Author Topic: Werewolves coming June 16 2022  (Read 4787 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Werewolves coming June 16 2022
« on: June 07, 2022, 05:15:10 AM »
I was hoping someone else would have started thread as I am slammed at work and will not have time to make sure it has all the information on the new pack, Please add any official information you find on the pack. I am extremely excited and can't do this the justice it deserves.

Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGmEEtpXXpM

Blogs

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/embrace-the-full-moon

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/packs/game-packs/the-sims-4-werewolves

Livestream Friday June 10th 11 AM PDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBB3wuIUmGA

Release day June 16th

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Werewolves coming June 16 2022
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 11:05:20 PM »
So who is getting this pack? I will but not at launch. I am super excited for this pack more so than any since ROM (Realm of Magic) but MWS (My Wedding Stories) was so broken at launch that I am a bit shell shocked. I am sorry I couldn't keep the thread updated but work has been insane but I have watched various videos on the pack. I am stoked.

Anyway, beware of Greg. Let the moon be with you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2022, 03:39:06 PM »
I just watched the livestream and wow, I am so stoked. It sounds like the new free update lunar cycle will affect all occults some how. Vamps can fight werewolves, so cool. I love this. A new updated multi pronged asperation. I am so enamored with this pack. Actual lore! this is so cool looking.

Does anyone else have thoughts> What excites you about the pack? What concerns do you have? Are you buying it?

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2022, 06:04:55 PM »
I might get around to watching a replay of the livestream this weekend, but it took place while I was at work and I've been too busy to watch yet.  But what I have seen and heard about the pack sounds really cool, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2022, 04:40:54 PM »
Ok finally had time to watch it!  I was already excited, now I can't wait.
Any one feature, yeah pretty cool.  What really impresses me is how much they've packed in here.  How many times they said "We'll leave it for you to explore the rest for yourself."  And they ran out of time anyway!
And when they showed you something... it actually worked!  I think they learned a valuable lesson with the last one.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2022, 07:39:06 PM »
I think so to. Last two game packs they didn't do much to hype it. I noticed bugs in the livestream. and the packs seemed lacking (because they were). Not this time. They hyped this pack like they were proud of it. I noticed no bugs in the livestream and they couldn't even cover all the gameplay in the livestream. I am so excited. I haven't been this excited since Realm of Magic for a Sims 4 pack of any kind. This pack sounds like it has actual lore and story without forcing the story. I was going to wait to buy it for fear of it being My Wedding Stories 2.0 (a pack with way more bugs then features at launch), but I want this pack now. I am sold.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2022, 10:14:33 PM »
Carl just released a video on the livestream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtnsCgJJdr4&pp=wgIGCgQQAhgB

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2022, 12:05:22 AM »
I'm excited about this pack, too!  But then I always love more lots!
I have watched neither the livestream or Carl's summary of the livestream.
But I watched the trailer review by both James Turner and LilSimsie.

I will not be buying this pack at launch, though.
Hopefully, I can wait 2-3 weeks for EA to deal with its initial bugs.
Thanks for all the links scoed!

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2022, 02:22:59 AM »
@oshizu I get that. The last pack way so defective at launch. In fact most packs have some issues but the last pack was so bad. That said at least Werewolves made it through the live stream without becoming a bug fest at least the pack did. So here is hoping for a smooth launch.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2022, 11:45:37 AM »
I'm intrigued by the genetic side of passing on the werewolf trait, or it being dormant. I got a ton of mileage out of breeding ancient spellcasters, it's something I never stopped doing. And a "Greater Werewolf" sounds like a trait that calls to me, and asks me, kindly, whether or not I shall try to stack this with other genetic traits.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2022, 03:36:07 PM »

Very excited about the new free lunar update: I loves me the moon! Also excited about this pack, even though I usually play immortal dynasties and can't do much with werewolves. The new world just looks super pretty. And who knows, maybe I can fight them?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2022, 11:42:36 PM »
I'm intrigued by the genetic side of passing on the werewolf trait, or it being dormant. I got a ton of mileage out of breeding ancient spellcasters, it's something I never stopped doing. And a "Greater Werewolf" sounds like a trait that calls to me, and asks me, kindly, whether or not I shall try to stack this with other genetic traits.

Heart Foam
I love that you're already scheming about breeding a lineage of super werewolves!!! 🧡
Looking forward to hearing where it takes you.  I lurk on Reddit without ever posting--I'll keep an eye out for you there, hehe.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2022, 06:30:52 AM »
:) My initial thoughts are ancient bloodline spellcaster (with Sulani Mana, obviously) (I've got a boatload of such sims) (basically all my sims have both those traits) gives up magic, gets bitten. As a werewolf, my sim has a child with Greg.

Hopefully a child with: Sulani Mana, Strong Bloodline... and Greater Wolf Blood?

Next step, we turn Father Winter into a werewolf. The aforementioned child gives up werewolfing -- hopefully keeping the Greater Wolf Blood trait? there are a few unknowns here -- and takes up spellcasting. This sim, now an accomplished adult, adept at painting which is the sign of adulthood, has a child with werewolf Father Winter.

My hunch is that Great Wolf Blood, if that's the right name, won't pass on if the parent that has the trait isn't a werewolf. But I'm curious to see how that all interacts. Does a child have a chance to be born a werewolf with an ancient spellcaster bloodline? Or does the werewolf part mean you get nothing from the spellcaster parent? 
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2022, 07:19:20 AM »

:) My initial thoughts are ancient bloodline spellcaster (with Sulani Mana, obviously) (I've got a boatload of such sims) (basically all my sims have both those traits) gives up magic, gets bitten. As a werewolf, my sim has a child with Greg.

Hopefully a child with: Sulani Mana, Strong Bloodline... and Greater Wolf Blood?

Next step, we turn Father Winter into a werewolf. The aforementioned child gives up werewolfing -- hopefully keeping the Greater Wolf Blood trait? there are a few unknowns here -- and takes up spellcasting. This sim, now an accomplished adult, adept at painting which is the sign of adulthood, has a child with werewolf Father Winter.

My hunch is that Great Wolf Blood, if that's the right name, won't pass on if the parent that has the trait isn't a werewolf. But I'm curious to see how that all interacts. Does a child have a chance to be born a werewolf with an ancient spellcaster bloodline? Or does the werewolf part mean you get nothing from the spellcaster parent? 
The werewolves genetic system works differently than spell casters two werewolf parent a child it has a chance of three outcomes dormant werewolf, regular werewolf and greater wold blood werewolf. It is random. No predictable outcomes. May the odds be with you on your plans @Heart Foam. We do not yet know what happens if only one parent is a werewolf yet, only the Greater Wolf bloodline is random with two werewolf parents.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2022, 07:26:54 AM »
In that case one skips the step of woohooing Greg, and simply turns the ancient bloodline sim and Father winter. And hopes!

Exit Bunthorne.

anything