Author Topic: Bewitched Berries Epilogue: An Embarrassment of...Berries [Completed 14 Mar '23]  (Read 89917 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Bewitched Berries 10.57a: Never Give Up! (3 Mar 2023)
« Reply #435 on: March 04, 2023, 01:18:54 PM »
Congratulations on the triplets. Lots of choice for your next founder but also difficult to choose...Good luck, Watcher :)

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #436 on: March 07, 2023, 01:06:17 AM »
Valedictorian! Go Keanu!
I've never had the dad in the birthing room - I didn't realize you could. Now I know. Now I have to try to get mine in there.
Congrats on the triplets - they are adorable, of course!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #437 on: March 07, 2023, 09:57:34 AM »
Congratulations on the triplets. Lots of choice for your next founder but also difficult to choose...Good luck, Watcher :)

Thank you!  Yesterday, I was thinking of how many toddlers/children I'd be aging up at the end.
I hadn't realized just how many kids my sims made while waiting for Ai to get older. :D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #438 on: March 07, 2023, 10:03:51 AM »
Valedictorian! Go Keanu!
I've never had the dad in the birthing room - I didn't realize you could. Now I know. Now I have to try to get mine in there.
Congrats on the triplets - they are adorable, of course!

The valedictorian thing was very cool!
At one point, both Keanu and Fynn receives notifications that were on the path to become Valedictorians but Fynn only graduated with honors.  Not sure why.
I fleetingly remember something about a valedictorian enjoying "future benefits," and wonder if that means faster promotions and/or higher wages.
*googling that now

About fathers in the delivery room, in my next challenge, I might simply delete the computer in the delivery room.
It's a bit annoying when they follow their spouses into the room then immediately head for the computer.

Edited to add:  I found the info below on Reddit.
Graduated with Honors gives a “great start to career performance” and Valedictorian gives “better career performance and a good looking starter pay.”
So, yeah, a Valedictorian with the Highflier trait would slay their career as a YA.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #439 on: March 07, 2023, 10:20:44 AM »
Useful info on Valedictorian. I assume only one student can be it each week so maybe Fynn would've got it if she'd graduated on a different week.

As a side query...are your non-played teens aging up at all? I've had to age-up all the outside teens I want to bring in to the story and some high-school teens have been there for 3 generations. I've tried repairing my game but not the extreme new game route.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #440 on: March 07, 2023, 11:45:40 AM »
Useful info on Valedictorian. I assume only one student can be it each week so maybe Fynn would've got it if she'd graduated on a different week.

As a side query...are your non-played teens aging up at all? I've had to age-up all the outside teens I want to bring in to the story and some high-school teens have been there for 3 generations. I've tried repairing my game but not the extreme new game route.
At first, I'd planned to age Fynn up on Sunday so she could perhaps be valedictorian the following week.
But then, I decided not to wait, because I'm hoping not to still be playing this NSB by the time Graduation rolls around again, haha.

Just loaded my save and am checking sims who were in high school with Daiq (who is still a teen).
There was a girl who never appeared in my story who Daiq liked and she's now a YA.
So, NPC teens in my game were aging normally while I was playing Fynn's new household and before.
Did you accidentally change your Auto-Aging setting?
Also, I'm not familiar with the Nine Lives rules, but are you playing on Long?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #441 on: March 07, 2023, 12:07:06 PM »

At first, I'd planned to age Fynn up on Sunday so she could perhaps be valedictorian the following week.
But then, I decided not to wait, because I'm hoping not to still be playing this NSB by the time Graduation rolls around again, haha.

Just loaded my save and am checking sims who were in high school with Daiq (who is still a teen).
There was a girl who never appeared in my story who Daiq liked and she's now a YA.
So, NPC teens in my game were aging normally while I was playing Fynn's new household and before.
Did you accidentally change your Auto-Aging setting?
Also, I'm not familiar with the Nine Lives rules, but are you playing on Long?
Not playing on long and I've check the aging is on for everyone so I'm not sure what's happening in my game. Its not a big problem, just a bit odd. Thanks for checking for me  :)

Ooh - you can see the finish line! So excited for you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #442 on: March 07, 2023, 12:23:41 PM »
Went back and double-checked.
Two teens who are now young adults:
*Robin's biological older sister in the Faamoana
*The cute redheaded pizza delivery girl
*Another redhead that Bronson had considered for his surrogacy ploy but she was too young.

Yes, I figured you'd already checked your Auto-Aging settings and lifespan, but I thought I'd just throw it out there.
Sometimes, I change my settings to briefly play-test something in a different save then forget to change back my settings.
I tried googling your issue and found nothing relevant.  Sorry!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Bewitched Berries Finale: Finally!!! (13 Mar 2023)
« Reply #443 on: March 13, 2023, 11:53:57 PM »
Bewitched Berries Finale: Finally!!!

Week 57, Tuesday (1st week of autumn, Y4)
Ai: I hope you don't mind that I recycle our household portrait from earlier this week.
It can be hard to keep track of the names of the many sims who have come and gone.
On the very left is Nez, a Tibetan Mastiff gifted to my Grandpa Taro (Gen8 heir) 20 weeks ago.
Smack dab in the middle are me and my husband Bronson. We've been together since we were teens.
Bronson birthed the twin redheads, Prince & Ella, with Skylar Shelley as his IVF donor.
Next to Prince stands Keanu (whispers: my love child from a one-time fling with Keon Huntington).
Next to Bronson is Daiquiri, the last child born to Bronson and me.

See? I told you our household is complicated! And these are just the sims still at home!

Ai: Now that Fynn's given birth, it's time for me to settle my affairs.
You might think it's too early, but I don't want to wait until the last minute.
Hmmmm, who shall I write first?
I really wanted to invite over my parents, but we've run out of time.

Ella: Since we're the youngest, I thought our parents would spoil us rotten.
But we haven't earned a single scout badge or finished any aspirations.
Why aren't our parents showering us with attention, Prince? Did we do something wrong?

Prince: Yeah, I thought we were Papa's long-awaited redheaded children, but he's hardly around.
I guess it could be worse.
Ella: It could?
Prince: Yeah, both our brothers still don't have sweethearts! All teen Daiq does every day is fish.
Young adult Keanu is single and jobless. I sure don't want to end up like them!

Keanu: You wanna go to Finchwick and grab a beer with me at The Gnome's Arm, Papa?
Bronson: Oh, errr, sorry, son. I've got an errand that needs my attention. Maybe another time.

Keanu: You know, Nez, I was so sure Papa would take me out to celebrate my graduating as Valedictorian.
Ever since that woohoo talk, Papa avoids me like the Plague. 
What did I do to make him turn his back on me?
Nez: …

Keanu: What do you think about that fireman who asked me to be his boyfriend last night, Nez?
Nez: …

Bronson: When Ai told me she was going to write, I thought that had nothing to do with me.
But I guess I was wrong.

Wednesday
Bronson: If you ask me, this has all gone on long enough!

Keanu: Since I'm a Highflier who graduated as a Valedictorian, I join a career for comparison's sake.
Normally, a sim joining the Business career at Level 3 earns $23/hour.
As you can see, I start at $34/hour which is a hefty boost of 47.8%.
I wonder if I'd receive the same wage boost with each promotion?

Bronson: Well, dearest, today we are both Day 5 Elders and the twins have left for school.
What do you think about going out with a bang?
Ai: As long I'm with you, Bronson.
Bronson: Well then, hurry up, slowpoke!

Ai: After our first trip, Bronson's "On Cloud Nine" while I'm feeling "Dangerously Tired."
But I agree when Bronson asks me to woohoo in the rocket ship a second time.

Ai: Now that we've landed, I am feeling exhausted. I can barely walk.
Oh, Grim! You are already here awaiting me!
Grim: Yes, it is your time today, Ai.
Ai: Please tell Bronson that I'm so sor….

Bronson: Come here quickly, Keanu! You must give me the gift box I handed you this morning.
Keanu: Yes, Daiq said you gave him a similar gift box.  What's inside?
Bronson: No time to explain now, Keanu.  Quick, the box!

Bronson: Wait for me, Ai.  I'll be with you soon!

Daiq: Mom and Dad are both gone!? What happened? 
Keanu: Mama expired from overexertion but Papa…Papa…
Daiq: I saw you give him the same gift box he gave me this morning. What was inside?
Keanu: A flower arrangement scented with Death Flower.  *sobs
Daiq: But Papa's not dead yet.  We need to bring him back.

Grim: No, you're wrong. Your parents will be happier together.

Grim: Hey, you!  What the heck do you think you're doing! No way I'm doing a three-fer today!
Daiq: No, it's not like that! Our parents separately gave me some letters this morning.
Two of them are for you, Keanu, so I put them in this box.
I didn't understand then but I believe I should give you these letters now.

Keanu: Oh, this one's from Mama to me! *starts reading

Keanu: And here's another letter in the box from Papa…um, Papa Bronson.

A short while later…
Buddy: Why did you summon us, Keanu?  What's happened?
Keanu: Our parents died together this afternoon.
You knew, didn't you?  That Papa Bronson wasn't my birthparent….why didn't you tell me, Buddy?
Buddy: I'm sorry, Keanu, but it wasn't my secret to share.

Daiq: We haven't met, but I'm Buddy's younger brother.  My name's Daiq.
Last night, Mama gave me something for you, saying I should keep it until after her death.
Keon: Something for me?  What is it?
Daiq: Here. *hands Keon an envelope

Keon: *opens the envelope to find a letter inside

Keon: Um, Keanu, I have some surprising news for you.
Keanu: Mama and Papa Bronson hinted at the secret in the letters they left me.
May I call you "Father"?
Keon: Please call me…Dad.  *gives Keanu a big hug
Keanu: Um, why are you only a day older than I am?
Keon: That would be your family's fault! Your mother and Buddy both gave me Rejuv Potions and…

The End

Progress: End of Week 57

Residence: 2 Olde Mill Lane, Old New Henford (HoB)

Ai (Gen10 heir) - Deceased (death by overexertion)
Traits: Perfectionist, Gloomy, Family Oriented
Children (6): Buddy & Rosetta; Keanu (with Keon); Robin (adopted); Fynn; Daiquiri
Remaining Task
✔️Marry high school sweetheart and stay with them until death

Bronson (Gen10 Spouse) - Deceased (death by flowers)
Children (7): Buddy & Rosetta; Robin (adopted); Fynn; Daiquiri; Ella & Prince (by IVF)
Traits: Animal Enthusiast, Loves the Outdoors, Family Oriented

Notes
Challenge complete!: After much procrastination, I managed to finish the day before the infant update!
Probably due to tomorrow's update, my game was unbelievably laggy and I barely managed to finish this update.
Honestly, apart from the pre-update lag, I've never had such trouble wrapping up a multi-gen challenge before.
I guess I really didn't want Ai and Bronson to die.  *sniffle, sniffle

What's next: Shortly, I hope to post an Epilogue to share teen portraits of the various Gen11 and Gen12 children.

And after that?: And after that, I'll be preparing for a new legacy challenge with GlazeyLady!
I can't wait!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Bewitched Berries Finale: Finally!!! (13 Mar 2023)
« Reply #444 on: March 14, 2023, 02:44:56 AM »
Whoop! Whoop! Whoop! (Throws confetti)
Congratulations not just for completing this wonderful dynasty but for wrapping up all the loose ends in a lovely bow.
Lovely Ai and her childhood sweetheart knew each others faults and loved each other anyway - the mark of true love - in life and death.
Thank you for sharing their story. I've been looking forward to this episode and will keep watch for the epilogue (no pressure)
A brand new dynasty with @GlazeyLady ? You are spoiling us!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #445 on: March 14, 2023, 07:09:56 AM »
Congratulations!!  What a long and hard fought road it was!!  So happy for you and the family that you've completed this, and that Ai went out on her own terms, just as she lived  ;=)
The letters made a really nice ay to bring some closure with a hopeful aspect going forward for the newly reunited family.
Excellent work, and once again, congratulations!  Can't wait to see what challenge you'll take on next!

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
  • Former resident of the cave of lurking-ness
« Reply #446 on: March 14, 2023, 08:18:01 AM »
Congratulations on finishing your not so berry challenge!! It was so much fun to see your approach to the only challenge i’ve completed. Thanks for the story, and i’ll be looking forwards to the epilogue : )
they/he pronouns please!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #447 on: March 14, 2023, 09:16:29 AM »
You've wrapped it all up so well! I know it was sad to see Ai and Bronson go, but it was a lovely thing for you to let them go together. It's kind of a push me, pull you when it comes to ending the dynasty - we look forward to completing them, but it's also kind of sad for it to be done. And speaking of sad, geez, you nearly had me crying with your letters!

I am also looking forward to our next adventure together! My Gen 6 heir completed her Big Dream last night, so I'll have an update about that out over the weekend. She has Gen 7 on the way, just in time for the baby update, and if I can somehow manage to ward off triplets, the next two Gens will not take as long to play as some of the previous ones. (For those who may not know, the Big Dreams Dynasty is an 8-generation dynasty, not a 10.)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #448 on: March 14, 2023, 09:31:50 AM »
Whoop! Whoop! Whoop! (Throws confetti)
Congratulations not just for completing this wonderful dynasty but for wrapping up all the loose ends in a lovely bow.
Lovely Ai and her childhood sweetheart knew each others faults and loved each other anyway - the mark of true love - in life and death.
Thank you for sharing their story. I've been looking forward to this episode and will keep watch for the epilogue (no pressure)
A brand new dynasty with @GlazeyLady ? You are spoiling us!
As you also experienced, Not So Berry is a difficult challenge to find the right ending for. I'd been mulling various possible endings for the weeks.
Despite all my foot-dragging, I did love Ai and Bronson so much.
As for the Epilogue, I plan to start on it today. 
I want to be all done with this challenge before the new pack releases on the 16th, even though I won't be ordering it until next week at the very soonest.
Haha, our next challenge is not a brand-new one, but it is a 10-gen legacy challenge that will be new to us.
How long will it take you to complete your Nine Lives Dynasty?  Feel free to join us, if you wish.  *winks

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #449 on: March 14, 2023, 09:40:55 AM »
Congratulations!!  What a long and hard fought road it was!!  So happy for you and the family that you've completed this, and that Ai went out on her own terms, just as she lived  ;=)
The letters made a really nice ay to bring some closure with a hopeful aspect going forward for the newly reunited family.
Excellent work, and once again, congratulations!  Can't wait to see what challenge you'll take on next!
Thank you for putting up with my daily messages over the past weeks: "Pippin, today is absolutely the day I bring my NSB to a close!"
LOL, it was so hard and I always managed to find some distraction or another to avoid playing my NSB.
Thank you so much for your moral support!

Truthfully, I didn't expect Ai's secret affair to have such a wide-reaching impact on her life but her initial misunderstanding of Keon's "follow-up interview" intentions transformed her.
It was weird, I know, that Keanu's biological father is married to Keanu's half-brother Buddy. 
What can I say?  I couldn't let go of Keon--he is such an attractive sim...
What a relief to be done with this challenge!  But how sad I felt to watch Ai and Bronson pass away. *grabs a tissue
Thanks for joining me on this journey, Pippin!  Looking forward eagerly to Elziveth's infants!!!

anything