Author Topic: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) - Complete (Dec 2022)  (Read 49765 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 6.4: Rainbow’s End
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2022, 05:43:17 PM »
Ohhh, too bad about the Needs TLC lot trait.  I remember seeing a mouse hole in Build/Buy mode so I'd thought I could never remove it from an apt but could add it if I wished.
That said, I checked my Neighborhood Maps thread and see there are three different apartments with the Needs TLC lot trait, with 19 Culpepper being the better frunished.
I'll be choosing the Fashion District (Chic Street) since we've already lived in Spice Market and it's more fun if you and I have different stories.

Haha, I'm sooooo ahead of myself right now, but I confess that I love the planning stage. ;p

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2022, 02:04:47 AM »
I think you might be able to add one to an Evergreen apartment. I've just never tried.
Having used the Culpepper flat and the murder one several times, I know where all the issues are so it makes it easy to find them, if not fix them. I'd be really interested to see what happens when you create one. I'm not sure I've seen your Sims living in Evergreen Harbour much.
I was lucky that Oona Luna didn't have any neighbours - the other flats on their floor were empty. Coping with noisy neighbours as well would have pushed her/me over the edge.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2022, 02:11:54 AM »
Actually, I googled the Needs TLC lot trait after our exchange and learned that we can not add the Needs TLC trait ourselves without using a mod (which I don't want to do).
As for Evergreen Harbor, I had two households living there in my abandoned Build-a-City Challenge.
It irked me to no end that my high-quality plants all devolved to Normal because none of the other lots in my sims' neighborhood had a Green footprint, lol.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2022, 10:26:04 AM »

My goodness, Sidney! What a shock. But given that he can't even get Oona LUNA's name out properly, I suppose it's all for the best. That call really was great, though. Is it a bug, do you think? Or a feature? It does sound like it should be a teen only thing.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2022, 12:37:31 PM »

My goodness, Sidney! What a shock. But given that he can't even get Oona LUNA's name out properly, I suppose it's all for the best. That call really was great, though. Is it a bug, do you think? Or a feature? It does sound like it should be a teen only thing.
I don't know. The game seems to have gone from very little autonomous romantic interactions to a lot! Maybe it's just my game...

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 6.5: Oona Luna’s Done
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2022, 12:44:36 PM »
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 6.5: Oona Luna’s Done

Wanda: Hey Willie. Hurry up and then it’s my turn. I can’t wait to grow up!
Willie: It’s harder than it looks. Let me have another go.

6.5.1.jpg

Wanda: Come on. It’s time for another selfie. Let’s take one to drive the men wild!
Willie: I don’t know. Like what?
Wanda: You know – bite your lip or something.
Willie: Can’t I just smile?
Wanda: Willie! Just relax. It’s just a bit of fun! Quick before Mum comes in.
Willie: Where is she anyway?

6.5.2.jpg

Dhruv: Thanks for inviting me round. I found this lump of clay in the lift. Is it yours?
Oona Luna: It might be. Why don’t you mould something new?
Dhruv: Is it getting in hot in here? Why are you biting your finger?
Oona: Go on. You’re so good with your hands. And there’s no-one around to see…

6.5.3.jpg

Dhruv: Oh. Oona Luna! That’s…nice.
Oona Luna: I know you don’t like to be flirty with others around but it’s just the two of us out here in the hall…
Dhruv: You and me?
Oona Luna: Me and you!
Dhruv: Oh yes!

6.5.4.jpg

Oona Luna: Yes! Who’s The Boss? I’m the Boss. What a great birthday gift. I’m moving to the Arts District Penthouse! And, with the girls moving out with Dad, I know just who to call!

6.5.6.jpg

Willie: Are you sure you don’t mind?
Oona Luna: Not at all. Are you sure you want to live here? It’s very dark and damp?
Wanda: We’ve got your old furniture. Pops can do some fixing and we’ll soon be earning good money, just like you!
Oona Luna: You do know that I’m The Boss now?
Willie: Oh Mum! Look we’re both in the business now. We’ll be fine.

6.5.7.jpg

Wanda: Come on Willie! We’re all dressed up for the business. Let’s go!

6.5.8.jpg

Wanda: Well that was short-lived! Willie told me to do what she did and keep my mouth shut but that dirty money had to be handed in. I don’t know why I got sacked. I’d better get another job quick so we can pay the bills this week. It’ll be more fun being in the sports industry.

6.5.9.jpg

Rowland: Hey Oona Luna. Thanks for joining us at the pub.
Oona Luna: This is a far cry from the city bars – very quiet.
Rowland: Um, tell me. How are you with animals these days?

6.5.10.jpg

Oona Luna: Willie? Why didn’t you go to the pub?
Willie: I’m just catching up with my pen pals.
Oona Luna: Wouldn’t you rather talk face-to-face with people?
Willie: It’s easier online. I can craft my words. Did I tell you I’d started writing children’s books?

6.5.11.jpg

Oona Luna: Did I tell you that Dhruv moved in with me?
Willie: Wow. I thought he was unflirty.
Oona Luna: He’s fine as long as no-one’s around and we’ve got that penthouse all to ourselves…

6.5.12.jpg

Willie: Oh um thanks for joining us for Christmas, Elliot.
Elliot: Cool! I met your sister at the pub the other night and she invited me over.
Willie: Um…I hope you like your present.
Elliot: Cool!

6.5.13.jpg

Wanda: I think he likes you.
Willie: Oh I don’t know.
Wanda: Make a move.
Willie: I don’t know how to.
Wanda: Just say something like…

6.5.13a.jpg

Wanda: Mm Pops. This Grand Meal is delicious.
Willie: Yes Pops. Thanks.
Wanda: I’ll help you clear, Pops. Willie why don’t you keep Elliot company while he finishes up.
Rowland: What? I cooked it!
Wanda: Come on, Pops!

6.5.14.jpg

Willie: Um. I was thinking. Um. Well. I was wondering if you…

6.5.15.jpg

Willie: I’m sticking to writing to my pen pals and maybe some books.
Wanda: Write what you feel – it can only help.
Willie: I was wondering about trying my hand at writing Romance novels. Maybe if I learn how to write it, I might get better in real life.
Wanda: It’s worth a shot.

6.5.17.jpg

Rowland: Cary, now we’re both elders, shall we take a selfie together? We’re so different now, you’d never guess we were twins.

6.5.16.jpg

Completed:
Generation 1 – Mint – Elphie Snozzberry - dec
Generation 2 – Rose – Tina Snozzberry - dec
Generation 3 – Yellow – Zara Snozzberry - elder
Generation 4 – Grey – Michaela Snozzberry – elder
Generation 5 – Plum – Rowland Snozzberry – elder – completed week 25
Generation 6 – Orange – Oona Luna Snozzberry – Adult – completed week 31
Traits: Self-Assured, Evil, Glutton
Maxed skills: Baking, Charisma
Children: 1 pair of twins only
Insist on being Criminal Mastermind: at least once every day but I’ve lost count
Live in “need TLC” apartment all young adult life
Aspiration complete: Public Enemy
Max Criminal Career

In Progress
Generation 7 – Pink – Wilhelmina (Willie) Snozzberry
– Young Adult
Traits: Creative, Neat, Unflirty
Aspiration: Best Selling Author 2/4
Skills: Writing 10/10, Wellness 5/10
Postcard collection 9/14
Well-maintained garden
+?

6.5.18.jpg

Notes
Oona Luna and Dhruv’s relationship is still only housemates so hopefully we won’t be getting any further children (Orange gen requirement: 1 pair twins and no other children)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 6.5: Oona Luna’s Done
« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2022, 01:36:34 PM »
Congrats, Oona Luna, on completing all your requirements!
Just my two cents, now that she's done with her Gen6 reqs and no longer living in the active household, it wouldn't matter if she and Dhruv autonomously tried for baby, would it? *coughs

Wait, what was Elliot's deal?  Does her prefer men? Or were they not close enough yet?

I've been scouring your screenshots, trying to figure out where Willie et al. have moved.
Is it Henford-on-Bagley, or am I merely misled by the fencing and The Gnome's Arm? LOL

Best of luck, Willie!

P.S. There's a Pack setting to disable Autonomous NPC Relationships, which I imagine refers to all the BFF requests.
       The weird romantic stuff we're experiencing has to be a glitch from the recent updates.
       The devs might have patched the incestual wants but the weird romantic stuff still persists. UGH       

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2022, 02:31:15 PM »

Grats on finishing Gen 6. Oona Luna's adventures were pretty great, but I'm loving Willie and Wanda, too!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #113 on: August 19, 2022, 02:49:57 PM »
Congrats, Oona Luna, on completing all your requirements!
Just my two cents, now that she's done with her Gen6 reqs and no longer living in the active household, it wouldn't matter if she and Dhruv autonomously tried for baby, would it? *coughs

Wait, what was Elliot's deal?  Does her prefer men? Or were they not close enough yet?

I've been scouring your screenshots, trying to figure out where Willie et al. have moved.
Is it Henford-on-Bagley, or am I merely misled by the fencing and The Gnome's Arm? LOL

Best of luck, Willie!

P.S. There's a Pack setting to disable Autonomous NPC Relationships, which I imagine refers to all the BFF requests.
       The weird romantic stuff we're experiencing has to be a glitch from the recent updates.
       The devs might have patched the incestual wants but the weird romantic stuff still persists. UGH     
I've decided not to worry about it too much if Oona Luna has a little Dhruv-let. I've loved playing her and Dhruv is very sweet. The loft apartment in the Arts district really only has a kitchen, bathroom and a double bed...

Elliot seemed lovely and friendly but poor Willie's "awkward compliment" revealed his sexual preference which is only for men. She's really going to need Wanda to play Wing(wo)man for her! Either that or start adopting cats!

Willie, Wanda & Rowland have moved to the old Watson place in New Henford. I decided that an incurable romantic might want to live in a chocolate-box cottage.

I sort of liked the autonomous stuff but it's got too intrusive so thanks for the tip about turning them off. The BFF requests are definitely glitchy and they're so mad with each other if you turn them down. Sometimes, when I restart my game, I get one request immediately after another, even for Sims that I don't play!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #114 on: August 19, 2022, 02:53:32 PM »

Grats on finishing Gen 6. Oona Luna's adventures were pretty great, but I'm loving Willie and Wanda, too!
I like Wanda trying to pull Willie out of her shell. By the way, I'm wondering if their chins are nearly as pointy as your Faye's? I've never had such pointy-chinned Sims!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2022, 03:58:17 PM »
Lol, Wanda as Willie's wingperson?  Isn't Wanda the one who initially brought Elliot over in the first place?
Good luck Willie in your suit of the perfect romance!
We're all rooting for you!

P.S. I fully support the arrival of any OonaLuna-Dhruv offspring! Everyone knows they'll be gorgeous!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2022, 04:54:17 PM »
Lol, Wanda as Willie's wingperson?  Isn't Wanda the one who initially brought Elliot over in the first place?
Good luck Willie in your suit of the perfect romance!
We're all rooting for you!
I know! Wanda is nearly as misguidedly self-assured as her mother!  ;D

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) On Hold
« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2022, 11:35:44 AM »
Dear patient readers

I'm putting this legacy story temporarily on hold but be assured that I'm saving all my notes in a safe place.
The reasons for this hiatus are two-fold:
1 - We're about to go on holiday to celebrate my significant birthday with my daughters and their other halves plus the person that made me a granny - the original wild child - Little O. She will have very definite ideas about how her granny needs to spend every waking moment and that won't include much simming. There may be time to lurk around the forum.
2 - My birthday present to myself will be to dive into a new Apocalypse Challenge. This will undoubtedly have some false starts before really getting going but the settings will need to be quite different (whims off/extreme weather/etc) so it would get confusing to run them concurrently.

These Sims look similar but not very close to our family group, in case you were wondering.

Screenshot 2022-08-24 084632.jpg

With grateful thanks for all your kind words and attentions
Granny Lawlor

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) On Hold
« Reply #118 on: August 25, 2022, 11:58:56 AM »

Wishing you a very happy birthday! So lovely that you will get to spend it with so many of your loved ones. <3

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) On Hold
« Reply #119 on: August 25, 2022, 02:38:33 PM »
Warmest wishes to you on a wonderful birthday with all your loved ones.
I can fully understand not wanting to play two very different challenges concurrently.  I have never managed that myself, preferring to play one at a time.
In your 1st point, you mention "there may be time to lurk around the forum."
Does this mean you don't plan to write a story for your Apocalypse Challenge for which you've been preparing so diligently?

On the other hand, here's a tip for future reference if you ever want to play challenges with very different settings.
And please note that I'm not trying to have a say in how you spend your free time.   ;D Just some info for your future reference:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Safe travels to you and your family and many hours of discovery and delight with your upcoming Apocalypse Challenge!

anything