Author Topic: Bewitched Berries Epilogue: An Embarrassment of...Berries [Completed 14 Mar '23]  (Read 89903 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Bewitched Berries 10.51x: Wassup, Doc? (15 Jan 2023)
« Reply #390 on: January 16, 2023, 07:53:20 AM »
Hahaha!  I love how you incorporate mini-game reviews into your Watcher updates!  And of course, I also love guest starring in them...even if I offer little more than being "eye candy."   ;=)
Another lovely update, a fantastic review of TPH, a nice find on that hospital setting, and a brilliant solution to Ai's problem!  This update was absolutely 3 stars  ;=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Bewitched Berries 10.51x: Wassup, Doc? (15 Jan 2023)
« Reply #391 on: January 16, 2023, 10:32:44 AM »
I just returned to these forums after a bit of a break, and oh my goodness you’ve gotten so far since I left! Still have to reread and get caught up, but thought i may as well say hi : )
Thank you for dropping by! Last year, I'd made plans to start another challenge around January end, so I was rushing to play and update this NSB with that goal in mind.
But that plan is no longer happening, so I'll be playing the remaining weeks of Gen10 at a more leisurely pace.  Maybe.
Hope you're feeling refreshed after your break!

Are you sure Ai wasn't rushing home to play 2-Point Hospital? Lol. Welcome back to the "real" world of Sims! Another great episode.
As of this very moment, Ai is in her third trimester. So, no, she didn't rush home to play Two-Point Hospital.
She is supposed to be eating strawberries and listening to Pop Music, but she managed to max Dancing while I was looking after the toddlers, haha.
Let's see. What mischief can I get into during Ai's remaining weeks...
By the way, how goes it with your Nine Lives research?

Hahaha!  I love how you incorporate mini-game reviews into your Watcher updates!  And of course, I also love guest starring in them...even if I offer little more than being "eye candy."   ;=)
Another lovely update, a fantastic review of TPH, a nice find on that hospital setting, and a brilliant solution to Ai's problem!  This update was absolutely 3 stars  ;=)
I hope I managed to squeeze a laugh or two out of you. I mean, I found that stethoscope cc and the doctor roles "kinda" fit into Ai's pregnancy issue.
None of the screenshots showed our simselves from the calves down because I later realized "we" were still wearing our Sulani sandals, lol.
Thank you for the three-star review! It makes me tempted to go back to earn my third star for Goldpan...
But no, Ai and Bronson have a fifth child on the way, the toddlers are adorable, and the twins are in high school now. I'm very eager to get back to them!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Bewitched Berries 10.52: The Rumors Are True
« Reply #392 on: January 18, 2023, 01:39:25 AM »
10.52: The Rumors Are True!

Week 52, Sunday (4th week of spring, Y4)
Ai: Not sure you can tell, but I'm in my first trimester!
That's right! From the hospital, I headed straight home and tried for baby with Bronson.
Including my baby bump, we are now a full household!
From the left: Nez, Bronson with Robin (adopted), Buddy, me with Keanu (cough), and Rosetta.

The twins' teen birthday is on Thursday, but they make a compelling argument for aging up early.
As teens, they'd be able to help with gardening, looking after Nez, and keeping the house clean.
Bronson and I agree to let them age up this morning.

Rose: Hey, why do you get the long eyelashes, Buddy?
Buddy: You got the lip gloss, sis! You know Watcher is lazy about makeup!
Ai: Anyway, Buddy is now a music-loving romantic, while Rose is an art-loving animal enthusiast.
Bronson: Our son's a romantic? Do I sense Watcher might be up to no good?
Watcher: Who, me?

Nez: You can tell that Ai is feeling more at peace today!
After all these weeks, she and I finally become companions. I'd thought Rose would beat her to it.
Ai's even taking me on a walk for the first time ever!
Hold on a sec…does Ai know that I know her secret?  Is this all her attempt to silence me?

Rose: Hey, I've decided to become Goal Oriented, Buddy.  What about you?
Buddy: Nah, after-school clubs are too much trouble. I'm aiming to become an Admired Icon!
I've joined the Simfluencer career, though. You're joining it, too, right?

Monday
Bronson: Today's the first day of high school for the twins and of work for Ai.
I have the day off, so I'm on toddler duty.
Keon and Robin will max all their skills today, but we won't age them up until their birthday Saturday.
Ai gives birth tomorrow, so we're going to try to keep our three youngest kids close in age.

Ai: What? You question our future child's paternity? (I gotta pretend to feel insulted…)
You want a paternity test, baby boy?  Let's go to the DNA testing lab!
An hour or so later…
Bronson: Nice! The lab reports that I'm the father of Ai's unborn child.
Ai: (Thank you, Watcher!)

Tuesday
Rose: Buddy and I attended school alone yesterday and became A students.
So, today's our first day of actively attending school.
In my classy Chess Club outfit, I head straight for the principal's office to learn about the school.
The perfect child, I contrast sharply with my himbo hermano in his skimpy tank and skin-tight jeans…

Buddy: Score! A schoolmate is doing the T-Pose Challenge so I can join it for my aspiration!

Ai: Bronson and I both return from work at the same time with our Level 10 promotions.
Bronson immediately resigns from his Floral Designer career.
I'm going to remain a Food Critic awhile longer.

Buddy: After Mama gives birth to a baby girl, I head over to the ThrifTea shop with Rose.
I wouldn't be caught dead there except that I need to list 5 outfits on Trendi for Admired Icon.
Streetwear's currently trending, so I quickly throw together 3 male and 2 female streetwear fits.
The fashion options are hideous.  I wear one to promote it, but its hype drops instead. The heck?

At ThrifTea, I meet Aiden Singletary (left) and Anderson Berry (right).
I guess knee-length shorts over patterned tights is the "in" thing these days?
Not for me, bruh!  Not for me!
Pssst, Rose! Aiden is an outdoor-loving perfectionist.  He's keeper material for sure!

Wednesday
Buddy: Rose and I take the day off from school so I can host a dinner party.
Besides my parents and Rose, I invite some of my new teen friends. It's a gold-medal party!
All that stands between my becoming an Admired Icon is 250 followers on Social Bunny.
Should I be worried? I've been a teen since Sunday and I don't have a single follower yet.

Ai: I'm surprised by a phone call from a sim claiming to be our little Robin's father.
(Does this mean she'll resemble him when she grows older? I hope not!)
Why would the adoption agency give this sim my phone number?
After sharing news of how Robin's been, I don't find that sim among my acquaintances. How very curious.

Buddy: When my dinner party ends, I suddenly receive a pop-up concerning two of my party guests.
Why do I get to choose whether or not Aiden agrees to go to the prom with the goofball bro Caden Ember? 
Total weirdness! For my sister's sake, I choose "No Way.".

Rose: I wasn't planning to go to Prom, but now I feel pressured to invite Aiden.
Awwww, sweet! Aiden asks me to become BFFs. How can I not ask him to be my Prom Date now?

Buddy: In solidarity with sis, I invite my childhood pal, Bethany Talla, to Prom as friends.
But then Caden Ember suddenly pops up again to invite me to Prom.  And not "as friends." WTH?
It's so crazy that I accept his invite, then have to "uninvite" Bethany as my Prom Date.
She feels hurt so I apologize, but it's not like she's my girlfriend or anything.

Thursday
Bronson: I age up our baby girl, Fynn. She has light-blond hair and blue eyes, just like the twins!
Sheesh, it's like my genes don't even matter!
Ai: Our kids may not have your hair or eye color, but you've passed on your gorgeous facial features.
Let's go, Bronson! Fynn needs to be ready to age up along with Keanu and Robin on Saturday!

Buddy: After my first two Trendi listings expired, I'd forgotten about the other three listings.
But remember my Hawtcore outfit? That ugly fit with the purple see-thru shirt and tight, snake-skin pants?
Well, Mortimer Goth makes an offer on that Hawtcore. Vampire Vlad and Venessea Jeong buy the other two.
Ain't nobody care that Trendi be selling my listings to dead folk. *shrugs

Friday
Ai: Our second daughter's named Fynn, which is related to "fini" (French) and "finito" (Italian and Spanish).
We might see a few Gen12 children, but Fynn is the final child for Bronson and I.
Looking ahead, Fynn might be the founder of whatever challenge our Watcher chooses next.
With that in mind, we've gone ahead and changed her eye color to violet.

Nez: Hummph! Why does Rose always arrive everywhere at least a half hour late?
She's constantly late for work, class, and club, so Ai's decided Rose can age up first to help with Ai's Super Parent aspiration.
Yesterday, Rose missed the first hour of her two-hour club meeting while she hung around chatting with Ai.
She won't need a job now, so she might as well quit that club!

As for He-Who-Can-Do-No-Wrong, Buddy has kissed 6 out of 10 sims for his Serial Romantic aspiration but his heart belongs to Caden.
He's also amassed 127 followers out of the 250 he needs to become an Admired Icon.

Saturday
Ai: Fynn is right on track for aging up today with her siblings.
After this make-believe session with Keanu, she'll only need an hour or so with BunBun to max all her skills.
Yay!

Bronson and I help our toddlers with aging up and makeovers only minutes before Prom starts.
All three kids are lovely!
Keanu started out in a non-occult bassinet but, like Fynn, he ages up with pointy ears and a Glimmerstone.
Our adopted daughter Robin remains thoroughly human.

Rose: Why did Buddy and I even bother with Prom?
Buddy's been whizzing through Serial Romantic so he can settle down with Caden, but Caden stands him up!
And my date Aiden? When I return from getting a drink, I find him dancing with another girl.
Then, after I interrupt their dance to talk with him, he leaves Prom.  What am I doing wrong?

Do you think I'm expecting too much from Aiden, considering we don't have a romantic relationship at all?

Aiden and Caden show up around 9:45 and the award ceremony's already started.
Prom is not a total loss, but I decline an invite to an after-party at the pier. I can't deal with Aiden tonight.
Buddy gives Caden a second chance and they head for the Photo Booth.
Seriously, I can't wait to be done with Prom!

Buddy: Why would Caden invite me to the prom then stand me up?
I check his profile to see if he still has a crush on me and he does!
Guess I'll chalk it up to a glitch, cuz I've got my heart set on Caden.

Nez (to himself): I wonder if Buddy missed the memo about Try for Baby being replaced by risky woohoo?

Before the next update, I'll be building the household a new home at last!
Everyone's looking forward to having more indoor space and rooms of their own.

Progress: End of Week 52
Residence: 3 Olde Mill Lane, Old New Henford (HoB)

Ai (Gen10 heir) - YA (5 days to Adult)
Traits: Perfectionist, Gloomy, Family Oriented
Remaining Tasks
Aspiration: Super Parent 3/4
✔️Career: Critic/Food Critic 10/10
Marry high school sweetheart and stay with them until death

The Household
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
*Fitness skill: I don't want Ai and Bronson to max Fitness and extend their lifespan as elders.
  Oddly, Ai gains Fitness skill whenever she cleans the toddler potties.
  Is this the result of one of my mods or is it a recent change?

*Caden Ember's Prom Invites: I don't know why I could decide Aiden's response to Caden's invite.
  We saw Caden's first invite while Buddy was looking at Aiden's profile. Was that first invite actually meant for Buddy?
  Caden did already have a crush on Buddy. I can't tell if Caden is an oddball or my game is glitched.

*Pregnancy Risk: Using Lumpinou's RPO mod, I've set Pregnancy Risk to 15%, which seems realistic.
  I'm not sure I've set this up correctly, but we'll see.

*Ai's lifespan: Our Gen10 heir still has 52 (5 + 33 + 14) days left to live. That's 7-1/2 more weeks.
  I'm not sure how much story I have left for this household, lol.
  Might have to revert back to the original lifespans for adults (24 days) and elders (10 days). MY teen phase will last 14 days.
  Does that feel like cheating to you?

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Bewitched Berries 10.52: The Rumors Are True! (17 Jan 2023)
« Reply #393 on: January 18, 2023, 02:25:23 AM »
Freckles for everyone (except adopted Robin)!
Fynn is definitely founder material. Her looks are really cute. Well done for getting all the toddlers aged up together.
You probably know but getting a drone and live-streaming ups the follower numbers while Buddy gets on with anything except sleeping.
I think you said that the challenge creator suggested adjusting lifespans to speed up and slow down storylines. As I ducked out of telling my Gen 10s life after requirements, I would say - do whatever makes it fun for you.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #394 on: January 18, 2023, 08:41:08 AM »
I owe poor, poor Fynn an apology.  Until you broke down the meaning of her name for us, I was reading it as Flynn.  Yep.  Totally had the wrong name for her.  I blame my dyslexia.  Anyway, she and the other kiddos are absolutely adorable!
Oh, and speaking of all of the kids being adorable, a story-extending idea could be Nez finding ways to get revenge on Aiden for standing up dear, sweet Rose!  Rose is lovely and I actually found the late-to-everything aspect to make her the adorably bumbling sweetheart.  She's a mess, but a mess that we adore.  And yes, Nez needs to extract revenge since my Simself isn't in world to do it  ;=)
Loved seeing that the Watcher advice worked and Ai is scot free from any questions about her alternative choice for parentage  ;=)
Buddy is just a rock star!  He is knocking out aspirations and having all of the success!  Until you made the comment about Fynn (not Flynn) as you potential next founder, I was wondering if you were leaning towards Buddy for that role.
Anyway, it was a lovely update all around and I'm looking forward to seeing how you choose to fill the remaining days before Ai's age up (and I would not look down on you at all for reverting to standard aging for her, just in case you wondered)    :=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #395 on: January 18, 2023, 12:59:14 PM »
Freckles for everyone (except adopted Robin)!
Fynn is definitely founder material. Her looks are really cute. Well done for getting all the toddlers aged up together.
You probably know but getting a drone and live-streaming ups the follower numbers while Buddy gets on with anything except sleeping.
I think you said that the challenge creator suggested adjusting lifespans to speed up and slow down storylines. As I ducked out of telling my Gen 10s life after requirements, I would say - do whatever makes it fun for you.
Thank you! I'm crossing my fingers that Fynn won't disappoint as a teen.  (Note to self: Save her to MyLibrary sometime soon.)
I'd thought that the follower count worked differently for High School Year's Social Bunny/Trendi and for City Life's Social Media career.
Buddy earn his 250+ followers on Social Bunny by Saturday afternoon but I ran out of space for that image. 
He earned them only through Social Bunny and Trendi, which is how I was playing.

Today, I'm thinking that 8 more updates for this challenge is do-able, haha.  I have some ideas for filling that time, but will need a few more.
Perhaps my household will throw me some surprises to work with as well. :D

I owe poor, poor Fynn an apology.  Until you broke down the meaning of her name for us, I was reading it as Flynn.  Yep.  Totally had the wrong name for her.  I blame my dyslexia.  Anyway, she and the other kiddos are absolutely adorable!
Oh, and speaking of all of the kids being adorable, a story-extending idea could be Nez finding ways to get revenge on Aiden for standing up dear, sweet Rose!  Rose is lovely and I actually found the late-to-everything aspect to make her the adorably bumbling sweetheart.  She's a mess, but a mess that we adore.  And yes, Nez needs to extract revenge since my Simself isn't in world to do it  ;=)
Loved seeing that the Watcher advice worked and Ai is scot free from any questions about her alternative choice for parentage  ;=)
Buddy is just a rock star!  He is knocking out aspirations and having all of the success!  Until you made the comment about Fynn (not Flynn) as you potential next founder, I was wondering if you were leaning towards Buddy for that role.
Anyway, it was a lovely update all around and I'm looking forward to seeing how you choose to fill the remaining days before Ai's age up (and I would not look down on you at all for reverting to standard aging for her, just in case you wondered)    :=)
Thank you for leaping to Rose's defense.  I knew you would! She reminds me a lot of Nami looks-wise. 
As for Rose and Aiden, once I've remodeled the house, I'm planning the next story arc to involve Rose, hehehe.
Poor Bronson still feels residual doubt about Keanu's paternity but no longer has the social options to express them.  So, yes, Ai now has only to deal with her own guilt.
I'm repairing my game now but I'll return later with a screenshot of his profile.

Buddy! I love Buddy for being my guinea pig as I fumble through my RPO settings. Buddy worked so hard but I think my pregnancy risk setting is too low.
The RPO mod also has a dating app module and I already created a profile for Buddy, but he's feeling ready to hang up his himbo shoes.  Maybe Keanu? LOL
Also, Bronson's a little bitter about his redhead gene not being passed on. Maybe we need to make space is the household for more attempts?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Bewitched Berries Mini-Update: Our New Home (30 Jan 2023)
« Reply #396 on: January 30, 2023, 03:05:00 PM »
Mini-Update: Our New Home

Watcher: Hey there, how's my favorite sim?
Buddy: Watcher!? Where have you been? Why have you abandoned us?
W: Waiting for your mother to age got boring, so I've been playing Two Point Hospital.
B: It's not enough that I let you wreak havoc with my love life?
I don't have these long eyelashes and skimpy outfits for my health, you know!
W: Sorry, I'm back for now! I'll make it up to you, Buddy! What is your heart's desire?
B: Welcome back! About my heart's desire, lemme think about it!

Sunny: Watcher actually renovated our ridiculously teeny-tiny home before she went MIA. Finally!
To refresh your memory, this is the extremely cramped 64-tile tiny house where we'd previously lived.
Obviously, the fam didn't spend much time together indoors.

Our new, larger home keeps the same basic shape.
Basically, our original home has been extended in every direction.
The upstairs patio looks nice but we never use it.  It's just architectural fluff, I guess.

On the right, there's a living, dining, and kitchen area. Not sure why it's not larger…
On the left, you see the master bedroom (top) and my room (center), with skilling rooms below.
The room below mine will no doubt be converted soon into a…oops, spoiler!

The entire design is nothing Watcher hasn't done before.
Downstairs, there are three more bedrooms with light wells, toilets, and showers.
Once Rose moves out, though, I might take over her room (on the left) and make it bigger.

Here's an extra bonus!
Mama looked through the households in our simverse and identified Robin's biological father.
You remember, the one who phoned Mama to ask how the child she adopted from him was doing.
Anyway, this is Robin's biological family, the Faamoanas, although Robin doesn't know she's adopted yet.
She has her father's complexion and originally shared her mother's black hair.
Let's hope Robin resembles her beautiful mother as she grow up.

Well, that's all for now.  Watcher should be posting a "real update" very soon, like tomorrow or so.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Bewitched Berries Mini-Update: Our New Home (30 Jan 2023)
« Reply #397 on: January 30, 2023, 04:12:54 PM »
As the child of an adoptee, I can't help wondering why Robin was put up for adoption...
Mum's social worker pointed out, there are no happy reasons. Still, Robin had good adoptive parents so all's well that ends well.
Glad you're enjoying your hospital game :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #398 on: January 30, 2023, 04:30:05 PM »
As the child of an adoptee, I can't help wondering why Robin was put up for adoption...
Mum's social worker pointed out, there are no happy reasons. Still, Robin had good adoptive parents so all's well that ends well.
Glad you're enjoying your hospital game :)
MCCC has a feature that allows children and younger who are left without a teen or older guardian to be randomly adopted by an existing houeshold. (I have Neighborhood Stories disabled.)
With the Adoption module of Lumpinou's RPO mod, the adopting sim can choose between two options.
With the cheaper option, the mod picks the adoptee.
For 5,000 simoleons, the adopting sim can peruse a small section of nooboos, toddlers, and children to make their own choice. The children availiable for adoption are no doubt randomly chosen.
The Adoption module would have also allowed Ai to put her love child up for adoption but she never considered that for a moment.

In Robin's case, though, perhaps the parents couldn't afford to raise triplets? So they kept two children and put the third up for adoption.
Perhaps she'll have the chance to meet and ask her parents later. ;)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #399 on: January 31, 2023, 07:11:38 AM »
Wow, this is the first Sims story I've ever seen where an adopted kiddo could find their parents.  Generally, without mod stuff, I think they're jsut randomly generated, right?
Anyway, loved seeing the upgrades/expansion on the house!  It still managed to maintain its cozy charm even when you made it larger, so excellent work on that!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Bewitched Berries 10.53: It's Happening! (31 Jan 2023)
« Reply #400 on: January 31, 2023, 02:29:36 PM »
Wow, this is the first Sims story I've ever seen where an adopted kiddo could find their parents.  Generally, without mod stuff, I think they're jsut randomly generated, right?
Anyway, loved seeing the upgrades/expansion on the house!  It still managed to maintain its cozy charm even when you made it larger, so excellent work on that!
Yes, you're right that the vanilla game randomly generates a random pool of new sims available for adoption.
I hadn't realized the RPO Adoption module was any different until Robin's biological father phoned and I later found him in Manage Households.
Though he phoned Ai, he's not one of her Acquaintances.  I'm definitely going to do something with Robin's story arc. :D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #401 on: January 31, 2023, 02:40:57 PM »
10.53: It's Happening!

Week 53, Sunday (1st week of summer, Y4)
Ai: Here we are with our five children and Nez!
From the left: Robin, Fynn, our eldest Buddy, me & Bronson, Rose, Keanu, and Nez.

We're standing in front of the home of my brother Tristan and his wife Nicola.
If only our new home looked like this! But Watcher went for a single story with basement rooms. *sighs
Buddy: What a coincidence! I met a cougar named Nicola last week at Thriftea.
She even visited me at home while I was testing risky business for Watcher, so we…
Ai: Not a big deal, Buddy. The simverse wouldn't allow that to happen with your aunt, anyway.
Bronson: *gives Ai a side glance

Rose (whispers): Don't tell Buddy but I've figured out how to beat him to the punch three ways!
He already has four character values in range but he's not planning to age up early.
Meanwhile, I've been volunteering to boost my Empathy, so I can age up first.
After completing Mama's Super Parent aspiration, I'll find someone nice and get married.

I mean, I realize that Buddy and I aren't in a race, but I want to be useful to Mama, too!

Bronson: Your Empathy's in range now, Rose. Quick, hurry and age up before it drops.
Hey, great job, Rose! You graduated high school with honors!

An hour later
Ai: Oh, I've completed the Super Parent aspiration! Thanks so much, Rose!
Rose: *preens

Buddy: My boyfriend Caden is such an oddball!
Can you believe he proposed to me in the middle of woohoo?
When I go to respond, I see that he even proposed twice!
We're both still teens living with our parents, but I reply "Of Course!," of course!

Rose: Oh no, Nez! Buddy and Caden just got engaged! But I can still get married first!
I browse the Meet&Mingle profiles and Hina's the only one seeking a serious relationship.
Wish me luck!

Monday
Keon: Good morning, young man.  Are your parents at home? I'd like to speak with your mother.
Buddy: Good morning, sir. My name's Buddy. And you are?
Keon: Oh, excuse me. My name's Keon. I'm a good friend of Ai's from high school.
Buddy: Nobody's home except me until the afternoon. Would you like to come in and wait?
Keon: Uh, no thanks.  Please tell you mother to contact me.

Rose: I did go on one date with Hina Ueda Sunday, but the online dating scene is really not my thing.
Instead, I age up my BFF from high school, Bethany Talla. We've always been close.
Even more so after my brother uninvited her to Prom last Wednesday.  In fact…

Ai; Okay, I'm supposed to be out reviewing a restaurant. What do you need to talk about?
Buddy says we received $4,327 in child support this morning but he doesn't know it's from you.
Keon: You don't even need the money! Your adoption application stated you're a multi-millionaire.
Meanwhile, my wife and I are unemployed with triplets.

Ai: What happened to your Director position at Sim World Agency?
Keon: I felt honor-bound to step down after what happened between you and me
Ai: Have you considered pursuing your dream job?
Keon (exasperated): That was my dream job!

Ai: Fine. Every Monday, after I receive your child support, I'll transfer your funds back.
Also, please don't come around our house. My son Buddy is a very impressionable teen!
Keon: Buddy's your teen son?! That boy could teach Satan a thing or two about temptation.
I mean, Buddy's not my type, but just sayin'…

Tuesday
Rose: My Bethany is an erratic, non-committal goofball.
When I first propose, she angrily swats the ring out of my hands! Then, I realize she's mourning.
After consoling her about the death in her family, I try proposing again. Success!
We elope immediately! I plan to move in with her at Chieftain's Villa in Sulani.

Rose: Hey, Buddy! I need you to age up to young adult so you can be my wife's IVF donor.
Buddy: What? You would rob me of two weeks of my teen innocence and beauty?
Rose: Hah, you're hardly innocent! Simply extend your YA stage 2 weeks with a Potion of Youth later!
Buddy: Couldn't you wait until I age up naturally?  What's the rush?
Rose: You're right, I guess.  Bethany and I shall wait until the end of next week. *sighs

Ai: With all the ongoings of our teens, you might think we're neglecting our youngest three children.
But Bronson and I continue to help them jump through all the hoops of childhood.

Robin (to Fynn): But why do we bother? It's not like what we do really matters!
Fynn:  Sshhh. I think our parents enjoy watching us blossom. It's not a bad thing, y'know?

Wednesday
Nez (in a somber voice): The tides of our legacy household ebb and flow.
Bronson's mother Ava passed away yesterday evening.
Before dawn, Grim comes to guide the rooster Goldwyn to that Big Chicken Coop in the Sky.
A few hours later, Rose quietly moves into the Sulani home of her wife Bethany.

Nez: Bronson and Ai seem to be laboring under the delusion that they are rabbits.
Soon after Rose moves out, they leap to fill the single household opening.
But the latest MCCC and RPO updates aren't playing nice and Ai takes 5 in-game hours to conceive.
Buddy: Well darn! I was thinking I could move Caden into the house!

In the afternoon, Watcher grants Buddy his heart's desire.
He gets a completely new no-himbo wardrobe.
No more revealing outfits for our boy Buddy, no ma'am!

Thursday
Nez: Your sixth child comes into the world on Saturday, Ai.  Why so many?
Ai: I've been such a failure as a wife and mother, Nez, so I feel the need to prove my love and devotion.
Ai: Also, my only child with Keon has his hair color. Why can't at least one of Bronson's kids be a ginger?

Nez: It must be wonderful to live with your mate and brood.
Ai: Oh, Nez. I'm so sorry!

Buddy: Thanks for coming over. My mother asked me to give you this potion and this note.
What's the note say? *tries to peek
Keon: It's a private matter, but thank you for passing it on with the Rejuv potion.
Buddy: Since you're here, you wanna come inside? Have a cold beverage or something?
Keon: I appreciate the invite but no thanks. I need to, uh, go…do something.

Buddy: I wonder what Mama's note said. Anyway, Keon later phones me for a date. Fine!
One gold-medal date with him plus two more with Caden, and I'm now a bonafide Player.
Nez: Um, Buddy, I thought you'd hung up your himbo shoes?
Buddy: An old proverb comes to mind: A leopard can't change its spots.

Ai: Bronson invites the whole family out to Tartosa for my birthday celebration this evening.
Though I've continued aging since my pregnancy, I can't blow out the birthday candles.
Does this mean I won't age up until after I give birth on Saturday?

Friday
My wonderful husband suggests we become Soulmates.
We spend a delightful morning, going on one perfect date after another.
Noooo, no tickling!  Tickling is unfair!

Before work, I get a phone call from school that Robin is absent.
Bronson and I definitely watched all three kids head for the front gate this morning.
We find Robin sitting alone out back at the patio table.  She must've turned around at the last minute.
A half hour late for school yesterday and then a hour late today, Robin has turned into the new Rose!

Well, darn it! I'm all ready to get promoted today when I'm forced home early to age up.
Bronson aged up earlier this week and I finally join him as an Adult today.
I've never taken a good look at my wages before but, wow, I earn $929 an hour.
$4,960 for a 5-hour shift ain't shabby at all!

It's Night on the Town this evening.
First, we swing by the Spice Festival where only Keanu wins bragging rights as Spice Champion!
(Too bad there isn't a Spice Champion t-shirt for kids.)
Then, we enjoy free drinks and desserts at the Sulani Beach Restaurant. Happy birthday, Bronson!

Saturday
Ai: Buddy's decided he wants to become a Virtuous spellcaster like me.
Eh, I meant "Virtuoso," not "Virtuous."  What was I thinking?

Buddy: Sorry, Papa. I have a task to successfully duel 3 different casters.
Bronson: No problem, son. Back in the day, I was your mother's pawn, too.

Bronson: Nez became an elder yesterday.
When we're notified that Sasha's aged up, too, I invite her over.
Time to give them both Age-Down Treats!

Ai: I give birth to a little boy.
Our legacy founder was named Mojito, after the rum-based Cuban cocktail.
So I choose the name of another rum-based Cuban cocktail for our legacy household's last child.
Nez: Well, "last child" unless someone else moves out...
Ai: As I was saying, our son shall be named Daiquiri, but we'll call him Daiq (rhymes with Zach) for short!

Well, that's all for this week! We hope to see you all again soon!
Watcher, make that happen, okay?

Progress: End of Week 53
Residence: 3 Olde Mill Lane, Old New Henford (HoB)

Ai (Gen10 heir) - Adult (22 days to Elder)
Traits: Perfectionist, Gloomy, Family Oriented
Remaining Tasks
✔️Aspiration: Super Parent 4/4
Marry high school sweetheart and stay with them until death

The Household
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
*Caden Ember: This sim is such a nut! What is it about him that makes him so proactive?
  Granted, Caden does have a crush on Buddy.
  But there are other sims with a crush on Buddy who didn't propose. Caden's mid-woohoo double proposal made me laugh.

*Fertility risk: I ended up removing the RPO mod's related Fertility & Protection module.
  After updating both MCCC and RPO, my sims couldn't get pregnant from woohoo or try for baby.
  I'd probably got some setting wrong but can't be bothered to keep trying to fix it.
  Buddy did a little testing for me and I think everything's fine now.

*Bronson & Ai's Adult stage: I don't want to globally shorten the Adult stage.
  Instead, I've added to Bronson and Ai's "Days left to age up" via MCCC.
  Only these two sims will live a 24-day Adult stage instead of the default 33 days.
  For example, Ai had 31/33 days left to Elder, so I changed her age to 11/33 or 22 days to Elder.
  (24-2=22 -> 33-22=11 -> 33-11=22 days to Elder)
  I think I've calculated that right. *coughs

*High school graduation with honors: How did Rose accomplish this?
  I've had a half dozen NSB teens who graduated early after completing the Goal Oriented aspiration.
  On the other hand, Rose didn't complete Goal Oriented because she only reached Chess Club Rank 2.
  Plus she was always at least 30 minutes late to work, school, and club meetings. It's a mystery!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #402 on: February 01, 2023, 04:02:03 AM »
A leopard can't change his shorts either - Buddy kept the same ones in his makeover :)

Lovely update with the family moving along. I'm guessing all sorts of things as to where you're heading with your next challenge.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #403 on: February 01, 2023, 07:44:54 AM »
Hahaha, Rose is amazing!  Robin is being highly complimented as "the new Rose."  Hopefully, she can be late and not max chess club and also graduate with honors  ;=)
Good heavens, those Keon and Buddy interactions were such a great insight into how in sync you and your game are!  Of course Buddy immediately crushes on Keon since the Watcher is enamored with both of them.  Too funny!
Speaking of Keon, the whole rejuv potion thing was just too sweet.  Look at Ai loving her accidental blessing child and trying to make sure he'll have connection with bio dad so he gains more family after he loses her.  That's just wonderful!
An excellent update all around, and I'm certainly looking forward to seeing if Robin can follow in Rose's footsteps  :=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #404 on: February 01, 2023, 12:13:10 PM »
A leopard can't change his shorts either - Buddy kept the same ones in his makeover :)

Lovely update with the family moving along. I'm guessing all sorts of things as to where you're heading with your next challenge.
Haha, I loved your observation that a leopard can't change his shorts.  That should've been the title of the update, LOL!
I considered choosing one of the Gen11 kids to begin my next challenge, but it involves a very different family background plus I can't resist having my kids get the reward traits from toddlering, aspirations, and scouts.  So I will just be patient.  Five more updates perhaps?
I'll probably post the rules of my next challenge in the thread with the other challenge rulesets as my NSB trudges to its end...

Hahaha, Rose is amazing!  Robin is being highly complimented as "the new Rose."  Hopefully, she can be late and not max chess club and also graduate with honors  ;=)
Good heavens, those Keon and Buddy interactions were such a great insight into how in sync you and your game are!  Of course Buddy immediately crushes on Keon since the Watcher is enamored with both of them.  Too funny!
Speaking of Keon, the whole rejuv potion thing was just too sweet.  Look at Ai loving her accidental blessing child and trying to make sure he'll have connection with bio dad so he gains more family after he loses her.  That's just wonderful!
An excellent update all around, and I'm certainly looking forward to seeing if Robin can follow in Rose's footsteps  :=)
Haha, you no doubt find "Rose-like" and "redhead" to be an irresistible combination!

Yes, the Rejuv Potion thing was intended to show Ai thinking past her death to her son Keanu's reunion with his father Keon.
The potion unwittingly placed Buddy and Keon much closer in age.
I was quite surprised that Buddy crushed on Keon, actually, and that Keon reciprocated.
I mean, my first choice had been Keon's brother Skylar but Keon offered the advantage of being married to a sim totally unrelated to the extended Berry bloodline.
Buddy and Keon seem to be desperately trying to remain relevant in my NSB story, LOL!

As for Keanu, Rose, Fynn, they become teens in the next update, whereas I hope nooboo Daiq can end the week as a child despite not living in a tiny home anymore.