Author Topic: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) - Complete (Dec 2022)  (Read 49774 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 5.3: Rowland is Done
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2022, 01:38:04 AM »

It's official: Oona Luna is just the best. She really took high school by storm! Eating while getting her crown, the face paint, all the hi jinks. Just fabulous. <3
I'd like to pretend she's my alter ego but I've never been that interesting,  😂

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 6.2: Rats And Other Vermin
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2022, 09:23:04 AM »
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 6.2: Rats And Other Vermin

Oona Luna: What can I say about this week? Where to start? Oh well, I should probably tell you that I got the offer of graduating early on Monday. Dad was so proud of me but I’m like…it’s not rocket science. A bit too easy if you ask me. Dad wanted me to apply to uni but…nuts to that! I’m ready to grow up and get a job. I told Dad to find us somewhere in the city because that’s the best place to become a Criminal Mastermind. He still doesn’t believe that’s what I’m working on but he did find us a place – Culpepper Apartments in the Spice District – mmm – can you smell those tempting flavours?. Dad says the apartment needs some TLC, whatever that means. He made me a cake (deliche – btw) and I got connected up with the local mob.

6.2.0.jpg

I went out to see what the food traders were selling and bumped into Sidney Price who I’d met just before he graduated. We took a selfie together – even one where I kissed him on the cheek. He didn’t seem to mind. I kissed him on the lips too - to see if he minded that – he didn’t!

6.2.1.jpg

Actually, Sidney was the opposite of minding – wow – I’m officially his girlfriend! I have told him that I’m a Criminal Mastermind but he just laughed it off. Dad invited him to join our family club along with uncle Cary so we would get to see more of them.

6.2.2a.jpg

Well – when I said see more of “them” I meant see more of “him”. I know. I know. Last week I was crushing on some guy called Dhruv and, to be honest, on Monday at school I developed a crush on some girl with the hairiest legs you’ve ever seen. But, you know, I’ve matured since then. And this feels like the real thing.

6.2.3.jpg

A bit too real, it seems. Apparently I’m eating for two. I’m not entirely sure how that happened. Dad does his best but he left out the whole “talk” and Mum? Well, even when she was around she kept mum on the subject. She doesn’t drop by much these days. She’s still got a key though.

6.2.4.jpg

So – first day at work you don’t really want to show up with a baby bump but there’s no disguising it. It was OK though. One of the team needed some help so I rallied the rest of them. They did all the work and I got a sweet promotion. On my first day – with a bun in the oven! A round of applause, I think!

6.2.5.jpg

Harvest Festival morning and I go into a frenzy of baking…mmm…lemon meringue pie!

6.2.7.jpg

Dad made the club a grand breakfast – all the trimmings – and we sat around and were thankful! It was quite nice, actually. All that food…

6.2.10a.jpg

We thought we’d go to a spa in Newcrest as a Harvest treat. I got a massage. The guy said the fertility massage was on offer. I laughed and said – well I can’t get any more pregnant! He didn’t know what to say to that. He also kept quiet when all that Harvest food had the expected result. Better out than in, that’s what I say!

6.2.8.jpg

Back home and I forget to go to work – it’s optional on the holiday – so I ordered a snack. I know chicken tikka pizza isn’t to everyone’s taste but don’t knock it until you’ve tried it!

6.2.11.jpg

The next day, Dad was struggling to fix a water leak but he only made it worse. You’d have thought that a super-handy Dad who can do Insta-repairs would have no trouble! (watcher – that was my thought!) but TLC apparently means Total Lost Cause for any skills. The Super was not thrilled about the botched job.

6.2.13.jpg6.2.14.jpg

Sidney asked to feel the baby. He’s not employed yet. I suggested he should work out what his dream job would be and go for it. He’s going to think about that. I also brought up the topic of marriage. It seemed to make him love me more so I got my hopes up.

6.2.16.jpg

Then THIS! Yep, I went into labour at 9pm. A quick trip to the hospital to give birth and then straight off to work, just after 10pm. The mob doesn’t really do maternity leave, no matter what they say…

6.2.17.jpg

Twins! Twins! Well – thanks Dad for explaining the fertility massage to me – a bit late now! Anyway, I can’t complain. They’re soooo cute, my little girls. Wilhelmina (Willie for short) and Wanda.
A lot happened after I’d given birth and gone to work. Rats appeared by the cots! RATS! Oh my days! Dad obliterated them but I have a feeling they’ll come back.

6.2.18.jpg

That’s not all that happened. Sidney’s dad died. We found out because he was the twins grandfather of course. Dad consoled Sidney as best he could but Sidney said we’d have to put any thoughts of him leaving his mother on hold for now.

6.2.19.jpg

All this probably explains why, when I got back from work (with another promotion btw) and saw the Racoons had gathered for whatever they do in this district, I went for them with a vengeance. I mean, they’re just bigger versions of the rats and I am officially The Muscle now. I took on all 3 of them, multiple times. Well, 5 fights in all. If they’d all ganged up on me, I’d have been done for but I held my own one-to-one.

6.2.20.jpg

Actually, I lost 2 of the fights so I decided to take out my frustrations by trying to get stronger and fitter. I started a new club with my initials OL and invited some others along. What I didn’t appreciate was that the name “Fit OL People” would attract older people. Oh well, they’re here now. Dad will help coach us and we’ll be the fittest OL people around!

6.2.21.jpg

Completed:
Generation 1 – Mint – Elphie Snozzberry - dec
Generation 2 – Rose – Tina Snozzberry - dec
Generation 3 – Yellow – Zara Snozzberry - elder
Generation 4 – Grey – Michaela Snozzberry – Adult
Generation 5 – Plum – Rowland Snozzberry – Adult – completed week 25

In Progress
Generation 6 – Orange – Oona Luna Snozzberry
– Young Adult
Traits: Self-Assured, Evil, Glutton
Maxed skills 2/2: Baking, Charisma
Children: 1 pair of twins
Insist on being Criminal Mastermind: at least once every day but I’ve lost count
Live in “need TLC” apartment all young adult life
Remaining requirements: Public Enemy Aspiration (3/4) & Max Criminal Career (6/10)

Generation 7 – Pink – Wilhelmina (Willie) Snozzberry - nooboo

6.2.22.jpg

Notes
I’m not sure why Rowland is not holding the other twin in the family photo. I’m guessing she’s in the cot(?) between them.
Willie & Wanda are, of course, a reference to Willy Wonka who seems to fit the Pink character best.
With the requirement to live in a TLC apartment, I deliberated trained Rowland into a Nerd Brain but so far that has been no advantage at all. Rats near cots…I’m not sure I can stomach it!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 6.2: Rats And Other Vermin
« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2022, 06:58:06 PM »

Aah-ha! I love Oona Luna fighting the racoons. Very fitting. What a lovely death exercise club for the elders; how considerate of her! I love the insist on criminal mastermind interaction; such fun.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2022, 07:17:25 PM »
I am doing early age-ups when they've achieved Happy Toddler or A's in schools.
Oona Luna's main aspiration can't get past step 1 until she's an adult so she had Live Fast up as a temporary aspiration. I'd like her to finish it but 30+ weeks! Wow! I have seen an invite for my other Sims but the parents gave consent to go so no need to sneak out. Some of her antics were whims from her mischievous/evil nature. If Oona Luna gets offered early graduation, she'll grab it. I'm too impatient with the normal aging. Lol.
I've been moving my heirs out when their parents have completed to keep the household small but commitment-phobe Rowland will be kept around for 'reasons'

I'm thinking of aging up toddlers after maxing all their skills then aging up children after I deem them ready (whatever that entails for the child in question0.
Not sure about early aging of teens yet. I just enjoy playing teens so much!
Also, I do make sure to work on each heir's main aspiration but I'm also skipping around to other aspirations. 
With the new wants/fears system, aspirations (and holidays) are better ways to earn satisfaction.

Don't let me scare you away from the Live Fast aspiration--another simmer got a party invite and snuck out in their 1st week of high school.
Just seems so random, haha.  I will give it a go later but I'm not waiting 30+ weeks (that simmer must've been playing with aging off or on Long lifespan)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2022, 07:20:50 PM »
As for your latest update, Oona Luna had twins with Sidney Price! Wow!
She seems to have inherited her father's love 'em and leave 'em lifestyle, haha.
Congrats on the twins! I'm sure they'll be as lovely as their mother!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2022, 01:47:23 AM »

Aah-ha! I love Oona Luna fighting the racoons. Very fitting. What a lovely death exercise club for the elders; how considerate of her! I love the insist on criminal mastermind interaction; such fun.
I've not interacted with the Racoons before. I  think I've only seen them at night in the Spice district. They just seem to hang around and nap on the bench. I guess they're a bit like the Knight Night event. Their presence was very timely as it meant they didn't clear off as soon as they got offended with Oona Luna, before she could fight them.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2022, 01:55:23 AM »
As for your latest update, Oona Luna had twins with Sidney Price! Wow!
She seems to have inherited her father's love 'em and leave 'em lifestyle, haha.
Congrats on the twins! I'm sure they'll be as lovely as their mother!
All Oona Luna's traits combine to create some risky uninformed behaviour. I have to hold myself back from making her more sensible so that she is true to herself. Note to self: must save her to my gallery!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 6.3: The Spice of Life
« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2022, 12:15:44 PM »
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 6.3: The Spice of Life

Oona Luna: I knew those rats would come back – I was right for once – just my luck to be right when it’s bad news. Plus we got cockroaches. Dad and I do our best. So do Sidney and Uncle Cary when they’re here but sometimes there’s nothing for it but to ring the Landlord. She’s rarely impressed and Dad won’t let me intimidate her.

6.3.1.jpg

Oona Luna: The club is going well. There’s four members apart from me and I think we’re all getting fitter.
Tomi: I think I’ll just sit down here for a rest.
Oona Luna: I wouldn’t if I were you, Aunt Tomi. Did I tell you we get rats?
Tomi: Maybe a lie-down would be a good idea.
Oona Luna: OK, if you must.

6.3.2.jpg

Oona Luna: Wow – that last set of exercises has really given me a good body shape. Just look at these hips!
Koji: Er – Oona?
Oona Luna: I told you – it’s Oona LUNA – the second part is very important.
Grim: Ahem!

6.3.3.jpg

Oona Luna: What? Oh! Aunt Tomi! That’s very upsetting.
Koji: It says here, in this exercise manual, not to exert oneself too much when you’re elderly. Do you and your father really know what you’re doing running this club?
Oona Luna: Well – we didn’t claim to be experts. It’s all in the disclaimer you all signed!
Koji: I think this club is finished.
Oona Luna: I’m very upset – time for some comfort eating.

6.3.5.jpg

Grim: Well, Oona, have you learnt your lesson?
Oona Luna: Oona LUNA!
Grim: If you insist

6.3.6.jpg

Oona Luna: I’m a Criminal Mastermind, you know!
Grim: Give me strength!

6.3.7.jpg

Oona Luna: Would you lend me a large sum?
Grim: What?!?!?! No way!
Oona Luna: No harm in asking. What about a small sum?
Grim: Here’s $500. Pay me back when you can!

6.3.8.jpg

Oona Luna: The twins aged into toddlers very sad about their grandfather, Sidney’s dad. I’m glad they didn’t witness Aunt Tomi’s death too.

6.3.9.jpg

I took over Dad’s bedroom for me and the girls. He doesn’t really sleep anyway and it’s the only room in the apartment that doesn’t have issues.

6.3.10.jpg

Dad’s really good with the girls. He may not be able to stick at a job or a relationship but he’s definitely handy to have around.

6.3.13.jpg6.3.14.jpg

Oona Luna: The girls aged into children on Thursday night and were so tired they went straight to bed and straight off to school in the morning once they’d done their homework. They came home still at a C but they’d had a good day.
Willie: Hey Mum! You ordered pizza to celebrate our first day of school!
Wanda: Ace – I love pizza.
Oona Luna: Er – yes – that’s right. I ordered it to celebrate your first day of school. Welcome home, girls.

6.3.14a.jpg

Oona Luna: You girls just sit there and listen to your Pops reading a story and I’ll just…I’ll just get the table ready…

6.3.14b.jpg

Willie: Come on Wanda. Let’s get something from the Spice Festival outside.
Wanda: Yeah, there wasn’t much pizza to go round…
Willie: Mum was really hungry.
Wanda: Who wants Chicken Tikka Pizza anyway. You know Mum told me she’s a Criminal Mastermind!
Willie: Is that what she was laughing at? What is she like?!?
Wanda: Let’s have some fun at the festival and see who we can meet!
Willie: Let’s take some selfies while we’re here!

6.3.15a.jpg6.3.15b.jpg6.3.15c.jpg

Oona Luna: I don’t know why no-one believes me. I’m level 8 at the Firm now plus I’m officially a Public Enemy. Ah well – one day they’ll all see!

6.3.18.jpg

Completed:

In Progress
Generation 6 – Orange – Oona Luna Snozzberry – Teen
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Generation 7 – Pink – Wilhelmina (Willie) Snozzberry - child

6.3.19.jpg

Notes
Apologies for the walls-down screenshots in this episode. Apartment living does cramp the possible shots.
Tomi Markovic was Rowland’s older half-sister on his father’s side.
The interaction to ask Grim to lend Oona Luna a large or small sum was too hard to resist. She's slightly concerned about the implications of owing Grim even the small amount but no-one that she's asks believes her.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 6.3: The Spice of Life
« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2022, 02:45:13 PM »

Aw, love the twins' selfies - such great poses! Nice to see Oona Luna's "exercise" club was successful!  ;D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2022, 04:47:56 PM »
Wooooo, only two more promotions and Oona Luna will be officially done!
The twins are too cute!
Will the family move, I wonder, to a non-TLC residence after Oona Luna's Adult birthday?
Or will the family stay there until the Gen7 heir is ready to strike out on her own?
Looking forward to finding out what unfolds!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2022, 09:21:49 AM »
Wooooo, only two more promotions and Oona Luna will be officially done!
The twins are too cute!
Will the family move, I wonder, to a non-TLC residence after Oona Luna's Adult birthday?
Or will the family stay there until the Gen7 heir is ready to strike out on her own?
Looking forward to finding out what unfolds!
I'm counting down the days to being done with the TLC flat. Not only do the vermin make my skin crawl but every Sim drops their queue when there's an issue. Argh!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2022, 09:25:13 AM »

Aw, love the twins' selfies - such great poses! Nice to see Oona Luna's "exercise" club was successful!  ;D
Are the selfie poses new? I've only recently seen them but I'm often oblivious to things in plain sight.
Poor Oona Luna. She thinks she knows what she's doing but she never does. I'd never thought of the Self-Assured trait as being negative until now! Lol

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 6.4: Rainbow’s End
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2022, 12:11:12 PM »
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 6.4: Rainbow’s End

Racoon: Hey, aren’t you a little young to be out here on your own?
Willie: I’ve just been across the monkey bars 3 times. I can take care of myself. Besides, my apartments just behind me. My Mum and my Pops would come if I yelled.
Racoon: The apartments behind us? You’re not related to Oona Luna are you?
Willie: She’s my Mum.
Racoon: I’m out of here.
Willie: Hey! Don’t be scared. She’s only joking when she says she’s a Criminal Mastermind.

6.4.1.jpg

Willie: So – we’ve made a snowpal.
Wanda: And it’s ace!
Willie: Yes but there’s still no frogs to find!
Wanda: Maybe they hibernate in the Winter – I’ve heard that’s what they do. Anyway – if we’re to be real Partners in Crime, I’ve got a plan…

6.4.2.jpg

Wanda: That was a-ma-zing!
Willie: A brilliant plan!
Wanda: Why thank you, Miss Willie.
Willie: Don’t mention it, Miss Wanda.
Principal: Girls! A word!
Wanda: o – oh…

6.4.3a.jpg

Willie: Extra homework!
Wanda: I thought we’d got away with it.
Willie: Me too.
Wanda: Hey, good idea to work out here in the hall.
Willie: Yeah – no rats here
Wanda: Or roaches!
Both (shudders): Ew

6.4.4.jpg

Oona Luna: Sidney, I know we’ve been dating for a while now and things are great. I’ve dropped a few hints about marriage but I can’t wait any longer for you to propose. Will you…will you marry me?
Sidney: Oh, er, yes. I think that would be a fine idea. But where would we live? It’s too cramped at Mums with all my siblings.
Oona Luna: I thought you’d move in here. I need to live in the city for my Criminal Mastermind plan.
Sidney: Oh Oona, you are funny!
Oona Luna: Oona LUNA!
Sidney: Yes, sorry. But could we move to a nice apartment?
Oona Luna: I guess that could happen…

6.4.5.jpg

Rowland: I’ve always wanted the chance to make a wedding cake. Oona Luna wants an orange one so that’s what she’ll have. There might just be some purple on it too.

6.4.6.jpg

Watcher: Wow, Wanda! You aged up with style. I’m not sure about the hat but everything else is great!
Wanda: Where’s Willie?
Watcher: We’re just taking a trip into Wardrobe. Back soon!

6.4.7.jpg

Rowland: Sidney? It’s late. You know Oona Luna’s at work.
Sidney: It’s you I wanted to talk to, Rowland.
Rowland: Is everything OK for the wedding on Friday?
Sidney: Well, yes but…
Rowland: You’re not getting cold feet, are you?
Sidney: Not exactly…

6.4.7a.jpg

Oona Luna: Yes! Another promotion! And I’m rocking this hat!

6.4.8.jpg

Willie: That sounds like a video game.
Principal: Nope, no it’s not. Let me tell you about your new school.

6.4.18.jpg

Rowland: Thanks for coming over Nikki. I wasn’t sure who else to talk to. Hey, how come you’re so cold?
Nikki: Everyone’s getting really cold these days, Rowly, even when we’re wearing our cold outfits. I’ll be OK in a bit. What did you want to say?
Rowland: Sidney and Oona Luna are getting married tomorrow.
Nikki: Yes, I got the invite. It would have been nice to get a phone call or visit but…
Rowland: That’s not the problem. Sidney rang while Oona Luna was at work and asked me on a date!
Nikki: A date? Are you sure it wasn’t his Stag Do?
Rowland: Nope. He got all embarrassed when I turned him down.
Nikki: Ha ha! That’s hilarious!
Rowland: What should I tell Oona Luna?
Nikki: Don’t ask me. It’s you that’s dating your daughter’s fiancé!

6.4.10.jpg

Sidney: I like our outfits. Very colourful.
Oona Luna: Rainbows symbolize promises that are never broken and that’s what we’re making today.
Sidney: Oh – I thought – never mind.
Oona Luna: What?
Sidney: Well…

6.4.13.jpg

Oona Luna: I can’t believe you fancy my Dad? Why did you say “yes” when I proposed?
Sidney: I don’t know. It just took me by surprise.
Oona Luna: This relationship is a farce. All this time you’ve just been coming over to be with Dad.
Sidney: And he doesn’t want me anyway!
Oona Luna: Oh for crying out loud! Why would he?! You’re a mess! You’re out! Out of this relationship. Out of our family. Out of my life!
Sidney: What about the girls?
Oona Luna: They’re old enough to decide for themselves. Goodbye!

6.4.14.jpg

Rowland: The wedding’s off, thank goodness!
Willie: Oh Pops! Is Mum OK?
Rowland: She will be.
Willie: What should we do? There’s still time to get to school for our exams…

6.4.15.jpg

Rowland: Perhaps you’d better change first.
Willie: Good plan.
Rowland: I’m glad you went back to your toddler hairstyle. You look amazing.
Willie: It’s quite cool though. I’ll probably change into winter-wear.

6.4.16.jpg

Oona Luna: Well, this can go in the bin. I know I’m a glutton but even I can’t stomach this now. Shame, when Dad did such a good job!

6.4.11.jpg

Wanda: Hey, I can graduate early. Someone called Dhruv called and said I could.
Willie: Me too.
Wanda: What? Even after you kept getting up in the middle of the exams to go clean something?
Willie: I couldn’t help it. Thanks for stopping me. Shall we?
Wanda: What?
Willie: Graduate early?
Wanda: The sooner we start earning proper money, the sooner we can move out of this crummy apartment. Mum’s employer may be called The Firm, but this apartment is crumbling.
Willie: Let’s do it! Hey, didn’t Mum once mention that she had a crush on a Dhruv?
Wanda: Yeah! Something about him being totally unflirty.
Willie: Weird.

6.4.20a.jpg

Completed:

In Progress
Generation 6 – Orange – Oona Luna Snozzberry – Young Adult
Generation 7 – Pink – Wilhelmina (Willie) Snozzberry – teen

Screenshot 2022-08-18 093350.jpg

Notes
I thought I’d let Oona Luna have a happy ending so Sidney approaching her father for a date, after getting engaged, was totally out of the blue. I guess all the current onslaught of odd romances (I've had grandmother's flirting with granddaughters) make the game more challenging but I’m finding them a little tedious tbh. Maybe Oona Luna should invite Dhruv round…

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 6.4: Rainbow’s End
« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2022, 01:23:36 PM »
Oh no, Sidney and Rowland!?
On the plus side, after all these years, Dhruv remains dreamy!  A resounding yes to Oona Loona and Dhruv!  They were just meant to be.

Ugh, a TLC apartment. I'm thinking of waiting until after the Orange heir's YA birthday to move into one.
Maybe move to an apt in Evergreen Harbor since the family has already lived in the Spice District.
Don't mind me, just counting my chickens.  I've just started Gen4, LOL!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 6.4: Rainbow’s End
« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2022, 04:39:32 PM »
Oh no, Sidney and Rowland!?
On the plus side, after all these years, Dhruv remains dreamy!  A resounding yes to Oona Loona and Dhruv!  They were just meant to be.

Ugh, a TLC apartment. I'm thinking of waiting until after the Orange heir's YA birthday to move into one.
Maybe move to an apt in Evergreen Harbor since the family has already lived in the Spice District.
Don't mind me, just counting my chickens.  I've just started Gen4, LOL!
It would be interesting to see how the TLC manifests in an apartment that's not designed as one. You probably know all this but all the issues in the San Myshuno ones happen in set places - usually but not always linked to a mousehole, service pipes and fuse box. The roaches and smells don't have an obvious source but always appear in the same spot. Having high handiness doesn't help but fixing the issues does increase handiness skill which doesn't really make sense. The main tip is to not cover the set areas with rugs or furniture as that blocks the ability to spot/fix it.