpg

Elizabeth: 5am! 5AM! I didn’t even know there was a 5am!
Benita: Come on you slow coaches. This’ll be fun!
Elizabeth: 5pm – now that’s a time I can understand. But 5AM!
Esme: Stop your mithering. We have no choice. Let’s make the best of it.
Mara: At least we’ll be finished by 9am. I can get on with my video games then.
Benita: The rest of the day is ours – it’s not so bad.
Elizabeth: 5AM!

5.6.10.jpg

Darwi: OK, Lessa, while the others are gone, let’s see how you’re doing.
Lessa: I like your outfit! There – 7 emotional whims and I’m done.
Darwi: Right – I think I know which project you want – Veterinarian, right?
Lessa: Can I? I mean it’s not a proper job. Will the authorities be OK with that?
Darwi: The number of pampered pooches and kitties that I’ve snuggled…I mean…seen in all those uptown apartments! They’re desperate for vets. If you can up your skill set, I’ve spotted the perfect property we can invest in. It’s in District 9 where it’s mainly grain but the transport links are good so people will travel.
Lessa: District 9 – is that what used to be Newcrest?
Darwi: Yes – the District naming is very logical but not very….inspirational.

5.6.11.jpg

Mara: That was fun!
Benita: I told you it could be.
Elizabeth: Whatever – I’m off to my robotics station.
Benita: Esme? Esme? How did you get on?
Esme: I got on. And now I’m off. Until tomorrow, that is. Is it really only Tuesday? I need a cup of tea.

5.6.12.jpg

Progress report at the end of the Sim week – a lot is happening in the Simverse!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Literally Seven Heroes 5.7: Meaty Treaty
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2022, 08:47:51 AM »
Literally Seven Heroes 5.7: Meaty Treaty
2nd of 3 updates for this week

Darwi: I’m so glad I got this Travel Pass to District 7 although it might be the last for a while. One of my clients, Arabella,  got it for me as a favour, as long as she could come along to. She invited Yuuma too. The mountains are so busy with the lumber works here, we had to make our way round the forestry works. It’s really sad to see the mountain without all the trees.

5.7.1.jpg

Darwi: The expedition itself was nearly a write-off. I’d forgotten that Arabella was Clumsy so she kept slipping and nearly didn’t make up the first wall. After that, if she slipped when we were gathering to move on, she was so wobbled that she forgot where we were gathering. Mind you, I didn’t get to know Yuuma before we left. His outfit wasn’t really suitable but he was Erratic so he kept breaking off from the gathering to rant at someone only he could see. 4 times I had to gather them! 5 if you count the time that Arabella ran back after she’d gathered. Oh my! Maybe I won’t mind not taking anymore climbing expeditions. I got 7 people to the top before they shut down the tourist routes.

5.7.2.jpg

Benita: Hi, Thomas, nice to see you showed up for Alien Night. I nearly forgot! How are you?
Thomas: Getting old, dear.
Makayla: Only as old as you feel!
Thomas: You wait until you’ve had your elder birthday, then tell me about it!
Benita: Is there anyone new visiting tonight?
Thomas: Just Theodore, over there. Hey, Theodore, come and meet Benita. She’s cool with us.
Theodore: One of the few! People used to be more accepting but they seem to be blaming us for all sorts of problems these days.
Benita: If I held a dinner party at my home, would you guys come?
Makayla: Any particular reason?
Benita: (looking around) Oh – just social – come as you are!

5.7.3.jpg

Customer: This is a strange mix of things.
Esme: Well, it’s mainly jungle stuff. I’ve completed my collection of artefacts so I won’t need all this. You can’t get it in the shops – there’s bargains to be had!
Customer: But, isn’t there a Travel Ban now? Why would I want this stuff?
Esme: You’ve got me there…
Customer: Who’s that over there?
Esme: My teenage granddaughter, trying to get a tan.
Customer: Shouldn’t she be in high school?
Esme: There’s a lot of questions for a casual customer. Look – do you want anything or not?

5.7.4.jpg

Elizabeth: My 7th servo-bot! I love this bit – activating them! It’s always so dramatic and you think they’re going to explode. Here we go….!

5.7.8.jpg

Septi-Bot: Where am I to be assigned?
Elizabeth: There’s not many people can run a Servo these days but I’ve found an elderly lady in San My…I mean in Capitol.
Septi-Bot: Thank you for making me. Will you make more of me?
Elizabeth: The robot parts are getting harder to find. I might just pack away my tinker stations and focus on something else. Something to take my mind off the fact that I smell of fish!
Septi-Bot: Your job? As Fisherfolk? Why do you continue?
Elizabeth: There’s no choice. It’s the law now.
Septi-Bot: In District 4 you must work as Fisherfolk unless you have another job…

5.7.9.jpg

Elizabeth: Ah…you’re right, Septi-bot. Thank you! Now – that old lady is waiting. Let’s get you over there.
Septi-Bot: Scanning, Scanning, Uploading, Uploading, Ready
Elizabeth: What? What are you doing? That wasn’t in your programming.
Septi-Bot: Program override in action. Please continue with the transfer.

5.7.9a.jpg

Elizabeth: Let’s see if I can swing this…Find a Job…yes, that looks more like me…Click, Click…? Yes! Hey everybody! Guess who’s just entered the Medical Profession! No more fish for me!
Darwi: But we’ve got fish pie for supper!
Elizabeth: I’ll eat it. I just don’t want to smell of it. No offence!
Esme: None taken, I’m sure!
Mara: Well, maybe a little offence. I’m off to the shower.

5.7.10.jpg

Benita: Brian! It was so good to meet you on Sixam. And you’ve all come back to ours for dinner!
Krista: Yay! Human food! Can’t beat it. Luna would have loved to be here. She couldn’t get enough of Bangers and Mash.
Benita: My first Sixamite friend. I miss Luna.
Thomas: We all miss Luna…
Bill (rubbing hands): So, what’s Darwi cooked up for us this time?
Benita: Darwi’s got a gig in District 1 today but Esme’s cooking. She’s good too, you just can’t leave it for too long like you can with Darwi’s food.

5.7.10a.jpg

Makayla: OK, this is good food but I believe you had things to discuss.
Esme: Don’t mind me. I’ll just go and grill some fruit.
Benita: Look, things are going on. I’ve been to Batuu and…
Dominick: The First Order are getting stronger there.
Benita: The Resistance are holding their own but they believe the First Order has signed a treaty with our government.
Krista: That is not good. It might override the treaty we have with you. We need to see this treaty.
Benita: I think I can get to Batuu again but…does the phrase “Snow is coming” mean anything to you?
Bill: Maybe. We’ll look into it but we really need a copy of that treaty.
Benita: I’ll see what I can do.

5.7.11.jpg

Progress report at the end of the Sim week – a lot is happening in the Simverse!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Literally Seven Heroes 6.1: Agent 165
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2022, 10:42:10 AM »
Literally Seven Heroes 6.1: Agent 165
3rd of 3 updates for this Sim week

Date: D-1
Agent: 165
Purpose: Anomalies in Registration Documents

Having overridden the Servo-Bot programming to initiate a plumbing breakdown, I gained entry to the property.

Subject A, known variously as Esme Weatherwax, Mistress Weatherwax and Granny Weatherwax: believed to have been born in District 11, previously known as Henford-on-Bagley which would explain the extent of her knowledge of livestock and planting. Presents as an aged person. Current occupation: Fisherfolk. Previous occupation: None. We cannot establish appropriate birth records and her general health and appearance do not align.

6.1.1.jpg

Invited to join the family for dinner, I found a large number of Sixamite subjects in deep discussion with…

Subject B: Benita Alvarez. Presents as young adult which appears consistent with the records we have on file. Known (and witnessed) collaborator with Sixamite immigrants. Known to have travelled recently on a tourist pass to Batuu. Surveillance of that visit is not available. Current occupation: Fisherfolk. Previous occupation: Astronaut.

6.1.2.jpg

After the Sixamite contingent had left, I witnessed Subject B deliberately initiate Contact Aliens on the satellite dish and she appeared to welcome the subsequent abduction.

6.1.8.jpg

Subject C: Lessa of Ruatha – the main cause for this investigation. She is recorded as being of Teen years and yet has recently presented as a Young Adult in order to adopt one of the many orphans created by the District 12 mining disaster.

6.1.3.jpg

Subject C does not have an occupation. She has fulfilled 7 Odd Jobs to date and currently appears to have an aptitude in Veterinarian Science. I believe her to be of Young Adult status and as such should be in full employment, using day-care facilities for the child if necessary. As there is always a shortage of pet care professionals, I recommend that she finds employment in that area as soon as possible.

6.1.7.jpg

The child that Subject C had adopted aged into a Toddler during my visit. She appears to have been well assimilated into the household.

6.1.11.jpg6.1.12.jpg

Proceeding with my stated purpose of “repairing” the shower, I succeeded in installing surveillance equipment therein.

6.1.4.jpg

I attempted to extract information from one of the Sixamite contingent but he said he “had to be off”.

6.1.5.jpg

Subject D: Mara of the Acoma. Presents as aged female. Current occupation: Fisherfolk. Previous Occupations: Tech Guru and Politician and known to have been in same peer group as our President Elect.  We cannot establish appropriate birth records and her general health and appearance do not align.

Subject E: Elizabeth Best. Presents as aged female. Current occupation: Medical Professional. Previous Occupations: REDACTED, Personal Trainer, Scientist, Fisherfolk (1 day). Some flags were raised about a series of Elder deaths during her time as a REDACTED but it was not pursued. We cannot establish appropriate birth records and her general health and appearance do not align.

Subjects D & E began to celebrate the New Year as I was leaving.

6.1.10.jpg

Subject F: Darwi Odrade was not available, being engaged in one of the many home make-overs for which she is renowned.

Summary
I recommend that this household and any visitors be kept under strict surveillance. An investigation into their origins and contacts should be undertaken immediately. They should be loaded with as much work as possible to reduce available time for seditious activity. Travel should be restricted to purely occupational needs. Their current location is more extensive than they require and could be better utilized for the good of the wider population. Relocation of the household closer to District 4’s infrastructure would be advisable.

Progress: Day 224 (Winter 4)
Total Projects Completed 24 by 4 Heroes

1 Esme Weatherwax - Completed Projects: 7
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2 Darwi Odrade - Completed Projects: 10
-   Guide 7 different Sims to the top of Mt. Komorebi in one or more Mountain Excursions

3 Elizabeth Best - Completed Projects: 5
-   Create 7 Simbots and give them to 7 elders

4 Mara of the Acoma - Completed Projects: 1

5 Benita Alvarez - Completed Projects: 1
-   Interplanetary Ambassador -- Max the Astronaut career, visit Sixam, and have 7 Sixamite friends (Thomas, Bill, Makayla, Dominick, Krista, Theodore, Brian)

6 Lessa of Ruatha
Requirements 7: Scout Badges 9, Level 7 Adult Skill (Violin); 7 Odd Jobs; 7 unique fish, 7 collectibles (all shells/sulani treasure); 7 whims; Make 7 objects (all carvings)

Heroes L-to-R: Mara, Elizabeth, Lessa holding Katniss, Darwi, Benita, Esme
6.1.13.jpg

Notes

And so we welcome our 7th and last hero at the end of year 2:

Katniss Everdeen
From the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins

Born into poverty in District 12, her father was killed in a mining explosion, sending her mother into a depressive stupor. Learning to forage and hunt from an early age to support her mother and sister Primrose, she never aims to be a hero. She is not “good”. She just does what she thinks is the right thing when she and those she cares about are threatened. Her passion for justice and her eloquence when moved are what draws people to follow her – The Mockingjay! It is also what makes politicos try to use her for their own purposes, forgetting that she is always her own person. She struggles with her own mental health but eventually always rises to the challenge.

Character: Impetuous, Passionate, Brave, Loves Outdoors
Appearance: Gorgeously Scary - “They’ll either want to kill you, kiss you, or be you.”

Gameplay note: Katniss will only get to do one project as that will complete the challenge. I would have loved to have her compose the music as a 2nd project as singing is a significant part of her character, but it’s just not heroic enough as her only one.

Personal Note: My daughter introduced me to the Hunger Games books and I devoured them. I was so nervous when they began to release the films but Jennifer Lawrence was brilliant as Katniss.

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
  • Former resident of the cave of lurking-ness
Re: Literally Seven Heroes 6.1: Agent 165
« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2022, 04:27:36 PM »
Congratulations on adopting hero #7!

Yes! My guess was correct! A friend got me into the hunger games books this year and I read the trilogy within a week.. I haven’t been able to get into A Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes however :(
they/he pronouns please!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2022, 09:47:33 PM »

Welcome Katniss! Seventh hero already. It's interesting to see how some of your characters have done so many more projects than others. Darwi's a beast! Curious to see where you are going with this as you head toward the finish line!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2022, 02:15:48 AM »
Congratulations on adopting hero #7!

Yes! My guess was correct! A friend got me into the hunger games books this year and I read the trilogy within a week.. I haven’t been able to get into A Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes however :(
I haven't tried those books yet. It's funny how, when you really like a book, you are nervous about trying the author's other works. :)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2022, 02:23:42 AM »

Welcome Katniss! Seventh hero already. It's interesting to see how some of your characters have done so many more projects than others. Darwi's a beast! Curious to see where you are going with this as you head toward the finish line!
Darwi is a beast! I don't think the others can catch up ow.
Because of Esme's back-story, she hasn't done any projects requiring employment so Darwi hoovered up a lot of those.

The storyline is writing itself and I think I've lost control. If I come up with a concept, my characters argue about it and ask what their motivation is. I'm frankly quite nervous about Katniss reaching her teen years! ???

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Literally Seven Heroes 6.2: No More Fading
« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2022, 02:25:05 AM »
Literally Seven Heroes 6.2: No More Fading

Darwi: I can’t believe we have to move! I love it here.
Esme: We all love it here but we have no choice.
Elizabeth: You said that about the Fisherfolk career but I found a way round that.
Esme: I don’t mind the fishing and in some ways I don’t mind moving. This place is too big for us, we don’t make the most of it. However, I do mind being told where to live and being told what to do.
Mara: I mind that my former colleague Coriolanus is the President Elect!
Darwi: Coriolanus Snow? I thought he was just a background clerk for the charity that I worked for – that was after you, Mara. How has he risen so quickly in such a short time?
Benita: Wait a minute! The President Elect’s name is Snow? “Snow is coming” Snow?
Mara: I don’t know about that, but he’ll be inaugurated tomorrow. That charity you were working for, Darwi? World United – it seems they only want the world united for people like them and Snow became head of their lobby wing. It’s still seen as a reputable charity but it’s purely political now.
Benita: No more money to them!
Mara: Agreed! I’m switching my support to No Sim Left Behind.
Elizabeth: I don’t like this. They know too much about us. I’m not sure we can trust anyone. We need to fade into the background.
Esme: No! I’m tired of fading. They know too much? Let’s just be who we are! I’m not an old woman. No more dyeing my hair.
Mara: Great! I’m all for that.
Darwi: After all, what more can they do to us. I’ve got a network of happy clients. We’ll be fine.

6.2.1.jpg

Darwi: OK, when I said “fine” I didn’t know we were going here! Tangled Flat! It's Tiny!
Elizabeth: Do you remember the bunk beds? Wow! It’s been so long. We can upgrade them…
Mara: They let us keep all our furniture so we can shift things around a bit and fit things in. And Darwi? You can weave your magic for us?
Darwi: I can’t believe we’ve only got one set of each outfit now!
Lessa: It makes getting dressed easier – no choice to ponder…
Esme: There’s a lot of our stuff piled up in storage that we’ve got no room for. Just the essentials. I’ll try and sell the small stuff in Yard Sales but I don’t know what we’ll do with the big items.

6.2.2.jpg

Lessa: Oh, Katniss, you’re happy here aren’t you!
Katniss: Higher, Higher!
Lessa: I love it too. Outside most of the time.
Katniss: My Tent!
Lessa: Yes, but the others like sleeping in there too, sometimes.

6.2.3.jpg

Lessa: Well, here I am. Ready to begin my first day in my very own Veterinary Clinic in District 9. It’s bigger than I need but there’s room out back for Katniss and the rest of the family to hang out. Do you like my dragons? Esme showed me how to size them up. I’ll always love my dragons!

6.2.4.jpg

Makayla: I’m so worried about her. She’s just not herself.
Lessa: I think it’s a touch of Swamp Mouth. The second case I’ve seen like this. This shot will make her all better.
Makayla: Thank you so much. The other clinic wouldn't accept her case. Just turned us away. They said I made the other customers nervous.
Lessa: That’s terrible! I’d no idea things were getting so bad for you.
Makayla: We’ll need to shut down the stores in Magnolia Promenade. We’re haemorrhaging money like nobody’s business.
Lessa: But your people have built up all the stores there – it was such a vibrant place to visit.
Makayla: No travel – remember. Oh, people sort of “dropped in” as the area wasn’t included in the new District plan but just assimilated into neighbouring Districts. But we never know if the customers we do get are genuine or just collecting data.
Lessa: I guess we’re not buying new stuff anymore. We don’t have room for the stuff we’ve got.
Makayla: Well, the stores will just be empty shells soon. I think it may be time… Be Safe!

6.2.5.jpg

Katniss: Blue Princess Drives Trucks
Darwi: Well that’s a mash-up of possible things to say. You are an unusual child, Katniss.
Katniss: Dinosaur Party?
Darwi: And why not!

6.2.6.jpg

Lessa: After I’d only treated 7 patients and 2 check-ups, my clinic got shut down. Apparently there were some health and safety violations which is a crock.
Mara’s giving as much as we can each day to No Sim Left Behind without raising any official flags. It’s a shell-charity for The Resistance. Benita hasn’t made it to Batuu for a while but we’re helping from a distance.
Anyway, this Thrift Store is my current attempt to raise more funds to send. We picked up one of the shells that Bill was telling me about in Magnolia Promenade. Travel here can’t be banned because it sort of falls between the cracks in the surrounding Districts. To be honest, it’s turned into a bit of a Black Market. The next door store is selling luxury items but that attracts visitors from Capitol and District 1 and I don’t want those in here.
I’m selling off all the useful furniture and equipment that we have no room for any more. I’ve put in some of the decorative items too but they’re just for ambience. It’s weird seeing our stuff for sale but the times are hard. The section on the right is another private area for the family.

6.2.7.jpg

Katniss: Play tent! Real Tent! My Tents! In Tents! Dragon!

6.2.9.jpg

Lessa: Of course you’re welcome! You’re almost family!
Servo-Bot: Scanning, Scanning, Uploading, Uploading, Ready!
Lessa: What? Are you malfunctioning? I’ll call Elizabeth. No wait, she’s at the hospital. Oh dear!
Servo-Bot: I’ll take a planter please.
Theodore: Maybe I’ll just be off! Be Safe!

6.2.10.jpg

Agent 247 Report: I was greeted at the residence by the senior subject of the household, Esme Weatherwax
Appearance update: she now has straw-coloured hair, not silver.
Weatherwax declared it was too late for visitors and that I should return another day. She also said “You knows where I am” which sounded like code or that I had been made. Much of the household living area is external but they were all inside, I believe.
They have chickens to supply eggs and possibly meat. They have crickets for flour, local fishing and a plentiful supply of home-grown produce. Sugar, milk and meat products are delivered and that would be a means of data-gathering.
The subject Mara of the Acoma, creator of 7 video games, was not visible so I was unable to deliver the personal message from President Snow.
Recommendation: I may have been compromised. I’m planning another visit during daylight hours but another agent should be lined up. The report from the Thrift Store run by the subject Lessa of Ruatha is concerning, especially regarding the ease of travel access. As certain high-profile citizens were observed shopping in the area, this could be a good source of data-gathering for leverage and should be exploited as such. Ongoing research into the archives should continue - matching birth/adoption records are still unavailable for the majority of the household.

6.2.8.jpg

Progress: Day 231 (Spring 1)
Total Projects Completed 25 by 5 Heroes

4 Mara of the Acoma - Completed Projects: 2
-   Max the Tech Guru career and write 7 games

5 Benita Alvarez - Completed Projects: 1

6 Lessa of Ruatha

7 Katniss Everdeen Toddler
Chosen Traits: (Wild)

Heroes L-to-R: Mara, Elizabeth, Lessa holding Katniss, Darwi, Benita, Esme
6.2.11.jpg

Locations
New Residence: Tangled Flat, Ohan'ali Town, District 4 (Sulani)
Veterinary Clinic: Twin Oracle Point, Llama Lagoon, District 9 (Newcrest)
Thrift Store: Empty Lot, Magnolia Promenade

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Literally Seven Heroes 6.2: No More Fading
« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2022, 04:31:46 PM »
So much progress!
Congrats on adopting your 7th hero.
My favorite screenshot might have been the one with everyone in their fisherfolk uniforms. ;)

I'm always amazed at how different our reading tastes are.  I never got past Pratchett's Color of Magic and I read Takami Koshun's Battle Royale but skipped The Hunger Games, lol.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2022, 04:44:00 PM »
So much progress!
My favorite screenshot might have been the one with everyone in their fisherfolk uniforms. ;)

I'm always amazed at how different our reading tastes are.  I never got past Pratchett's Color of Magic and I read Takami Koshun's Battle Royale but skipped The Hunger Games, lol.
I loved that screenshot too! Esme's face is a picture!
Color of Magic introduces Pratchett's style of humour but it's only from about the 3rd one in the series that his genius develops.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #87 on: July 14, 2022, 01:58:13 AM »
So much progress!

Having googled "Takami Koshun's Battle Royale", I see there's some "amicable controversy" over the inspiration behind Hunger Games. I'd never heard of the former... it sounds even more scary.
I'd assumed that Lord of the Flies was the main inspiration. I've always been intrigued/scared by the fragility of civilisation and compassion when basic rights are denied.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Literally Seven Heroes 6.3: No Longer Narwal
« Reply #88 on: July 14, 2022, 04:29:33 AM »
Literally Seven Heroes 6.3: No Longer Narwal

Lessa: Happy Birthday, Katniss!
Katniss: Thanks for my outdoor birthday, Mummy Lessa.
Darwi: No dinosaur party. But we can still have some fun. What would you like to do?
Katniss: Anything outdoors!

6.3.1.jpg

Esme: Hey chickens! Do you want to buy anything? You’re my only customers. What a waste of time! I think I’ll not bother with any more yard sales.
Watcher: That’s OK, Esme. We can sell them straight from your Inventory.
Esme: Well, why didn’t you do that from the start?
Watcher: I thought it would add to the narrative…
Esme: Hmph!

6.3.2.jpg

Mara: So guess who’s back in politics!
Benita: Why would you do that?
Mara: Coriolanus sent me an offer I couldn’t refuse. Join the team or we get shipped out to District 12 – and all start mining for a living! I’m not afraid of hard work but those mines aren’t safe as Katniss’s father found out.
Benita: What is he hoping to achieve?
Mara: I don’t know. I’ll keep my nose clean and just suck it up.
Benita: Ew – that didn’t sound right! Lol!

6.3.2a.jpg

Agent 132: I delivered groceries to the property and was able to install more surveillance devices.

6.3.4.jpg

I was able to piggy back their wifi and redirect funds being sent to the charity suspected of funding the Resistance on Batuu, making it look like a scam.

6.3.4a.jpg

Noting the publication of 7 bestsellers and some other excellent work by Subject Benita Alvarez. It is difficult to imagine that she has time for seditious activities when she is such a prolific writer.

6.3.7a.jpg

The District 12 orphan – Katniss Everdeen is now a child and appears to thrive in the outdoor environment.

6.3.6.jpg6.3.9.jpg

Subject Esme Weatherwax seems to have plenty of energy to do the RhumbaSim, despite the physical nature of fishing and her stated Elder status. I recommend that she be assigned a more taxing job.

6.3.10.jpg

Katniss: Everyone’s so serious around here. Sometimes I just have to let off steam! I got in trouble although Mummy Lessa was very calm. She made me clean the mess up which I suppose was fair.

6.3.5.jpg

Mara: Are you sure it’s safe to talk here?
Elizabeth: The surveillance mics can’t pick up over water and we can see anyone coming. We’re good.
Darwi: So? What’s going on in Capitol?
Mara: It’s so weird. Everyone goes round on tenterhooks like they just don’t know where they stand. President Snow just seems very “present” all the time.
Darwi: I still can’t believe Corncrake Corrie is President.
Mara: No-one calls him that now. It’s President Snow, usually in hushed tones, looking over your shoulder.
Elizabeth: Do they know anything about Benita’s trips to Batuu?
Mara: I’m kept well out of that department. I’ll keep an eye out but…well, I’m never unobserved! I can’t help thinking that’s why I’ve been getting all those scam sites when I’m trying to send money there. At least I got that last payment through. There’ll be no more for now. Not until things calm down.

6.3.7.jpg

Lessa: Oh no! I knew this would happen with so many Elder customers. It was only a matter of time. I don’t encourage them but I it seems too mean to ban them. I might as well shut up shop. Everyone will be too sad to shop, including me!
Benita: That Servo-Bot is very close to Grim. Did anyone actually see what he died of?
Servo-Bot: Scanning….Uploading

6.3.13.jpg

Benita: Bill! It’s good to see you. It’s been too long.
Bill: I can’t stay long. You have company. Ignite The Spark
Servo-Bot: Scanning….Uploading

6.3.14.jpg

Darwi: Thank you for joining me for a gig.
Watcher: Sorry I left it so long but I was worried that I’d stop your progress.
Darwi: I’m top of the ladder now. This client wants yellow basics for the Narwal Arms. I’m not sure it still looks like a night club but I think he’ll like it. I did add fishing net decor to reference the Narwal. What do you think?

6.3.16.jpg6.3.17.jpg

Darwi: I’ve done my Big Reveal and now I’m supposed to ask the clients opinion. My phone says he’s here but I can’t see him. I’m a bit freaked out, to be honest.
Watcher: Shall we go?
Darwi: Yes – together – with lots of light on!

6.3.18.jpg

Progress: Day 238 (Spring 2)
Total Projects Completed 27 by 5 Heroes

4 Mara of the Acoma - Completed Projects: 3
-   Max Business or Salaryworker career and donate 70k simoleons to reputable charities

5 Benita Alvarez - Completed Projects: 2
-   Publish 7 motivational best-sellers

6 Lessa of Ruatha

7 Katniss Everdeen Child
Chosen Traits: (Wild) Loves Outdoors

Heroes L-to-R: Katniss, Mara, Benita, Darwi, Elizabeth, Lessa, Esme
6.3.19.jpg

Gameplay Notes
•   Esme & Mara have no projects left to work on, hence their jobs to keep them out of trouble.
•   All the household love swimming and then hang around chatting to each other. It does look like they’re plotting.
•   Elders dying in Lessa’s Thrift Store is a real problem. It doesn’t sound very heroic but she’s started asking them to leave if there are plenty of other customers.
•   I don’t know if the client seeming to be present but not visible is a known problem for the Interior Decorator. The gig was still a success.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Literally Seven Heroes 6.3: No Longer Narwal
« Reply #89 on: July 14, 2022, 11:45:43 AM »

Love the book titles - nice touch! :D