Author Topic: Literally 7 Heroes - Complete  (Read 19235 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Literally Seven Heroes 3.8: Too Close For Comfort
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2022, 08:04:43 PM »

So Elizabeth has finished her murderish ways at last! It was neat to see how you did them, and the cemetery is lovely. I love the idea of Darwi watching on and interrogating her.  ;D

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2022, 01:31:18 AM »
That's such a great story, and I'm mildly jealous. I once auditioned for something singing A Wand'ring Minstrel, I. I think I was hooked listening to the soundtrack of Topsy Turvy that my parents would play on long holiday car trips. Then a few years down the line at uni, every spare moment was spent buried in G&S librettos. My nonsense user name is one of the cringeworthy poems in Patience. :) 
Ah - Bunthorne - I had to sigh over him in my first ever chorus line. Maybe I'll plunder G&S characters for a future challenge  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2022, 01:33:46 AM »

So Elizabeth has finished her murderish ways at last! It was neat to see how you did them, and the cemetery is lovely. I love the idea of Darwi watching on and interrogating her.  ;D
It wasn't a planned plot line but I suddenly realised that Darwi the cop would be aware of the deaths and Elizabeth needed a reason to stop her "project". It's funny how these stories write themselves sometimes.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Literally Seven Heroes 4.1: Triple-Switch
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2022, 10:24:29 AM »
Literally Seven Heroes 4.1: Triple-Switch

Elizabeth: Legs – check. Body – check. The head is next.
Watcher: I’d always wondered what that section of the robotics workstation was for.

4.1.1.jpg

Elizabeth: Yay! My first servo-bot
Watcher: Are her eyes supposed to look like lasers?
Elizabeth: I’m more concerned about that kink in her waist area….there. That’s better.

4.1.2.jpg

Watcher: Which elder are you going to give her to?
Elizabeth: You know the Lewis-Spencer-Kim children that took in Gemma and Deon? They’re elders now. Gemma & Deon are out at work all day. This bot could help the 2 elders there?
Watcher: Done! Are you going to start another one?
Elizabeth: I’ll build the parts when I’m free but I start my new job on Friday and that’s full-time.
Watcher: Ah yes! The Scientist career. I’ll join you when Darwi’s finished her Detective career.

4.1.2a.jpg

Sarge: Erm…I didn’t see that hug in the Witness Statement Taking handbook?
Darwi: He’s really angry. That’s right, big fella, hug it out.
Sarge: Isn’t it a bit inappropriate?
Darwi: We’ll get a much better statement now.

4.1.3.jpg

Mara: Hello, little Benita!
Benita: Gurgle
Mara: I’m not a great parent yet, but I’ll do my best. I’ve done all I can do in politics. I’m going to concentrate on you for a while.

4.1.4.jpg

Esme: There you are, Child! I knew you’d suit a blue onsie.
Benita: Gurgle

4.1.5.jpg

Benita: He He He
Mara: Oh Benita. Please don’t make a mess.
Watcher: Like that would work with a child that can only babble! Displacement and distraction would be my advice for that age.
Mara: But that wasn’t one of my options! How am I supposed to learn to be a parent if you weigh in with irrelevant advice!
Watcher: OK. I’ll back off.

4.1.6.jpg

Darwi: Come on. Make it look good! You’re my 7th collar and I’m shooting for the top job at the end of this shift!
Felon: Tell it to someone who gives a….

4.1.7.jpg

Esme: Argh – I’m no good with technology!
Darwi: It’s on your phone. Look! Select the entertainment option and it’s right there! Take Photo Of…
Esme: Why don’t you do it?
Darwi: So I can get the nice pink background. Selfies are hard to control.
Esme: It’s not very good.
Darwi (sigh): No but it will do. My top Detective photo!
Esme: What’s your next plan?
Darwi: Well, half the criminals I lock up have started out being homeless. I’m going to get involved in a charity to help them and make sure they all get some decent meals. Maybe they can make a better start in life.

4.1.8.jpg

Mara: OK, the others say they all do this, let’s drink this potion and stay young for longer. I’m going to need all the help I can get in the cutthroat world of business so I can raise money to fund Darwi’s homeless charity.

4.1.9.jpg

Benita: Whee!
Mara: Wow! This is great!
Benita: Bump! Bump!
Mara: Argh! Let’s not do that again!

4.1.10.jpg

Progress: Day 161 (Summer 3)
Total Projects Completed 14 by 4 Heroes

Esme Weatherwax - Completed Projects: 5
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Darwi Odrade - Completed Projects: 6
-   Max Detective career and lock up 7 felons

Elizabeth Best - Completed Projects: 2

Mara of the Acoma - Completed Projects: 1
-   Max Politician career, participating in 7 demonstrations and giving 7 inspired speeches

Heroes L-to-R: Elizabeth, Mara holding Benita, Darwi, Esme
4.1.11.jpg

5 Benita Alvarez
from Fresco by Sherri Tepper

Character: Benita is trapped in a loveless marriage with an alcoholic husband who has delusions of his artistic ability which he has passed on to their over-indulged son. Benita has a perceptive mind and rages inwardly at the justice system that gives rights to those who have no regard for others. She feels voiceless and impotent. Their daughter is trying to climb out of the situation and wondering how to help her mother when Benita has a Close Encounter of a Third Kind. She becomes a spokesperson for the Visitors as they implement solutions to societal problems as presented by the politicians.

Appearance: Central American heritage

Chosen Traits: (Angelic)

Personal Note: Sherri Tepper writes science fiction with a strong eco-feminist message. Her heroines often start in quiet desperation, trapped by trying to be loyal and "doing the right thing". Fresco is a favourite, as are Family Tree, Grass and The Margarets

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Literally Seven Heroes 4.2: A Quick Update
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2022, 11:50:28 AM »
Literally Seven Heroes 4.2: A Quick Update

Mara: It’s your birthday tomorrow
Benita: Can I have a party?
Mara: It’s pretty busy at the moment. Maybe next time.

4.2.1.jpg

Benita: No party but I can’t wait to get to school. One day and then it’s the weekend!

4.2.2.jpg

Darwi: I seem to have spent every night this week serving BBQ ribs, burgers and grilled fruit in every park I can think of. Mind you, Elizabeth’s been right with me, upgrading the facilities. It’s a shame there’s none here for her to do. Actually, that food vendor looks a bit narked off that I’m giving out free food and these people don’t look homeless. Time to move on.

4.2.3.jpg

Progress: Day 168 (Summer 4)
Total Projects Completed 14 by 4 Heroes

Esme Weatherwax - Completed Projects: 5

Darwi Odrade - Completed Projects: 6

Elizabeth Best - Completed Projects: 2

Mara of the Acoma - Completed Projects: 1

Heroes L-to-R: Benita, Mara, Darwi, Elizabeth, Esme
Screenshot 2022-07-02 163416.jpg

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Literally Seven Heroes 4.3: One more Project
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2022, 05:33:41 AM »
Literally Seven Heroes 4.3: One more Project

Mara: So these chapters are supposed to focus on me but my life’s pretty boring at the moment, especially the business career. At least I was taught to be Responsible as a child so my daily tasks get done automatically. I try to donate online once a day although I get caught out by the occasional scam. Because I’ve got such a good reputation, the extra donation requests come in nearly every other day so that gets my giving up. One funny thing at the moment is that I go out of the house at the same time as Benita every day. Look at her smiling. Isn’t she cute?

4.3.1.jpg

Mara: She’s always smiling. She went to this playground after school with Darwi to play on the space play equipment but she can’t help making friends. She did start making a mess but she says she wants to go back on Sunday to clear some of it up to earn a scouting badge. Darwi didn’t notice. She was too busy cooking up some meals for the homeless sleeping on the benches. It’s a shame I can’t donate to Darwi’s cause. It’s just not possible.

4.3.2.jpg

Mara: Oh – the other big news, other than Esme writing and publishing some songs on the violin, is that Elizabeth feels she’s done enough upgrading. There’s not many places we go now that don’t have fully upgraded facilities so it benefits us as well as society at large. After that she got so into Searching For The Truth in the Observatory that the Aliens came and took her up for a while. She was thrilled and Benita keeps asking her loads of questions about it. Elizabeth says she might be able to make something at work to communicate with them directly.

4.3.4.jpg

Mara: Oh yes – we had a flying visit to Selvadorada on Saturday. Esme maxed her local knowledge so the market traders agreed to sell her special goods. The refined crystals were all common and she wants rare ones but she’s got a heap of relics and some promising lumps of earth to uncover. Anyway, she was too busy to take photos. I didn’t even get one of Benita playing her violin for 5 hours straight!

Progress: Day 175 (Autumn 1)
Total Projects Completed 15 by 4 Heroes

1 Esme Weatherwax - Completed Projects: 5

2 Darwi Odrade - Completed Projects: 6

3 Elizabeth Best - Completed Projects: 3
-   Make Sim world safer by performing 70 upgrades on plumbing and electrical items on community lots

4 Mara of the Acoma - Completed Projects: 1

5 Benita Alvarez  – Child
Chosen Traits: Active

Screenshot 2022-07-02 163416.jpg

Notes

The gameplay options are not there for Mara to add directly to Darwi’s fundraising but she does donate online to her chosen cause. It’s annoying when the online contributions are lost to a scam (about 1 in 5 times) so they’re not counted towards Mara’s 70k aim but the requests tot up.

Elizabeth made another bot and donated him to Carina – one of the toddlers that Darwi raised. She’s an elder now. Annie and Brendan, the first 2 toddlers raised, have already died. My immortal household is constantly combatting sadness over bereavements of people they’ve met over time. It’s all a bit too sad so I ignore it most of the time.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Literally Seven Heroes 4.3: One more Project
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2022, 02:59:02 PM »

Ugh, the sadness moodlets every time someone dies is really overdone, in my opinion. Especially when you have high charisma/reputation sims that make good friends with just one interaction. Little Benita is so cute! Interested to see what challenges she takes on.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2022, 05:15:40 PM »

Ugh, the sadness moodlets every time someone dies is really overdone, in my opinion. Especially when you have high charisma/reputation sims that make good friends with just one interaction. Little Benita is so cute! Interested to see what challenges she takes on.
That's what's happening - one interaction and bam! I try not to let mine meet elders but they do it autonomously sometimes.
I'm loving Benita too - she really suits the blues that I've decided to dress her in - it's her birthday soon :)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Literally Seven Heroes 4.4: Light My Fire
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2022, 05:56:57 AM »
Literally Seven Heroes 4.4: Light My Fire

Benita: I suppose I did make some of this mess. My scouting troup say I should do my civic duty so I’d better clean it up. I’m a Llamacorn Scout now so I’ve reached the top of that. For some reason I don’t seem to be very responsible even though I’ve done all my homework. Mummy Mara says I need to brush my teeth more often as I never even think to do that!

4.4.1.jpg

Benita: This is what I love doing. Actually, I love exercising but I love this too. So many books and so little time. Granny Esme says I shouldn’t believe anything I read in any books. I don’t think she’s right about all books but these are fiction so none of it’s true.

4.4.2.jpg

Benita: Why has the screen gone all fuzzy?
Mara: Um – maybe you shouldn’t be watching this.
Benita: But I’ll be really sad tomorrow if I don’t watch this premier with the rest of you.
Mara: Oh, alright then. At least it’s cut to a more family-friendly scene.

4.4.3.jpg

Esme: Happy Birthday, Child.
Benita: Thank you, Granny. I thought you’d be the entertainment.
Esme: I’ve finished writing 7 unique songs. Which one would you like?
Benita: I like the Jaunty one the best. By the way, who are all these people?
Darwi: These 5 elders are sort of family. We adopted them and then found good homes for them. It is right that you should at least see them. No, don’t introduce yourself!
Esme: The rest are all the people we know who are immortal. You can meet as many of them as you like.
Benita: So nice to meet you
Clement Frost: Have you been naughty or nice?

4.4.4.jpg

Darwi: Now you’re not frightened, you seem quite tense. Let me share your emotional burdens and calm your emotions. Now – we’re all happy! Let me promote my cause and, oh yes, a $1k donation from each of you only seems fair! And it's all for a good cause.

4.4.5.jpg

Benita: Why do I have to make this fruit salad?
Watcher: You need to be safe in the kitchen and near barbeques!
Benita: But I’m starving and I can see Darwi’s non-spoiling omelette right there!
Watcher: Trust me. We don’t want any more fires. Not now we’ve got a routine going with the compost toilet.

4.4.6.jpg

Mara: What did you say about fires?
Watcher: What are you doing? That looks incredibly dangerous!
Mara: It’s the fire climbing challenge and yes, it did have “dangerous” in the description.
Watcher: Why would you do that? I didn’t even know it was a thing!
Mara: What’s the worst that can happen?
Watcher: Um (checks notes) I suppose you have completed one project, but please be careful!

4.4.7.jpg

Watcher: Um, Benita?
Benita: Yes?
Watcher: Where are you going?
Benita: I've just had a shower after training at the gym. Now I’m off to the bake sale.
Watcher: But… oh never mind!

4.4.8.jpg

Benita: Well the bake sale was a success although the towel thing was a bit embarrassing. Time to wind down to classical music and read Love in the Time of Sandwiches. I wonder if the aliens on that poster fall in love like we do…

4.4.9.jpg

Progress: Day 182 (Autumn 2)
Total Projects Completed 16 by 4 Heroes

1 Esme Weatherwax - Completed Projects: 6
-   Write 7 unique songs

2 Darwi Odrade - Completed Projects: 6

3 Elizabeth Best - Completed Projects: 3

4 Mara of the Acoma - Completed Projects: 1

5 Benita Alvarez  – Teen
Chosen Traits: Active, Bookworm

Screenshot 2022-07-05 101422.jpg

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2022, 09:25:31 AM »

"No, don't introduce yourself." Ha! Also, do I sense upcoming alien romance?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2022, 04:50:26 PM »

"No, don't introduce yourself." Ha! Also, do I sense upcoming alien romance?
Aha! That would be telling!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2022, 05:27:26 PM »
They always run off in the towel don't they? What happened to stopping at the locker to dress?

That fire challenge is a dangerous one - even at high rock-climbing skill my sim caught on fire and then he stood there and waited for the women to put him out.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2022, 09:56:38 PM »
Benita is lovely!
How weird that sims take the time to change when arriving at a gym but don't change back on their way out.
You've made so much progress!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2022, 01:43:24 AM »
They always run off in the towel don't they? What happened to stopping at the locker to dress?

That fire challenge is a dangerous one - even at high rock-climbing skill my sim caught on fire and then he stood there and waited for the women to put him out.
All the household are obsessed with the climbing wall and do it autonomously but it's Mara that loves the fire challenge. Maybe it's because her day job is the most boring!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2022, 01:45:39 AM »
Benita is lovely!
How weird that sims take the time to change when arriving at a gym but don't change back on their way out.
You've made so much progress!
I'm really enjoying this challenge. I like the interplay of the different heroes whilst having quite different projects.