Author Topic: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) - Complete (Dec 2022)  (Read 49825 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 8.5: With Jam In
« Reply #180 on: November 25, 2022, 10:55:23 AM »
Nice! Gus has been making serious career advances, overcoming the glitches and stuff he suffered previously.
Go, Gus!

There's a new Party Animal personality trait.
I've been considering whether or not I want to add that as one of Gen9's traits instead of the rule-designated Squeamish trait.
Hmmm....
That's a thought....I'd be happy to do the same. The Squeamish trait seems quite irrelevant to the story... Let me know what you decide  :)
About the choice of personality traits, I've noticed that it's determined more by the color of the trait's icon rather than any relevancy to the requirements of the generation concerned.
For example, the Rose (Gen2) heir requires traits with red icons: Romantic, Hot-headed, and Snob (the Snob icon shows a hand holding a glass of red wine).
Trait choice seems to generally follow this color rule.
Just now, I checked the new Party Animal trait and see that it's a purple icon. :
Gen9's traits are Cheerful, Geek, and Squeamish.  But Squeamish is the only "green trait."
Gen1 also had green traits, you might recall: Jealous, Materialistic, and Vegetarian.
I guess our only other choices would be Green Fiend or Child of the Islands, which both come from packs released after the NSB was created.

If we ignore the trait icon color, though, Party Animal really fits Gen9's lifestyle. Here's the description:
"These Sims tend to enjoy parties and letting every other Sim know by hyping up a crowd and performing party tricks."
Sounds fun, right? haha  It especially fits how you are cultivating George's personality. *winks

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #181 on: November 25, 2022, 02:57:44 PM »
Re Party Animal, I think I'd like to go for it. George really likes his parties. I might try to get him to hold one of each, maybe aim at all gold? It would be a nice balance to his highly sedentary career

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #182 on: November 25, 2022, 06:05:48 PM »
The new Party Animal trait really works well with how you've been portraying George ever since he was a toddler.
I've also had a storyline in mind for for a few months for Taro's yet unborn heir (lol!), but Party Animal doesn't really work great with that.
I guess my real question to you should have been:
Squeamish is an awful trait--shall we both replace it with a different personality trait in the Lifestyle category (like Squeamish), one that better suits our vision of our Gen9 heir?
Hehe.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #183 on: November 25, 2022, 06:19:50 PM »
I'm loving how each update ends with a joke in the generation where the heir has to do jokes.  And you're staying thematic with them, no less!  Very clever work, Watcher  :=)
I could reveal that I write the episode; then hunt for a doughnut pun that's close; and then tweak the writing to emphasize the pun but I'd rather glaze over that ;)

Ah-haa! See what you did there. *wink* George and his single-mindedness about parties. I bet he grows up to be a hoot!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #184 on: November 26, 2022, 07:14:42 AM »
The new Party Animal trait really works well with how you've been portraying George ever since he was a toddler.
I've also had a storyline in mind for for a few months for Taro's yet unborn heir (lol!), but Party Animal doesn't really work great with that.
I guess my real question to you should have been:
Squeamish is an awful trait--shall we both replace it with a different personality trait in the Lifestyle category (like Squeamish), one that better suits our vision of our Gen9 heir?
Hehe.
Aha!
To sum up: Original Green Gen (9) traits are Geek (Hobby), Cheerful (Emotional) and Squeamish (Lifestyle). Party Animal from the Lifestyle section has a tiny bit of green in its' icon and, as this is is a non-HoF challenge, could be used instead of the Squeamish trait.

I'm doing it!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 8.6: Doughnut Hole Me Back
« Reply #185 on: November 26, 2022, 09:29:59 AM »
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 8.6: Doughnut Hole Me Back

Gus: Happy Birthday, son!
George: Thanks Dad but I was hoping for a party this time?
Gus: I’m sorry son but we’ve just got a lot on at the moment.

8.6.1.jpg

Tim: OK, so you want to learn to program computers? I can teach you how.
George: Thanks, Uncle Tim. You’re the best!
Tim: Watcher had me max it out in my teens. It didn’t make sense at the time but now I know why!

8.6.2.jpg

George: Hey, Grandad! I’m organising a party.
Dexter: Ah. A birthday party?
George: You’d think so, as it’s our birthday but no. Candles blown out, spun round, become Cheerful, all done and dusted. This is just a regular party at our house.
Dexter: Oh! A house party! Excellent.

8.6.2a.jpg

Gus: I wasn’t sure about having this party but I’m really enjoying getting to tell my jokes.
George: That’s right Dad. Knock ‘em dead! But out here on the terrace so no-one gets too silly!
Gus: Where did you get those party shades from?
George: Just making an effort. This party is going to be wild!

8.6.3.jpg

Yua: Great party, thanks for inviting me.
George: I don’t know many people but you came round the other day?
Yua: Yes. I’d met your dad at work. I think he thought I was a suspect but I had red-hair and the description was black. Anyway, I was passing the other day so I popped round on the off-chance…
George: And that’s when I met you. You’re really pretty.
Yua: That’s what your brother Roald said too.
George (to self): Oh dear! Now I’ve got a major crush on Yua!

8.6.4.jpg

George: I invited lots of ladies for Uncle Tim to meet as a way of saying thank you for helping me max my computer skills. He tried it on with all of them! I told you my parties would be wild! The woman in red? She’s unflirty and not interested in Romance. The one in purple? She’s only interested in women.

8.6.5.jpg

The woman in black? She mentored me a bit in fishing as she was passing when I was having a go. She’s mean but Uncle Tim didn’t seem to mind. See – PAR TAY Uncle Tim!!! And that’s a gold house party – official!

8.6.6.jpg

Tim: Hi Aunt Wanda.
Wanda: How’s the spare thing going?
Tim: It sucks tbh. I spent all that time learning programming when I wasn’t really bothered about it, all so that George would max it in 5 hours. I feel really used.
Wanda: Why don’t you move out then?
Tim: I don’t know…I can still help with logic… I love my nephews but seeing my life mirrored in Roald. I’m not sure I can take it.

8.6.7.jpg

George: And to celebrate my gold standard first party…I’ll just hack….school grades!
Watcher: But you haven’t been to high school yet. Or even done any homework!
George: Relax, Watcher! I’ll do my homework. There’s still time.

8.6.7a.jpg

Roald: I don’t understand, George. How come you were in the A stream and I was in the B stream? We went in with the same A grades from junior school.
George: Don’t tell Mum & Dad but I hacked my grades. I’d have hacked yours too but I got shut out before I could.
Roald: Isn’t that, like, cheating or something?
George: Sh! Mum’s got ears like a cat! I’ve just taken a bit of a short-cut.
Roald: I don’t know, George….
George: Just be cool, Roald. Hey, the principal’s calling! Why yes, I will take early graduation after only one day of high school!
Roald: Mum’s gonna be mad!
George: What she don't know, won't hurt her.

8.6.7b.jpg

Gus: Happy Birthday, Tim
Tim: Happy Birthday, Gus
Michiko: Oh you boys are too cute!
Gus: Not boys any more, sweetness. We’re full-on adults!
Tim: And I’ve reached the top of my artists career. I’ve been offered a post with a loft apartment in the city. I’m going to take it.
Gus: Wow! That’s a bit out of the blue. I thought you were happy living with us.
Tim: I’m not sure you’ll want me living with you when you find out what I’ve done.
Michiko: What could be that bad?
Tim: You know George asked me to mentor him in programming?
Gus: Yes. I don’t understand the half of what you two were talking about.
Tim: Well I inadvertently let slip how to hack other sites. He used that to hack his school grades. That’s why he got his early graduation.
Michiko: Early graduation? Why is this the first I’m hearing about this? I’m sure he left the house with me this morning.
Tim: He went to Geekcon.
Michiko: Roald? Did you know about this?
Roald: Um….
Michiko: Wait till I see that boy!
Gus: You don’t have to leave, Tim. This is all on the boy. You gave him the tools to do something great and he used them to break the law. I’ll sort him out!
Tim: I’m still going, Gus. It’s time.

8.6.8.jpg

Gus: I can’t believe I’ve finally made it to be Chief! I still need to talk to George about what he’s been up to and I’m not looking forward to that and Michiko's really worked up but right now? I feel great!

8.6.10a.jpg

Gus: George? We need to talk!
George: What about, Dad?
Gus: About you hacking your school grades and then graduating early.
George: Roald! You told!
Roald: Not me, George. I was cool, like you asked me to.
Gus: I’ll talk to you later, Roald. So you admit you hacked your grades?
George: Their security was laughable, Dad. If anything, I helped them by showing up their weaknesses
Gus: So you’ve approached them, admitted the hacking and returned to your studies?
George: As if, Dad!
Gus: This is not some kind of joke, son!
George: And I’m not some suspect in your interrogation room, Dad. I can earn real money doing side jobs. I don’t need no education.
Gus: Right, son. This is how it’s going to be. You’re grounded for the rest of this week, no going out until Prom. You can do your side jobs but there’ll be no more hacking. I’m getting Tim to install a supervisor program on your computer. You will remain on the right side of the law and you will not embarrass me!

8.6.11.jpg

George: Thanks for coming over after school.
Yua: Roald said you wanted to see me?
George: Yeah. I’ve been grounded for no good reason but I really wanted to see you again.
Yua: I’ve missed you at school.
George: Good! I mean, you have?
Yua: What are you doing all day? Are you going to apply to uni?
George: Nah! I’ve got all the skills I need to make a fortune! Wanna be the girlfriend of a millionaire?
Yua: (giggles) Yes, but I’ll settle for you!
George: (thinks about getting engaged)

8.6.12a.jpg

George: I love kissing you!
Yua: That tickles!
George: I love your red hair!
Yua: Is it true that you’re a bad boy?
George: Wanna find out?

Publication1.jpg

Roald: Mum and Dad are pretty….
George: Distracted? Uptight? Old-fashioned?
Roald: Hey! They’re not that bad. They’re a bit messed up over Grandma Willie dying.
George: Yeah! That’s messed us all up. I’ve been trying to jog it off but…
Roald: I like winding down with Classical. It helps a bit. Go easy on Mum and Dad. They’re just worried that you’re…
George: Independent? Having Fun? Coping Dad’s example?
Roald: What’s that supposed to mean?
George: I’ve been searching around the archives. Dad pulled all sorts of pranks when he was our age.
Roald: Never!
George: Him and Uncle Tim were Partners in Crime.
Roald: Well, I didn’t know that…

8.6.17.jpg

George: Side jobs are all very well but this app is going to make my fortune! What’s this? Landgraab Systems…? There seems to be a wide-open back door…let’s just disable that supervisor program….and I’m in!

8.6.18.jpg

Yua: When I called to ask if you’d come on a date with me after school, I wasn’t sure your parents would let you come, you being grounded.
George: Ain’t no mountain high enough to keep me from Yua!
Yua: (giggles) It’s so hot in here!
George: And your hot weather crocheted bucket hat is just so adorable! Will you wear my promise ring?
Yua: Aw – I thought you’d never ask!

8.6.19.jpg

Michiko: Where have you been?
George: Um…
Gus: You were grounded! You’ve broken the rules!
George: So what happens now? Am I double grounded or something?
Michiko: Well, Mr Smart Mouth, we were going to lift the grounding so you could go to the prom tomorrow night but that’s not going to happen.
George: But Yua’s meeting me there!
Gus: Not Going To Happen!
George: I can’t believe this. And after I’ve been practising making drinks for it.
Michiko: Well this Sweet & Spicy and Cream Soda are both lovely, dear but the answer’s still no!
Gus: Actually, these drinks are really poor!
Michiko: Not helping, Gus!
George: I can’t do anything right, can I?!?

8.6.21.jpg

George: Can you believe my parents?
Tim: They’re just looking out for you. The things you’ve been playing with online….they could get you into trouble.
George: Dad’s just worried I’ll embarrass him at work.
Tim: Didn’t they tell you? He’s resigned from the police force and got a career in the entertainment business. That’s where he went off to just now.
George: Oh no! Don’t tell me he’s out there telling his jokes in public! Anyway, look. This is the app I was telling you about. It’s not bringing in much money at the moment but it’s just the start.
Tim: That is cool. Have you thought about setting up a blog to promote it but also monetarise the site?
George: You and me, Uncle Tim! We make a great team. I miss you being here 24-7

8.6.22.jpg

Saturday morning
Michiko: Come on kids! We’re off to Del Sol Valley
George: I thought I was grounded.
Michiko: Special circumstances. Your Dad got promoted into the comedian side of the entertainment business and that’s got him an invite to an open mic session at one of the clubs.
Roald: On a Saturday morning?
Michiko: It’s a start, right? Look – it’s always been your Dad’s dream to be a stand-up comedian so we’re going to support him. I expect your co-operation in this. It’s non-negotiable.

8.6.23.jpg

George: OK, he wasn’t bad!
Michiko: He was great. Remember, when he asks, he was GREAT!
Roald: Right mum. He was great.
George: Can we get some friends to join us and, you know, celebrate?
Michiko: No, George, it’s time to head home. Remember, you’re still grounded.
George: That’s so unfair! Alright, alright! I’m going.
Gus: Phew – I think I need to work on some of those routines but they’re getting there. I'm glad the family came to support me but I wish things were easier at home. Maybe I could use that situation as material for a sketch. They say to write about what you know. Although I’m not sure how well I know George these days.

8.6.24.jpg

Completed:
Generation 1 – Mint – Elphie - dec
Generation 2 – Rose – Tina - dec
Generation 3 – Yellow – Zara - dec
Generation 4 – Grey – Michaela – dec
Generation 5 – Plum – Rowland – dec – completed week 25
Generation 6 – Orange – Oona Luna – Elder – completed week 31
Generation 7 – Pink – Wilhelmina (Willie) – dec – completed week 34
Generation 8 – Peach – Augustus (Gus) – Adult – completed week 40
Traits: Goofball, Foodie, Lazy
Joke Star 4/4
Detective Career 10/10
Marry a co-worker: Michiko
Maxed Skills: Piano; Gourmet Cooking; Baking; Cooking; Logic; Comedy
Live in world other than the one he was raised in – Tartosa

In Progress – week 40, Year 3, Summer
Generation 9 – Green – George – teen: Geek, Cheerful
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

L-to-R: George, Michiko, Gus, Roald
8.6.25.jpg

Notes
And so we complete the Gen 8 - Peach requirements. I enjoy playing the Detective career although I think solving cases becomes too easy once you've got the hang of it. Gus actually solved the required 6 cases while he was still at career level 6, polishing off 1 in 1 active work day.

I didn’t intend for George’s relationship with his parents to develop the way it has. Events just seemed to take it there. I've ended this episode before prom on the Saturday (I normally go up to midnight) but I needed a breather before working out what George wants to do about Prom!

Willie’s demise puts paid to my hopes for her to “enjoy” the Autumnal piles of leaves with Dexter. I could see if her ghost is there….Ah well. Such is life (& death) in the Sims.

Title Pun: What did the pastry chef say to his unsupportive father?
“Doughnut hole me back.”

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 8.6: Doughnut Hole Me Back
« Reply #186 on: November 26, 2022, 09:59:14 AM »
A lovely update!  And speaking of lovely...Yua!!  What a fantastic match for George! 
The "but I'll settle for you," and, "Ain't no mountain high enough to keep me from Yua" lines were just excellent!
I'm super excited to see the eventual George and Yua boos!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 8.6: Doughnut Hole Me Back
« Reply #187 on: November 26, 2022, 10:57:22 AM »
Congratulations to Gus on completing his remaining requirements in a single week!
I laughed when Foodie Gus couldn't resist trashing the drinks his son mixed, haha.

Yes, Yua is lovely! I'm glad that George found such a lovely girl with whom to build a future!
What a shock, though, to see Willie and Wanda as elders and then to have Willie pass away before her final autumnal woohoo!
Looking forward to Gus's Prom Night and what his future holds!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 9.1: We Are Family
« Reply #188 on: November 27, 2022, 10:15:14 AM »
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 9.1: We Are Family

Saturday lunchtime
Roald: I can’t believe you’re doing this!
George: I can’t stay any longer. I know I can make my way in the tech world but Mum & Dad just won’t see that.
Roald: Where will you go?
George: Best you don’t know. Then you won’t have anything to hide.
Roald: I’ll miss you, brother!
George: Right back atcha!

9.1.1.jpg

Tim: George? What are you doing here?
George: Never mind that. Whose baby is this?
Tim: He’s my baby – Kerry. I’ve adopted him.
George: Well that’s unexpected!
Watcher: You’re telling me! He only moved out a few days ago!

9.1.2.jpg

Tim: It’s OK, Gus, he’s here at my flat in the Arts District….I didn’t want you to worry. No I don’t mind. I’ll make sure he keeps his nose clean and lay down some house rules. I bet he’ll be home before the end of the week.

9.1.3.jpg

Tim: What have you done to your hair?
George: I like green.
Tim: Um, right. Well, here’s the thing. I’ve got this spare room you can use. I’ll need you to contribute to the rent and bills. Do your share of the chores and, I’m still working so I’ll need you to mind Kerry for me while I’m there.
George: Great! I knew you’d understand, Uncle Tim.
Tim: Oh and no wild parties! This needs to be a safe home for Kerry.

9.1.4.jpg

George: Thanks for coming over. No-one’s invited us to a pre-prom gathering. I was looking forward to it.
Yua: I’m not sure people remember if you’ve graduated. Are you sure this is what you want? Living in the city?
George: It’s the only option at the moment but I’m working on it.
Yua: You could always go home?
George: Nope! They don’t understand me. I’m better off here. Look, it’s a long way for you to come to visit. Let me give you a spare key so you’ll know you can always get in.
Yua: Are you sure that’s OK with your uncle?
George: Yeah. Uncle Tim’s cool!

9.1.5.jpg

George: I’m so sorry Red, I don’t know what happened.
Yua: I was really looking forward to prom but when we travelled to the auditorium, it was empty!
George: I know I pressed the right reply button!
Watcher: At least, I’m fairly confident I did!
George: Maybe it’s because I’ve just moved…anyway, lets put on our formal wear and have fun here at the funfair.
Yua: Anywhere with you, George.
George: And you might as well sleep over at mine, too.
Yua: Oo a sleepover! What fun!

9.1.7.jpg

Tim: Oh – this? This isn’t part of the deal.
George: Sh, Uncle Tim. She’s really tired!

9.1.8.jpg

Tim: Happy Birthday, Kerry. I’m going to give you my full love and attention. Everything I never got.
Watcher: Quit your whinging! Your life was great! You grew up in a beautiful location, got to the top of your career and now you’ve got plenty of money to live where you like! Always Watched
Tim: But never in the spotlight!
Kerry: Babble

9.1.10.jpg

George: Yay! Happy Birthday to me!
Tim: What’s going on?
George: It’s my birthday!
Tim: I said no wild parties!
George: It’s mainly family. Look, even the entertainer they sent is GGG Granny Michaela’s ghost!
Kerry: Ghost?
Tim: Oh this is not happening!
Yua: Happy Birthday to me too!
George: Whoop! Whoop! A gold standard birthday party!

9.1.11.jpg

The next day
Watcher: Good morning, Yua. I see you slept over again last night.
Yua: It was really late by the time everyone left. Excuse me. I just need to go to the bathroom.
Watcher: I’ll follow you in.
Yua: No you don’t. Just wait outside!
Watcher: That’s OK. The loo is right next to the wall.

9.1.12.jpg

Yua: I’m pregnant!
George: How did that happen?
Yua: Well, you know it was late, and you mixed all those cocktails for us?
George: Oh!
Yua: Yes! What are we going to do?
George: Look, don’t tell Uncle Tim, right?. I got the impression he wasn’t that cool with yesterday’s party.
Yua: But I can’t do this on my own.
George: Move in here! Then you’ll be here where I can look after you and whoever comes along!
Yua: But your uncle?
George: He doesn’t need to know. Just help out around the place and with Kerry – that’ll be good practise for us both – and he’ll get used to the idea…

9.1.13.jpg

George: I really need to find some treasure and this is where I’m going to dig! The Lothario Trust! That should be good for a bundle of cash!
George: Yes! That was too easy!
George (answering mobile): What? I don’t know what you’re talking about (hangs up)
George (blocking caller): Seems like I’ve rattled a few cages. Time to lay low.
George (answering door): Oh!

9.1.14.jpg

Yua: George? Where are you? What? You’ve got a job? But…
Tim: She looks….No! She can’t be! They wouldn’t be that….

9.1.15.jpg

George: So you’re my adopted brother?
Joey: Yep! Our Mum was feeling a bit low and decided to adopt me!
George: I’ve only been gone a few days!
Joey: And yet, you’re so easy to replace!
George: Harsh!
Joey: But true.

9.1.17.jpg

Tim: So when’s the baby due?
Yua: I’m glad you asked. A couple of days, I should think.
Tim: What? I was only joking – pretending you looked fat enough to be pregnant. But you really are?
Yua: Yes. And George says we can bring the baby up with Kerry and everything will be great!

9.1.18.jpg

Tim: OK, you two, let’s have a family meeting.
George: Yua says you know about the baby.
Tim: I do and…
Yua: I can carry on looking after Kerry while you work and the new baby won’t be any trouble!
Tim: Look guys, you’re about to become parents. You need to stop messing about and start thinking about your child.
George: I’ve got a job!
Tim: Only because you got caught hacking. You’re lucky that your skills impressed them enough to hire you rather than throwing you in jail!
Yua: What are you saying?
Tim: I didn’t move out of being Gus’s support in order to become your support system. I’ve talked to George’s parents. We’ve bought you a derelict plot in the Spice District. There’s funding to put in a small house.
George: How small?
Tim: Tiny! But there’ll be room for you two and the baby. If you want a bigger family, there’s enough land to expand on but you’ll have to find the money for that yourselves.
George: But…
Yua: It’s fine, George. In fact, it’s more than fine. It sounds perfect. Thank you so much!

9.1.19.jpg

George: The family say we’ve got to settle down so, will you?
Yua: Will I what?
George: Will you marry me?
Yua: Oh yes! I’d love to, my own sweet millionaire!
George: One day, Red, one day soon! We’ll have a dinner party on Saturday to announce the engagement.

9.1.21.jpg

Yua: This house that they’ve built for us is perfect. They say it was designed for the original Mint generation of this family but its perfect for green George with just a few orange things for my favourite colour. Mind you, I want to be an Eco-Innovator so I’m Green in a different way. Just as well really. The air here is terrible. I’m putting solar panels and wind turbines on the roof. It’s funny how George has managed to get all the money we need. I wonder how he did it…

9.1.22.jpg

George: Thanks for coming, Uncle Tim. I didn’t know if you’d be able to get a babysitter.
Tim: Well, I’ve never been to a Keg party. Where’s the keg?
George: In the back yard. Roald’s agreed to do a keg stand with me in a mo.
Tim: Making the most of your last child-free days, I see.
George: Every opportunity, every single one!

9.1.23.jpg

And then parenthood hit – the adorable Dorothy was born with her mother’s perfect red hair colour!

Dorothy.jpg

George: But it wasn’t the end of our party days. I was at work but Yua threw a toddler playdate with Uncle Tim and Kerry. Aren’t they cute!
Yua: Your mum showed up at the play park too. I’d swear she was pregnant!
George: No! She’s only just adopted that Joey!

playdate.jpg

Saturday lunchtime
George: Thanks for coming to our Engagement Dinner, Mum.
Michiko: We-ell
George: Let me serve you with some tea that I’ve brewed especially for you.
Michiko: Oh son! I do love you, really I do!
George: Yua said she saw you the other day.
Michiko: Ah yes! Looking like a whale., I expect It was an uncomfortable pregnancy. I’m glad it’s over. Ivan was born early this morning.

9.1.32.jpg

Yua: Michiko? Gus is doing a toast and then would you make one?
Michiko: Yes dear, I think I can. Hic.
Yua (to self): Maybe that’s not a good idea. Gus’ toast will be entertaining but who knows what Michiko will say. She’s already had a few.
Michiko: I jus’ wanna to say that George, the one who likes green, you know. 'Course you know, he ‘vited you all. Anyway, where was I? I love my Georgie, no matter wha’ anybody says. I love my Timmy. I love my Joey an’ my baby Ivan – he was surprise! Shhhh! Don’ tell anyone. I love all my boys and I love everybody! And everybody loves you, you, Yua! And if they don’t, they should. She’s a lovely girl! Lovely girl! A bit clumsy but who isn’t? Me! ’m not clumsy. To you, you Yua! An’ George! Where is that boy?
Everybody: To you you Yua and George!
Yua: Thanks?

9.1.33.jpg

Completed:

In Progress – week 41, Year 3, Autumn
Generation 9 – Green – George – teen: Geek, Cheerful

Generation 10 – Blue – Dorothy – toddler: Silly

L-to-R: Yua holding Dorothy, George
Screenshot 2022-11-27 131724.jpg

Notes
Just to let you know that yesterday, to celebrate the end of Gus’s doughnut/peach era, I treated myself to a Ferrero Roche doughnut! Oh my, it was wonderful!

Screenshot 2022-11-27 145122.jpg

As previously discussed on this thread, George’s third trait should have been Squeamish but is Party Animal. It wasn’t available when the NSB challenge was created but fits well with the requirement for him to accept every invitation.

George & Yua’s new home is on the Old Salt House Lot in the Spice District. The house is Mintgen Tiny Home by iSere90

Dorothy is named for the main character in Wizard of Oz. She had to be in here somewhere and Judy Garland wore an iconic blue dress to play her in the film.

The wedding events other than the actual ceremony don’t have gold awards but I’m aiming to complete at least 4 goals for each one.  Having maxed both Video Gaming and Programming as a teen, George is storming through his career by alternating Negotiate Bonus and using the wishing well.

The Gen 9 titles will be Disco classics to fit with George’s Party theme: “We Are Family” from Sister Sledge

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 9.1: We Are Family
« Reply #189 on: November 27, 2022, 12:59:05 PM »
Your celebratory doughnut looks divine and very well-deserved, Watcher!
Wow, you play so quickly! Congrats on the birth of your 10th-generation heir!
Now that you're nearing the end of your NSB, I imagine you're feeling impatient to return to your Apocalypse Challenge.

At the end of the chapter, you listed George as a teen but that birthday party at Tim's was his YA birthday, right?
The Party Animal seems the perfect fit for how George is living his life.
Poor Michiko. NSS is wreaking havoc with her household size!
Glad you've made peace with the Wishing Well, Watcher! ;)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #190 on: November 27, 2022, 02:09:59 PM »
Your celebratory doughnut looks divine and very well-deserved, Watcher!
Wow, you play so quickly! Congrats on the birth of your 10th-generation heir!
Now that you're nearing the end of your NSB, I imagine you're feeling impatient to return to your Apocalypse Challenge.

At the end of the chapter, you listed George as a teen but that birthday party at Tim's was his YA birthday, right?
The Party Animal seems the perfect fit for how George is living his life.
Poor Michiko. NSS is wreaking havoc with her household size!
Glad you've made peace with the Wishing Well, Watcher! ;)
Oops - you're right. George is a YA.
Yes, I am looking forward to continuing the Apocalypse Challenge. But gen 10 baby Dorothy is shaping up to be fun xx

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #191 on: November 27, 2022, 11:03:01 PM »

I love Joey throwing shade at George: such moxie for a little kid! Welcome Dorothy - how nice that she got that gorgeous red hair.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #192 on: November 28, 2022, 06:55:33 AM »
Dorothy is just lovely!!  She really turned out to be a mini-me of Yua!
Uncle Tim handled the handful that George was wonderfully and I'm glad Yua was there to appreciate it.  Shame o you, George, for not being more grateful!
A lovely update all around  :=)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 9.2: Night Fever
« Reply #193 on: November 29, 2022, 07:23:28 AM »
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 9.2: Night Fever

George: Happy Birthday, Dorothy. I hope you’re enjoying your party. Mum & me both took the day off work to celebrate with you. We even invited my cheeky adopted brother Joey over to play with you!
Dorothy: Thanks Dad.

9.2.1.jpg

Dorothy: Hey Joey? Let’s get to know each other better!
Joey: As long as you remember I’m your uncle!
Dorothy: If we take a photo, we can show people what we both look like!
Joey: I’m way cooler than you.
Dorothy: But it’s me wearing an ice-blue dress. Hey! Don’t crease it. It’s new and I want it to stay perfect!
Joey: OK OK. Don’t have a cow about it!

9.2.2.jpg

George: Listen guys, I’ve got to go to work – such a drag! Can you two help look after Dorothy?
Tim: Really? I’ve got my own kids to look after, you know!
George: Another one?
Tim: Yes. A girl this time, Elsa!
George: Oh Brother!
Roald: Yes?
George: No – I meant – never mind! Anyway I’ve got to swing by your house as well. Mum’s invited me over to meet our baby brother, Ivan.
Roald (shudders): Ew, babies! I’d rather be here with children. Dorothy is potty trained, isn’t she?
Dorothy: I’m right here, you know!

9.2.3.jpg

Dorothy: Thanks for showing me how to get these blue hair tints, Uncle Roald.
Roald: You’re welcome. I didn’t think your Mum would go for it but she said it’s best to let you choose your own style.
Dorothy: What’s that star called?
Roald: That’s Betelgeuse.
Dorothy: Beetle Juice? That’s a weird name.
Roald: That’s how you say it, but…never mind. It’s part of the Orion constellation.
Dorothy: Cool.

9.2.5.jpg

George: Yes! Top of the food chain! King of the hill! No one can tell me what to do now!

9.2.5a.jpg

Gus: Hey George, I know it’s a work day but did you want to join me at GeekCon?
George: Of course! I’ll be there in a mo….
Gus: What did your boss say when you rang in?
George: I didn’t! I’m their supreme gamer. I don’t need to ask time off to be at GeekCon! It’s a given.
Gus: Oh – that’s handy.

9.2.6.jpg

Dorothy: I was surprised when Dad said to join him here after school but it’s great being able to get photos with all the cosplayers.

9.2.7.jpg

George: And now for the lean…..nailed it!
Tim: This is a great Bachelor party. I like your new hairstyle – it suits you.
George: Yua’s idea. Another round!
Roald: And we’re celebrating your promotion as well!
Tim: Is that your phone going?
George: It’s my boss again! She’s been ringing all day.
Roald: Shouldn’t you answer it?
George: Nope! It can cool off in this ice-bucket! Whoop Whoop!

9.2.8.jpg

George: Wha’s goin’ on here? You some kinda perv? Hangin outside ma house?
Salvador: I’m just on my way home.
George: Puttem up!
Sara: Hey, what did I do?
George: Look like trouble to me! Hey! Whacho lookin’ at?

9.2.9.jpg9.2.11a.jpg

Dorothy: Where’s Dad?
Yua: He’s out celebrating his last day of bachelorhood! He’ll be back soon. I think I’ll go to bed now too!

9.2.13.jpg

George: Seen off those trouble makers. Wha’s in here, hic? Wowwww! Issa liddle ball with snow innit. How they get all tha’ snow in tha’ liddle ball?

9.2.12.jpg

George: Boss? Why should I know wha’ time it is? Am jus’ returnin’ your call. Well if you don’ wanna talk to me, why did you call? Yes, am drunk! Bachelor party but no stripper showed up. You free now? Nah – I mean I’d pay, obve…obva…obviously! Hic Wha? I need to lie down. My head’s spinning.

9.2.15.jpg

Yua: You were really late back last night! Are you going to be OK for the wedding?
George: Let me just get some breakfast inside me. My head….!

9.2.16.jpg

Yua: Our wedding went without a hitch! Dorothy was the ring bearer and George’s mum as the Sim of Honour – pregnant again. George looked a bit sheepish coming down the aisle but I thought he was still a bit hungover. His brother turned up in a dress with padding – it’s not something we knew about previously but he seemed happy…

9.2.18.jpg

Yua: George’s dad, Gus, gave a brilliant speech as the officiant although George looked a bit distracted.

9.2.21.jpg

Yua: Dorothy took some lovely photos of us. She’s really shaping up to be a great photographer.

9.2.24.jpg

Yua: It was while we were cutting the cake that George finally told me what had happened the day before.
George: I was celebrating.
Yua: But you didn’t officially take the day off?
George: I’m the boss now. I don’t need to.
Yua: You’re not the overall boss. You still need to work there.
George: I may have got into a few fights?
Yua: At the club? Did they throw you out?
George: No, later, outside home. There were these people loitering about suspiciously…
Yua: OK, well we’ll just have to see if there’s any repercussions from that. So then you slept on the sofa?
George: Um…I might have drunk-called my boss….at 3am.
Yua: Let me see your phone! There’s a text from her.
George: What does it say?
Yua: YOU’RE FIRED!
George: Maybe put that cake knife down?

9.2.23.jpg

Dorothy: I know it doesn’t seem that long since I had my last birthday but a lot has happened this week, with the wedding and everything. The headline news is that Dad got fired and Mum got offered a new post which she wasn’t going to take because it meant moving to The Old Mill in Port Promise. You know, that really polluted place. With Dad getting fired, I don’t know what for, Mum said she had to take the post and so we moved. Dad acted like nothing had happened and threw me another birthday party. Now I’m a teen…well, you know that line from Frankenstein? “There is something at work in my soul, which I do not understand.” That’s me!

9.2.26.jpg

Dorothy: Granny Michiko came and I got to feel her baby. It was the best bit of the party because basically this house may be really nice but the air stinks and I don’t know anyone here my age and I feel really low all the time. “I run blindly through the madhouse ... And I cannot even pray ... For I have no God.” (Batman: Arkham Asylum - A Serious House on Serious Earth) That’s me too. I've given up Scouts and I'm just going to get through my studies. I don't know why but what's the point of anything else?

9.2.31.jpg

Completed:

In Progress – week 42, Year 3, Autumn
Generation 9 – Green – George – YA completed week 42
Geek, Cheerful, Party Animal

Generation 10 – Blue – Dorothy – teen
Perfectionist, Gloomy

L-to-R: Dorothy, Yua, George
9.2.40.jpg

Notes

I didn’t notice that Roald was in a dress (with padding!) at the reception until I was going through the screen shots. I think it was him, but I’m not sure.

Gloomy Dorothy is embracing her inner/outer goth but I'm hoping she'll be happier when she's made a few friends her own age. Roll on High School!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 9.2: Night Fever
« Reply #194 on: November 29, 2022, 07:48:29 PM »
Dorothy is in such a gloomy phase!  I wasn't sure if that was just the narrative of the character or the writing of a teen with mood swings, but loved the quotes!
And yes, you're 2 for 2 with getting disco hits stuck in my head  ;=)