Author Topic: Need help moving holidays (want to use 14 day seasons)  (Read 2978 times)

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
Need help moving holidays (want to use 14 day seasons)
« on: May 14, 2022, 12:18:15 PM »
Hello.

I did try a little experiment today. I'm still on the default 7 days season setting and I did try to set it to 14. But this made all holidays end up in the wrong spots. I.E. Winterfest were in autumn and Love day in winter. I thought the would "move along" but the did not so I had to get back to shorter seasons. I could not find out where the pre-made holidays are "stored" or how to move them around. I don't like the idea of having to delete them and re do them on a new place in the calendar. 
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: Need help moving holidays (want to use 14 day seasons)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 12:59:47 PM »
I suspect that it would fix itself... eventually.  You might well have to celebrate them on their messed-up dates the first time around, but next year I bet you'll find that they fall where they are supposed to.
You can also wait for the day of the holiday, and cancel after it starts.  This won't remove it permanently.
You might well find, that after the holiday passes on its messed up date, it will then show up where it should.  So, say Harvestfest is coming up very soon, in the first week of Fall.  As soon as you get past that date, it will probably pop right back up as the 2nd Thursday of Fall-- which is where it should be.  After celebrating Winterfest in Fall, it will probably pop back up as the 2nd Wednesday of Winter, and so on.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2022, 02:19:14 PM »
I suspect that it would fix itself... eventually.  You might well have to celebrate them on their messed-up dates the first time around, but next year I bet you'll find that they fall where they are supposed to.
You can also wait for the day of the holiday, and cancel after it starts.  This won't remove it permanently.
You might well find, that after the holiday passes on its messed up date, it will then show up where it should.  So, say Harvestfest is coming up very soon, in the first week of Fall.  As soon as you get past that date, it will probably pop right back up as the 2nd Thursday of Fall-- which is where it should be.  After celebrating Winterfest in Fall, it will probably pop back up as the 2nd Wednesday of Winter, and so on.

Yes, that would be a good option to cancel a holiday and let it reappear by itself. Thank you.  :)  I did not think about that but I will try that.

(And sorry for the messhapp in the other thread, I did answer you but my head did mess the topics up. I did change my answer there).

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2022, 05:16:43 PM »
If I were you, I would just recreate the misplaced holidays on your calendar.
For example, look at a specific holiday and check its holiday icon, name, and holiday traditions.  Then create the exact same holiday on the day you prefer.
After that, you can delete the original (misplaced) holiday.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2022, 05:00:22 AM »
For example, look at a specific holiday and check its holiday icon, name, and holiday traditions.  Then create the exact same holiday on the day you prefer.

Yes, as told, this was my first thought. I just did not want to do that job yesterday.  ;) Do you think this is the better solution?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2022, 04:42:56 PM »

Yes, as told, this was my first thought. I just did not want to do that job yesterday.  ;) Do you think this is the better solution?

Haha, the better solution is whatever works best for you and your sims.
Myself, I wouldn't want to wait around for the holidays to sort themselves out.
I would definitely re-do holidays in the upcoming 14 days, then worry about the rest later.
In your case, I can see how redoing them all at once would be time-consuming hassle.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2022, 04:49:36 PM »
That's true of course, it's up to me doing what feels best for me and my game play. Oh well, I did begin this project today. I did change to 14 days seasons and when Harvest fest came up and I did cancel it. It was not a loss since I don't like this holiday. But afterwards I could not recreate the holiday  so I have to wait until next ingame year. I did delete Loveday (that falsely have ended up in December) but I have recreated Winterfest and Newyearseve on their correct places. I also did notice that every holiday can only exist once so I can not keep a holiday while creating it again. I must remember the traditions and delete the existing holiday before creating it again. (Well, I guess renameing the existing one would work too). My sims have not past the Autumn yet so there is more then two ingame weeks until newyear. I will keep playing this family until then. Thanks for your help. 

Edit: Harvest Fest really did came back by itself now at my recent play session. I don't know if the restart made it happen or if the game engine brought it back anyway. Well, it's still very nice.  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.