Author Topic: Bewitched Berries Epilogue: An Embarrassment of...Berries [Completed 14 Mar '23]  (Read 89900 times)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Bewitched Berries 10.47: Some Life Choices (22 Dec 2022)
« Reply #360 on: December 22, 2022, 02:08:58 PM »
Congratulations on the puppies - very cute and very clever to manage the households to achieve it. You're very kind to your spares, getting them partners and babies and puppies. I'm a very neglectful watcher in that respect.
So Skylar invites Ai out, but the major crush is on Ken? Ai's got trouble! I love her prom outfit.
What a generous compliment, but the puppies were probably for the Watcher's pleasure rather than for the spare.
Could you imagine owning four dogs weighing over 100 lbs each? I would never do that in my active household (probably). LOL!
As for finding partners for the spares, it's mostly finding them somewhere to live and enjoying a few genetic detours. (Helps with Social Butterfly, too!)

In fact, Ai developed a major crush on Ken Wednesday evening then on Skylar Friday evening.
Does that mean more trouble or less trouble? She will probably do the honorable thing. (Probably)
"We" were trying to go for Ken, but violet-eyed Skylar kept pulling us his way.
Those violet eyes of Damson the Gen5 Plum heir have really persisted!
Ah - I remember your love of violet eyes from one of your dynasties - white hair, too!  :D

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #361 on: December 22, 2022, 04:44:59 PM »

Huzzah for puppies! I am, indeed, quite the dog lover - which makes it all the more strange that I've played with the Sims 4 cats, but not dogs! (Adds that to the to-do list). Oo, can you imagine if Skylar and Ai's kids got her blue hair and his violet eyes?? Make it happen, Watcher! :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #362 on: December 23, 2022, 02:21:17 AM »

Huzzah for puppies! I am, indeed, quite the dog lover - which makes it all the more strange that I've played with the Sims 4 cats, but not dogs! (Adds that to the to-do list). Oo, can you imagine if Skylar and Ai's kids got her blue hair and his violet eyes?? Make it happen, Watcher! :P
Absolutely! After all we, I mean you, need a founder for your next challenge.  ;)
You're so close now.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #363 on: December 23, 2022, 03:19:33 PM »

Sim-dogs require more attention than sim-cats, but they are a lot of fun! Looking forward to your addition of a dog to the Alvah household.
About the violet eyes, erm, well, you'll find out soon enough.

Absolutely! After all we, I mean you, need a founder for your next challenge.  ;)
You're so close now.
Haha, I was confused at first regarding which part of Rhoxi's comment you were referring to.  A dog as the founder of my next challenge?!
But you're absolutely, I'll be checking out the Gen11 offspring as possible founder candidates for whatever I do next. ;)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #364 on: December 23, 2022, 03:52:33 PM »
My Nami was feeling unloved and unpretty?!?!?!?  That is a crime and an outrage!  I mean, she can text while walking on water!  I'm glad some Sim gentleman was smart enough to take the belle of the Berry's to prom!  Granted, he's not good enough for her, but still  ;=)
Another lovely update, and how nice that Next gen Nez has arrived  :=)  Oh, and those 4 grandkids too ;=)
So exciting to see that you're getting so close to completing this challenge!!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #365 on: December 23, 2022, 07:55:11 PM »
My Nami was feeling unloved and unpretty?!?!?!?  That is a crime and an outrage!  I mean, she can text while walking on water!  I'm glad some Sim gentleman was smart enough to take the belle of the Berry's to prom!  Granted, he's not good enough for her, but still  ;=)
Another lovely update, and how nice that Next gen Nez has arrived  :=)  Oh, and those 4 grandkids too ;=)
So exciting to see that you're getting so close to completing this challenge!!
Yes, Nami is doing great! She even managed to find a sweet, unflirty cutie who is NOT on the Berry family tree!
It was so fun seeing the Nezboos, lol! I was really tempted to have Nez/Sasha mate again, but poor Sen and Ira are looking after two toddlers and 4 adult dogs now, haha.
The Gen10 requirements cover the longest period of time. Though it seems that I'm nearing the challenge's end numerically, Gen10 actually takes as long as around three of the other generations.
I'm plodding along. :D

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Bewitched Berries 10.48: All the Sad Bois
« Reply #366 on: December 24, 2022, 06:46:16 PM »
10.48: All the Sad Bois

Week 48, Sunday (4th week of winter, Y3)
Ai: This is the last week of our third year. Time really flies, eh?
With brother Seneca and Sasha moving out last week, we're a family of six. 
From the left: My siblings Nami and Tristan, my parents Jade and Issac, me, and Nez.

Over the past several days, I've been preparing a variety of foods.
My Baking skill isn't maxed yet but it's high enough to start applying for scholarships.

Sage Morgyn: I’m so proud of you, Ai. You reached Master rank in one week!
Ai: I have my family to thank for letting me focus on my magic and heir-related stuff.

Ai: While waiting around to learn my last spell, I spot a fellow teen Berry and introduce myself.
Bronson's Very Sad so I do the usual socials to console him but then the unexpected happens.
Bronson and I crush on each other almost immediately.
(Skylar only crushed on me after Prom while Ken's never crushed on me.)

According to the family tree, Bronson is Grandpa Taro's uncle so he's my great-granduncle.
I've narrowed my choice down to Skylar (violet eyes) and Bronson (pointy ears).

Monday
What a stressful day! I'm ready to graduate early and apply for uni.
Before that, I have a few things to settle. First, I get over my crushes on Ken and Skylar.
I invite Ken over to ask to be just friends, but while waiting for him to cross the street…
Bronson phones me up for a date. Of course, I say yes. Uh, catch you later, Ken!

Club Calico is chilly, so we relocate to the Sulani Beach Restaurant.
I'm about to request a table, when Bronson walks over to give me an autonomous kiss.

Ken and Skylar treat me like a cactus; they think it's enough to check on me once a week or so.
Bronson showers me with attention, as if I were a hothouse orchid. A girl could get used to that.
Hey, watch that hand, buddy!

Ai: I'm glad you called me. I'm ready to graduate early but I want to ask you to Prom first.
Bronson: I'd ask you to Prom if I could, but I don't attend your high school.
Ai: Yeah, I know.  Problem is, I have no Prom options today.
Bronson: Maybe it's too early in the week? Would you mind waiting another day?

Tuesday
Bronson: Good morning. (Ugh, this is awkward!)
Tristan: Sleepover?
Bronson: Um no, I came to visit Ai, like, uh, really early.
Tristan: It's 6 am, bruh, but no worries. If the parents ask, I got your back.

Ken: *notices someone leaving just as he arrives
Ai: I've invited you over, Ken, because we need to talk.
Ken: We've been friends since grade school, Ai. I've always believed we'd be together.
Ai: Too late to say that now, Ken. And I'm sorry for not asking you to prom.  Still friends?

Next, I invite over Skylar. I can't forget to get our residence key back (which he never used).
When he arrives Very Sad, I nearly postpone asking to be just friends until another day.
But that wouldn't be fair to anyone, so I brace myself and go for it.
During all this drama, Ken's brother Cody barges in to ask to be BFFs. Read the mood, bruh!

After sending Skylar and Cody home, I spot my Prom options so I invite Bronson over.
I made a Promposal sign but I'm so surprised to see Bronson crying that I forget to use it.
Hopefully, I've made the right choice!  I'm all about Bronson now.
Time to graduate early and apply for university!

Wednesday
Remember how Tristan found his Prom Date dancing with another guy? He broke up with her.
Instead, he's invited his long-time crush, Skylar's sister Nicola, to Prom as friends.

So many birthdays today! Grandpa Taro and Nez become elders, and Papa Isaac becomes an Adult.
Nez gets an Age-Down Treat, of course.
We invite Grandpa over and he arrives feeling Very Sad.
I spend so much time consoling sims that my Empathy's in range without even trying!

Ai: I've invited y'all to Chez Llama tonight to celebrate Grandpa Taro and Papa's birthdays.
Let's also honor Great-Great-Grandpa Blaze, who passed away this week.
Grandpa, let me introduce you to my true love, Bronson, the nephew of Great-Great-Grandpa Blaze.
Also, I've ordered different dishes for everyone. Lemme photograph your meals for my collection, k?

I notice Bronson dragging his feet upstairs so I follow him.
He bursts into tears and I only wish I knew the reason for his sadness.
You might remember that I'm a gloomy perfectionist who never gets to express my melancholy.
But I'm surrounded by Very Sad sims who I end up consoling and trying to cheer up.

Watcher: Does this seem to you like a glitch? I've never experienced so much sadness before..

Thursday
Whenever the household travels somewhere, we often return to find our garden plants like this.
This isn't our fault, so we use the shift-click cheat to restore them, one by one, to mature plants.
It's super annoying!!!

My family's awesome! They've all been pitching in to help Bronson learn skills.
Tristan asks Bronson to assist with Handiness school projects, even tho' Tristan graduated early.
When possible, Mama mentors him in Logic or Papa mentors him in Handiness.

As for uni, I applied Tuesday afternoon but still haven't heard back.  Friday, for sure!
(I coulda applied Monday afternoon, but the delay's worth going to Prom with Bronson.)

Tonight we spend hours and hours helping out brother Seneca and his pack.
It's much harder to help out than we'd imagined!
Nami and I potty train and play with the toddlers, while my parents and Tristan look after the dogs.
Takes me over two hours to prepare a garden salad, though. What's up with that?.

Friday
At 6am, I check my application status by phone. I've been accepted into all 13 distinguished degree programs. How?
Up to now, I've made very little time for Nez, but I hope to change that.
I enroll in the Culinary Arts program, choosing Veterinary Procedures as my elective.
Wow, check out Nez listening to the stereo. He must really love music!

Nami: This is our third restaurant in three days.  Why are we dining out so often?
Tristan: Wednesday was Grandpa Taro and Papa's birthdays.
Isaac: Today's your mother's birthday as well as Night on the Town.
Ai: And yesterday, we celebrated my receiving 6 scholarships which cover my tuition.

Jade: So, how goes your Experimental Foods Photo collection?
Ai: After tonight? I'll have 16 out of 20 photos!

Saturday
My parents already know that I'll be moving out tomorrow.
In the early evening, my parents suddenly take Bronson and me to Sulani.
If we're moving in together, Mama says, we need to talk to his parents and grandparents.
Ack! I haven't even talked with Bronson yet about moving out with me. Well, too late now!

Bronson's father Venkat trusts his son to build his own happiness.
His grandfathers, Damson and Tuki, insist that we visit often after Bronson moves out.
That was potentially embarrassing as heck, but Bronson was cool about it.

Three days ago, Tristan asked Nicola to Prom "as friends."
Looks like he's been working on their relationship since then.

Bronson and I head to the photo booth.
You notice how he's changed his formal outfit to match mine?

Nami and Tory are off in a little world of their own.
Tory's stays close to Nami throughout Prom. I'm so glad he's treating her right!

Tristan and Nami are awesome! I asked them to vote Bronson for Prom Royalty and they did!

No, no, not here, Bronson! The whole school's watchi…mmph..

When we meet again, we'll have moved to a new home in a new town! Y'all come back now!

Progress: End of Week 48
Residence: Arid Ridge, Skyward Palms (Oasis Springs)

Ai (Gen10 heir) - Teen (7 days to YA)
Traits: Perfectionist, Gloomy
Remaining Tasks as Teen
Skills 2/3: Photography 5, Cooking 10, Parenting 0
Aspiration: Super Parent 0/4; Bonus aspirations: Goal Oriented 3/3, Master Chef 2/4
Bonus collection: Experimental Food Photos 16/20

The Household
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
*Why Bronson?: "We" struggled to choose between Skylar and Bronson.
  But I love how Ai and Bronson were immediately attracted to each other.
  I initially picked Ken and Skylar for Ai, so Ai had to work on building those relationships.
  But Ai and Bronson picked each other plus he comes over all the time.

*Gen5 Damson and Tuki: Yep, I plan to keep them alive until the end of the challenge.
  Since Bronson's their grandson, maybe they could even move close by and be neighbors.

*Pinstar's Trait Generator: I've always preferred this trait generator because it picks traits based on the parents' traits, but it's been out of date for a long time.
  Yesterday, I happened to watch a Youtube video by Pinstar's wife "Mystic," and I posted a question about if/when the trait generator would be updated.
  She replied that it's been updated.  So I'm just sharing the good news here. Let me know if you want the link.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
Re: Bewitched Berries 10.48: All the Sad Bois (24 Dec 2022)
« Reply #367 on: December 26, 2022, 08:35:39 AM »
Woot!  Go Team Nami!  Look at her helping potty train the kids, ordering experimental food to help her sis, and having a prom date who dotes all over her.  She's so great! 
Oh, and Ai's doing well too  ;=)
Oh, and Seneca's twins are also super adorable!!  Maybe not as adorable as Nami, but still adorable  ;=)
Oh my goodness, all those sad bois!!!  That is, for sure, seeming like it may be pushing beyond coincidence and into glitch territory!
Congrats to Ai and Tristan, btw, on finding new true loves!  I'm glad that Ai found a fellow that prompted mutual crushing and that he adores her so much he just hangs around her whenever he can.  And the connection he has to Blaze is just too perfect given how impactful of a presence "The Don" was on this storyline and family  :=)
I'm excited to see the new house!!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Bewitched Berries 10.48: All the Sad Bois (24 Dec 2022)
« Reply #368 on: December 28, 2022, 10:50:02 AM »
Woot!  Go Team Nami!  Look at her helping potty train the kids, ordering experimental food to help her sis, and having a prom date who dotes all over her.  She's so great! 
Oh, and Ai's doing well too  ;=)
Oh, and Seneca's twins are also super adorable!!  Maybe not as adorable as Nami, but still adorable  ;=)
Oh my goodness, all those sad bois!!!  That is, for sure, seeming like it may be pushing beyond coincidence and into glitch territory!
Congrats to Ai and Tristan, btw, on finding new true loves!  I'm glad that Ai found a fellow that prompted mutual crushing and that he adores her so much he just hangs around her whenever he can.  And the connection he has to Blaze is just too perfect given how impactful of a presence "The Don" was on this storyline and family  :=)
I'm excited to see the new house!!

Yes, Nami's boyfriend and Tristan's first girlfriend were like night and day.  Whenever I checked on Nami, Tory was always next to her.
As for the sadness, I was thinking that it might be linked to the Sulani Mana trait which all the Berries (starting Gen5), due to an occasional Sad +2 "Connection Denied" moodlet.
But I was watching a Sims 4 legacy LP on Youtube yesterday, and the YTer mentioned seeing lots of sad townies in the 10th generation, blaming it on one sim or another constantly dying.
Mourning moodlets only last 2 days, though, so I still think it's a game glitch.

As for Ai and Bronson, I'm so happy that my NSB's last heir and her sweetheart can enjoy a spontaneous romance.
Much of the time, I'm embarrassed to admit, my sims initiate romance with Watcher-scouted sims.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Bewitched Berries 10.49: Country Life
« Reply #369 on: December 29, 2022, 01:57:23 AM »
10.49: Country Life

Week 49, Sunday (1st week of spring, Y4)
Ai: Because of Prom last night, it takes my siblings and I longer to move out than usual.
As soon as we move to Henford-on-Bagley (the HoB), I ask Bronson to move in.
Tristan also adopts Nez's daughter Angel. When Tristan moves, Angel will leave with him.
From the left: Angel, my siblings Nami and Tristan, me, my boyfriend Bronson, and Nez.

In the video game Coral Island, this house belongs to the Animal Lovers household.
All of the island's homes are well-designed, but Watcher especially likes this one.
So she tries to build a similar house for Bronson and me.

Here's our new home at 3 Old Mill Lane in Old New Henford.
It only slightly resembles the house in the image above, but I love it just the same.
This light blue cottage with its white picket fence is the home I've always dreamed about!

Since our house is so tiny, we travel to Central Park with four birthday cakes.
First, Tristan and Nami age up their sweethearts then age up themselves.
Next, both couples get engaged.
As for Bronson and me, we're waiting until he becomes an A student and a Llamacorn scout..

Monday
Tristan: I don't get it, Nicola! Nami is already pregnant and married to Tory.
She doesn't even have the Fertile trait!
But you and I have tried for baby four times. I even got the Fertile trait for the last two times.
Why am I having trouble getting you pregnant? Do I need to see a doctor?

Nicola: Oh, I'm sorry, Tristan. I shoulda told you sooner.
You know how I'm a triplet with two brothers, Skylar and Keon?
Well, my mom recently had triplets again, so I can't get pregnant in a full house.
Tristan: What a relief! Let's get married now and move in together later this week.

Nez: Oh no! Tristan the dog lover is leaving me?

Bronson: It's kinda fun doing homework together like this.
Ai: How about joining me at uni, too?
Bronson: No thanks! I can't wait to be done with school!
Besides, I'll need to get a job if we're starting a family.

Tuesday
Ai: Bronson's Animal Enthusiast trait ain't no joke!
This rabbit shows up uninvited in our garden this morning.
Bronson chats with it twice and gives it a gift.
Then, BAM! We have our first garden helper!

Tristan: Nez, Nami's moved to Arid Ridge today with Tory and your daughter Angel.
I was 'sposed to inherit the family home, but I prefer Old New Henford, bad weather and all.
For a dog lover like me, Old New Henford is such a fantastic place for walks!
That's why I'll be moving next door with Nicola and Sasha.  What about that, Nez?
Nez: Woof, woof!

Wednesday
Tristan: Congrats on graduating early and finishing scouts today, Bronson!
Bronson: Thanks! I owe a lot to your help with my school projects, Tristan!

Ai: Sorry, guys! This is our last meal at Chez Llama, I promise!
It's the only place I can order the Free Range Sixam Pit Beast!

Thursday
Bronson: Early this morning, we buy a chicken coop, a brown hen, and a black rooster.
I'm not going for a full farm, only enough to become a Country Caretaker.
The Finchwick Chicken Competition's in nine days. That's enough time for me to prepare!
There, I've insta-upgraded the coop!

Bronson: I enlarged our photo booth photo from Prom. Is it too much?
Ai: I love it! We need to take more photos together!
By the way, I finish my first term tomorrow. Should we age up tomorrow?
Bronson: Yes! And what about planning for a wedding on Sunday?

Bronson discovers that befriending chickens takes longer than befriending bunnies or birds.
Maybe we can order or buy a Friendly treat…

Bronson's father has light blond hair, so I've wondered where he gets his red hair.
Today, his mother Ava visits unexpectedly and now I know.

With his wife Nicola in her third trimester, Tristan moves out today.
Neither Bronson nor I have been introduced to Nicola, so we invite them out to dinner.
Oh, and I take my last photo for my collection. Yay!

Friday
I have three final exams today, but Bronson and I are on point for time management.
Before my first exam in the morning, we both age up to young adults.
I gain the Family Oriented trait, so Bronson decides to choose that, too.

Before my second final in the afternoon, we try for baby.
After two attempts, we're expecting!
I rush off to my final without even time to share the big news with Bronson!

While waiting for my final grades, we travel to the family museum so I can display my collection.
If you ever do this collection, beware of adding frames to your photos.
I hit a bug where framing 3 photos turned them into the same wrong photo (with the correct titles).
Luckily, I had extra photos of those three foods. Busted or what?

We come to the Spice Festival with Bronson's Great-Grandpa Damson and my father Isaac.
We plan to ask them to be our Officiant and Sim of Honor, but we don't have the options!
Oh right, we need to be engaged first!
And that's why, in case you're wondering, Bronson proposes in front of the karaoke bar.

Do you remember sister Nami whining about Otis Shelley being the cutest boy at high school?
I'd never met our first cousin Otis so, when he shows up at the Spice Festival, I go to introduce myself.
Checking our family tree, I see both he and his sister Janae are married already…wait, what!?!?!
The violet-eyed Skylar married my cousin Janae and is now Skylar Shelley?!?!

Saturday
Thanks to Bronson's animal magnetism, we have four bunnies and one bird flock as garden helpers.
Rawr!
It's so wonderful, especially on weekends when our gardener is off.
After I do the harvesting, I can return to homework and term papers for my second term.

Bronson gets his first promotion as a Gardener today and branches to Floral Designer!
Now that we're expecting, he wants to supplement our garden income with floral arrangements.
He's already arranged my wedding bouquet.
Watcher says I may not be able to hold it, though, since Papa will walk me down the aisle.

Just before we leave for Finchwick, Bronson's granddad Sunny (brother of Blaze) shows up.
He asks Bronson to become BFFs, so naturally Bronson accepts.
When we get back, he's still there weeding our garden. We need to go look for his urn!
(We visit a few places but can't find it. He must've died away from home? Why is he here?)

Bronson: So, Seneca's daughter agreed to be our Flower Pal. Remind me why we're here again?
Ai: This is the home of Seneca's OBM. The twin boys are Seneca's love children from before she married.
Avoid the parents and ask one boy to be Ring-Bearer.
Bronson: We were just at your brother's home. Did you ask Seneca if this was okay?
Ai: Nah, it's fiiiine! Good luck, sweetheart! I'll be over there, doing my homework.

Bronson: Now that you and I are friends, will you be our Ring-Bearer?
Julius Ishikawa: Sure, why not? But why are you whispering?

Derek Ishikawa (black shirt): Do you know these people, Akshara? Who are they, anyway?
Akshara (white T-shirt): I have no idea. They didn't even introduce themselves. Rude!

Ai: Back home, I prepare our wedding cake.
I'll be in my third trimester at the wedding but I don't mind. Hope nobody else does, either.

Also, I really hope everyone in our wedding party shows up!
Uh, Bronson? You can change back to your everyday outfit anytime…

Progress: End of Week 49
Residence: 3 Olde Mill Lane, Old New Henford (HoB)

Ai (Gen10 heir) - YA (24 days to Adult)
Traits: Perfectionist, Gloomy, Family Oriented
Fiance: Bronson; Children: soon (Monday)
Remaining Tasks
Skills 2/3: Photography 5, Cooking 10, Parenting
Aspiration: Super Parent 1/4; Bonus aspirations (1/2): Master Chef 2/4
✔️Bonus collection: Experimental Food Photos 20/20
Adopt at least one child
Career: Critic/Food Critic 0/10
Marry high school sweetheart and stay with them until death

Bronson (Gen10 fiance) - YA  (23 days to Adult)
Traits: Animal Enthusiast, Loves the Outdoors, Family Oriented
Career: Floral Designer 5/10

Nez (Adult, Tibetan Mastiff) - Independent, Smart, Friendly

Moved Out
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
*Gardening Workaround Fix: I've installed this mod by LittleMissSam.
  It's designed to deal with my garden-reverts-to-dirt-piles glitch. So far, it's working! Thanks so much LittleMissSam!

*Eco Footprint: I've had "Eco Footprint Gameplay" disabled since the start of this challenge.
  But I'm getting daily notices about the Eco Footprint switching between Green and Neutral.
  This started happening since the move to the HoB. It's not affecting the garden, which is good, but it's still confusing.

*Skylar Shelley: Ai's mother Jade and Skylar's new mother-in-law Em are sisters. 
  Thanks, MCCC. Couldn't you find someone someone else for Skylar to marry besides Ai's first cousin?

*Ai & Bronson's wedding: I find the new wedding ceremony an exercise in patience and frustration.
  But I will reluctantly help Ai & Bronson host their wedding ceremony because it's part of Ai's idea of "the perfect life."

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Bewitched Berries 10.49: Country Life (28 Dec 2022)
« Reply #370 on: December 29, 2022, 03:29:04 AM »
Congratulations on your build. It's really close to the Coral Island one plus the perfect white picket fence, of course. I do like the HoB.

Looking forward to Ai's perfect wedding - lots to plan and rarely goes totally right on the day? Sounds true to life, lol.

Nooboos soon, too. Plus those other "requirements"   ;D

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #371 on: December 29, 2022, 10:34:37 AM »
What a great update!  I love how schedule-oriented Ai is!  She's really driven and focused, but in wonderfully light and funny ways.  Example:  effectively enacting a home invasion to get a ring bearer without losing time for doing homework.  Loved how you presented those sort of moments!!
And the house?  It's super fabulous!!  I remember you showing a screenshot of the Coral Island house several generations back and I'd thought about what a cute house it was, but didn't think I'd be able to build something as cool as that in The Sims.  Well, maybe I couldn't, but you certainly did!!
Bronson managed to get animal helpers and a ghost helper?  He got Don Blaze's ability to manage people and resources  ;=)  What an awesome complement he is to Ai!!  Power couple of the year!
And yes, of course I'm super psyched to see some Namiboos   :=)
Looking forward to seeing more of Ai and Bronson's adventures!!!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #372 on: December 29, 2022, 07:08:56 PM »
Congratulations on your build. It's really close to the Coral Island one plus the perfect white picket fence, of course. I do like the HoB.

Looking forward to Ai's perfect wedding - lots to plan and rarely goes totally right on the day? Sounds true to life, lol.

Nooboos soon, too. Plus those other "requirements"   ;D
Thank you for the nice words. I always need some sort of inspiration for builds or I end with a combination of roofed boxes, haha.
I'd planned out each heir's town in advance and was trying to decide among Brindleton Bay, Windenburg Countryside, and the HoB for the last heir.
These three seemed like likely towns where a cottage with a white picket fence wouldn't seem out of place.  But then Bronson appeared with his Animal Enthusiast trait.

Haha, I dread the wedding but I owe it to the Berries to give it one last try.
Looking forward to the nooboos! As for the "other requirements," sigh.  Why does Gen10 have to be this way? lol

What a great update!  I love how schedule-oriented Ai is!  She's really driven and focused, but in wonderfully light and funny ways.  Example:  effectively enacting a home invasion to get a ring bearer without losing time for doing homework.  Loved how you presented those sort of moments!!
And the house?  It's super fabulous!!  I remember you showing a screenshot of the Coral Island house several generations back and I'd thought about what a cute house it was, but didn't think I'd be able to build something as cool as that in The Sims.  Well, maybe I couldn't, but you certainly did!!
Bronson managed to get animal helpers and a ghost helper?  He got Don Blaze's ability to manage people and resources  ;=)  What an awesome complement he is to Ai!!  Power couple of the year!
And yes, of course I'm super psyched to see some Namiboos   :=)
Looking forward to seeing more of Ai and Bronson's adventures!!!
Thank you!  Ai and Bronson are playing it very close to the clock.  Sunday, the wedding after Bronson gets off work; Monday, Ai starts her term and gives birth.
I mean, I guess I didn't need to start the ball rolling so soon after the happy couple aged up, but I'd like to check off some of Ai's requirements before she finishes school (two more terms).
Also, I'm sure their offspring will be lovely.

The home invasion was ridiculously fun. Nobody in Seneca's family ever met Sen's Other Baby Mama and even Sen had never met his OBM's sons.  We can, of course, see them on the family tree.  And in pursuit of the "perfect wedding," Ai naturally wants to have a Ring-Bearer.
Akshara's husband is a saint for marrying single-and-pregnant Akshara.  We're glad to see they have a toddler of their own, too!

Haha, you are being modest. You are a great builder, Pippin!

As for Bronson, I'd really like him to win as many Finchwick Fair ribbons as possible, which would require owning a cow and a llama, too.
So his Country Caretaker aspiration is only a luxury digression, I am exercising a modicum of restraint. ;)
The Tristanboos and Namiboos are no doubt toddlers already. If not for Ai's school schedule, she'd arrange a toddler playdate, but all the Gen11 kids will definitely meet as grade-schoolers!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Bewitched Berries Interlude: Ai's Almost-Perfect Wedding
« Reply #373 on: December 30, 2022, 08:28:02 PM »
Watcher: I'm quite happy to have my engaged sims simply exchange vows at a wedding arch without my having to deal with the frustration of the new wedding system.
However, Ai dreams of a perfect life with the love of her life, living in the idyllic countryside in a cozy sky-blue cottage with a white picket fence.
As a result, it seemed appropriate to help Ai attempt to throw a perfect wedding.

Interlude: Ai's Almost-Perfect Wedding

Week 50, Sunday (2nd week of spring, Y4)
Ai: Here we are, just the three of us plus my baby bump!
I expect to go into labor tomorrow around noon.
And, by happy coincidence, I don't have class tomorrow between 9:30am and 3pm.
Hang on, Nez! We'll have a dog lover or two for you in this household real soon!

While editing my term paper, I get notified that an egg is about to hatch.
I almost ignore the notification, when I reconsider.
Maybe helping the chick hatch will bring good luck to the life inside me.

Oh! When did Bronson turn our black rooster into a golden rooster?

Bronson returns from work at 3pm.
We're both ready and waiting when we're prompted to travel to the wedding venue at 4pm.
Ugh! Who knows how long this beverage fountain has held the same stale drink?
I replace it with new fruit punch and improve it.

Bronson's in charge of placing our wedding cake and choosing a topper with blue roses.
He clicks again on the table and sees an option to Take Photo.
Sadly, no photo appears in his inventory. Whatevs, the cake looks amazing!

It takes over an hour for our wedding party and guests to arrive, but some guests are still missing.
To my delight, Bronson's Great-Grandpa Damson arrives and walks straight to his place at the arch.
Then, he waits there for the ceremony to begin.
Meanwhile, Watcher clicks "Please take your seats" repeatedly to get guests to the room and seated.

Our Flower Pal is my elder brother Seneca's daughter Cindy Berry.
Too bad she has to walk around those three sims blocking the top of the aisle.
She doesn't have much room or time to scatter her flower petals.  Still, she's adorable, isn't she?

Next, our Ring-Bearer walks elegantly down the aisle.
That's Julius Ishikawa, one of Seneca's twins with his OBM (Other Baby Mama).
But, besides Bronson and I, only two or three other sims here know who Julius is.
Look at Julius with his perfectly dignified walk and facial expression!

Jade (green hair): Don't look now, Nami, but the handsome little Ring-Bearer is Seneca's son.
Nami: Oh really? But, Mama, I thought Seneca and Ira have twin girls.
Jade: Yes, they do. But Seneca also had twin boys with his OBM for my Big Happy Family aspiration.
Nami: … *reminds herself NEVER to share any secrets with her mother

Ai: Bronson looks so happy walking down the aisle. What an attractive sim he is!

And then it's finally my turn.
My father Isaac escorts me down the aisle, looking stylish in his green-and-black tux.
Truly, I've been blessed with wonderful parents!
Isaac (to himself): Her mother Jade and I had such a rocky start! I never imagined a blessed day like this!

Ai: Oh, Papa! This is the most wonderful day of my life!
Isaac: I'm sure you'll have many more wonderful days to come.
Watcher: Look how Isaac is covering his daughter's hand. I've never seen that animation before! *sniffle, sniffle

Bronson (to himself): I'm really glad that Great-Grandpa Damson is officiating our wedding.
I lived with him all my life until I moved in with Ai a week ago.
But, man, how much longer does he plan to keep talking?

Bronson: With this ring, I take you to be my wife.
I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health.
I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.

Ai: When we kiss after exchanging our vows, the hall is filled with applause and tears of joy.

The "Guests throw rice" part never goes as planned.
Were they supposed to throw rice as Bronson and I walked back up the aisle together?
A few guests throw rice at our wedding cake, which counts. *shrugs

After that, it takes Bronson and me over an hour to feed cake to each other.
I don't remember cutting the cake together, but we must have cuz our guests are walking around with cake.

Don't think we didn't notice Bronson's father Venkat (left) arrive at the wedding four hours late.
And look at Julius peeking up at his father Seneca. I'm pretty sure they've never met.

It's past 11 pm when we finally manage to feed cake to each other.
Notice that Bronson isn't even holding a serving of cake. He's simply poking my teeth with a fork!
I think the guests throwing rice at our cake botched something, haha.

Nami's husband Tory stays by the piano while Nami circles the room, greeting her family.
I never see Tory initiate conversation with any women besides Nami.
Partly because he's unflirty but mostly because they're so deeply connected, I'm sure.

Seneca: What's the big deal, having my son Julius as Ring-Bearer? What if my wife finds out?
Bronson: I only asked Julius, Seneca, because Ai said you'd be fine with it.
Seneca: So it was all Ai's idea?
Bronson: That's not what I meant but, uh, I don't know anything about your private business.
Ai: *overhears their convo and walks quickly to the other side of the room

Julius: Hi! My name's Julius Ishikawa. I just met Grandma Jade and she said she's your grandma, too!
Cindy: My name's Cindy Berry.  I guess that makes us cousins?
Julius: Yeah, I guess so. Wanna be friends?

Notes
*Wedding Ceremonies: I have to say that this marks my most successful wedding ever, lol!
  In the past, I usually started the ceremony with a half dozen guests standing outside.
  This time, I learned that I could spam-click the "Please take your seats" option.
  Still, the new wedding system is so much micro-managing and clicking!

*Guests throw rice: Can anyone explain the right timing for this ceremony activity?
  I tried to have the guests throw rice at Ai/Bronson as they left to go cut the cake.
  As you saw, that didn't work at all and somehow messed with cutting the cake. *sighs

*Duration: The wedding ceremony officially started at 5 pm, though it took over an hour for folks to arrive.
  Then, for reasons unknown to me, it lasted until I ended the event early at 11:43 pm.
  I'd thought that a wedding ceremony lasted six hours, which has always felt too short to me.
  Has it been lengthened by the devs while I wasn't paying attention?

And thus concludes the final wedding ceremony (but not the final marriage) in this Not So Berry Challenge!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Bewitched Berries Interlude: Ai's Almost-Perfect Wedding (30 Dec 2022)
« Reply #374 on: December 31, 2022, 01:31:39 AM »
Well done on a successful wedding. If Ai's happy, it counts as success. You were brave starting late afternoon & ambitious timing work/wedding/due-date.

We don't throw rice at weddings in the UK, only paper or flower petal confetti. Most venues don't want it inside and most churches don't want it in the churchyard (multicoloured litter on grandad's grave...) so it's now become something co-ordinated by the photographer in a place of their choosing for that perfect photo-op. A bit of silliness but it makes people smile.

I love the exchanges around Julius' parentage. So much drama over a momentary indiscretion.  Just as well that Ai has found her one true soulmate ;)

anything