Author Topic: Bewitched Berries Epilogue: An Embarrassment of...Berries [Completed 14 Mar '23]  (Read 89827 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Bewitched Berries 8.41: Chillin' with Nez (30 Nov update)
« Reply #315 on: December 01, 2022, 01:48:33 PM »
Jade makes so much sense to me!  Socially awkward gamer geek?  Umm, yeah!
I think that Nez should absolutely move out with her since she is not getting either of her siblings as a support sim.  An emotional support dog would be the perfect choice for our little green-haired girl  :=)
I really enjoyed how Ben was so conscious of the fact that Jade got more attention because she had more responsibilities as the heir and was fine with it.  He's logical, and I appreciate that about him!
Thanks for doing the collages so we could see the kids side by side to do our own comparisons of the similarities.  They definitely kept a strong resemblance, but didn't quite stay identical  ;=)  Jade definitely stood out as the most distinctive-looking, in my opinion, so I can totally understand why you chose her as heir!  And yes, she's lovely, but all three are definitely lovely/handsome Sims, so there was really no "wrong answer" here  ;=)
Gamer geek with social anxiety? Yep, I've been there, too!
Thanks for your vote of confidence about Nez moving with Jade. I love your rationale that Nez could offer emotional support since her siblings chose not to join her adventure as the next heir.
As for Ben, he's a smart kid and definitely appreciates not having to grind for requirements day in and day out. Besides, he has his own agenda which doesn't include raising someone else's children.
Regarding the collages, I was also super curious how the three kids would grow up since they looked like identical triplets as toddlers.
As much as I loved Djavan and his son Taro, their facial features didn't work that well for female sims. I favor Jade because, among the three kids, she looks most like their mother Hitomi.
She looks a little innocent but also a bit pouty at the same time.

All of the teens are just stunning - love the freckles! Is Jade gaining charisma by talking to the light projector?? If so, this is news to me! How strange that Selena is still a teen.
Sorry for the misleading screenshot of Jade leveling her Charisma.  She's actually standing in front of a mirror placed on the back wall of the house.
The "Let There Be Light! Laser Show" objects provides a Fun +5 moodlet, so I placed it next to Jade while she talked and told stories to herself for hour after hour.
And, yes, we've been lucky about the freckles being passed down over the generations!
As for Selena, yes, how strange that Taro's half-sister Selena is now the same age as the twins, Ben and Jade!
Could Selena have stumbled across the Fountain of Youth?

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #316 on: December 02, 2022, 10:18:47 AM »
I'm so glad the Detective career went well - I haven't played that since it came out, and it was so buggy back then that I abandoned it and never went back. But now I may have to try it. Should there be a Big Dream centered around that?

Your heirs are all so attractive, but I do really love Jade's hair and eyes. I'm looking forward to your experience playing a socially awkward Sim and wondering what that trait will mean for her. And I vote Yes for Nez going with Jade - he's too precious and fun to not have in the main storyline!

Lastly, good riddance to Kenta Ota! What a jerk!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #317 on: December 02, 2022, 10:50:17 AM »
I'm so glad the Detective career went well - I haven't played that since it came out, and it was so buggy back then that I abandoned it and never went back. But now I may have to try it. Should there be a Big Dream centered around that?

Your heirs are all so attractive, but I do really love Jade's hair and eyes. I'm looking forward to your experience playing a socially awkward Sim and wondering what that trait will mean for her. And I vote Yes for Nez going with Jade - he's too precious and fun to not have in the main storyline!

Lastly, good riddance to Kenta Ota! What a jerk!
I really enjoyed playing the Detective career after such a long while. Yes, the last six cases involve doing the same activities but they each take the Detective to different crime scenes and APB destinations, where existing or newly-spawned sims appear as witnesses or suspects. And it's possible to solve one case per workday by working late.
That late shifts adversely affected the first child's toddler skilling.  Still Taro and I enjoyed his detective stint.
As for a Detective BD, you could try the career again in a test file and see for yourself?

Thanks for the kind words about Jade. She's the cutest female Berry in the bunch, imho. Taro appreciates your Nez vote. He's slowly convincing Jade that Nez would be an asset by her side.
I'd never had that cheating text before. I wonder if it's from my Woohoo Wellness mod? Haha

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Bewitched Berries 9.42: If He Wants to Find Me, He Will
« Reply #318 on: December 03, 2022, 09:05:52 PM »
9.42: If He Wants to Find Me, He Will

Week 42 Sunday (2nd week of autumn, Y3)
Jade: Ben and I aged up to teens yesterday, so now's my time to shine as the Gen9 Berry heir!
Our older sister Em moved out after we aged up, so we're a household of five. From left to right:
"Mr. Personality" Nez, my brother Ben, Mama Hitomi, Papa Taro, and me.

After I finish my club and job tasks, I go with the family to visit Great-Grandpa Blaze.
He lives in a swanky villa on The Pinnacles with his wife, my grandfathers, and an extensive library of magical tomes.
So, yeah, we're here so I can learn spells and potions.
That's what being a Bewitched Berry heir is all about, right?

I read and Ben goes on space missions, while Papa and Nez go for a stroll.
Check out Papa walking on the sidewalk with Nez walking beside him but on the wall.
That luxury mansion beyond the palm trees belongs to Morgyn Ember, Sage of Untamed Magic.
He's Great-Grandpa Blaze's grandpa, making him my great-great-great-grandpa. Is that right?

In the late afternoon, we leave for the Magical HQ.
That's when our day begins to go downhill.
Papa says that Sage of Untamed Magic is not our relative, Morgyn Ember. Where'd he go?
Next, we return home to see our replacement butler, Kenta Ota, running toward our house.

Papa yells at Kenta for being a no-good liar, then fires him.
As if we'd ever want that sleazeball klepto working in our home!

Monday
Jade: Papa phones the butler service to hire a new butler. Oh joy, Magnus is back!
But we can't stay home all the time in fear that he'll be replaced again!
My brother Ben claims to have the perfect solution.  Really?

Ben: After Jade and I bring home As, I graduate early and age up.
As a young adult, I can put the moves on Magnus at last!
Turns out he's not as reserved as he seems.
Check out unflirty Magnus, closing in for an autonomous kiss!
Don't you believe for a minute that I'm simply taking advantage of the help!

I've adored Magnus since I was a kid. Uh, was that last week?
Anyway, I don't know the Butler Agency's rules, so I fire Magnus before proposing, just in case.
Once he moves in, we…well, what we do after that is none of your business, okay?

Tuesday
Jade: I'm not comfortable around lots of new people, so attending high school is a big deal for me.
Making an effort to be sociable, I introduce myself to the boy standing next to me.
All I remember afterward is that his name's Isaac.

All four students on the left side of the classroom, including me, are in the Computer Club.
That blond girl is my club rival, supposedly.

The three cutest boys in the school are in the other classroom.
The middle blond in the vest doesn't count, since he's a Berry Boi.
Checking my family tree, I learn that Trent is Great-Grandpa Blaze's grand-nephew.
I look at a few more genealogy charts but can't figure out how Trent and I are related.

Today, I realize Nez has been with Papa longer than any of us, even Mama.
Those two are so close, yet Papa asks if I'd take Nez with me when I eventually move out.
I'm surprised Papa would ask that so soon after my teen birthday.
He asked early, I guess, to give Nez and I time to get to know each other

Ben and Magnus elope tonight, making Magnus officially my brother-in-law.
For their honeymoon, they're just fishing together at home. They seem so content.
Ben's happy to always be around Magnus.
Magnus loves being part of our family. He's lived alone for years, he says.

Wednesday
I don't know what's come over me this morning.
Idiotically, I confess to Isaac that I'm socially awkward. Why would I do that?
For some reason, I think he's going to tell me it's okay or something.
Instead, he changes the subject. Does that mean he thinks I'm weird?

Ever since noticing I can exchange Romantic socials with Trent, I've been avoiding him.
I mean, that's not his fault, but it makes me uncomfortable anyway.
Having a quick lunch with him today makes me feel less anxious.
I'd thought he would be stuck-up and full of himself, but he's pretty chill.

Thursday
Another action-packed day, which includes Career Day.
Pretty sure I'll max Computer Club after the next Monday's meeting.
Maxing Computer Club has one cool reward (the gold laptop) and one totally useless reward.
Like, I'm already L9 Programming from doing the club's Advancement Tasks everyday
Who needs a reward trait for learning Programming faster? *rolls eyes

I'd thought Ben was getting chubby because Magnus has been spoiling him with his cooking.
Nope, my brother is undeniably pregnant. Everyone's happy about it except me.
Why couldn't Ben wait until I finished school and moved out?
Life in our household will be so different with babies. I refuse to help with babysitting!

Jade: So you're staying with Sage Morgyn on a Spellcaster Exchange Program? How cool!
Isaac: Yeah, I'm enjoying it so far, but Sage Morgyn's hardly ever home.
I appreciate you inviting me along for your family's barbecue at the park.
Jade: You're my good friend and that's what good friends do, right?
Isaac: Still, it's nice of you and your family to include me.

Jade: Hey, I haven't had time to study for tomorrow's Exam Day, so I'm gonna cut school.
You feel like hanging out?
Isaac: Count me in! I haven't really seen much of this world besides the school and Magic HQ.
Jade: Nice! I'll text you when I'm near your house tomorrow around 8 am.

Friday
I take Isaac to the snowy slopes of Mt. Komorebi where we go sledding together. What a blast!
In between runs, Isaac starts something which I can't help but finishing.
Got me a boyfriend, too!

After hours of sledding, we take our sore muscles to the onsen to relax and unwind.
I might have gotten a little carried away with the unwinding part. *coughs

I arrive home around 4, pretending like I'm back from school.
A few hours later, Ben gives birth to a little boy.
In honor of Benjamin's name, Magnus names their son Franc as in Swiss Franc.
I'm so relieved! I was worried they'd take all the good "Gen10 Blue" names!

Saturday
Jade: Thanks for meeting me here, Isaac. We need to talk.
I was brewing potions this morning and got hit by the Curse of Uncleansable Stench.
So, I'm seeking a cure in my parents' room when I come across one of Mama's pregnancy tests.
I think to myself, "Why not?"  But guess what, Isaac? *shares the big news

Isaac: Noooo, Jade! What about your future and my scholarship? What are you going to do?
Jade: Oh, not "we," huh? Well, I'm going home now to tell my parents.
Thought you might wanna know you're gonna to be a father next week. *walks out

Jade: *shares the big news with Papa Taro
Taro: It can't be true, Jade! You're my little baby girl.  You're breaking my heart!

Taro: Did you even stop and think for a minute before messing around with that kid?
Don't you think I'm already enough of a laughingstock around here, Jade?
My elderly first wife mysteriously dies then I marry the surrogate mother.
Your brother Ben marries our butler and has recently given birth to a boy.

And now you! You and that boy hardly know each other!
Can you count on that boy to help out? Will he stay with you?
I'm sorry, Jade, but I won't have you living under my roof!
Here's a little cash to start out, but that's all the support I have to offer. *hands Jade $3,765

Jade: Great-Grandpa, it's me Jade. I'm at Ward Park and I really need your help.
Papa kicked me out of the house for getting pregnant. I'm at the park with Nez.
Blaze: Don't move, sweetheart. I'll be right there!
What about the baby daddy? Did you tell him? Will he be joining you?
Jade: He knows but I didn't ask him for anything. Besides, he's staying with Sage Morgyn.
If Isaac wants to find me, he will walk across the street and ask you. He knows I'm close to you.

Blaze: I have an idea where you can initially stay, Jade. It's not much but you'll have privacy.
It's tucked away in the mountains, so I'll drive you there myself. Ready?

Gallery Download
*Kiyomatsu Point (50x50): "Yukimatsu Onsen" by Yukihiyo6121.
  By the same simmer who built "Slum Street" which I used previously.
  @Rhoxi You and your sims will love this build! ;)

Progress: End of Week 42

Residence: Vacuous Green, Mirage Park (Del Sol Valley)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Residence: (find out next time)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notes
*Magjamin-boos: I opted for same-sex pregnancy instead of surrogacy.
  A surrogate mother wouldn't allow the mix of both Magnus and Ben's genes.
  Ben's a spare so it's just a bit of fun that doesn't affect the main challenge.

*Curse of Uncleansable Stench: Jade got cursed while brewing potions.
   I'd never experienced this curse before, so I initially thought it was a mod-related issue.
   (I'd had other issues today with mods not working together.)
   After 3 showers and a bath, she still was grungy, so I checked her magic panel. Yep, cursed.
   The curse was easily fixed by buying a Curse Cleansing Potion from the reward shop.

*Pre-Prom Party invite: Jade is 'sposed to accept every invite but she missed this.
  After Taro's Kick Out social, the Split Household and Move menu popped out for Jade.
  That's when she also got a Pre-Prom Party Invite from Trent Berry.
  While I was wondering if partying would stop Jade from getting kicked out later, the invite vanished.
  I'm a loser. :(

*$3,765: Haha, it seems like a random amount, doesn't it?
  It's exactly the price of Jade's destination lot.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
Re: Bewitched Berries 9.42: If He Wants to Find Me, He Will (3 Dec update)
« Reply #319 on: December 04, 2022, 01:13:57 AM »
Oh! Ben gets his Magnus after all! I'm so happy for them! I'm glad you went for the same-sex pregnancy - can't wait to see the little Magjamin-boo as a toddler/child/teen.

Jade is really a beautiful Sim, and she seems to be really having fun with Isaac. I sure hope he does right by her!

I have to say, I'm a little disappointed in Taro . . . for not being more understanding and  . . . kind . . . but, if it puts Jade close to Isaac and brings Blaze more in the story . . . then it's not so bad.  ;)

I must say I am so jealous of your mods! I couldn't play the BDD without going for HoF, but I am looking forward to doing something next that allows some of the fun gameplay your story features.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Jade moves forward . . . I know she will be successful at whatever she does.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #320 on: December 04, 2022, 02:15:49 AM »
Is the teen pregnancy a mod? How exciting!
Isaacs has got to do some serious atonement if he wants anything to do with the baby! No support=no relationship!
Did Jade steal Nez? Did his innate protector-trait kick in or has Taro sent him in loco parents?
So much drama. So many questions!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #321 on: December 04, 2022, 02:26:02 AM »

Thank you for the @; I do love that lot and was wondering what it was! Huzzah for Ben and Magnus, but what drama for Jade! You've got me trying out mods these days.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #322 on: December 04, 2022, 08:34:31 AM »
Oh! Ben gets his Magnus after all! I'm so happy for them! I'm glad you went for the same-sex pregnancy - can't wait to see the little Magjamin-boo as a toddler/child/teen.

Jade is really a beautiful Sim, and she seems to be really having fun with Isaac. I sure hope he does right by her!

I have to say, I'm a little disappointed in Taro . . . for not being more understanding and  . . . kind . . . but, if it puts Jade close to Isaac and brings Blaze more in the story . . . then it's not so bad.  ;)

I must say I am so jealous of your mods! I couldn't play the BDD without going for HoF, but I am looking forward to doing something next that allows some of the fun gameplay your story features.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Jade moves forward . . . I know she will be successful at whatever she does.
It's funny to see Magnus running around in a Hawaiian shirt in hot weather instead of his butler outfit, but he and Ben are really happy together.
The household didn't need a butler after the toddlers aged up, but Magnus was such a character and so efficient!

In Taro's defense, after Jade shared the big news, Taro got a popup prompting him to choose between being supportive or not.
Maybe I'll choose the "Be accepting and supportive" option in another save...

Is the teen pregnancy a mod? How exciting!
Isaacs has got to do some serious atonement if he wants anything to do with the baby! No support=no relationship!
Did Jade steal Nez? Did his innate protector-trait kick in or has Taro sent him in loco parents?
So much drama. So many questions!
Jade's circumstances required the combined use of two different mods. Took me awhile to get their settings right to work together correctly.
As for Isaac, who is Jade's BFF and boyfriend, Jade could've phoned him right away and asked him to move in.  But we want to wait and see if Isaac reaches out first.
Jade may be socially awkward, but she has some pride, y'know?
After being kicked out, Jade immediately and automatically got the Split and Move Household menu which pre-placed her in a separate household.
I moved Nez into her household and transferred $3,765 so she can buy the intended lot.
In hindsight, I regret Jade didn't transfer $20k; it's not like Taro would miss $20k.  Hmmm, maybe Blaze could help out?

Thank you for the @; I do love that lot and was wondering what it was! Huzzah for Ben and Magnus, but what drama for Jade! You've got me trying out mods these days.
Yukihiyo's onsen build really suits your Dojo-Goode sims' style, but your Alvahs would enjoy it just as much!
Haha, yes, Ben captures the heart of his youthful obsession and Magnus finds a home of his very own. :D
Let me know if you find any interesting mods that you love!  I couldn't install the SimDa Dating app because it conflicts with Jade's current situation.
I don't have a very powerful computer so I don't use a lot of mods simultaneously, but I'm okay with that.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #323 on: December 04, 2022, 10:20:14 AM »
Poor Jade!!  Taro was just harsh.  Momo would have never acted that way  ;=)
OK, Momo praise aside, I'm looking forward to seeing the Jadeboo!  And this isolated location Blaze found?  Definitely intrigued by that!
I enjoy how Jade's social awkwardness plays out as just plunging assertively forward  :=)  She's rather delightful!
And yes, Ben and Magnus are adorable together.  I also enjoyed the whole "I loved him ever since I was a child which was...last week?"  Nice!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #324 on: December 04, 2022, 11:01:15 AM »
Poor Jade!!  Taro was just harsh.  Momo would have never acted that way  ;=)
OK, Momo praise aside, I'm looking forward to seeing the Jadeboo!  And this isolated location Blaze found?  Definitely intrigued by that!
I enjoy how Jade's social awkwardness plays out as just plunging assertively forward  :=)  She's rather delightful!
And yes, Ben and Magnus are adorable together.  I also enjoyed the whole "I loved him ever since I was a child which was...last week?"  Nice!
Jade was Taro's baby girl so Taro lashed out and was excessively harsh. Mostly, he's disappointed because all his parental expectations were riding on Jade.
His other two kids finished high school but have never worked a day in their lives.
As for Momo, she has triplets so I wish she'd stop her frequent phoning to ask about trying for baby, LOL!

Even tho' Jade's socially awkward, she's fine around people with whom she feels close.
But there are a few situations where she simply must take a stand, including:
*making sure her boyfriend doesn't abandon her at the onsen to run off to football practice
*being honest with her parents about what's up.

It gets really awkward trying to play out and write about romantic developments when our sims grow up so fast with early age-ups, haha.
I was about to describe Benjamin's lifelong adoration for Magnus then realized that 9-10 days before marrying him, Ben was still a toddler. Yep, awkward!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Bewitched Berries 9.43: Stewing in Bitterness?
« Reply #325 on: December 05, 2022, 11:56:08 PM »
9.43: Stewing in Bitterness?

After discovering I'm pregnant Saturday, I tell first my boyfriend Isaac and then Papa.
Papa kicks me out of the house with only $3,765 to my name.
But Great-Grandpa Blaze drives me to this empty lot in a former logging settlement.
When he leaves at 5pm, I sell my meager belongings to buy a tent and a kibble feeder.
(Never scoff at school projects! A new one sells for $100 and a completed one sells for $80!)
Um, it's all a bit overwhelming, but let's DO this!

Week 43, Sunday (3rd week of autumn, Y3)
I haven't decided how I'm going to earn coin yet, so I go fishing at nearby Lunvik Lake.
Of all the folks who might visit, who should show up but Grandpa Djavan!
He acts as if nothing has happened, which I really need today.
He even mentors me in fishing a little while.

When I tell Grandpa that I'd never been to our family museum in Newcrest, he takes me there.
Finally, I have a chance to display my collection of Voidcritter cards!

I feel bad that I can't entertain Grandpa Djavan, since I can't even afford a grill yet.
So I invite him over to the local bar and treat him to a drink (which costs $100 I can't spare).
My location isn't as remote as I'd hoped, since Benjamin and Magnus show up at the bar.
Also, the Sage of Practical Mage texts me, trying to shame me for being pregnant.
If I didn't need her to teach me spells, I'd choose her for one of my five enemies.  Hmmph!.

Monday
Today, I skip school but go to my Streamer job and Computer Club meeting.
Yay! I've maxed out the Computer Club and, more importantly, become a Highflier!

After graduating early, I realize I have only $394 to provide for my baby who arrives tomorrow.
Selling everything I don't need, I have enough to buy a vendor table and craft some camping mascots.
Off I go to use the woodworking table at San Myshuno's Art Gallery.

Armed with 3 camping mascots and a time capsule, I set up shop in the Spice Market.
It's a lively spot with its food stalls, karaoke bar, and busking station.
At 300% mark up, I make a little over $34,000. Time to go home and get a house built for two!
As much as I love being a Streamer, I'm quitting that job. It only pays $61/hour!

During a long overdue walk with Nez, I wonder if Isaac forgot that I'm giving birth tomorrow.
Sure, he adds silly emojis to my posts on Social Bunny, but he hasn't messaged me.
If only Isaac would text or phone me.
There! I sent him a Flirty message on Social Bunny!

Tuesday
Jade: After having the house built, I furnish it, buy all the toddler stuff, and still have $14k left.
Remind me why I didn't just move somewhere warmer with all that cash.
Watcher: You're lying low and saving cash to move somewhere both warmer and more blingy.
Jade:  But would me and my kid fit into a hood like that?
Watcher: Stop worrying about fitting in and just be yourself, girl.

Jade: I'm sitting on the 2nd-floor patio and trying to finish my first mobile app.
I'm not really the outdoorsy type, but the view from here is nice.
There's Lunvik Lake over there on the other side of the bar.
I wonder if Nez can climb the stairs up here?

Why did I bother bringing Nez's bed from Papa's house?
As soon as Nez discovers the new sofa, he owns it.
I bet he misses living in a big household where someone was always free to play with him.

Nez: Pssh, it takes Jade awhile but she finally figures out the "pet bed algorithm."
If there's my bed and a couch in an empty room, I choose the couch. It's comfier..
If there's my pet bed near Jade and a couch in another room, I choose my bed.
Jade has a lot to learn, but she shows some potential.

Jade: When I suddenly go into labor, I swallow my pride and invite Isaac over.

Jade: What is your problem, Isaac? Why haven't you contacted me?
Isaac: I'm still resentful that you never invited me to Prom! I've never been, you know.
Jade: You want to stew in your bitterness when you could've invited me yourself?
I couldn't have gone anyway. I was busy getting kicked out of the house by my father.
Isaac: Oh.

Jade: I'm sorry I didn't invite you to prom (though you didn't invite me, either). *internal eye roll
I asked you over here because I've gone into labor. Wanna feel our baby?
Isaac: Our baby, I like how that sounds. But I'm scared I'm too young to be a good partner and dad.
Jade: Won't you move in with me and help raise our child?
Isaac: Okay, I'll do my best. *rushes back to high school

Wednesday
Jade: I gave birth to a boy yesterday and Isaac named him "Seneca."
Isaac: Yeah, his namesake's an ancient Roman poet whose birthplace matches my family name.
Jade: Congrats on your B grade!
Isaac: Thanks! When I earn an A tomorrow, I'm graduating early so I can do more around here.

Jade: I know you love this place, Nez. It's a huge neighborhood and perfect for walks.
Isaac is an outdoor-loving sim so he's also digging life here in Moonwood Mills.
Hmmmm, do I need to rethink the location of our next home?
Watcher: Absolutely not! We deserve somewhere nice and warm! I'd rather not be here in winter.

Thursday
This morning, after Isaac leaves for school, Ben phones to ask about trying for baby.
Of course, I say yes. My nephew Franc is adorable and I'd love for our boys to meet.
I wonder when Papa will calm down and start missing me, so I could visit them.

Our Seneca ages up around noon and Isaac graduates early.
After that, the three of us visit Great-Grandpa Blaze for several hours.
Isaac is doing space missions to become a Nerd Brain.
And me, you guessed it, I'm reading magical tomes again.

In the evening, I send everyone back to Moonwood Mills and head to the Magical HQ alone.
As a Master caster, I can learn almost all my remaining spells and potions from the Sages tonight.
The teen standing next to Great-Great-Great-Grandpa Morgyn is my cousin, Penelope Berry.
An unflirty slob (poor thing!), Penelope is the youngest of Auntie Momo's triplets.

Friday
Playing with Sen while Isaac finishes up his Nerd Brain aspiration.

We're getting ready to leave for the Spice Festival when I get an invite from Trent.
It's a bit awkward with Isaac and Thane ignoring each other. Oh well.
But we didn't come here simply to blow bubbles with Trent.

Isaac sets up shop at a primo location, between the Spice Competition table and the food samples.
We'd thought Isaac could draw a lot of festival-goers, but the festival and yard sales conflict, it seems.
After several hours without a single sale, we relocate to Desert Bloom Park.

Saturday
The park works out well for Isaac and we arrive back home at 4 am. (Yes, Rally the Troops ftw!).
During his yard sales, Isaac went from zero Charisma to Level 6.
He also completed the first three milestones of Fabulous Wealthy.  Go, Isaac!
Now, if he could learn to craft the camping mascots himself, I could get back to hacking.

Last Saturday, Benjamin invited me to the Romance Festival where I harvested some Dragonfruit.
Thanks to Gift of Sulani and Nez's Large Poop, our Dragonfruit plants have evolved nicely.
Isaac's been saving them since Wednesday to sell during the Finchwick Fair.  We're over $100k!
Oh, score! Agnes is selling Lilies and an Orchid, which we don't have yet.

Look at Agnes leering at Isaac! She runs around with that purse, acting like an unflirty prude.
But in her heart of hearts, Agnes Crumplebottom is a cougar! You heard it here first!

You're probably thinking that we're always out, neglecting our toddler Seneca.
But we try to spend some time with Seneca and Nez every day.
I had this house built on Tuesday and we've saved even more toward our future home since then.
Also, Isaac has worked hard to gain skills and satisfaction points this week.
I'm so glad he'll be here for Seneca!

Besides, Seneca's an Independent toddler in a 64-tile tiny home.
He only needs one or two more days before he's ready to age up as a Top-Notch Toddler.
There's no rush. It would be weird if Seneca, Isaac, and I were teens at the same time.
This week's been kinda rough, but I know next week will be better!

Progress: End of Week 43
Residence: Prowler's Patch (Moonwood Mills)

Jade (Gen9 heir) - Teen (11 days to YA)
Traits: Geek, Socially Awkward
Remaining Tasks
Skills (2/3): Video Gaming 10, Programming 10, Mixology 0
Career: Tech Guru/eSport Gamer - not started
Aspirations (1/3): Computer Whiz 2/4; Bonus aspirations: Goal Oriented 3/3, ?
Must accept every invitation to parties/outings with your friends
Have at least 5/5 good friends and at least 0/5 enemies
(Good friends: #4 Djavan Costa, #5 Trent Berry)

Isaac Cordova (Gen10 spouse-to-be) - Teen (7 days to YA)
Traits: Genius, Loves the Outdoors

Seneca (Gen10) - Toddler (5 days to child)
Trait: Independent

Nez (Adult, Tibetan Mastiff) - Independent, Smart, Friendly

Notes
*Must accept every invite: This requirement totally broke "our" immersion.
  Jade's trying to rough it on her own in the wild, but keeps getting invites to festivals.
 However, Jade was grateful to harvest Dragonfruit the same day she got kicked out.

*No Prom Invite: I got tired of waiting for Isaac to contact Jade.
  Do you think he didn't call because of the "no prom invite" thing?
  Trent Berry's invited Jade out twice lately (last Saturday and this past Friday).

*Runaway Teen Pregnancy challenge: I can see the appeal of this challenge.
  Jade's Ancient Bloodline and Sulani Mana traits gave her quite the advantage.
  Making money in this game isn't that hard.
  But Jade struggled to give even Nez the attention he wanted, haha.

*Agree to Skip Prom Together: After they agreed, both their profiles showed "Agreed to ditch prom together" or something like that.
  However, once Prom started, they both got the Festering Bitterness sentiment.
  This time, Jade was the one who stayed resentful but her tenseness passed as Isaac continued interacting with her.
  I wish the Prom event could be dialed back. Not every teen is into going to the Prom. When I was a teen, it wasn't for me and my friends at all.
  It's as if the game's forcing Jade to be "into Proms." I don't like it.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
Re: Bewitched Berries 9.43: Stewing in Bitterness? (5 Dec update)
« Reply #326 on: December 06, 2022, 05:34:48 AM »
I'm glad Isaac came through although, tbh, I'm still habouring resentment over his harbouring resentment, lol. Still, it's good for Seneca (and Nez) to have more care-givers.
I was relieved that Jade didn't have twins! Can you imagine? She's a great mum for Seneca and I'm looking forward to seeing the new home they've been working towards.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #327 on: December 06, 2022, 04:13:31 PM »
I'm glad Isaac came through although, tbh, I'm still habouring resentment over his harbouring resentment, lol. Still, it's good for Seneca (and Nez) to have more care-givers.
I was relieved that Jade didn't have twins! Can you imagine? She's a great mum for Seneca and I'm looking forward to seeing the new home they've been working towards.
I was upset about Isaac not contacting her, but it's that weird No Prom Invite sentiment.  I'm glad Jade invited him over; he might have never contacted her, haha.
Isaac's been hard at work gaining skills and satisfaction. He'll be a great household addition and father!

By the way, I was reviewing Jade's requirements and see that the original requirement is:
"Must accept every invitation to parties/outings with your friends."
I've been accepting invites from family, too. I guess they count as friends? Can you tell I'm looking for a loophole? Haha!

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
« Reply #328 on: December 06, 2022, 09:47:35 PM »
I may have said this before, but at the risk of repeating myself - I feel like when the devs come up with something new, they get too focused on it and just go overboard with it - and the prom thing is a perfect example. You are so right that when they agree to skip prom, they should not get resentful about not being invited to prom.

But . . . aside from that . . . I'm glad Isaac is working out . . . I don't think I could take it if a Cordova didn't come through for his lady-love, especially after he went to such lengths to find her!
And so quickly they've gone from little money and mutual resentment to an adorable son, a very nice nest egg, strong skills, and, of course, each other. What a great start of their life together!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #329 on: December 06, 2022, 10:28:49 PM »
I may have said this before, but at the risk of repeating myself - I feel like when the devs come up with something new, they get too focused on it and just go overboard with it - and the prom thing is a perfect example. You are so right that when they agree to skip prom, they should not get resentful about not being invited to prom.

But . . . aside from that . . . I'm glad Isaac is working out . . . I don't think I could take it if a Cordova didn't come through for his lady-love, especially after he went to such lengths to find her!
And so quickly they've gone from little money and mutual resentment to an adorable son, a very nice nest egg, strong skills, and, of course, each other. What a great start of their life together!
That prom thing is so annoying, but Jade couldn't imagine not having Isaac in her life so it's good she had the chance to apologize for not inviting him to the prom., haha.
The first reward trait Isaac bought was Savant which has made it easier to progress with other aspirations to earn more satisfaction.
The main downside with the Vendor table is that every customer is added to the relationship panel. Yes, Isaac has been learning skills like a boss! Thank you!

anything