Author Topic: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) - Complete (Dec 2022)  (Read 49829 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 10.2: The Secret Diary
« Reply #210 on: December 01, 2022, 02:10:19 PM »

Oh no! Dorothea, what have you done?? What of your soulmate and partner to the death??  :'(
The course of true love, etc etc!

Well, that was an unexpected one-night quickie!
And with a distant relative, even?
It could be worse, Dorothea!  On the bright side, you weren't actually married yet, right?
No, not actually married so no legal vows broken. Only the everlasting vows of soulmates cracked forever!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 10.3: Secrets & Lies
« Reply #211 on: December 02, 2022, 03:51:02 AM »
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 10.3: Secrets & Lies

Friday – Wedding Day
Dorothea: I can’t eat anything at the breakfast table even though Mum’s made a really nice watermelon salad. It seems I really am going to fast until my Wedding Breakfast but I can take no pride in that! Yes, reader, I am going through with this wedding. I love Ryo, my soulmate until death. I have betrayed him but will spend my life making it up to him.

10.2.24.jpg

Dorothea: When we get to Myshuno Meadows, Mum bundles me upstairs to get my hair done, just how I planned it. But the dress, the midnight blue sheath dress? It’s too tight! The wedding planner is prepared and has an alternative in a lighter blue with light gloves. My make-up needs adjusting as the dark lipstick looked ridiculous. As Dad walks me down the aisle, I stumble when I see my groom, dressed exactly as we’d planned. Oh Ryo, can you tell I’m dragging tendrils of deceit into this marriage?

10.2.25.jpg

Dorothea: “Are you OK, my Dark Angel?” whispers the man I’ve betrayed. “Just bats in my stomach – I couldn’t eat this morning” I prevaricate. “Nor me” he says.

10.2.26.jpg

Dorothea: Where was Uncle Roald? He was supposed to be the officiant. He’s always been there for me. I can’t help thinking it’s a omen. We say our vows to each other, Ryo seemingly unaware of the bleakness within me, but are we truly married? Can we ever be?

10.2.27.jpg

Dorothea: I have to break out of this and I have a plan. I tell the guests that we’re going off to have some wedding photos taken in the grounds. “Come on” I say, leading Ryo to the observatory. “Wait, won’t the guests miss us?” he says. “Dad will get them all dancing and there’s a free bar. We won’t be missed.” “I wanted our first time to be special” my trusting husband says. “It will be” I say “Always. Let’s try for a baby”.

10.2.28.jpg

Dorothea: I was right. It was special and that the other guests didn’t notice we’d been gone. I feel like a dark cloud has been lifted and a curse broken. We cut the blue heart-shaped wedding cake after putting the bat topper with my things.

10.2.29.jpg

Dorothea: Grandma Michiko is pregnant again. She’s a baby-making machine. Oh! I wonder…could I be? Would you believe the wedding planner has a pregnancy test handy? She’s definitely worth the fee!

10.2.30.jpg

Dorothea: I tell Ryo the news while we have our first dance. He was ecstatic. We’re starting our big family already, just as we’d planned. Can you believe that hidden in my body, a tiny life force is coming into being? A new soul? Just as well I’m wearing this looser dress because my baby bump makes it’s appearance straight away.

10.2.31.jpg

Dorothea: Grandma Michiko hugged me and whispered “I knew as soon as you got here! You were glowing” “No” I said “I’ve only just…” but she was off, dashing to the bathroom before I could explain. All the other guests gathered to wave us off. One of my school friends caught the bouquet and we left for the airport.

10.2.32.jpg

Dorothea: We flew into El Savadora late in the evening. We were conveyed to our romantic villa, off the beaten track, and made some more memories in private.

10.2.33.jpg

Saturday in El Salvadora
Ryo: Dorothea’s so tired. I’ll just see if I can chop this fruit into a salad for her. Ow! I really need to work on my cooking skills.

10.2.34.jpg

Dorothea: No you don’t, Dear Heart. I will provide for your every need.
Ryo: Every need, Dark Angel?
Dorothea: I am yours, body and soul, forever and always.
Ryo: I can’t wait to start composing music. You fill my head with haunting melodies that must be written down. But first, let’s go and be tourists!

10.2.35.jpg

Ryo: What does it say?
Dorothea: It’s in the local language. We’ll have to ask some locals.
Ryo: They say there’s some ruins around here. We could go exploring.
Dorothea: That sounds intense. We’d better get some provisions if we’re going to do that.
Ryo: Good idea and then grab a meal from the vendor before we set off.

10.2.36.jpg

Dorothea: Do you have any gardening skills?
Ryo: Nope.
Dorothea: Me neither. Machete it is then! I like your exploring outfit.
Ryo: It was a good idea to get some local clothing. You look good, too.
Dorothea: Maybe wear that hat later?
Ryo: Oh yes!

10.2.37.jpg

Ryo: These ancient baths are amazing. It was worth the various scrapes we had getting here. It’s like the rest of the world and all it’s cares have disappeared. Dorothea seems more relaxed. I hope this pregnancy goes well for her. I’d give my life to protect her..them!

10.2.38.jpg

Completed:
Generation 1 – Mint – Elphie - dec
Generation 2 – Rose – Tina - dec
Generation 3 – Yellow – Zara - dec
Generation 4 – Grey – Michaela – dec
Generation 5 – Plum – Rowland – dec – completed week 25
Generation 6 – Orange – Oona Luna – Elder – completed week 31
Generation 7 – Pink – Wilhelmina (Willie) – dec – completed week 34
Generation 8 – Peach – Augustus (Gus) – Adult – completed week 40
Generation 9 – Green – George – YA completed week 42

In Progress – week 43, Year 3, Autumn

Generation 10 – Blue – Dorothy – young adult
Perfectionist, Gloomy, Family-Oriented
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spouse – Ryo Kendo – Outgoing, Loyal, Geek with Musical Genius aspiration

L-to-R: Ryo & Dorothea
Screenshot 2022-12-01 130715.jpg

Notes
Two episodes to cover 1 Sim week but it seemed necessary with all that happened. We already knew that Ryo was an Outgoing Geek and then he aged up into a Loyal Young Adult. Dorothea couldn’t have chosen better. Sure, she made a mistake, but she can put it all behind her and move on into her perfect new life with her soulmate.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 10.3: Secrets & Lies
« Reply #212 on: December 02, 2022, 07:25:43 AM »

Oo, I love that blue heart cake; I haven't seen that one yet! A gorgeous wedding for a gorgeous (and glowing!) bride.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #213 on: December 02, 2022, 08:46:30 AM »
Hmmm, really wondering which "father" the baby will resembling.  I suddenly hear "I Love Lucy's" Ricky Ricardo's voice calling out, "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!"
Anyway, a lovely wedding and honeymoon...at least so far  ;=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #214 on: December 02, 2022, 10:40:49 AM »
Really the only way to play out the Gen10 heir's requirements! 😉
And wow, Ryo has the Loyal trait!  Best wishes, Dorothea!
All of us are sitting here with our popcorn, waiting to meet Dorothea's kid as toddler. *fluffs my pillows
Well played, Watcher!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #215 on: December 02, 2022, 12:25:05 PM »
I'm a little late with this, but I really liked this line from the previous episode: "I have a shower to clear my head and when I get out the gnomes are all there, staring, with judgement in their eyes."  ;D ;D

You played out that challenge requirement so well, and as much as I enjoyed Dorothea's self-torment after-the-fact, I do hope she now forgives herself and that the new baby (babies?) will resemble Ryo, but that pre-wedding need to change dresses has me a wee bit concerned . . .

Selvadorado was such a great honeymoon location. I do hope Ryo and Dorothea have a lovely life together, regardless of who the next gen most resembles.  ;)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #216 on: December 02, 2022, 03:17:49 PM »
Thank you, all, for your lovely comments. There're more twists coming up that I definitely didn't plan and so far I've only played as far as Tuesday in the next week. Hold on to your hats - Dorothea's road is still bumpy  :'(  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 10.4: The Chamber of Horrors
« Reply #217 on: December 03, 2022, 07:44:12 AM »
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 10.4: The Chamber of Horrors

Sunday
Ryo: It’s been a wonderful honeymoon, Dark Angel
Dorothea: It has – a total other-worldly experience.
Ryo: And you don’t mind that we stayed in bed all morning?
Dorothea (laughing): What do you think? Besides, it’s been raining.
Ryo: Yes – it’s nice and warm for Winter but they did warn us about the rain.
Dorothea: I’ve just gone into my 3rd trimester.
Ryo: We’d better get home. We don’t want to risk you giving birth here.

10.4.1.jpg

Ryo: Here we are – our new home.
Dorothea: Oh, Newcrest...
Ryo: Yes, darling. It’s a new development.
Dorothea: Is it my imagination or are all the houses the same?
Ryo: They are. One contractor has built the whole lot.

10.4.2.jpg

Ryo: I saw the development advertised online and it’s a bargain price that we can afford. What do you think?
Dorothea: It’s great, Ryo, just great.
Ryo: Really? I know it’s not what we planned but it was advertised as being good for someone who likes blue.

10.4.2a.jpg10.4.3.jpg

Ryo: Don’t worry, Angel. When I signed us up I got them to adjust the colours of ours to darker shades. It’s not perfect yet but I thought you’d want some input on it.
Dorothea: Oh Ryo, I don’t deserve you!
Ryo: You deserve the moon and all the stars. One day we’ll have your dream home.

10.4.4.jpg

Katrina: Hi there! I’m just moving in next door and I saw your removal van just finishing up.
Ryo: Nice to meet you.
Dorothea: We’re just back from our honeymoon.
Katrina: Congratulations. And I see you’ve been busy on your honeymoon.
Ryo: Why yes we have!!!
Dorothea: Don’t mind us – we’re still all flirty from, well, lots of stuff.
Katrina: How far along are you?
Dorothea: Um, I don’t recall saying you could touch my belly…
Katrina: Oh don’t mind me, just being friendly.
Dorothea: Actually I need to get back to the bathroom….I’ll see you around. (goes into own house)
Katrina: Now, young man! I need some help in the bedroom.
Ryo: Oh ho! Are you planning to feel my belly too?
Katrina (batting eyes): Maybe later!
Ryo: You’re flirting with me, young lady!
Katrina: And you’re flirting right back!

10.4.5.jpg

Ryo: Dorothea? Are you decent? There’s a guy in a pink cap at the door.
Dorothea: What? Who? Oh no! I’m not in the mood for visitors. Send him away.

10.4.6.jpg

Roald: I’m so sorry I missed the wedding, Ryo. I had the perfect outfit lined up…
Ryo: Another dress?
Roald: Not this time but still – the traffic was terrible and I couldn’t get through. Still, congratulations. Dorothea looks radiant! I hope you’re not the sort to cheat on her! Ha ha! Like I don’t know you’re the loyal type!
Ryo (to self): Maybe he’s heard something…it was only a jokey comment but maybe Katrina thinks it’s more. I feel terrible for cheating on Dorothea. What a way to start our new life together.

10.4.7.jpg

Watcher: Yua? What’s that thought bubble?
Yua: I feel a bit….where’s the bathroom?

10.4.7a.jpg

Ryo: And this is where I nearly got singed.
George: OK
Ryo: And this is where we swam.
George: Right
Ryo: And this is….
George: Sorry, Ryo, Yua is giving me the nod. You know, the one spouses give you when it’s time to be getting away. I’ll look at your photos another time…

10.4.8.jpg

Dorothea: Mum? You’ve only just left.
Yua: I started feeling nauseous so I took a test when I got home. I’m pregnant!
Dorothea: Wow – that’s – great?
Yua: Yes, it is. We’re so pleased.
Dorothea: So am I, Mum. So am I.

10.4.7b.jpg

Monday
Vendor: Here you go!
Dorothea: Oh – this dish is interesting…what’s that extra flavour I can taste?
Vendor: Marmite.
Dorothea: Ah – that explains it.
Vendor: And you’ll give me a good review.
Dorothea: Read it in tomorrow’s edition. Actually…maybe not! Ow!

10.4.9.jpg

Dorothea: I’ve been waiting here ages! My husband’s in some seedy comedy club doing an act and not reachable. I’m not in a good mood and this baby’s coming whether you get a doctor here or not!
Receptionist: I’m going to have to wake up Dr Elderberry. He’s retired really….
Dorothea: ANYONE!!!!!

10.4.10.jpg

Dorothea: Doctor?
Dr Elderberry: Um…don’t distract me, young lady. This new-fangled robot has got all it’s buttons in the wrong place.
Dorothea: Just get it working!
Dr E: Oh dear, the two arms have got jammed together!
Dorothea: HELP! Somebody get me out of this thing!

10.4.11.jpg

Dr E: There. That’s the arms un-jammed. Right! The manual says….this menu…that lever…and Voila!
Dorothea: h…e….l…p….m…e………
Dr E: Don’t panic. I’ll just switch it off and back on again.
Dorothea: I…..can….see….a….light….
Dr E: Don’t walk towards it. Oh dear! Oh dear!

10.4.12.jpg

Dorothea: I nearly died giving birth to you, Layla. And your brother Ozul. I’m too tired to even look at him never mind look after you both properly. The ambulance is taking us home. I just hope your Papa’s there so I can go to bed.

10.4.13.jpg

Ryo: Hello, little Ozul. What dark skin you’ve got. I know Dorothea’s grandfather and his mother were dark. You must be our little throw-back. Mind you, I was adopted so who knows what my parents looked like. Anyway, I’ve got care for both of you tonight. Your Mama is recovering from that traumatic birth. I really should have been there but they couldn’t get the message to me back-stage at the club.

10.4.14.jpg

Completed:
Generation 6 – Orange – Oona Luna – dec – completed week 31
Generation 9 – Green – George – YA completed week 42

In Progress – week 45a, Year 3, Winter

Notes
I’d love to give credit for the Picket Fence Home For Two but I downloaded them for Newcrest a while back when planning this episode and when I went back to the gallery I couldn’t find them. Sorry.

Ryo & Dorothea were so loved-up and flirty when they got back but all Ryo didn’t was one flirty comment to the elderly neighbour. Being Loyal, he was tortured about it for hours. Ironic, eh?

Layla means "darkness" in Arabic and Ozul means "shadow" in Hebrew

I thought I’d be winding up Gen 10 in this challenge fairly swiftly but the Snozzberries seem determined to hold onto the limelight. We’ve only got to Monday night in week 45. Tuesday onwards coming soon and eventually a family tree that will reveal all!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 10.4: The Chamber of Horrors
« Reply #218 on: December 03, 2022, 09:52:34 AM »
Wow, scandal!  I can't believe Ryo would flirt with someone other than his wife!!  Such an outrage!!  You never see Dorothea doing anything scandalous  like that  ;=)
Oooo, Ozul resembles his biological father a bit, eh?  And yet Ryo immediately assumes Dorothea has done no wrong and it's just genetics from an elder generation.  What a guy!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 10.4: The Chamber of Horrors
« Reply #219 on: December 03, 2022, 10:39:33 AM »
Well, luckily, Ryo inadvertently flirted with the elderly lady next door.
No extra nooboos, for one thing, plus she might not be around much longer. ;)
How curious that he would feel guilty over his casual remark, though. (If he only knew...)

Waiting for the toddler reveal!!!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 10.5: The Turn of The Screw
« Reply #220 on: December 03, 2022, 11:13:08 AM »
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 10.4: The Turn of The Screw
***Mascara Warning***

Tuesday
Ryo: Aw Angel, how are you feeling?
Dorothea: I’m fine.
Ryo: When I heard what those butchers at the hospital did to you! I’ll never forgive myself for not being there!
Dorothea: I’m fine. Really, I’m fine.

10.5.1.jpg

Ryo: I’ve not seen you in clothes like that before?
Dorothea: They’re comfy.
Ryo: I like your natural hair colour. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen it unstraightened.
Dorothea: I don’t have time to do all that. This short cut is low-maintenance.
Ryo: I love you.
Dorothea: I love you, too.

10.5.2.jpg

Ryo: I’ve got both babies off to sleep.
Dorothea: Let's Try for a Baby!
Ryo: Oh yes. But are you sure – I thought – after that birth - ?
Dorothea: I’m fine.
Ryo: The cots are in the bedroom. We could try the shower?
Dorothea: Fine.

10.5.3.jpg

Ryo: Oh! Oh! Oh!
Dorothea: No! Not this. Go to bed!
Ryo: OK

10.5.4.jpg

Dorothea: There you go, Layla. That’s you fed. Oh, please, no! Ozul! Don’t be awake! I daren’t wake Ryo yet….

10.5.5.jpg

Wednesday
Dorothea: That sounds nice.
Ryo: I need to practise for work. Thanks for sending me to bed last night. I’m sorry I got over-whatever… I’ve fed Ozul. He was starving! Didn’t he wake in the night?
Dorothea: Layla did.
Ryo: Anyway, I’ve invited your folks over. I can manage the babies until my work starts at 5pm but I don’t want you to be alone with them while I’m out.
Dorothea: No.

10.5.6.jpg

Yua: Dorothea? You’re not dressed, Honey. And your eyebrows? They’re getting a bit….never mind.
Dot: Call me Dot. Dorothea’s so pretentious, don’t you think?
Yua: Honey? Are you OK?
Dot: I’m fine.

10.5.7.jpg

Dot: I need to read this book again. It says I must breast feed the babies. If I don’t breast feed them, they’ll get ill. And if they get ill, we’ll have to take them to that hospital. And if we take them to the hospital, they’ll die on that operating table. I’m such a bad mother.

10.5.8.jpg

Ryo: Look! Isn’t he cute?
George: Aw – my little grandson! He’s adorable.
Ryo: I think so but, you know Dorothea hasn’t held him once! She’ll see to Layla but even for her, she’ll only do the essentials. If I ask how she is, she just says “fine”. I’m getting really worried.
George: It’s probably just a touch of baby-blues. She’ll get over it.
Ryo: I hope so. Now, let me show you the rest of those photos!
George: Fine.

10.5.9.jpg

Yua: Is this helping?
Dot: A bit.
Yua: You know you can always talk to me? Call me if you’re struggling.
Dot: But I’ve got to be able to do this on my own. Other people manage. Why can’t I? I’m the worst mother.
Yua: Deep breaths, honey. In…..Out….Push all that worry away and just breathe.

10.5.10.jpg

Dot: Thanks Mum, I’m feeling a bit calmer.
George: Better than me, then! Just how many photos did you guys take on your honeymoon?

10.5.11.jpg

George: Hey, Dorot…., sorry, Dot? What are you looking at there?
Dot: It’s this support forum for new Mums. They’ve got loads of ideas on the perfect way to decorate the babies room – educational, stimulating and attractive.

10.5.13.jpg

George: I see you’ve made a few changes….
Dot: Ryo put up the wallpaper and then those mobiles above the babies should help their cognitive development.
George: And all the other décor?
Dot: It’s got to be perfect, Dad!
George: And the gnome?
Dot: I don’t think I like gnomes but that one is blue at least. I don’t want the babies to pick up my phobias, otherwise….
George: I get it. Its just…you don’t have to be perfect, you know?

10.5.12.jpg

Dot: I know I can’t be perfect but I must be able to be a better mum than this! I try everything but the babies are still so hard to manage. Mum says I’ve got Postpartum Anxiety and counselling would help but what if me being ill affects the babies. What if I can’t manage when I’m on my own with them. Social Services will take them away. Why can’t I do anything right?

10.5.13a.jpg

George: Shoosh! Shoosh, little Ozul! Your Mama’s really tired. Oh shoosh!
Dot: It’s OK Dad, he just needs a clean nappy. I’ll feed him now too.
George: Are you sure? Your Mum said I should do as much as I can to help.
Dot: I’m fine Dad. I can do it.
George: I’ll be getting off then. The snow’s really coming down and I don’t want to get stuck in it. You’ll be OK?
Dot: Yes, Dad, get back to Mum. I love you.

10.5.15.jpg

Dot: There you are, little Ozul. All nice and clean. Mama’s got some nice milk for you too.  My Mama says I only need to be a Good-Enough-Mum – a GEM. I won’t be perfect but I’ll be a GEM for you and your sister.

10.5.17.jpg

Dot: I’ve got to go back to work tomorrow. My shift will end before Ryo has to go out. We’ll be able to manage without a Nanny which is good. No having to interview people to find the best one! I’ll read this baking book to get my head back into flavours and textures.

10.5.18.jpg

Dot: Mum? What is it? Dad had an accident in the snow? He died of hypothermia? Daaaaaad!

10.5.18a.jpg

Dot: I can’t believe it! I’m pregnant! Ryo’s out at work and I’m pregnant. Dad has died and I’m pregnant! Mum’s left all on her own and she’s pregnant! It’s all too much. I….I….need to breathe.

10.5.19.jpg

Ryo: You don’t have to go to work.
Dot: I want to. I want to think about work. I want to be doing work. I don’t want to be thinking about anything else. It’ll help. It has to help!
Ryo: You know I love you, right?
Dot: I love you, too!

Screenshot 2022-12-02 223217.jpg

Completed:
Generation 6 – Orange – Oona Luna – Elder – completed week 31
Generation 9 – Green – George – dec completed week 42

Notes
I know this episode is rather a challenge. I haven’t personally had Post-Partum Anxiety or Antenatal Depression which are both often written off as hormonal Baby-Blues but they last much longer. I have, however, had the sad privilege of walking alongside people who have had them and I’ve tried to write the self-condemning vicious spirals that they can talk themselves into. 1 in 10 mothers suffer to some degree. Therapy and medication can be a great help and probably essential for anyone struggling. A Gloomy, Perfectionist, Family-Orientated Sim wrestling with trauma and personal demons – poor Dorothea had the perfect storm.

Poor George got stuck in the snowy backyard (always an issue with unfamiliar builds) and I was so focussed on the babies that I didn’t notice until it was too late. Could this episode get any sadder?

We’re still only up to Wednesday. I promise, scout’s honour, that the next episode will be lighter and may even get us to the end of the week! Ah – the wonders of fiction!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 10.5: The Turn of The Screw
« Reply #221 on: December 04, 2022, 02:27:23 AM »

Oof! Just, oof!  :'( What ever are you doing with my darling Dorathea??

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 10.5: The Turn of The Screw
« Reply #222 on: December 04, 2022, 04:59:18 AM »

Oof! Just, oof!  :'( What ever are you doing with my darling Dorathea??
It'll be OK, I promise!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 10.6: The Isle of Spirits
« Reply #223 on: December 04, 2022, 05:13:08 AM »
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 10.6: The Isle of Spirits

Ryo: Come in, come in. Roald! Come in out of the cold!
Roald: I’ll be in soon. I just need some time.
Dot: Oh Mum.
Yua: I know!

10.6.1.jpg

Dot: Ryo and I were wondering…
Yua: Before you offer, you can’t come and stay with me. I know you don’t like the mill. It’s not good for you.
Dot: The dark, satanic mill? No it’s not. But, if you wanted, Ryo’s come up with somewhere that might be good for all of us.
Ryo: Room for the twins, room for you and your little one. Here’s the brochure. What do you say?
Yua: What are these promises? A place of healing?
Ryo: That’s just advertising guff. It's a renovation of somewhere our ancestors have lived before, but don’t you think it looks amazing?

10.6.1a.jpg

Koinonia: They are with us
Jireh: We are ready
Rapha: They will heal

Yua: This is a wonderful place
Dot: It feels like I can really breathe here.

10.6.3.jpg

Yua: Too far to go to the hospital.
Dot: Better here anyway. It all went smoothly.
Yua: If only George were here. Little Trista, you really are born in sadness

Koinonia: We are more We are together
Jireh: It has begun

10.6.4.jpg

Ryo: Happy Birthday, Layla. What lovely dark hair you have. It’s straight, just like mine.

10.6.5.jpg

Dot: Happy Birthday, sweet Ozul, our little man.

10.6.6.jpg

Watcher: It is time for a photo montage from the Secret Diary. Ryo must never see this!
Rapha: Truth heals
Watcher: Not always

10.6.6a.jpg

Ryo: Angel? We got mail for the twins. Your Dad sent a gift for Ozul but so did someone called Tobias Snozzberry. Also, someone called Gregory Snozzberry sent something for Layla. Were these family members at the wedding? I don’t remember them.
Dot: Um…

10.6.7.jpg

Yua: Oh that’s kind of them. You know Gregory from High School, Dot, remember. Tobias is his father. George was doing a bit of genealogy and we finally worked out how they were related. Tobias’ grandparents were George's great great great great grandparents Zara and Robi who lived in Windenberg. That makes Tobias the first cousin 5 times removed of Dot. Isn’t that amazing!
Dot: Um…

10.6.8.jpg

Layla: Babble
Ozul: Babble

Koinonia: Together
Jireh: Learning
Rapha: Growing

10.6.12.jpg

Dot: Do you think Ryo will be OK on his own with the twins and your Trista
Yua: He told us not to worry. He could always call a nanny as an extra pair of hands if he needs them.
Dot: I don’t want strangers in the house! It’s like…there’s already a presence there.
Yua: That sounds like one of your imaginings
Dot: A good presence, I think, but I don’t want to upset things with strangers.

10.6.11.jpg

Dot: I wish…I wish…to be promoted!
Jireh: Ye-e-es….

10.6.14.jpg

Dot: I need to be better at writing to earn that last promotion but these poems I’m writing are getting me there. I don’t think I’ll ever publish them but writing out my feelings seems to help.
Rapha: Healing

10.6.15.jpg

Yua: Guys, come and see! Trista is adorable!
Koinonia: Togetherness

10.6.16.jpg

Dot: What’s this light by Ozul? What are you doing to him?
Jireh: Helping
Rapha: Renewing
Koinonia: We are together
Dot: I’m…us?

10.6.17.jpg

Layla: You See?
Ozul: Blue Lights
Layla: Tickles
Ozul: Warm

10.6.18.jpg

Dot: I made it! Everyone fears my visits and reviews but everyone wants to read them. I guess I should celebrate. Time to make some dinner!

10.6.18a.jpg

Ryo: Well done, Angel.
Dot: I wish I felt more like celebrating. I don’t really like my job.
Ryo: Well, with another baby on the way and me earning more…you could quit if you want?
Dot: And make a new start? A clean slate?
Ryo: If you really want a clean slate, there’s something I must tell you! Every time I want to say anything, it’s on the tip of my tongue.
Dot: What is it, Ryo? You’re scaring me.
Ryo: It’s all I can think about – how I betrayed you. You remember Katrina?
Dot: The old neighbour in Newcrest?
Ryo: After you’d gone in she was joking around and I was too and it got flirty
Dot: You flirted with our elderly neighbour?

10.6.19.jpg

Ryo: Do you hate me?
Dot: Hate you? No, Ryo, I don’t hate you. It’s nothing to worry about. I’m more worried about this baby. What if it’s as bad as last time? We’re miles from the hospital.
Ryo: I’ll be here. I’ll never let you down again.

10.6.19a.jpg

Yua: Isn’t it calming, meditating out on the balcony?
Dot: Mmm…..

Jireh: Strength
Rapha: Peace
Koinonia: It’s time

Dot: Ohhhhhh!
Rapha: Peace

10.6.22.jpg

Dot: Oh, welcome baby Aarush

Koinonia: Welcome

Ryo: Well done, Angel. You were amazing.
Dot (having emotional meltdown): I’m not amazing! Oh Ryo, I feel so lost but I want to do better.
Ryo: You ARE amazing. You might have lost a bit of yourself but you’ll find it again. You’ll always be my Angel!

Rapha: Remember

10.6.23.jpg

Dot: Remember?

Rapha: Remember!

Dorothea: I remember!

10.6.24.jpg10.6.25.jpg

Completed:
Generation 6 – Orange – Oona Luna – dec – completed week 31
Generation 9 – Green – George – dec completed week 42

Generation 10 – Blue – Dorothea – young adult
Children – Ozul (toddler), Layla (toddler), Aarush (nooboo)

L-to-R: Layla, Yua holding Trista, Dorothea, Ryo holding Aarush, Ozul
Screenshot 2022-12-03 105534.jpg

Notes
The Island Spirits: Koinonia means fellowship, Jireh means provider, Rapha means healer. There always seems to be 3 when they appear so I thought I'd personalize them.

I’ve shown the gallery page for the build designed for the Admiral’s Wreckage lot but I don’t have the knowledge to read the pictographs in the title, if that’s what they are. The designer is Senpenbanka0426. It’s a lovely build all on one level with 4 identical apartments around a central living area. It’s all on stilts above a mass of island plants with glass flooring in areas to see it. The whole is surround by an external balcony walk-way. It’s huge but I’m loving it.

Until Ryo confessed his incredibly minor “cheating” it was on the first set of options for any interactions with Dorothea with a Loyal symbol next to it. I got him to confess in the end, just to clear it! Dot got over it really quickly (as she should!) but poor Ryo continued to feel bad for the full 3 days!

Aarush is “first ray of sun” in Hindi.

We’ve not quite reached Sunday but I think that’s a good place to leave our healing family. I need some time on the Island to recover too!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 10.6: The Isle of Spirits
« Reply #224 on: December 04, 2022, 09:54:36 AM »
Yay, Dorothea's back!
Thank you for sharing the shot of her family tree. 
Superfecundation (simultaneous multiple births with different fathers) is super rare in the sims, though a few simmers have reported instances.
Would it be too much to ask that you and I would be included in that exclusive club? Lol
Luckily for D, Ryo is happy enough with Layla who has her mother's eyes. :D

I'm glad the family made it out of that desolate house in Newcrest!