Author Topic: Bewitched Berries Epilogue: An Embarrassment of...Berries [Completed 14 Mar '23]  (Read 89933 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Bewitched Berries 6.27b: Too Cool for School (28 Sep update)
« Reply #180 on: September 29, 2022, 03:38:23 PM »
How confusing for Blaze, Sunny & Cara to have their parents complicated relationship. I hope it doesn't impact on their own relationships. That thing with Tommy - v. awkward. I love the whole "don't touch my hands" during knitting! Way back in the stone-age, my then boyfriend got back with me by "teaching me guitar" - married nearly 40 years now :)

I like your side challenge. I thought about doing some in my NSB but then I got too impatient to start my Apocalypse. I'm planning to re-engage with it once you're well into your Pink gen btw.

How great that your then-ex-boyfriend lured you back by "teaching guitar," eventually becoming the love of your life. I hope you remind him of that episode today.
I know you mentioned earlier that you didn't enjoy writing around the NSB requirements but, for me, it's been an absolute blast trying to play around the quirky heir requirements.

Cara looked absolutely lovely (as usual) and it seems like she is, easily, the most successful heir so far.  I guess Blaze is doing ok too  ;=)
That silliness with the prom dates and such was pretty ridiculous in the most delightful of ways!  Of course, it should have been Cara that was prom royalty, so that was obviously rigged against her, but non-stop bad luck Sunny had was just amazing tragic humor!  That poor, poor guy!
And speaking of guys, the Papa D and Papa T drama just played out too perfectly.  The game jumping in to help with the back to back calls about a new friend and/or date?  Hilariously perfect!
And of course, the absolute best part of the update was easily the glorious shot of Cara  ;=)
Excellent work, Watcher!  Looking forward to reading what's next for this crew!
The High School Years pack's Prom Night rather forces us into finding possible love interests for our sims much sooner than the usual YA spouse hunt.
Of course, one option is to "Ask to Prom Night as Friends," but we might as well start scoping out the prospects, I guess.
Yes! I was so surprised by Damson's consecutive phone calls to Tuki! I felt as panicked as Tuki there, worrying that MC Command Center might marry him off to another sim! LOL
I'm glad you enjoyed that shot of Cara. Blaze knew you would!

It's sad to see Damson and Tuki apart, even though I know it's just part of the legacy requirements. I think it's interesting that you're doing some mini challenges on top of the berry stuff. You're really making a killing with those yard sales!
I also hate that Damson is living apart from his family now, though it seems he's not been completely idle.
Tuki has added Damson back into the family club to keep a closer eye on him. ;p

As for the mini challenge, first of all, I loved Robert DeNiro in his role as the young Vito Corleone in Godfather II. :D
Secondly, Blaze will eventually enter the Criminal/Boss career, so I thought he should have to prove himself before being accepted into organized crime, haha.
With the Marketable trait, a camping mascot sculpture is worth up to $4,500...that's a maximum $18,000 at 300% markup, though of course Blaze's mascots range from $2000 to $4500 in price.
He'll sell other stuff in the next update, but he plans to make time for other activities as well.
Also, Blaze's challenge would be so much harder if he were living alone. The usual Rags 2 Riches challenge (created by James Turner, I believe) wouldn't include family members contributing to household funds.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Bewitched Berries 6.28: We Want You Back (1 Oct update)
« Reply #181 on: October 01, 2022, 01:11:11 PM »
6.28: We Want Him Back

Week 28, Sunday (Year 2, 4th week of autumn)
Blaze: It's been great so far testing myself here in Evergreen Harbor.
But we all miss Papa Damson, though Papa Tuki won't admit it. From left to right:
Brother Sunny, yours truly with Sly, Papa Tuki, and sister Cara.

I considered selling my stuff at the Flea Market today, but I'm taking another day off
Yesterday, I indulged a guilty pleasure: baking!
Today, I'm working on my magic.
Grandpa Morgyn insists I need to reach Adept rank and I'm currently an Acolyte.

Something goes wrong while brewing a potion and I black out.
Coming to, I find Papa Damson passed out nearby.
It's terrifying to see him lying there like a corpse. We hate that he lives alone.
Papa D, your kids want you back!

I'd told Mai yesterday that I'd ask her out soon, but family comes first.
While Papa D orders for us, I wonder when I'll have time for a date with just the two of us.
The seating arrangements are not swell. Our dads are sitting far apart.
Sunny is also too far from Layton (in the leopard-print cap) to chat.

No problem for Sunny!
He gets up, gives Layton a first kiss, and asks him to be his boyfriend.
Then, he switches seats with Papa Tuki so now the seating's perfect!

Monday
Because I spent the afternoon reaching Adept rank, I start my yard sale late.
As an experiment, I give each customer a Friendly Intro before giving them a Sales Pitch.
I don't earn as much this way, but guess who's in range for Good Manners? Mwahahaha!

Tuesday
Morgyn: Thank you for the Potion of Rejuv and congratz on reaching Adept rank, Blaze.
Now, where are my son and my favorite ex-son-in-law Damson?
Blaze: Not sure exactly, but they did come with us to the Magical HQ.
I'm sure the two of them are around here somewhere.

Wednesday
Damson: Not to be that guy, Blaze, but you have well over $500k in household funds.
Why do you still live in such a dump?
Blaze: Sunny bought a Money Tree seed  last weekend, so we want to keep our micro home until it matures.
If it takes too long, we'll go ahead and renovate on Friday.

Damson: Honestly, I'm surprised that all three of you are aspiring Painter Extraordinaires.
Cara: It was Papa T's idea. And, thanks to our lilies, no more fishing for fertilizer.
Blaze: For me, it's a nice break from woodworking and yard sales.
I paint while listening to music, then sell paintings straight from inventory.

Damson (whispers): What the heck, guys?
Y'all gonna stand there and pretend Blaze's girlfriend ain't no stalker?
Tuki: What do you think, Damson? Should we go spouse-hunting for Blaze in Selvadorada?
Blaze: *sighs

Cara: Oh, Tommy! How sweet of you to stop by!
Tommy (waggles eyebrows): Wooni yaboo?
Cara: Yeah, uh, wooni whatever.  Wait up, where are you leading me, Tommy?
*she checks To-Do List on phone: (1) First kiss Tommy, (2) Ask Tommy to be boyfriend

Cara: Bbbuuttt, Tommy! We haven't even kissed yet!
Tommy: No worries, lovely Cara. We'll have all the time for that later.
Cara: …

Cara: Blaze, Sunny! Where's Papa T! I need to talk with him.
I just messed around with Tommy in a dumpster in some dark, dank alley!
Sunny: Wow, Cara. Even Blaze and I have never messed around yet.
Blaze: Papa T was here with Papa Damson a minute ago.
Sunny: That Tommy's such a sleaze. I'm sure our sensible Papa T can tell you how to handle him.

Blaze: I know it's been crazy around here lately, Sly.
But look! I learned to make you gourmet cat food, like I promised!
Sly: Ugh! This place is the worst! But this food is pretty yummy.

Thursday
Heather: How nice to finally meet my brother Damson's triplets. I moved out right before your birth.
Cara: It's nice to meet you, too, Auntie Heather. Is Uncle Jaxton here, too.
Heather: No, not today. By the way, did Damson and Tuki come along with you?
Cara: Yes, but they said they were stepping out for a stroll.

Later at the Rattlesnake Juice Bar
Tuki: Thank you, Tommy, for joining us here at the Rattle…
Damson: Let's cut to the chase. We've learned that you defiled our little girl.
Tommy: No, sir. I mean, we messed around a little, but we both…

Tuki: Uh huh, suuuure. What are your intentions toward Cara?
Tommy: Well, sir, we're both teens and I'm still in high school, so I was thinking…
Damson: Yes, that's exactly what we were thinking. You plan to marry Cara, right?
Tommy (gulps): Absolutely, sir.
Tuki: So glad we're all on the same page, Tommy. Leave all the planning to us!

Cara: I don't know where my parents ran into Tommy, but they bring him back to our house.
But as soon as the three of them arrive, Papa Tuki bakes a cake.
Then, Papa Damson tells Tommy and me to age up to young adults, which we do right away.
Next, Tommy proposes so fast, I never even had time to change out of my sportswear.
Yes, Tommy, yes!

Friday
Damson (whispers): They're getting married just in time!
Tuki (whispers back): I know, right? Cara is barely showing.
Damson: Our little Cara looks so beautiful. *sniffle, sniffle
Tuki: She's much too good for Tommy, but what can we do now? *grabs a hanky
Blaze: More importantly, what will Pippin say?

Blaze: I wonder why half our guests never showed up and look around the premises.
Great idea, latecomers. Watch the wedding through the windows!

Thankfully, everyone shows up to watch Cara and Tommy cut their wedding cake.
That's Tommy's mother on the left, dressed inappropriately in black (like Grandpa Morgyn).

Blaze: So many cool things happen today, including Cara's marriage to Tommy!
I end my last yard sale this morning with $565,334 in total sales. Challenge complete!
(We can expect Don Vito to get in touch again soon.)

Our money tree matures and our household funds currently exceed $1 million.
We're ready to renovate our crib, which will eventually become Cara's future home.
For now, she and Tommy will live at Journey's End, since Papa D's hardly ever there.
Last but definitely not least, I meet Great-Grandpa Weaver for the first time ever!

Saturday
Tuki (serenading): Oh baby, give me one more chance (To show you that I love you)
Won't you please let me (Back in your heart)
Oh darling, I was blind to let you go (Let you go, baby)
Yes, I do now (I want you back)
Ooh, ooh baby (I want you back)

Damson: Wow, how do you get that chorus effect?
Tuki: The other four Jacksons. *shrugs

Damson (singing): And if you ask me how I'm feeling,
Don't tell me you're too blind to see.
Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down.
Never gonna run around and desert you…

Tuki: Wait, have I just been rickrolled?
Damson: Um…
Tuki: Let's change to our formal wear and travel, Damson.

Damson: Oh, the Romance Festival! Do you remember six weeks ago, Tuki?
When we were teens and I asked you to be my boyfriend at the Romance Festival?
Tuki: How could I ever forget?

Tuki: Damson Berry, would you please re-marry me?
Damson: I thought you'd never ask!

Blaze: News flash!!! Papa T just phoned to say he and Papa D got married at the Romance Festival.
This means Papa D's completed his last requirement as the Gen5 heir!
This also means our Not So Berry Challenge has officially reached its halfway point.
Join us next time as I learn about my next steps under Don Vito's patronage.

Progress: End of Week 28
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
*Cara's marriage: Cara "borrowed" Tuki's club temporarily, which had woohoo as a club activity.
  That's no doubt why Tommy autonomously asked her to dumpster woohoo.
  Her plan was a First Kiss and Ask to Be Boyfriend, but Tommy had other plans.
  I wondered where Tommy was striding off to in such a hurry, lol.
*Gen6 spouse hunt?: Blaze is having second thoughts about his BFF and former Prom Date.
  Recently, she showed up at the house and asked Cara to be her BFF instead.
  Here are Blaze's teen options. They are the four cutest of his classmates.
  - Mai Kudo: Geek, Cat Lover (the stalker)
  - Mayra Hope: Mean, Neat (she once mocked Sunny's body hair)
  - Emi Ito: witch, Evil, Party Animal (my vote, but her traits would cause chaos)
  - Charley Hiddlestix: Squeamish, Vegetarian (stalks Blaze on Social Bunny, has pink sliver with Cara)
  Looks like the family should devote some time in the coming week for spouse hunting. Sound the horns!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Bewitched Berries 6.28: We Want You Back (1 Oct update)
« Reply #182 on: October 01, 2022, 06:16:53 PM »

Oh my gosh, I love that Cara and Tommy's dumpster mess around was autonomous: too funny!  ;D And Damson and Tuki followed suite; was that autonomous too? Nice to seem them get back together in the same spot they started.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #183 on: October 02, 2022, 01:35:14 AM »

Oh my gosh, I love that Cara and Tommy's dumpster mess around was autonomous: too funny!  ;D And Damson and Tuki followed suite; was that autonomous too? Nice to seem them get back together in the same spot they started.
I'd already had Tuki ask Damson to dumpster woohoo (it wasn't autonomous) when I noticed Cara had dropped First Kiss and Ask to Be Boyfriend from her queue, lol.
When I checked, Cara and Tommy were no longer in front of the house but walking off somewhere so I followed them. Silly sims!

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #184 on: October 02, 2022, 01:57:56 AM »
Mai is cute but Blaze really loved her he would have prioritised their relationship. I don't blame her for asking Cara to be BFFs instead. I think she'd be happier with someone else.
As Coral Odrade is now off the table  ;) I think he can find a better match than the current contenders.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #185 on: October 02, 2022, 11:04:54 AM »
Tommy had better treat her like an absolute princess or my Simself will be coming after him (with Legolas and Gimli)!
An excellent update and the musical romancing was hilarious!  "The other four Jacksons," "Rickrolled."  Amazing!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #186 on: October 02, 2022, 07:27:44 PM »
Mai is cute but Blaze really loved her he would have prioritised their relationship. I don't blame her for asking Cara to be BFFs instead. I think she'd be happier with someone else.
As Coral Odrade is now off the table  ;) I think he can find a better match than the current contenders.
I re-enabled Autonomous Relationships and the constant asking to be BFFs is annoying, I admit. Saying "no" can completely tank a friendship.
But the BFF requests are random and based on very little friendship, rather than any gameplay choices of my sims or me.
Example: The first time Sunny asked his romantic interest Layton over to the house, the first thing Layton did was ask Blaze to be BFFs, lol.
Then there was the elderly Sage of Mischief Magic who spammed the entire household with BFF requests, lol.
You will happy to know that (spoiler) Blaze did find "someone." *winks

Tommy had better treat her like an absolute princess or my Simself will be coming after him (with Legolas and Gimli)!
An excellent update and the musical romancing was hilarious!  "The other four Jacksons," "Rickrolled."  Amazing!
Some simmers are really talented at writing up their engaged sims' marital vows.
Myself, I can never write romantic scenes without some irony or it feels totally sappy to me.   Because I don't read romance novels?
I'm glad you thought that scene was funny. I love that Jackson 5 song and Rick Astley has a great voice.

As for Cara, she had a little boy that the game named (groan) Larry.
She's considering renaming the boy Pippin once he ages up to a toddler, but that will depend on whether someone's simself is still in the Gallery. *coughs

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #187 on: October 03, 2022, 02:14:11 AM »
The BFF thing can be annoying but I'm currently finding it useful as the 10 hour +happy buff it gives is one of the few long lasting ones I can give my Apocalypse sims to get them those all-important promotions. With only 2 in the household, they accept outside requests and then recommit to each other before work. (They're not currently allowed a wedding arch to renew vows)
I also love Rick Astley's voice - fond memories of our first trip to the States when Never Gonna Give You Up was being played everywhere (1988).

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #188 on: October 03, 2022, 02:34:31 PM »
But this is a Not So Berry Challenge, not the startup of an Apocalypse Challenge so, for me, the constant requests for BFFs, is beyond annoying. 
I've had the same sim span two BFF requests in a row.
Relationships can drop from Friend to zero after a declined request, which is a sad thing for in-laws and other friends of the family.
I'd re-enabled Relationships Autonomy because the prom invites from classmates are fun, but I'll perhaps disable it (again).

Just a heads-up for whenever you resume your NSB, in case you're using Rakshasims' NSB spreadsheet. (If not, you can ignore this spoiler, hehe)

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #189 on: October 03, 2022, 03:05:50 PM »
But this is a Not So Berry Challenge, not the startup of an Apocalypse Challenge so, for me, the constant requests for BFFs, is beyond annoying. 
I've had the same sim span two BFF requests in a row.
Relationships can drop from Friend to zero after a declined request, which is a sad thing for in-laws and other friends of the family.
I'd re-enabled Relationships Autonomy because the prom invites from classmates are fun, but I'll perhaps disable it (again).

Just a heads-up for whenever you resume your NSB, in case you're using Rakshasims' NSB spreadsheet. (If not, you can ignore this spoiler, hehe)
Thanks - I'll look into that soon :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Bewitched Berries 6.29: Thug Life (4 Oct update)
« Reply #190 on: October 04, 2022, 02:59:51 PM »
6.29: Thug Life

Week 29, Sunday (Year 2, 1st week of winter)
Blaze: Papa D looks super happy about being back with Papa T again.
We've transformed our former shack into a family home.
It even has a chicken coop for Cara's hubby Tommy, who's an Animal Enthusiast.
From left to right, that's me, Papa Damson with Sly, Papa Tuki, and brother Sunny.

:
Before we get into this week's events, I want to share some news from last night.
After our fathers married at the Romance Festival, Sunny and I went to consult the Love Guru.
She predicted a back massage in Tommy's future. Huh, not helpful at all.
Then she threw some shade at my relationship with Mai. I realize that Mai was never The One.

We're leaving Pugilock Manor ready for Cara and her little family to move in.
It's not a luxurious home, but it's has everything an eco-conscious family of four could want.
Let's relocate the chicken coop to add a pool to the backyard.
Eco-freaks be like, "We love swimming!," right?

As expected, I find a letter from Don Vito in our mailbox in the afternoon.
I guess he's not a big fan of texting? Anyway, he gives me the green light to age up.
Sunny and his boyfriend Layton join me in aging up to young adults.
I can't wait for Sunny to get hitched and pregnant, so I suggest Sunny ask Layton to move in.

The Don's letter also comes with a photo of my new crib at 19 Culpepper House.
Apparently, it’s a Needs TLC apartment, so its initial deposit ($550) and weekly rent ($600) are extremely low.
The original place has 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, and furnishings worth $18,335.

While we're packing, Watcher dashes over to renovate the apartment in shades of orange.
Its deposit and weekly rent remain the same, but its layout and décor have changed considerably.
It now has 3 bedrooms and 1.5 bathrooms, with furnishings worth $81,975.
For now, I'll stash the stuff crammed into the pink nursery in family inventory.

It's been such a long day, but I want to start working toward becoming a Public Enemy.
You see, two sims who dislike me are elders now, so I'm running out of time with them.
I fight and declare my enemies first Nalani the mermaid and then Aiden Lothario.
Aiden: I don't deserve this! Your grandmother Koa asked me to the prom then broke my heart!

Monday
Blaze: I know Papa Damson and Papa Tuki want to stay and help raise my future toddlers.
What are your plans with Layton, Sunny?
Sunny: We'll leave after we get married somewhere pretty and I'm eating for two.
Blaze: Just so you know, though, I need this morning for fights and declaring enemies..

I travel to Sulani to drop in on my former neighbors, the Ngatas.
Roger Ngata and his sister MacKenzie still dislike me.
I never realized Ahmed Vatore is Roger's husband.
Anyway, I declare the Ngata siblings my enemies. And fight all three of them.

In the afternoon, our household travels to Tartosa where Sonny and Layton exchange their vows.
I invite along a former schoolmate.
Papa T and Papa D shed tears throughout the ceremony.

Blaze: Let me introduce Imane from Copperdale High. I ran into her yesterday while shopping at Finchwick.
Tuki: An Art Lover and Music Lover! You have great traits (so far), Imane.
Layton: But she's still in high school!
Blaze: Hey, we were teens until yesterday, too. Imane, how would you like to age up, bestie?

Damson (whispers): Go ahead and ask her to move in, son!
Blaze (whispers): Do you mind? I'd like to romance her a bit and get engaged first!
Tuki (whispers): Fine. We'll throw a Wednesday wedding. You have 1-1/2 days to woo Imane!
Imane: What's everyone whispering about?

Tuesday
Blaze: By Tuesday afternoon, Imane accepts my proposal and joins our household.
Perfect timing, too, because tonight's my first day of work!
Papa Tuki has already baked a wedding cake and made Imane's wedding bouquet.
Imane can start planning our wedding with Papa T while I'm working.

Wednesday
At 2 am, I return home with a promotion to Minor Crime Lord (Level 5).
Fear me, fear my cat. Ain't that right, Sly?
Watcher: Not sure why Blaze is frowning but his expression is perfect.  ;D
In fact, all three couples in the household are feeling Very Flirty. Darn Sentiments!!

Later that morning, Sly ages up to an elderly cat.
I crafted a few Age-Down Treats myself last week and give one to Sly right away.
In other news, Sunny, his 2nd-trimester baby bump, and Layton move back to Journey's End.
With their arrival, Cara and her "herd" (Tommy and their Caraboo) move back to Pugilock Manor.
(Note: Caraboo/caribou pun courtesy of the always-witty Pippin. Thank you, friend!)

Whispering…
Tuki: Don't look now but Imane is walking down the aisle with her stepfather.
Damson: Why are we whispering?
Tuki: He looks so familiar. Wasn't he in your dance crew for that Pan Europa gig?
Damson: Um, maybe, I dunno. I wasn't there to socialize, you know.

Blaze: Great-Grandpa Weaver passed away the day after Cara's wedding.
So I'd asked Great-Grandma Audrina to be our Officiant instead.
After waiting 2 hours for her to show up, we give up and exchange vows without an Officiant.
Did I mention that Imane looks positively stunning in that lacey, orange gown?

Tuki: Psst, Damson! That man on the left in the hat…isn't he?
Damson: That's Ronnie, the son of my sister Heather.
Tuki: That's not what I mean. He was one of the dancers that night, too!
Damson: Can we forget about that night and simply enjoy Blaze and Imane's wedding?
Aren't you thrilled that we're getting ever closer to our Big Happy Family?

Imane; Right after Sunny and Layton moved out this morning, Blaze and I tried for baby.
But I have yet to take a pregnancy test.
So, once I finish that cake bit with Blaze, I run off to the…ladies' room.
According to my test results, I'm eating for two!

Thursday
Blaze: Cara stops by this morning to thank us for sprucing up Pugilock Manor for her family.
Their son, Larry, is now a toddler.
Also, she and Tommy are expecting another Caraboo shortly. Their herd multiplies!
(Oops, I left the rightmost wall lamp out of place while rearranging the terrace earlier.)

Papa D and I depart for a secret mission, leaving Papa T and Imane at home.
Aiden Lothario won't come to the park at my invite, so Papa D invites him instead.

Aiden: A present for me? What is it? How did you know that I love orchiiiiidddsss….aarrgh!
Blaze: Scented with Death Flower. Sorry, Aiden, but it's nuthin' but a G thang.
Grim: Cold.

Friday
Imane: Are you sure this much physical activity is safe for the baby, Papa Tuki?
I just entered my third trimester, you know!
Tuki: The treadmill is taboo but you can absolutely use the punching bag and weight machines!
And you'll eventually want to get the Long-Lived trait that Blaze earned today.
Watcher: An ironic comment on what pregnant sims can and can't do at the gym.

Blaze: Just between you and me, Papa D, do you miss being a professional dancer?
Damson: Ssssh, not so loud! I only had that one gig, which led to Papa T dumping me, so…
Blaze: Your life isn't very exciting these days, but are you happy?
Damson: Yes, thanks for asking. I'm a gentleman of leisure and soon-to-be full-time grandpa.

Saturday
Imane: So, the largest and smallest bedrooms both have mouseholes.
Are we giving up our orange bedroom to our brood, Blaze?
Damson: How many days until your Adult birthday, son?
Blaze: Only 2-1/2 more weeks. I say we risk covering the mouseholes with furniture.
Imane: Oooooh, living dangerously!

Blaze: In the late afternoon, Imane and I become the parents of twins.
Tuki: I made two baby onesies for you weeks and weeks ago, Blaze, when we still lived in Sulani.
Please let me put them on! Please!
Imane: Awwww, how adorable, Papa T! Pink-and-white onesies for the pink generation!

Blaze: Join us next time for Imane's perspective, the twins' names, and the usual toddler spam!

Progress: End of Week 29

Notes
*19 Culpepper Reno: This isn't the first time I've rearranged an apartment's layout.
  And I've played a casual save before in this apartment but got bored after a few sim-weeks.
  So far, only 2 electrical issues and 1 rat; we've yet to complain to the landlord.
  The household usually spends many of the daylight hours away from home.
  We are counting the days until Blaze et al. can move out.

*Imane's hair color: I didn't deliberately change the color during her makeover.
  But I see now that it went from medium-brown to black while she tried different hairstyles in CAS.
  I was puzzled that she looked "sterner" after her makeover but didn't notice the hair color until I was proofreading this update.
  I'll change it back to brown before the next update.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Bewitched Berries 6.29: Thug Life (4 Oct update)
« Reply #191 on: October 04, 2022, 04:30:22 PM »

(*chanting*) Toddler spam! Toddler spam!

Not that I even like them in real life, but Blaze's kids have got to be adorable, right? Obviously the Love Guru was misguided. A back massage? Don't make any plans? I really should visit her more often, because those tidbits were gold!  :P

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #192 on: October 04, 2022, 05:09:15 PM »
Good luck in the TLC apartment - it's not my favourite challenge, especially with kids.

The nooboos look adorable in their custom onesies - great choice for their Mum.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #193 on: October 04, 2022, 05:56:11 PM »

(*chanting*) Toddler spam! Toddler spam!

Not that I even like them in real life, but Blaze's kids have got to be adorable, right? Obviously the Love Guru was misguided. A back massage? Don't make any plans? I really should visit her more often, because those tidbits were gold!  :P

Haha, same here about toddlers in real life.  But every toddler in The Sims 4 is adorable, right?
Yeah, the Love Guru is always ridiculous. I hope your sims will give her a whirl soon!

Good luck in the TLC apartment - it's not my favourite challenge, especially with kids.

The nooboos look adorable in their custom onesies - great choice for their Mum.

Thanks for chiming in about the Needs TLC apartment.
Now that you're in the midst of your Apocalypse Challenge, I felt like it would be wimpy of me (haha, reminds me of Popeye) to moan and groan about living there.
It hasn't been bad so far in terms of apartment issues, but it's too cramped for raising toddlers, though I did manage to squeeze the tent and slide into one room each.
Luckily for everyone, both Desert Bloom Park and the Journey's End house are equipped with the toddler's outdoor playthings.
So that's where the toddlers will go during the day, I guess.  ;)

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #194 on: October 05, 2022, 07:02:40 AM »
Awww, you used the horrible pun I made!  I'm glad you liked it  :=)
Another lovely update and a nice, swanky apartment to boot!  Of course, I'm also delighted that Cara and the crew have such a lovely place to stay.  Not that I have a favorite, but I do and it's Cara  ;=)
And of course, I now have "Nuthin' but a G Thang" stuck in my head. 
Another excellent update, Watcher, and like everyone else, I'm very excited to meet the pink generation!