Author Topic: Bewitched Berries Epilogue: An Embarrassment of...Berries [Completed 14 Mar '23]  (Read 89970 times)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Bewitched Berries Interlude: Ai's Almost-Perfect Wedding (30 Dec 2022)
« Reply #375 on: December 31, 2022, 08:06:23 AM »
I think you should amend the title.  The "Almost" is unnecessary.  There were no horrid glitches, rice thrown at a cake is quirky but charming, the loiterers blocking the entryway were inconvenient but not game-breaking, and the presence of a illegitimate child didn't create scandal (mostly thanks to Jade's gossiping stopping at Nami).  However, the main thing is that you had a beautiful couple that truly and obviously loved each other and they had an amazing celebration of their love while surrounded by their family.  Absolute win!
And yes, Cindy and Julius added the absolute correct amount of cute to the wedding  :=)
Congrats on such a gloriously successful event Ai's Perfect Wedding!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Bewitched Berries Interlude: Ai's Almost-Perfect Wedding (30 Dec 2022)
« Reply #376 on: December 31, 2022, 01:47:15 PM »
Well done on a successful wedding. If Ai's happy, it counts as success. You were brave starting late afternoon & ambitious timing work/wedding/due-date.

We don't throw rice at weddings in the UK, only paper or flower petal confetti. Most venues don't want it inside and most churches don't want it in the churchyard (multicoloured litter on grandad's grave...) so it's now become something co-ordinated by the photographer in a place of their choosing for that perfect photo-op. A bit of silliness but it makes people smile.

I love the exchanges around Julius' parentage. So much drama over a momentary indiscretion.  Just as well that Ai has found her one true soulmate ;)
Now that you mention my bravery at attempting a late wedding, I realize I could have had Bronson take the day off work to start the wedding earlier, haha.
Ai's classes last 85 minutes each and labor can be postponed for 3 hours, so I figured that I could work Ai's labor around her class schedule.

Thank you sharing your experience with weddings in the UK. I've actually never attended a wedding where rice was thrown.
According to TV and movies (my only exposure to this custom), rice is thrown as the wedded couple leave the wedding venue so I find its inclusion among the sims' ceremony activities confusing.
I shall look for another easy activity to...oh wait, I won't be throwing any more weddings in my NSB.  Probably.

Your comment's final line accompanied by that evil, tongue-in-cheek emoji made me literally laugh out loud.  Thank you for that!

I think you should amend the title.  The "Almost" is unnecessary.  There were no horrid glitches, rice thrown at a cake is quirky but charming, the loiterers blocking the entryway were inconvenient but not game-breaking, and the presence of a illegitimate child didn't create scandal (mostly thanks to Jade's gossiping stopping at Nami).  However, the main thing is that you had a beautiful couple that truly and obviously loved each other and they had an amazing celebration of their love while surrounded by their family.  Absolute win!
And yes, Cindy and Julius added the absolute correct amount of cute to the wedding  :=)
Congrats on such a gloriously successful event Ai's Perfect Wedding!

I initially decided to share the wedding as a mini-update so I would stop stressing over it. 
I could just show Ai's wedding with all its mishaps instead of trying to photograph 3-4 seemingly wonderful moments.
To my surprise, the wedding turned out okay. 
Incessantly spamming "Please take your seats" whenever a new guest appeared outside or stood blocking the wedding arch definitely helped.
I loved how Isaac cover Ai's hand with his, as if saying "You're entering a new phase in your life, dear daughter, and things will only get better."
Also, I've never played a wedding with a complete wedding party and they even all arrived.
Thank you. I hope Ai is happy with her wedding, because I think this is as a good a wedding as I'll ever play. Plus my clicking finger is exhausted.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Bewitched Berries 10.50: A Dog & the Blues
« Reply #377 on: January 01, 2023, 08:47:16 PM »
10.50: A Dog & the Blues

Week 50, Monday (2nd week of spring, Y4)
Ai: Today, I have classes starting at 8am and 3pm.
In between classes, I do homework, fertilize a few crops, and have twins at the hospital.
This is a household shot from CAS, so Bronson isn't actually home at the moment. He's at work.

I have boy/girl twins, both spellcasters.
These twins represent the 11th generation, but the color of my generation is blue.
That's why Bronson and I decided to name our children after celebrated blues musicians.
We name our firstborn son Buddy and our daughter Rosetta.

Buddy Guy (1936-present) is a blues singer and guitarist as well as an electrifying performer.
He's ranked among the top 3 blues guitarists of all time.
Sister Rosetta Tharpe (1919-1973) bears the nickname "Godmother of Rock 'n Roll."
She's credited for having transformed gospel into rock music and pioneered electric guitar music.
We'll probably call them Bud and Rose for short.

Tuesday
Since his rooster is golden, Bronson plans to enter it in this Saturday's Chicken Competition.
Giving Goldwyn the rooster a Friendly treat, Bronson nearly maxes their friendship in one session. Nice!
While I'm at uni, Tristan's wife Nicola came over by herself and asked Bronson to be BFFs.
Bronson thought it wasn't right for Nicola to visit without Tristan in my absence, so he told her no.
He made the right decision, don't you agree?

When tagging along with Bronson to Finchwick, I spot Auntie Em and Uncle Benjamin.
I can't exactly pretend not to have seen them, so we go and chat for a bit.
How bizarre that Auntie Em is the violet-eyed Skylar's mother-in-law.

Wednesday
Bronson: Ai and I aren't paying attention and don't notice our twins' birthday notices until later.
So I age up Bud and Rose by myself soon after Ai leaves for uni.
They both have light-blond hair and blue eyes. Will their hair color change as teens?

My father Venkat visits while I'm trying to hire a nanny to help with potty training.
Oddly, our twins share my father's hair color.
I'm sure the twins have light-blond hair because Ai's hair is an unnatural color.
Or did their hair color skip a generation?

Nez: I'm so disappointed in Ai!
All this time we've lived together and we're still only friends.
You'd think we'd be at least good friends by now.  *sighs

Thursday
Ai: Bronson and I coordinate toddler training around my schoolwork.
Today, he works from home to spend the day with our twins.
He reads to the toddlers for two hours, giving me time to finish my homework. Teamwork!

Bronson: Here's your gourmet dog food, Nez.
Sorry you're not getting walked at all lately.  Once the toddlers grow up and I'm an Angling Ace…

Nez (to himself): I've given up on Ai.  She's too busy and uninterested to make time for me.
Bronson's busy with his job, crops, and chickens, but I have hopes for him as an Animal Enthusiast.

And what about this little girl. Might she become my person?

Oh yes, Rosetta shows a lot of potential, indeed!

Ai: Bronson hasn't mentioned it but I can tell he was hoping Buddy would inherit his red hair.
We're so curious whether the twins' hair color will change when they age up to teens.
On the twins' teen birthday, we'll let them each choose their own hair color.

Friday
Who would be knocking on our front door this late at night? It's after midnight.
I click on the sim and learn their name is Jodi Vatore.
A vampire? Bronson and I ignore the knocking and she eventually leaves.

Early in the morning, the twins max their last skill and age up.
My eyes are custom content, so I'm surprised both twins have blue eyes.
Not the same shade of blue, but still. Also, they both have pointy ears now!

Rose: Why are we reading fiction for our Scholarly Aptitude badge when we can do homework?
Bud: Because we don't start grade school for three more days.
If we finish earning our Scholarly Aptitude badge by reading, we can be Llamacorn Scouts this weekend!

Ai: I finish my second term, still on track with an A+ GPA.
After enrolling for my last term, I discuss adoption with Branson.
I'd like to welcome another child into our family, but I'm not ready for another pregnancy.
Branson's family oriented like me, so he naturally loves the idea of a bigger family.

After filling out an online application, I'm informed that an agent will visit me to assess our suitability.
I realize this is underhanded, but I quickly enlarge our house from 64 to 96 tiles.
The home visit by an adoption agent makes me extremely anxious. I head him off at our front gate.
I need to socialize with the agent 12 times without speaking unless prompted? What?

Oh I see. The second event task changes so I can respond with the related topics.
"Talk about career"? Will I get a bad mark for still being at uni with two kids?
Or does the adoption agency also consider Bronson's career and our household's total income?

A little over two hours later, I complete all the tasks and reach gold status.
When I end the event early, the adoption agent and I are good friends.
He informs me that I'll receive the decision letter in one or two days.
Since it's past 10pm Friday, I probably won't hear back until Monday.
That agent never even stepped past our front gate! Time to return to my school work!

Saturday
Nez: The twins give me so much attention this morning!
I know they're showering me with friendly socials to earn their Sociability badge.
But becoming friends with both kids is such a blast, I'm not even mad.

Ai: In the afternoon, yesterday's adoption agent suddenly shows up while I'm gardening.
When he asks to become BFFs, I am forced to say yes.
I mean, the determining factor in the adoption agency's decision is this agent's assessment report.
Er, I send him home immediately afterward, hoping he doesn't notice we actually live in a tiny home.

Bronson: We travel to Finchwick so I can enter my golden rooster and an excellent golden egg.
Only to find that the Chicken Competition is actually next week.
In desperation, I buy Pink Wool from Agatha and enter it in today's Wool Competition.

I also befriend the Mayor and try to bribe him, but he rejects my bribe.
The Mayor must've also canceled my registration in the Wool Competition.
Not only do I never hear news of the competition results, but I also I never get my Pink Wool back.
Next week's the Chicken Competition. I'll win first place in that one for sure!

Progress: End of Week 50
Residence: 3 Olde Mill Lane, Old New Henford (HoB)

Ai (Gen10 heir) - YA (19 days to Adult)
Traits: Perfectionist, Gloomy, Family Oriented
Remaining Tasks
✔️Skills 3/3: Photography 5, Cooking 10 Parenting 10
Aspiration: Super Parent 3/4; Bonus aspirations (1/2):  Master Chef 2/4
Adopt at least one child
Career: Critic/Food Critic 0/10 (earned 8/12 credits in the Culinary Arts degree program)
Marry high school sweetheart and stay with them until death

The Household
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
*A Dog & the Blues: This chapter title riffs off of Buddy Guy's 1968 "A Man & the Blues."

*The twins' light-blond hair: Too bad neither of them got Branson's red hair.
  "We" will have to try again…

*Animal Enthusiast: I noticed something new about this personality trait recently.
  Bronson is an animal enthusiast and he has the "Friendliest Introduction" option with cats & dogs.
  I'd always thought that social was only available with the Cat Lover and Dog Lover traits.
  Looks like none of the Gen11 kids will need the Dog Lover trait after all!

*Sociability badge: My sims have socialized with pets for that badge before.
  This is the first time my sims earned the badge solely by interacting with Nez.
  Cool feature!  And Nez, of course, loved all the attention! Nez and Rosetta are already good friends!

*Relationship & Pregnancy Overhaul (RPO) mod: Before you wonder, yes!
  This extended adoption process is a module in Lumpinou's amazing RPO mod.
  At the outset, Ai paid more for an agency that lets her look through the adoptees herself.
  The less expensive agency would choose the adoptee for her.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Bewitched Berries 10.50: A Dog & the Blues (1 Jan 2023)
« Reply #378 on: January 02, 2023, 03:06:02 AM »
That adoption mod is really detailed - it looks like you're having fun with it.

Poor Nez, desperate for attention but Rose & Bud step up. They're both cute. It's interesting how you're filling Ai's life-span - so busy with degree courses and children!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #379 on: January 02, 2023, 08:12:44 AM »
Rose Bud.  Nice!  Such cute little kiddos!!  And yes, that sly smile Rose was flashing in the close up shot after their age up was wonderful, and yes, I was instantly charmed!  Of course, I think dear Nez is equally charmed by the little gal and her brother  :=)  I appreciate how you manage to keep Nez and his social connections as a relevant part of the story.  The threat of the animal becoming some background item and borderline forgotten member of the family is why I've always hesitated to add one to a dynasty household, but you do it masterfully!
That whole interaction with the adoption agent was interesting...as was the scheming by enlarging and then shrinking the house  ;=)  I'll be interested to see how that works out...and shocked if they get a "no."
Poor Bronson!  The competition definitely did not go his way!  Next week, though, the golden rooster of glory will bring him a win for sure!
Ai is doing such an awesome job of balancing everything that she's carrying on her slender shoulders!  Looking forward to seeing what's next for the family...and to seeing the family grow with the adopted addition  ;=)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #380 on: January 04, 2023, 11:13:26 AM »
That adoption mod is really detailed - it looks like you're having fun with it.

Poor Nez, desperate for attention but Rose & Bud step up. They're both cute. It's interesting how you're filling Ai's life-span - so busy with degree courses and children!
Yes, poor Nez.  He has only been walked 2-3 times since moving to the current home. At Arid Ridge, walking Nez was an activity shared by Jade, Isaac, Tristan, and Nami.
As we all know, starting over with a new family on a new lot takes a lot of time. Ai being a student doesn't help matters.
Sadly, children cannot walk dogs without a mod so Nez will need to wait until Bud and Rose are older. At least, he's getting more attention now.

Rose Bud.  Nice!  Such cute little kiddos!!  And yes, that sly smile Rose was flashing in the close up shot after their age up was wonderful, and yes, I was instantly charmed!  Of course, I think dear Nez is equally charmed by the little gal and her brother  :=)  I appreciate how you manage to keep Nez and his social connections as a relevant part of the story.  The threat of the animal becoming some background item and borderline forgotten member of the family is why I've always hesitated to add one to a dynasty household, but you do it masterfully!
That whole interaction with the adoption agent was interesting...as was the scheming by enlarging and then shrinking the house  ;=)  I'll be interested to see how that works out...and shocked if they get a "no."
Poor Bronson!  The competition definitely did not go his way!  Next week, though, the golden rooster of glory will bring him a win for sure!
Ai is doing such an awesome job of balancing everything that she's carrying on her slender shoulders!  Looking forward to seeing what's next for the family...and to seeing the family grow with the adopted addition  ;=)
Very clever of you to notice the Rose Bud names. I didn't do it intentionally, only noticing it when deciding on their nicknames. :D
Haha, Nez is a big dog with a big personality, which makes it easier to keep him relevant. ;)
However, I need to be careful with Ai and Bronson gaining Fitness skill.  I don't want them getting any unintended longevity boosts.
As for the adoption process, I foolishly didn't play-test in advance so I don't know if the application review is directed entirely at the applicant.
Hopefully, it's enough that Bronson's a L8 floral designer, since Ai is unemployed but often helps Bronson with his large garden.

I don't even know how I misread the Finchwick Fair schedule. Oh well, I do prefer chickens and cows to llamas, anyway.
Yes, I'm hoping Bronson can win the Chicken and Egg Competitions next Saturday so he'll be done with his Country Caretaker aspiration.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Bewitched Berries 10.51: Wrecked, Reckless, and Ruined (6 Jan 2023)
« Reply #381 on: January 07, 2023, 01:50:35 AM »
10.51: Wrecked, Reckless, and Ruined

Week 51, Sunday (3rd week of spring, Y4)
Ai: Exactly two weeks have passed since Bronson and I moved to the HoB as teens.
Tomorrow, our twins start grade school and I begin my final term at uni.
From the left, we are: Nez, Bud, me, my beloved Bronson, and Rose.

Takuya: Hello? This is Takuya Nakayma, your adoption agent from the Sim World Agency.
Ai: This is Ai Berry speaking, How may I help you?
Takuya: I'm phoning about your application. Our director has asked for a follow-up interview.
Would you be free today to visit our office at 11 am?
Ai: Yes, of course.  *anxiety soars over possible problems with her application

Ai: I've been so stressed over my application that I haven't been sleeping well.
But I change into my "perfect housewife" interview dress and leave for the Sim World Agency office.
The receptionist sends me to the director's office on the second floor.
What a large, well-appointed office. The Sim World Agency is certainly thriving!

Ai: Keon!? Long time, no see, bestie! What are you doing here?
Keon: Hey, you! I've assumed the Director's position of the Sim World Agency. Didn't Skylar tell you?
Ai: I haven't seen your twin Skylar since last year. Wow, are those your degrees on the wall behind you?
Keon: Nah, they're all government or community commendations awarded to Sim World Agency.
Now, about your case. Typically, we require the applicant to have stable employment but you're still…

Keon: Thank you for accepting my lunch invite. I was too busy for breakfast this morning and I'm starving.
Ai: Would you order me a soft drink?  I have really low alcohol tolerance, so I don't drink liquor.
Keon: Oh, c'mon, Ai. You're obviously stressed over your application. One drink will help you relax.
In fact, a deep stone massage later would do you a world of good.

Ai (somewhat tipsy): Uh, I thought I would be massaged by a professional massage therapist, Keon.
Keon: No worries, Ai. All the Sim World Agency staff are required to learn Wellness.
Ai: Oh, okay. Um, not you in your boxers, right?
Keon: Relax, girl. You wouldn't want me to get massage oil over my best suit, would you?
Ai: You're right, Keon. I feel so much better after a few drinks and this massage! Stress be gone!

Ai (to herself): In fact, I'm feeling so carefree that I recklessly suggest we relax in the sauna together.
But offering him a massage is a huge mistake, because one thing leads to another and…
Oh no! What have I done?
I take a quick shower then rush home to arrive before Bronson gets off work.

When Bronson returns home, I still have the option to try for baby with Bronson. 
Is it possible that I can undo my terrible mistake?
Truly, I don't deserve Bronson.

Monday
I'm thrilled to receive the decision letter, informing me that I qualify to adopt one child!
By the way, gentle readers, please don't think that Keon took advantage of me.
Yes, we've been good friends since forever and he suggested lunch and that deep stone massage.
I'd like to blame the alcohol, my recent stress, or Keon. Truth is, the sauna was completely my fault.

Our brilliant twins bring home B's on their first day of school.
I'm required to become a Super Parent, so Bud or Rose needs three positive character traits as a YA.
Other than that, our Gen11 kids have no requirements to satisfy.
How wonderful that some members in our household can choose their own future!

Tuesday
Nez: I've only known you for a few weeks, but you're my household favorite!
Bronson: Thanks!
Nez: You're a good listener, too!
Bronson: Well, I'm an Animal Enthusiast, remember?

Nez: In fact, if I ever had to choose between living with Ai or you, I'd choose you in a heartbeat!
Bronson: Don't be so hard on Ai, Nez.  Being the heir isn't easy.  She's doing the best she can.
Nez (to himself): If Bronson only knew…

Wednesday
Ai: It's a good thing I'm in no rush to become Lady of the Knits.
I've had a Sweater with Hearts (for hens) listed on Plopsy for over two weeks.
This morning, someone finally contacts me about buying it!

Nez: I can't help but feel jealous when Bronson invites Sasha over from next door.
All three of my offspring with Sasha passed away yesterday.
Shouldn't Bronson be consoling me rather than befriending Sasha?
Oh, I see! He's giving the elderly Sasha an Age-Down Treat!

Nez: Not only that, after Bronson sends Sasha home, he and I become Companions!
I feel so awful that Destiny has dealt such terrible cards to Ai and Bronson.
And poor Ai! She must try and play the hand she's been dealt! #feelsbad

Bronson: I'm so happy we're having more children, Ai! But what about the adoption?
You were so excited on Monday about getting approved to adopt. When are you planning to adopt?
Ai: Since we're also expecting, I want to time the adoption of a toddler to match our baby's birthday.
Bronson: What a great idea! Our biological child and our adopted child can grow up like twins!
Ai (to herself): I'm a terrible person.

Thursday
Bronson: Taking a shower after a jog with Nez, I see options to shave my arms, chest, and legs.
Did "someone" forget to disable hair growth for me?
Not Watcher forcing me to shave my legs for cheap entertainment! Yo, check my CAS settings!
Oh, time for me to leave for work!

Ai: I appreciate you coming over, Keon. *shares the Big News
Keon: Big news? What does that have to do with me? You used protection, too, right?
Ai: Why am I suddenly able to tell you that I'm keeping the child!? Does that mean you're the fa…?
Keon: You can't mean that, Ai. I'm married with three kids!
Your brother Tristan is married to my sister Nicola. A scandal like this could destroy us all!

Ai; Please, Keon.  I want to keep this baby and I'm not asking you for anything.
Keon: But…
Ai: What do I gain by telling anyone else about this? I'll carry this secret with me to the grave.
Keon: I wish things didn't have to turn out like this. We've been BFFs for so long, Ai.
In high school, I was hoping that you'd choose me, but you preferred my twin Skylar and…
Ai: None of that matters anymore, Keon. I'm glad we're still friends, but you better leave now.

In the afternoon, I give birth to a little boy and name him Keanu. .
His name will constantly remind me of my utter recklessness and stupidity.
Wait a sec…Keanu has brown eyes!  Could he be Bronson's son or do all nooboos have brown eyes?
Never mind. Keanu arrived in a non-occult bassinet, which means he's human like his father Keon.
Aren't there zero odds of two spellcasters having a human nooboo? *sighs

Friday
In the evening, I graduate with an overall GPA of A+. A distinguished degree with honors, baby!
This makes completing the Master Chef aspiration a breeze.
Bronson asks me on an at-home date, where I cook three single-serving Caprese Salads.
Next, I sign up for the Food Critic career as an Expert Epicurean (Level 8 ).

Saturday
Keanu ages up! I'm grateful he's inherited my blue eyes and not Keon's violet eyes.
And it's not uncommon for a parent with unnatural hair color to have a blond child. Probably. Maybe.

It's time at last to finalize and complete my adoption procedure.
Ignoring the other age groups, I look at the six available toddlers and choose Lilian.

Here are my two human toddlers after their makeovers.
Independent Keanu looks adorable in his new hairstyle.
I rename the girl Robin after the sky-blue color of robin's eggs.
Clingy Robin keeps her original hair style but its color now matches Bronson's hair.

Bronson: No surprise that my Goldwyn gets 1st place in today's Chicken Competition.
My excellent Golden Egg's the only entry in the Egg Competition. Oddly, it doesn't win anything.

That loser Mayor! Can you believe he phoned me earlier this week to ask if he should switch careers?
Today, I start shopping at Agatha's at 6:45pm when the Mayor interrupts to ask me to be BFFs.
The Mayor's popup closes Agatha's shop menu, so she lowers her shutter and goes home. Darn Mayor!

Ai (whispering): Watcher, I need to see you desperately.  I'm in big trouble!
Watcher: What's going on? Wait, why are we talking about this?
The rules expressly state that "you never admit your affair to anyone."
Ai: Bronson had been super distracted lately because of today's Finchwick Chicken Competition.
But now that he's won, what if he starts asking me questions about Keanu, my love child with Keon?

Watcher: Pippin and I have our hands full at the moment, but your situation is an emergency.
Get directions to our current address from Damson and visit us ASAP!

Progress: End of Week 51
Residence: 3 Olde Mill Lane, Old New Henford (HoB)

Ai (Gen10 heir) - YA (12 days to Adult)
Traits: Perfectionist, Gloomy, Family Oriented
Remaining Tasks
Aspiration: Super Parent 3/4; ✔️Bonus aspirations (2/2): Master Chef 4/4
✔️Have a one-time secret affair
✔️Adopt at least one child
Career: Critic/Food Critic 8/10
Marry high school sweetheart and stay with them until death

The Household
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
Director's Office at World Sim Agency: No, I didn't build an entire adoption agency.
First, I built a two-story rectangular building with stairs.
Then, I only furnished and decorated the upstairs room to serve as the Director's Office.

*The follow-up interview: The office meeting is not part of the Adoption module.
  I included this in a feeble attempt to build up to Ai and Keon's hookup.
  Obviously, romantic/steamy scenes are NOT my forte, LOL!

*Allow Pregnancy Aging: I have enabled this setting in the MC Command Center mod.
  It means that sims will continue aging while pregnant.

*Shaving in the shower: I have no idea why Bronson can shave his arms, chest, and legs.
  I checked him in CAS right away and he has hair growth disabled (which I do for any sim I edit in CAS).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Bewitched Berries 10.51: Wrecked, Reckless, and Ruined (6 Jan 2023)
« Reply #382 on: January 07, 2023, 05:12:21 AM »
Oh, the drama!

I love that your mod gives the option of a paternity test. Does it also disable the family tree info - that's always a dead give-away. Oh, and clearly Nez has some sort of psychic insight too!

I also love that you feel guilty manipulating Ai and Keon into their illicit hook-up and try to remove any blame from either of them. Ah - the requirements of this challenge are hard on some generations. Well done for meeting them. I hope Ai can regain hope and peace with the lovely Bronson.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #383 on: January 07, 2023, 08:51:25 AM »
OK, I have never done the Berry challenge, but having read through yours and Granny's, I'm assuming the cheating and requisite try for baby is a requirement, so I'm throwing no shade at Ai.  It's all LilSimsie's fault!  I think.  Pretty sure she created this challenge?  Maybe...
Anyway, a lovely update all around!  I can't believe the time you put into creating that adoption agency office (which looked great, btw) just to stage a reason why the cheating happened!  It was, actually, really cleverly handled, and if he didn't give her an approval after doing that, my Simself would have been going after him  ;=)
I love your consistency of character in that, even while going through all of this turmoil, Ai was still focused on the schedule and timing the toddler age up with the toddler adoption to create the "twinsies" effect.  It's so Ai!
And Nez.  Poor, sweet Nez.  I'm glad that Bronson is so good to him and speaks his language.  And so sad for him that all three of his offspring passed on the same day!  Talk about rough times!  Bronson needs to give him extra walks, petting, treats, and attention.
Anyway, yes, the update was a beautiful delivery of the chaos of the week.  Excellent job!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #384 on: January 07, 2023, 12:29:59 PM »
Oh, the drama!

I love that your mod gives the option of a paternity test. Does it also disable the family tree info - that's always a dead give-away. Oh, and clearly Nez has some sort of psychic insight too!

I also love that you feel guilty manipulating Ai and Keon into their illicit hook-up and try to remove any blame from either of them. Ah - the requirements of this challenge are hard on some generations. Well done for meeting them. I hope Ai can regain hope and peace with the lovely Bronson.
I knew immediately from the family tree that Keon was the father. I could have created more suspense for myself if I'd enabled "Risky woohoo," which disables Try for Baby but adds a pregnancy percentage for every Woohoo social. The feature allows me to set the pregnancy risk at any percentage.  Maybe in a different challenge.
As for Nez, his father Mouse in the Dresden Files series is a Tibet Temple Dog with magical powers. So, yes, Nez is highly intuitive.
Nez also overhears conversations when Ai thinks nobody's at home. Nez is generally very much in tune to what's happening in the household. *winks

Yes, I did feel awful about causing reader animosity toward Ai or Keon. 
Ai would never have been unfaithful if not for the Gen10 requirement. But since she had the affair, I couldn't resist seeing Ai/Keon's genetics in play.
And poor Keon only got roped into the affair because my MCCC mod trolled me! Redheaded Skylar was first choice but MCCC married him to Ai's first cousin.
So, I guess it's all Ai's fault? *sighs
I agree with you about the NSB requirements. How ironic that the longest marriage we play is based on infidelity and deception. Oh well!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #385 on: January 07, 2023, 12:58:14 PM »
OK, I have never done the Berry challenge, but having read through yours and Granny's, I'm assuming the cheating and requisite try for baby is a requirement, so I'm throwing no shade at Ai.  It's all LilSimsie's fault!  I think.  Pretty sure she created this challenge?  Maybe...
Anyway, a lovely update all around!  I can't believe the time you put into creating that adoption agency office (which looked great, btw) just to stage a reason why the cheating happened!  It was, actually, really cleverly handled, and if he didn't give her an approval after doing that, my Simself would have been going after him  ;=)
I love your consistency of character in that, even while going through all of this turmoil, Ai was still focused on the schedule and timing the toddler age up with the toddler adoption to create the "twinsies" effect.  It's so Ai!
And Nez.  Poor, sweet Nez.  I'm glad that Bronson is so good to him and speaks his language.  And so sad for him that all three of his offspring passed on the same day!  Talk about rough times!  Bronson needs to give him extra walks, petting, treats, and attention.
Anyway, yes, the update was a beautiful delivery of the chaos of the week.  Excellent job!
Please, no hating on Keon! Maybe I should let him feature in a new challenge for being forced to play "the villain" as part of Ai's heir requirements.
Ironically, Keon would have been Ai's husband if (1) his twin didn't have red hair and (2) Ai hadn't coincidentally run into Bronson at the Magical HQ. 

Here's the related rules for the NSB Gen110 heir:
"You have the perfect life. White picket fence, loving spouse, beautiful children. But why do you still want more?
You have a one time secret affair and will regret it for the rest of your life.
Afterward you pour your soul into raising your children and fixing your marriage.
You never admit the affair to anyone and dedicate your life to being the perfect mother."

There are requirements for skills, Super Parent, Critic career, adopting at least one child, and playing the heir until their death.
So, I could've had Ai either woohoo or try for baby with Keon, since covering up an illicit child is not one of the requirements.
But I rediscovered that Keon's a super attractive sim, which is why I couldn't resist a love child with superior genetics, LOL!
Hah, me and my bad decisions. As for postponing the adoption for "twinsies," I actually had a more devious plan/schedule in mind for Ai.
I'd timed everything so Keon's toddler birthday and the adoption would coincide while Bronson was at work.
Then, Ai would age up Keon, adopt a toddler, make the adoptee a redhead, change its name to Keanu, then pass off Keon's child as the adoptee.
The timing worked perfectly but then I felt bad for Bronson.  And I didn't want Ai to go that far to deceive Bronson.  Haha, me and my pixelated sims!

As for the psychic Nez, two of the four kids will definitely get the Animal Enthusiast to help around "the farm" and shower Nez with attention.
Rose is already good friends with Nez, so Nez can look forward to good times to come.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #386 on: January 07, 2023, 01:00:52 PM »
Aaaanywaaay, I'm so relieved to move past Ai's secret affair. 
Blame it on our society's double standards.  Wives shouldn't have secret affairs, but I have my male sims do whatever for the Big Happy Family's "Have 4 grandchildren" task.

I believe I've earned myself 4-5 days away from my NSB challenge to play that hilarious British hospital-management game, Two-Point Hospital! 
Pippin, go grab your lab coat and stethoscope  Our medical expertise is in high demand!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Bewitched Berries 10.51x: Wassup, Doc?
« Reply #387 on: January 15, 2023, 08:12:23 PM »
10.51x: Wassup, Doc?

Ai: As soon as Bronson hears he's won the Chicken Competition victory, I leave in search of the Watchers.
Ancestor Damson tells me the Watchers are currently in Brindleton Bay.
According to his directions, I take a right and walk uphill just before reaching Club Calico on the left.
Is that a hospital in the distance? I certainly hope the Watchers aren't injured or ill.

Ai: Good evening. I'm here to visit Ms. oshizu.  Would you please direct me to her room? Is it still visiting hours?
Receptionist: You mean, Dr. oshizu, don't you?  She and Dr. Pippin are both expecting you. 
See that door over there to your left?  Go through that door and you can't miss their offices.

oshizu: I would love if you could tell me what you see in this ultrasound, Pippin.
Pippin: Hmmm, looks like triplets to me: one boy and two girls. 
oshizu: Exactly! It's shocking news, though, so I wanted a second opinion before telling the parents.
Ai: Um, Watchers?
oshizu: You found us! Pippin and I don't share an office, so let's go to mine.  Is that okay with you, Pippin?

Ai: So, I've rushed here as soon as I could to ask your advice. How can I prevent Bronson from knowing I cheated?
oshizu & Pippin: *nod
Ai: But first, may I ask why you're both now doctors working at a hospital? What happened to the farming life?
(to herself: I'm eager for advice, but Watcher oshizu is surely hoping I'll ask these questions, so I'm being polite.)

oshizu: Lately,  I've returned to a game I played obsessively in 2021: Two-Point Hospital.
It's a hospital-management simulation game by Two-Point Studio, filled with the dry British humor of its devs.
So far, I've three-starred the 15 base-game hospitals plus 3 each in two expansion packs. That's 21 hospitals total.
Below are scenes from two of my hospitals.  ;D

A few days ago, I started a third DLC called "Close Encounters."
This DLC offers three new hospitals in a desert setting, all featuring…you guessed it…aliens!
I'm currently playing the leftmost area, Goldpan. 
And I'm close to earning to my final gold star!

Goldpan seems to have stop progressing, ever since the alleged crash of alien spaceships nearby.
The small town has a 1950s retro feel.  Check out the diner shaped like a UFO.
When's the last time you ate at a diner with large transport trucks parked outside?

Here's a shot of the other two hospital settings: Camouflage Falls (bottom) and Chasm 24 (top).
As you might notice, the environment somewhat resembles the desert surrounding Area 51 in Nevada.
Camouflage Falls (the 2nd hospital) is a secret government base disguised as a sleepy housing development.
I haven't figured out yet what exactly Chasm 24 (the 3rd hospital) is. A highly-classified underground research center?
Conspiracy theorists suggest the center was initially built by aliens who bought the caverns from the mole-people.
So much lore!!!

A variety of illnesses demand curing, each with a satirical description; some illnesses are visually identifiable.
The patient on the very right suffers from a psychiatric illness called Bowhine.
in front of him, the clownish patient is afflicted with Jest Infection, curable in a circus tent-like contraption.
The Walmart-Dalek wearing a trash bin with plunger has the psychiatric illness Space Caged.
The 2nd patient from the left with the gas mask suffers from Aller-Gs, requiring a visit to the Pharmacy.

Identifying disguised aliens is a key feature of Close Encounters.
They go from one diagnostic room to another without paying; they clog diagnostic queues, and decrease profits.

Here sits Arthur Brick, innocently waiting his turn in the queue for the X-Ray room. Right?

Wrong! Clicking "Send Home" exposes Arthur as an alien infiltrator.
He does a bit from John Travolta's Saturday Night Fever dance then leaves the premises.
Goodbye and good riddance!

oshizu: You're probably thinking that was a boring digression of me blathering about my latest game obsession.
Ai: Um…
oshizu: But you'd be completely wrong, Ai. First, though, why don't you share some background with Pippin?
Pippin: I'd appreciate that! I don't mind just being the eye candy, but more details would help.

Ai: Well, two weeks ago, I messaged 4 of my closest male friends on Social Bunny: Ken, Cody, Skylar, and Keon..
Ken, Cody, and Kailee are triplets I've known since grade school. We were all born in the Skyward Palms hood.
Cody married Bronson's sister and Kailee married my cousin Brad (son of Uncle Ben & ex-butler Magnus).

Skylar, Keon, and Nicola are also triplets. Nicola is my sister-in-law, married to my brother Tristan.
Skylar, my ex-boyfriend and first Prom Date, married my cousin Janae (daughter of Auntie Em).

oshizu: May I just say that MCCC arranged all these marriages? It was all rather shocking!

Ai: I exchanged a few friendly messages with all four of these fellows.
That week, Keon suddenly phones me to confess his crush and ask me on a date.
What was Keon thinking? He's married with children!
Obviously, I didn't choose to go on a date with him.

Ai: Imagine my surprise when, two weeks later, he turns out to be the director of the adoption agency!
Pippin: Erm, if you don't mind my asking, how did you get pregnant, though?
You were only required to have a one-time secret affair. The rules say nothing about a love child.
Ai: I believe Watcher oshizu's to blame for that. She was too curious about how the Paternity module worked.
oshizu: Oops?

Ai: What am I going to do, Watchers? Bronson can never find out about my momentary indiscretion!
I will do anything--anything!--to save our marriage!
Bronson is the one I want to grow old with.
But how can I prevent Bronson from discovering the truth? *sobs

Pippin: Oh please, oshizu.  Why are YOU crying?
You're not the one who married her high-school sweetheart who's now raising the child of another man!
oshizu; I know, I know! I feel so bad about Bronson!
But never fear, folks, I can fix this.

Ai & Pippin: You can?!
oshizu: Ever since Ai phoned me, I've been seeking a solution, working on difficult paternity-related equations without sleep.
Pippin: I can testify that she hasn't been sleeping! I thought she'd been playing that hospital game.
Ai: So? So?
oshizu: If you get pregnant again, Bronson can only ask about your latest pregnancy, not your previous one with Keon.

Ai: It's that simple?
oshizu; Yes.
Ai: kthxbye!
Pippin: Wow, she sure left in a hurry! Do you think she meant that facetiously or ironically?
oshizu: Pretty sure all she's got on her mind right now is to rush home and try for baby with Bronson!

Pippin: That was such an easy solution to Ai's current problem.
I mean, leaving aside for now the thorny issue of hiding the identity of her love child's real father.
But I don't understand why you didn't share your solution with Ai as soon as she arrived. She's been so worried!
oshizu: Are you kidding me? If I told her right away, I'd have missed the opportunity to share my Two-Point Hospital screenshots!
Pippin: *groans

Gallery Download
*Tail's End, Brindleton Bay (40x30): "Small Hospital" by CafeDisc0.
  I have never actually played this hospital build with a sim in the doctor career.
  However, it's a one-story build with a nice reception area and a private office.
  Perfect for the Watchers' needs.

Notes
*MCCC's marriage choices: This is probably more interesting to me than to you.
  It's actually extremely surprising how MCCC has married my "sims of interest" into my main households.

*The solution: No, I have not spent sleepless nights trying to solve paternity-related math equations.
  I re-read Lumpinou's description of her Paternity module very carefully and there it was!
  A new pregnancy resets the paternity system.
  Once Ai gets pregnant, Bronson can no longer question the paternity of Keanu.

*Risky Woohoo: I've reconfigured Lumpinou's Relationship & Pregnancy Overhaul mod.
  Hopefully, I have now gotten the mod's "Woohoo with Pregnancy Risk" feature to work. 
  We'll be experimenting with the Gen11 kids to pass the time while waiting for Ai to grow old and die. LOL!

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
  • Former resident of the cave of lurking-ness
Re: Bewitched Berries 10.51x: Wassup, Doc? (15 Jan 2023)
« Reply #388 on: January 15, 2023, 09:45:51 PM »
I just returned to these forums after a bit of a break, and oh my goodness you’ve gotten so far since I left! Still have to reread and get caught up, but thought i may as well say hi : )
they/he pronouns please!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Bewitched Berries 10.51x: Wassup, Doc? (15 Jan 2023)
« Reply #389 on: January 16, 2023, 03:26:58 AM »
Are you sure Ai wasn't rushing home to play 2-Point Hospital? Lol. Welcome back to the "real" world of Sims! Another great episode.

anything