Author Topic: Longest you've had a pet live?  (Read 2086 times)

Offline peach

• Llama Wrangler
Longest you've had a pet live?
« on: May 10, 2022, 03:03:11 PM »
I don't play with pets very often, and I'm wondering if it's typical for them to live long past when the Elder life stage ends. The Sims Wiki says the dog lifespan when the game is on normal is 46 days; in my Immortal Dynasty, one of the family's dogs is pushing 70 (I think he was 68 last I played)!

Per the challenge rules, there's been no gourmet pet food, and he hasn't gotten into the Life Fruit or anything else that could be causing it, as far as I'm aware. Is this a glitch? Random fluke? And how long have you seen a pet naturally live to be?

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Re: Longest you've had a pet live?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2022, 09:49:17 PM »
Does one of your Sims in the household have the Animal Expert Lifetime Happiness Points Reward? That can lengthen the age span of all pets they own.

The Sims 3 pets Guide at SimsVIP says, "Some Elder Pets live much longer than expected and sometimes even passed the Life Span counter."

I've not noticed my pets living as long as yours, but I've had Sims on a 'normal' 100-day life span live to be 128, 132, and 134!

Hope your dog continues to live an unexpectedly longer life! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline peach

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Longest you've had a pet live?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 09:17:27 AM »
Does one of your Sims in the household have the Animal Expert Lifetime Happiness Points Reward? That can lengthen the age span of all pets they own.

The Sims 3 pets Guide at SimsVIP says, "Some Elder Pets live much longer than expected and sometimes even passed the Life Span counter."

I've not noticed my pets living as long as yours, but I've had Sims on a 'normal' 100-day life span live to be 128, 132, and 134!

Hope your dog continues to live an unexpectedly longer life! :)

Thanks for the response, Deedee. No, none of my Sims had the Animal Expert reward, but that's good to know for the future!

In the end, I guess he was just a lucky pup. He died shortly after I posted this thread, and was over 70! I had gotten so used to him being around that I was taken aback when Grim came. I've had Sims live a long time before--not quite as long as you've documented, but in the hundred-and-teens range--but never a pet like him.

anything