Author Topic: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) - Complete (Dec 2022)  (Read 49735 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Story Index
Prologue

Generation 1 - Mint - Elphie Snozzberry
2.7.jpg
1.1: At Least It's A Start
1.2: Making Hay
1.3: If I Only Had A Heart
1.4: Think Pink
1.5: Red-Hot Temper
1.6: Fun In The Sun
Tina's Baby Daddy - Have Your Say!

Generation 2 Rose - Tina Snozzberry
2.2.1.jpg
2.1: The Best Laid Plans
2.2: Just The Two Of Us
2.3: Nothing Goes To Plan
2.4: I Will Be Your Mother!
2.5: Nerd Queen

Generation 3 Yellow - Zara Snozzberry
Zara teen.jpg
3.1: I Know What I Want!
3.2: A Wedding And No Funeral
3.3: And Then There Were Five
3.4: It's All Spacey
3.5: Zara's Done

Generation 4 Grey - Michaela Snozzberry
Screenshot 2022-07-28 183736.jpg
4.1: Taking a Chance
4.2: Dead Beat Dad?
4.3: Slow, Slow, Quick, Quick, Slow
4.4: Michaela’s Done

Generation 5 Plum - Rowland Snozzberry
Screenshot 2022-07-30 205622.jpg
5.1: What’s Love Got To Do With It?
5.2: Sleepovers
5.3: Rowland is Done

Generation 6 - Orange - Oona Luna Snozzberry

6.1: Royal Behaviour
6.2: Rats And Other Vermin
6.3: The Spice of Life
6.4: Rainbow's End
6.5: Oona Luna's Done

Generation 7 - Pink - Willie Snozzberry
7.1.11.jpg
7.1: Think Pink
7.2: Dexter's Work In Progress
7.3: Hands On Experience
7.4: Pops Rocks And Rolls
7.5: Your Lips Drop Sweetness

Generation 8 - Peach - Gus Snozzberry
8.2.6.jpg
8.1: Research
8.2: Dough or Doughnut
8.3: A-Dough-Rable
8.4: Anecdoughtal Evidence
8.5: With Jam In
8.6: Doughnut Hole Me Back

Generation 9 - Green - George Snozzberry

9.1: We Are Family
9.2: Night Fever

Generation 10 - Blue - Dorothea Snozzberry
10.6.25.jpg
10.1: Strange And Unusual
10.2: The Secret Diary
10.3: Secrets & Lies
10.4: The Chamber of Horrors
10.5: The Turn of The Screw
10.6: The Isle of Spirits
10.7: Gift of the Spirits
10.8: Volcanic Finale

Final Lot
Admiral's Wreckage, Sulani

Previous Lots
Newcrest
The Old Mill, Port Promise, Evergreen Harbour
The Old Salt House, Spice District, San Myshuno
Thebe Estate - Tartosa
New Henford on Bagley (The Watsons old house)
Arid Ridge - Oasis Springs
Admirals Wreckage - Sulani
Dresden House - Windenberg
Rifugio dei Pirati - Tartosa
Parkshore - Willow Creek
Mid-Nowhere, Windenburg
Waterlock Redoubt, Windenburg
Culpepper Apartments, Spice District, San Myshuno

Extras
Rules & Gameplay Settings

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy): The Prologue
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 06:29:14 AM »
The Prologue

Hello there, people. My name is Elphie Snozzberry.

Elphie Headshot.jpg

There have been at least 2 stories told of me in the public domain. Some say I'm the Wicked Witch of the West and some say I was just misunderstood. Some say my family is a confused crossover between 2 children's fantasy writers.

This may just be another story but it's the one I'm telling.

My true parents were Kiyoshi Ito and Bet Fence from Watcher's 2nd attempt at a Big Dreams dynasty.

Elphie's parents.jpg

I was born in Mt Komorebi outside the dynasty house but then I aged up and got green hair and a green wardrobe to go with my character which is a Jealous, Materialistic Vegetarian. I do not have green skin, contrary to popular opinion.

Elphie wardrobe.jpg

I bought Arid Ridge, the large vacant lot in the Skyward Palms neighbourhood of Oasis Springs, right next to the Caliente's household with their lodger Don Lothario. I'm working my way up from zero funds. After all, who'd give me any money to start out with. I only got the lot because "they" wanted me away from wherever they are.

Arid Ridge.jpg

Who are "they", you ask? Well, just about everyone who's ever known me. But they'd better watch out - I'm going to get to the top of the pile and I've got a few tricks in my bag to get me there.

Notes
Elphie Snozzberry is a clean library clone, exported from my Twist in the Tale dynasty save.
The money cheat was used to get funds to zero after buying the empty Arid Ridge lot.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy): Rules
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2022, 06:29:47 AM »
Rules & Gameplay Settings

I'm following a similar ruleset to those currently being used by @oshizu & @sdhoey but without the mods

Rules
Challenge rules: You can find the rules for this challenge, created by LilSimsie and Alwayssimming, here.
Spreadsheet: This One by Rakshasims.

Gameplay Settings
Lifespan: Normal
Seasons: 28 days
Weather: Thunderstorms/Blizzards off (except in Yukimatsu); Weather affects sims.
Lifestyles: Disabled
Pack settings: Opt-out of Fame; disabled NPC Voting
Starting age: Young Adult
Starting funds: Cheated to zero after buying starting lot Arid Ridge

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy)
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2022, 11:24:01 AM »
Yay, Elphie Snozzberry makes an appearance!
I'm so glad that you're taking the plunge, Watcher.  We shall have great fun together!
Also, you always play verra quickly and will motivate the rest of us Berry-Pickers to keep up.  ;)

Looking forward to Elphie's adventures!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy)
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2022, 01:14:52 PM »
Nice start, yes something different with less rules is always a good idea when we need a break to refresh.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 1.1: At Least It’s A Start
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2022, 02:36:14 PM »
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 1.1: At Least It’s A Start

Elphie: Wow – look at all that great stuff in this store. I have hardly two pennies to rub together but I will one day and then I’ll be able to waltz right in there and buy anything I want. Only the best will do! My new job as a scientist will get me there….in time.

1.1.jpg

I’ve got to start somewhere and fishing is kind of fun. I don’t eat fish though and just sell them. I was hoping for dragonfruit, to be honest. I thought I was bound to catch some here at Magnolia Promenade. I heard someone got 26 here the other day! Maybe they’ve cleared it out.

1.2.jpg

I was going to sell some of the bits I’ve found out digging on this table near the Gallery in the city but this red head – Moira Fyres – got here first. I don’t seem to be having much luck. I bought some lumpia from the food stall which I thought would be like Chinese spring rolls - vegetarian. But no! They're Vietnamese so they've got meat in them! Yuk!

1.3.jpg

Well, Mrs Munch, I think you and your family are a joke. Plus I’ve heard yo mama is a llama! See – that’s assonance for you. And yes, I did just say “ASS”

1.4.jpg

I don’t really care that Mila Munch doesn’t like me, nor my neighbour Katrina. As long as they don’t find out that I don’t have a bed for the night. The sofa in the bar will have to do until I can afford that cut-price tent. I can’t believe it’s come to this. I only want the best but I’m having to settle for the least.

1.5.jpg

Hey Invention Constructor, you don’t judge me. I feel like I can tell you anything. I’ve harvested the plants from the atrium and chatted to my colleagues. Plus I’ve got a load of crystals and metals off them. I’m off to the Hijinks and Humour Festival tonight. I’m gonna join the Pranksters and see how much fun I can have.

1.6.jpg

A few days of work and I’ve finally got a decent indoor loo and a fridge I picked up at a yard sale. All in one small room is a bit weird but I’ve got plans. I try to buy the best I can afford when I really need something.

1.9.jpg

I got some snapdragons grafted to a strawberry in the garden. It’s the Splice of Life.
This? This is Kohei. What do you think? As a boyfriend, I mean. He’s neat and adventurous and a bookworm – natch – as he works in the library. I would like a boyfriend and Kohei seems nicer than Don Lothario who is definitely not boyfriend material. But I’m not sure… Ooh, my 6th brainstorm!

1.10.jpg

Progress

Traits: Vegetarian, Jealous, Materialistic
Aspiration: Chief of Mischief 2
Career: Scientist 3
Master Skills: Mischief 6, Logic 3
Complete elements collection 13/16

Notes

It’s the first time my Sims haven’t been able to get dragonfruit by fishing at Magnolia Promenade but, as it happens, Elphie didn’t have enough money at that point to form a sheltered garden so it didn’t make much odds.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Oh yeah, that Tony Brooks no doubt cleaned out the Magnolia Promenade fishing hole!
Not my Mojito, no sirree! He only planted 8 Dragonfruit in his garden, lol!

Thumbs up to Elphie's choice of Kohei, the librarian boyfriend!
If you don't mind a free-floating roof (without columns), a garden shelter costs nothing, haha.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Oh yeah, that Tony Brooks no doubt cleaned out the Magnolia Promenade fishing hole!
Not my Mojito, no sirree! He only planted 8 Dragonfruit in his garden, lol!

Thumbs up to Elphie's choice of Kohei, the librarian boyfriend!
If you don't mind a free-floating roof (without columns), a garden shelter costs nothing, haha.
I did think I could build a free shelter but I didn't need one because your Founders had nicked all the fruit, lol

Maybe it's worth another fishing trip.  Elphie's spliced plant seems reluctant to bear a dragonfruit. Actually, the strawberry and snapdragon are happy outside in spring but should I have it sheltered to get a dragonfruit?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 1.2: Making Hay
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2022, 06:24:57 AM »
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 1.2: Making Hay

Elphie: I got the the Flea Market just in time to set up on a stall. I had a shout-off with the guy at the next stall but he showed me the ropes and I got a customer at a 300% mark up. Just the one, mind. I think it’s easier just to sell direct from home.

2.1.jpg

I was feeling a bit miffed about my living standards so I went on a drain-clogging spree in Willow Creek. The Goths had got 2 babies up in the attic and one of them was starving to death! It was even weirder at the Pancakes place. Eliza set herself on fire and I had to put it out. She showed up the next day as one of my work colleagues and acted like nothing had happened. Ah well. At least the Lewis-Kim household was straightforward. Their little girl, Olivia, totally ignored my prank.

2.2.jpg

Don’t tell anyone but, with my lot being a Reduce & Recycle place, people use my dumpster to get rid of loads of stuff. Mostly it’s a bit yucky or no use but, fingers crossed, one day I’ll find something awesome.

2.3.jpg

Acting on my readers approval, I asked Kohei out on a date – you know – the librarian? My romance bar with Don Lothario is pretty high but I’m a jealous girl. I can’t have someone with commitment issues. Anyway, Kohei’s a bookworm so I thought the library in Windenburg would put him at ease. I couldn’t be more wrong! You’d think he was Unflirty the way he got embarrassed in public and our relationship tanked. I had to dial it way back a notch and then meet him on the landing where it’s quiet. Can you see him here? Much more relaxed and in the right mood. I asked him to be my boyfriend just after he did that hair-sweeping thing.

2.4.jpg

Well, that was Friday night and this girl’s only got the weekend, what with the long hours at the lab. I asked Kohei out on another date and things went so much better. We played some chess. We did a bit of fishing. Took a selfie. Oh yes! And he accepted my proposal – we’re engaged! Squee!

2.7.jpg

As I’d got my fishing skill up a notch, I thought I’d have another go at Magnolia Promenade. Look – can you see what I’ve caught? Is it a dragonfruit? Is it, PLUMBOBS! It’s a cowberry. I guess that will help complete a Freelance Botanist aspiration but, where are all the dragonfruits?

2.8.jpg

I’m pretty tired and hungry but then I get a notification about the Romance Festival. I know they have some good plants to harvest there so I get a wiggle on. While I’m there, I thought I might as well see what the Love Guru thinks about my current relationship. Can you see he looks worried?

2.9.jpg

So this is what he said! Can you believe it?

2.10.jpg

I note the presence of the wedding arch and make plans, speedy plans. Kohei agrees to join me and is quite happy to have a spontaneous wedding.

2.11.jpg

Reader, I married him. He moved in right away. He was a bit hysterical – through happiness I think. Not because of seeing my poor home. His funds will help me put that right in the morning. But, not to lose the magic, we made good use of the tent.

2.12.jpg

Kohei: Well, I was so happy to see that it was the first time for both of us. We’re definitely made for each other. My Adventurous spirit really liked being in the tent, too. I did get a bit over playful while Elphie slept in the tent. I wasn’t sleepy at all. She’s got some books so I read those and calmed down. I got real excited when Elphie woke up, though. We’re expecting a baby! Isn’t that great?

2.13.jpg

Generation 1 - Mint - Elphie Snozzberry
Traits: Vegetarian, Jealous, Materialistic
Spouse: Kohei Abe
Pregnant

Aspiration: Chief of Mischief 3
Career: Scientist 5
Master Skills: Mischief 7, Logic 4

2.14.jpg

Notes

Kohei’s $20k is a very welcome addition to the household. Once he became Elphie’s boyfriend, her Jealous trait made her miserable if he wasn’t there so a speedy wedding was on the cards. The hysteria was a concern as I don’t have emotional deaths turned off which is why they tried for a baby straight away. I realise that might have tipped him over the edge but actually it just made him very happy!
Kohei comes in with very low-level skills, no job (Librarian is only for NPCs) and the Strangerville aspiration. I’ve changed that to Nerd Brain for now but he might do it later… He’ll be a stay-at-home dad for the next gen. The household income is growing nicely.
The family photo is before his wardrobe makeover - green to tone with Elphie. I'm not a big fan of his facial hair but I do like to leave townies as they are, if not too offensive.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 1.3: If I Only Had A Heart
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2022, 02:03:09 PM »
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 1.3: If I Only Had A Heart

Elphie: Hey Don. Thanks for stopping by.
Don: For you, doll, I’ll come any time.
Elphie: The thing is, I got married.
Don: I don’t see him here – that tent looks cosy…
Elphie: OK Don, that’s so not me. Let’s just be friends, alright?
Don: Sure. No worries. I’ll be off then.

3.1.jpg

Kohei: What are you doing in the dumpster? Is that OK for the baby?
Elphie: Help me make some room in here.
Kohei: Oh you dirty girl!
Elphie: And you love it!
Kohei: As long as I can clean up after!

3.2.jpg

Elphie: Kohei got me this book on parenting. He says I ought to read it. Apparently I can’t assume our child will always ask him about stuff and I need to get up to speed. Crikey, this looks harder than I thought.

3.3.jpg

Elphie: Oh – oh – you don’t look very happy, little one. Hush, hush. That noise is just your Daddy working on his rocket. Looks more like a tin can. Hey! Tina’s a nice name. What do you think?
Tina: Wah!

3.4.jpg

Tina: Pink! Pink! Pink!
Pink Bear: You got me there!

3.5.jpg

Elphie: Isn’t this fun – the Festival of Snow! I need a break after my week at work. I know I was pregnant and a bit distracted but only one promotion this week!
Kohei: You’ll get there. I’m so proud of you.
Tina: Mama! Green Like You!
Elphie: Just checking for veggie food in here…

3.6.jpg

Tina: Whee!
Elphie: Yes! A nice green sledge.

3.7.jpg

Kohei: I know I look wobbly and I fell off at the bottom but I love this. We should come here more often!

3.8.jpg

Generation 1 – Mint – Elphie Snozzberry
Traits: Vegetarian, Jealous, Materialistic - Done
Aspiration: Chief of Mischief - Done
Career: Scientist 6
Master Skills: Mischief 10, Logic 7
Spouse: Kohei

Generation 2 – Rose – Tina Snozzberry
Parents: Elphie & Kohei
Traits: Hot Headed, Snob, Romantic
Aspiration: Serial Romantic
Career: Politician
Have only 1 child
Master Charisma skill
Leave someone at the altar
Get married for the 1st time as an elder

3.9.jpg

Notes

Tina is named for the Tinman from Wizard of Oz – if he only had a heart!

According to the spreadsheet, I’m missing 3 elements but there are only 2 gaps left in the display rack. I’m hoping to get the crystals or metals I need for them either at a table sale or on SIXAM. Maybe I should have got the rocket sooner…

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 1.3: If I Only Had A Heart
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2022, 05:05:19 PM »
Elphie, great job on snagging that elusive librarian and getting started with Tina's journey!
I notice Tina has Kohei's complexion.
I'm enjoying reading about NSB parallel universes.  ;D

Dragonfruit: Since you grafted Strawberry onto Snapdragon, that snapdragon plant can grow unsheltered in spring and fall (its native growing seasons).
                  If you graft a snapdragon onto strawberry, thought, that strawberry plant can only grow unsheltered in spring.
                  When mature and sheltered as needed, both spliced plants will produce Dragonfruit even outside the growing season of Dragonfruit (fall).

Elements: The element display rack doesn't have a space for Xenopetrium, the element obtained from an alien crystal or alien metal.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 1.3: If I Only Had A Heart
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2022, 02:31:29 AM »
Dragonfruit: Since you grafted Strawberry onto Snapdragon, that snapdragon plant can grow unsheltered in spring and fall (its native growing seasons).
                  If you graft a snapdragon onto strawberry, thought, that strawberry plant can only grow unsheltered in spring.
                  When mature and sheltered as needed, both spliced plants will produce Dragonfruit even outside the growing season of Dragonfruit (fall).

Elements: The element display rack doesn't have a space for Xenopetrium, the element obtained from an alien crystal or alien metal.
Aha! That's all good to know for future ref.

This challenge is soooo different to the the Big Dreams. I'd got very used to playing on long and working many dreams at once. Thanks for recommending it.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 1.4: Think Pink
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2022, 12:16:14 PM »
The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 1.4: Think Pink

Elphie: This week at work I still only got one promotion. I worked really hard too! Hardly napped at all! I had to make and test Ghost Goo one day and had to fight the urge to break things.

4.1.jpg

Kohei: We both became adults this week too. Me on Wednesday, and Elphie on Thursday. She still looks great but we both want to start jogging to fight that middle-aged spread.

4.2.jpg

Elphie: Our spliced plants finally do their stuff and we’ve managed to get 7 plants giving us a decent crop. It’ll be amazing in Autumn when they can go in an unsheltered spot. Mind you, the money tree I got is in season all year round. We could just manage with that.

4.3.jpg

Tina: Mama! Read!
Elphie: There was a little girl, and she had a little curl
   Right in the centre of her forehead.
   When she was good, she was very very good,
   But when she was bad, she was horrid.
Tina: Me No Curl Me Good
Elphie: Yes you are!

4.4.jpg

Kohei: This is a lovely place for a date night.
Elphie: Mmm, Sulani is a magical spot
Kohei: Do you think Tina’s getting on OK with the nanny we hired?
Elphie: Shut up and kiss me!

4.5.jpg

Kohei: A dinner party for Tina’s birthday? But she’s only little.
Elphie: We don’t really know any children her age and she wouldn’t enjoy it anyway. She’s so tired after that nanny let her stay up all night!
Kohei: Well the caterer that’s doing this party isn’t much better. She’s too busy with her cross-stitch!

4.6.jpg

Tina: Wow! I’m really red. Red hair, red dress. Mum, Dad – can we have a wardrobe makeover?

4.7.jpg

Elphie: Well we can but we’re also relocating today.
Kohei: More room?
Elphie: More sea! We’re off to Sulani. There’s an old wreck on one of the islands. We’ll get rid of that but keep the vegetation. It’ll be great for stargazing – really dark skies.

4.9.jpg

Tina: It’s amazing where the taxis will take you, all the way from Sulani back to the park at Oasis Springs! You wouldn’t believe it was my birthday only this morning.
This is my new friend Collin. He’s my age and since we all age at the same rate he’ll age up with me. Anyway, how do you like my pink dipped hair? Mum wasn’t sure if school and scouts would be OK with it but I guess we’ll find that out tomorrow.

4.8.jpg

Progress End of Week 4 (Year 1, Spring 4)
Generation 1 – Mint – Elphie Snozzberry

Traits: Vegetarian, Jealous, Materialistic - Done
Aspiration: Chief of Mischief - Done
Career: Scientist 7
Master Skills: Mischief 10, Logic 9
Spouse: Kohei

Generation 2 – Rose – Tina Snozzberry
Parents: Elphie & Kohei
Traits: Hot Headed, Snob, Romantic
Aspiration: Serial Romantic
Career: Politician
Have only 1 child
Master Charisma skill
Leave someone at the altar
Get married for the 1st time as an elder

4.10.jpg

Notes

As soon as Elphie & Kohie aged up, they started getting larger so they’re now on an exercise routine and may do the Bodybuilder aspiration to prolong their elder lives. Elphie also had a new look to suit her maturity.

It was fairly easy to get Tina up to Top-Notch Toddler even with Elphie out all day. The only childhood trait she could have was Hot-Headed – I thought Snob would be available. I’ve certainly come across a few snobbish children in real life!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 1.4: Think Pink
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2022, 02:54:22 PM »

Oh wow, a whole new challenge for you; are you pursuing both at once? Tina is adorable. She'll break a lot of hearts for sure!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Snozzberries (Not So Berry Legacy) 1.4: Think Pink
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2022, 05:25:33 PM »
This challenge is soooo different to the the Big Dreams. I'd got very used to playing on long and working many dreams at once. Thanks for recommending it.
I'm happy to hear you're enjoying it. I'm having fun, too!

Tina is so pretty! It looks like Kiyoshi's eyes are going strong in your lineage!
Has Elphie been going to The Lab every workday?
Also, no Slimify Serum for Elphie & Kohei?

I'm torn over prolonging Mojito & Brytani's lives.
On the one hand, I'd love for them to stay around.
On the other hand, the Yellow (Gen3) heir can't form any close relationships except with their grandparents, until their grandparents pass away.
I think I'm going to restrict that requirement to Mojito, the founder.

Oh, you've gone from Arid Ridge to Admiral's Wreckage!
I'm trying very hard to save my two favorite lots for later, because my lot choices are so predictable.  ;)