Author Topic: Literally 7 Heroes - Complete  (Read 19215 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Literally Seven Heroes 7.2: After Shocks
« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2022, 06:13:23 PM »

Oo! I got one. Everybody where Halloween costumes for an episode!

Also that's so nutty about Elizabeth and Lessa. I've noticed in my dynasty save that great grandmother doesn't count as family, even biologically. The Irisii can totally flirt with Samura. I'm really hoping no accidental incest relationships start cause yeah ...

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Literally Seven Heroes 7.2: After Shocks
« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2022, 01:54:50 AM »

Oo! I got one. Everybody where Halloween costumes for an episode!

Also that's so nutty about Elizabeth and Lessa. I've noticed in my dynasty save that great grandmother doesn't count as family, even biologically. The Irisii can totally flirt with Samura. I'm really hoping no accidental incest relationships start cause yeah ...
Great idea!

So your natural-born gt  grandparents can flirt? I thought maybe it was just the adoptive thing. I was so taken aback by the "incest" that I had them cool it off before I considered the narrative potential. I'd assumed a romance-free story because of the challenge.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Literally Seven Heroes 7.3: Costume, What Costume?
« Reply #107 on: July 20, 2022, 11:12:35 AM »
Literally Seven Heroes 7.3: Costume, What Costume?

Announcer: Following that somewhat sombre set of News Headlines, let’s join Clement and Caesar for the latest from our Heroes House.
Clement: Welcome, Welcome and Caesar, what a week it’s been!
Caesar: Yes, Clement, I can’t believe half the things that are happening at the moment!
Clement: No Caesar! The Heroes House!
Caesar: But the diseases, the lack of food, mysterious deaths…maybe even civil wars!
Clement: Focus, Caesar! You’re losing it!
Caesar: Sorry, Clement. Can we take it from the top?
Clement: Right! Welcome, Welcome and Caesar, what a week it’s been!

Screenshot 2022-07-19 172332.jpg

Clement: What did you make of this week’s challenge from our regular contributer @Rhoxi Caesar?
Caesar: Well, Clement, most of the housemates didn’t engage with it at all but our Esme stepped right up to the plate. Remind us, again, what was the challenge?
Clement: The housemates were to spend as much time in their designated fancy dress as possible and boy! Did Esme go for it! Even though the public chose the worst costume for her.

7.3.2.jpg7.3.4.jpg7.3.5.jpg

Caesar: I love her rocking out on the guitar, Clement!
Clement: It was New Skills Day Caesar, and she really went for it. I had to turn the sound down.
Caesar: Can I just ask, Clement? What is she doing in the last shot?
Clement: That’s an interesting thing, Caesar. Although she’s continuing in the Astronaut career, she’s working here on brewing the home remedies that first brought her fame as the HOB witch.
Caesar: All spells and frogs, Clement?
Clement: No, Caesar, just herbs although she did ask for a trip to Granite Falls to collect insects.
Caesar: Yuckity Yuck! We said no, I hope Clement?
Clement: Absolutely, Caesar. Travel is strictly limited for the housemates.

7.3.3.jpg7.3.14.jpg

Caesar: Elizabeth couldn’t wear her costume at work, of course, Clement.
Clement: No, it would not have been appropriate, Caesar. But here we have a shot of her performing her 7th successful operation. This guy only just got to the hospital in time, but our Elizabeth saved his life!
Caesar: What would we do without her, Clement?
Clement: Actually, Caesar, the government have pulled her back into her Scientist career. They’ve got her working on projects of national importance!
Caesar: And I understand the same goes for Darwi, she’s back in law-enforcement to deal with some of the civil disturbances. And Mara, she’s helping out food shortages through the culinary career. They really are heroes in these dark times.

7.3.6.jpg

Clement: But let’s not get distracted, Caesar. Our Elizabeth gave us this pleasing moment!
Caesar: I always say, Clement, that Easter Bunnies should be pink. And this proves it! Isn’t she a picture!

7.3.8.jpg

Caesar: I know you’re holding back, Clement! Show us our darling!
Clement: Katniss, Darling Katniss! She rivalled Esme plus she went out around the neighbourhood. Above and beyond, Caesar, above and beyond!

7.3.10.jpg7.3.11.jpg7.3.13a.jpg

Caesar: What were those 2nd and 3rd photos? I can’t quite work out what she’s doing!
Clement: Ah! Well, that just about wraps this episode up. We’ll have more for you next week and don’t forget to watch our live-feed!

Screenshot 2022-07-19 172332.jpg

Agatha: Clement, a word!
Clement: Ah, Agatha. I swear I don’t know how those last photos got into the running order.
Agatha: You’re a great presenter for the face of Capitol, Clement, but you can be a total twit sometimes. You never think!
Clement: I thought I was very helpful when we approached Katniss.
Agatha: Alex did all the prep work. You just smoothed the conversation. It’s vital that Katniss achieves what we’ve asked her to do.
Clement: She’s been given all the resources she needs. Do you think she’ll make it?
Agatha: We can only hope, Clement, and pray!

7.3.13.jpg

Clement: Who was she listening to on the device we gave her?
Agatha: You, you old fool! She planted it when she gave you a hug!
Clement: I thought she liked me!

7.3.12.jpg

Clement: Well I’m sure I didn’t give anything away. I’m very discreet!
Agatha: Oh very! She not only knows the extent of our role in initiating the disaster but thanks to you, she also knows our contingency plan.
Clement: Oh dear, what’s she going to do?
Agatha: Considering the alternative, she’ll give it her best shot!

Progress: Day 280 (Year 3, Summer 4)
Total Projects Completed 32 by 6 Heroes

1 Esme Weatherwax - Completed Projects: 7
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

2 Darwi Odrade - Completed Projects: 11

3 Elizabeth Best - Completed Projects: 6
-   Max Doctor career (9) and perform 6/7 successful surgeries

4 Mara of the Acoma - Completed Projects: 3

5 Benita Alvarez - Completed Projects: 3

6 Lessa of Ruatha - Completed Projects: 2

7 Katniss Everdeen - Completed Projects: 0
Projects In Progress:

Heroes L-to-R: Esme, Lessa, Katniss, Darwi, Elizabeth, Benita, Mara
Screenshot 2022-07-20 150627.jpg

Notes

The costumes were added as No.1 slot alternatives to the housemates wardrobe both in their everyday and hot-weather wear. I could have changed their outfits manually each time but I was kind of busy trailing round after Katniss. She’s been a busy girl - our adventure is nearly complete!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Literally Seven Heroes 7.3: Costume, What Costume?
« Reply #108 on: July 20, 2022, 12:38:24 PM »

Here I was thinking Halloween costumes as in pirates and fairies and such, but you went full on mascot. I am delighted;D
Immediately upon reading this I had to check and make sure I have all of these outfits, and I do. What do I do with this information? Do I make it a club outfit and storm the city?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #109 on: July 20, 2022, 03:27:15 PM »

Here I was thinking Halloween costumes as in pirates and fairies and such, but you went full on mascot. I am delighted;D
Immediately upon reading this I had to check and make sure I have all of these outfits, and I do. What do I do with this information? Do I make it a club outfit and storm the city?
Do it!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
7.4: Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening, And Goodnight!
« Reply #110 on: July 20, 2022, 03:34:50 PM »
Literally Seven Heroes 7.4: Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening, And Goodnight!

Caesar: Greetings citizens. Clement and I are here to reassure you that life will go on but maybe not as we have known it. No doubt you have heard of the Nuclear Explosions in District 13, Clement?
Clement: Yes
Caesar: Much of that district and the neighbouring Districts 12 and 5, previously known as Oasis Springs and Evergreen Harbour have been lost to the aftermath cutting our power sources back to the bare minimum, Clement.
Clement: Yes
Caesar: Any-hoo! Let me just read the official report.

We know that approximately 5 minutes after the Heroes House update, the nuclear power plant of District 13 melted down, devastating the entire region. The army core of engineers cites that a simultaneous flush of every toilet in the city caused a massive drop in water pressure, thus causing the plant to lose coolant and melt down. This isn’t your ordinary meltdown. That plant was experimental! The fallout is causing strange and odd problems in the region and we have very little detail about what is going on in there.*

Rumours that link this to a government experiment with alien spores have been flatly denied, Clement?
Clement: Wibble.

Caesar: Cut! Cut! Look I’m trying to be professional here. I’ve had to do my own makeup in bad lighting and with no hairdryer and I have to work with this Wibble-Monkey?
Agatha: OK OK. Can you do it without backup?
Caesar: Gladly!
Agatha: Roll it.

Caesar: Coming the very day after our last round-up from the Heroes House, the live feed was cut, leading to various conspiracy theories. Where are our Heroes just when we need them? Their involvement in the disaster and their current location are part of an on-going investigation. We have samples of their DNA, taken as part of their entry into the House so we will find them. We hope to bring you an update in due course. This is Caesar Flickerman, signing off. Stay Safe out there folks.

7.4.1.jpg

Katniss: I phoned it in! I told them to call off the strike!
Benita: You did. I heard you. We’d defeated the Mother. That was amazing by the way!
Katniss: I couldn’t have done it without you guys.
Darwi: Elizabeth and I were glad to be part of the team. All the other projects we’ve done – they’ve all been solo.

7.4.2.jpg

Katniss: I still don’t know why they launched the missiles. The damage is so….apocalyptic!
Elizabeth: Can I just mention that it was my idea to celebrate in Capitol?
Esme: I’m not a fan of the city but thank goodness we were well away by the time District 13 was flattened.
Elizabeth: My idea! Just saying!

7.4.3.jpg

Lessa: Where’s Mara, by the way?
Esme: She’s finding us a place to stay. Oh – that’s her now. What? OK we’re on our way!
Darwi: Where is she?
Esme: Fountainview Penthouse

7.4.3a.jpg

Katniss: Wow, Mara, how did you find this?
Mara: It pays to have contacts in Snow’s government. Plus the evidence of what’s been going on. It’s amazing how “grateful” people can be!
Esme: I don’t want no charity.
Mara: It’s not charity, Esme. It’s recompense for all we’ve lost. We can go where we like and do what we like. I love this place and it’s handy for the new government role that I’ve been asked to take on.
Katniss: In a damaged Simverse!
Mara: Yes – there’s no getting away from that!
Esme: I just want to get away. Away from Capitol and away from all these people. If I can go anywhere, I’ll have Cordelia’s Secret Cottage, Bramblewood, District 11

7.4.4.jpg

Darwi: I’m thinking you want to be alone. What about you, Katniss? You’ve always liked being by yourself.
Katniss: Yes, but if I’m too much on my own, I go into a bit of a black dog phase.
Darwi: I want to go back to District 4, regenerate the conservation project, be a Sea Child again. You could join me?
Katniss: Living off-grid, off the land? Sounds wonderful.
Darwi: Anyone else?
Benita: Would my Sixamite friends be welcome there?
Darwi: Of course. We’d love their advice on conservation. Back to the Admiral’s Wreckage.

7.4.5.jpg

Lessa: I want to help the strays in District 10.
Elizabeth: I’ve been offered a post at the university in District 3. They’re throwing money at projects developing New Technologies, including Genetic Engineering.
Lessa: You know, I’ve never given up my dream of genetically-engineering dragons. Do you think it’s possible?
Elizabeth: Come with me and find out.
Lessa: OK but, can we get a puppy?
Elizabeth: Of course, until you get a dragon, that is. Here – Mossy Lane is vacant. We’ll take that.

7.4.6.jpg

Progress: Day 281 (Year 3, Autumn 1)
Total Projects Completed 33 by 7 Heroes

1 Esme Weatherwax - Completed Projects: 7
-   Assemble an Omiscan museum containing 16 artifacts and 9 unique relics with rare crystals.
-   Write 7 unique songs
-   Max Flower Arranging skill and give away 70 flower arrangements
-   Complete the Lady or Lord of the Knits aspiration and give away 70 knitted objects.
-   Make and give away 70 canned goods from own grown ingredients of all available types
-   Grow 7 perfect fruits, 7 perfect herbs, and 7 perfect vegetables
-   Assemble a natural history museum containing 7 collections of 7 unique items each: crystals, fish, fossils, frogs, insects, metals, shells

2 Darwi Odrade - Completed Projects: 11
-   Max Interior Decorator career and do renovations at 7 different community lots
-   Guide 7 different Sims to the top of Mt. Komorebi in one or more Mountain Excursion
-   Max the Teacher career and mentor 7 children or teens
-   Develop a soup kitchen by maxing the Charity Organizer branch of the Politics career and grilling 70 dishes in a park.
-   Complete Distinguished Degree in Psychology and counsel 7 angry, 7 sad, and 7 tense Sims, putting them in a happy, inspired, confident, or focused mood
-   Max Detective career and lock up 7 felons
-   Assemble an art museum containing 7 masterpieces, 7 excellent wood carvings and 7 outstanding photographs
-   Make Evergreen Harbor the best that it can be by passing the Green Initiative and Modern Development Initiative in each neighborhood and ensuring that the town has a maker space, market space, and community garden
-   Max Mixology aspiration and prepare 7 excellent meals, 7 excellent gourmet meals, and 7 excellent drinks.
-   Clean up Sulani and max conservationist career
-   Nurture 7 top-notch toddlers and send them to good homes when they become children

3 Elizabeth Best - Completed Projects: 6
-   Max Doctor career and perform 7 successful surgeries
-   Create 7 Simbots and give them to 7 elders
-   Max Scientist career and stockpile 70 serums
-   Make Sim world safer by performing 70 upgrades on plumbing and electrical items on community lots
-   Max Secret Agent career and witness the deaths of 7 evil Sims
-   Max Personal Trainer branch of Athletics and mentor 7 Sims in fitness

4 Mara of the Acoma - Completed Projects: 3
-   Max Business or Salaryworker career and donate 70k simoleons to reputable charities
-   Max the Tech Guru career and write 7 games
-   Max Politician career, participating in 7 demonstrations and giving 7 inspired speeches

5 Benita Alvarez - Completed Projects: 3
-   Complete Paragon of Hope aspiration 
-   Publish 7 motivational best-sellers
-   Interplanetary Ambassador -- Max the Astronaut career, visit Sixam, and have 7 Sixamite friends

6 Lessa of Ruatha - Completed Projects: 2
-   Max veterinarian skill, cure 7 pets, and befriend 7 strays
-   Make 70,000 simoleons running a retail store that sells essential items

7 Katniss Everdeen - Completed Projects: 1
-   Defeat the Mother in Strangerville

Heroes L-to-R: Esme, Lessa, Katniss, Darwi, Elizabeth, Benita, Mara
Screenshot 2022-07-20 182343.jpg

Farewell Notes

*taken from https://simslegacychallenge.com/sims-4-apocalypse-challenge-rules/ by Pinstar (exchanging “District 13” for “Glassbolt” and "Heroes House" for "superbowl")

And so ends my Seven Heroes Challenge – 33 projects by 7 heroes in 281 days

Thank you for reading and letting me indulge my love of (mostly teen sci-fi) literary heroines. I love many female characters in a variety of book styles but many of them are not particularly heroic. I hope you’ve enjoyed the ones I’ve chosen.

It think it’s fairly obvious that I’m lining up an Apocalypse Challenge - probably using the updated rules from https://florrieschallenge.weebly.com/ - but that requires a Wonder Child. Would a clone of any of my heroes make a good Wonder Child parent? I wonder… and what would their ideal co-parent be like… watch this space!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #111 on: July 20, 2022, 04:04:38 PM »

Congrats on completing another challenge! I love how the ending of this one is setting up a new one so seamlessly.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2022, 06:27:42 AM »

Congrats on completing another challenge! I love how the ending of this one is setting up a new one so seamlessly.
Thank you! Now begins the planning for the Wonder Child! :o

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Literally 7 Heroes - Complete
« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2022, 06:06:12 PM »
Congrats on completing your 7 Hero Dynasty! *throws confetti and rose petals

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Literally 7 Heroes - Complete
« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2022, 06:09:06 PM »
Congrats. on completing your second dynasty. Here is the link to your HOF Entry:

Granny Lawlor (Seven Hero Dynasty)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
NSS Settings
« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2022, 02:14:06 AM »
Reflections on NSS settings
I had human adoptions off for all households so that only couples would fill their houses to overflowing with kids.
After 2 generations though, all the townie families died off, their 2nd gen of up to 6 siblings being unable to add humans to their households.
For future multi-gen challenges, I'll probably allow adoptions.