Author Topic: Party Hearty!  (Read 4800 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Party Hearty!
« on: April 15, 2022, 05:12:18 AM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Goal
Are you a party animal? Yes? Then whip out your phone and start planning those fun social events because your Sims will need to do at least one different party every day. Your score is based on the value of rewards received after obtaining a gold medal.

General Challenge Rules

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create 2 YA Sims in CAS — any life state. Do not use Story mode.
  • At the start of your save, you are allowed to enter Manage Households to select global Neighborhood Stories System (NSS) settings for "My Households" and "Other Households."
  • No subsequent editing of your global NSS settings nor of individual by-household NSS settings is allowed.
  • There are no restrictions on moving, but household additions are limited to a single birth or adoption.
  • Any content pack you own that offers a unique social event may not be disabled for this challenge.
  • Each day, beginning on Week 1, Day 1, your household must throw a unique type of party at a townie home (home lot parties are only allowed towards the end of the challenge). You may only throw a maximum of two parties at any given townie home, but may throw two parties maximum of that same type at more than one townie home during that day.  If a party is still going at 8:00 a.m., you must manually end it and move on to the next party/townie home.
  • Each party guest may only be invited once, even if they didn't arrive.
  • If you run out of unique types of events at townie homes, then begin the cycle again. Dates can earn medals as well, so they can be included in the rotation.
  • If you run out of unique townie residences (houses, apartments, and university residents) during Week 1, you can start a second round of the townie residences.
  • Beginning on Week 2, Day 6, your household has free rein to "party hearty" on your home lot. First, if you have the required content you must throw a Toddler Playdate and a Spooky Party. Once you have hosted those two parties, you can host as many parties (and any type) you choose until time runs out.
  • The challenge ends on Week 3, Day 1, 8 a.m.

Scoring

Total Rewards Value: Add up the value of all reward objects received from achieving gold medals (go into Buy Mode and click the objects).

Have Questions?
If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event. The winner is expected to provide detailed information on their strategy. Keep notes as you play your file.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Total Rewards Value
jesslc161140
SueDenim36350
Nikitachi1455

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Party Hearty!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 05:12:40 AM »
reserved

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online SueDenim

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 03:57:18 PM »
This looks interesting (I almost never do anything but Birthday parties)

Questions:
  • it looks like you can only do Dance Parties at nightclubs - I take it those don't count?
  • Can you do a spooky party before week 2 day 6?  Or does that have to wait for the final two days?
  • without story progression, non-household toddlers are rare unless your sim helps create them.  Is that allowed?
[li]can you have multiple parties on the same day? (I don't know if the game allows, but if it does can that happen, so long as it cycles through party types and townies?)
[/li][/list]

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 07:45:23 PM »
SueDenim

*Dance Party: this party type won't count for this challenge because they are never "goaled events."  You can't earn medals for them.
*Spooky Party: this party type has a main goal of carving two pumpkins.  Since none of the premade residential lots come with pumpkin carving stations, your sims won't be able to earn a gold medal except at their home lot.
                       That is why Spooky Parties are a "Week 2 party type."
*Toddler Play Date: Haha, A Toddler Play Date with only the Bheeda toddler as a guest would be a lonely event.  I'll be adding a rule edit about NSS settings in a bit. Thank you!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2022, 08:00:04 PM »
Tournament rules have been edited as follows:

2022 Sims 4 Tournament Challenge Overview
Neighborhood Stories System: At the start of every new save, unless otherwise specified for a particular tournament challenge, be sure to go into Manage Households to disable all Neighborhood Stories System settings.

Additional rule to Party Hearty!
*At the start of your save, you are allowed to enter Manage Households to select global Neighborhood Stories System (NSS) settings for "My Households" and "Other Households."
*No subsequent editing of your global NSS settings nor of individual by-household NSS settings is allowed.

P.S. If you haven't played around much with the NSS settings, it's a good idea to do some play-testing before you commit to your NSS settings in your official scoring file. :D

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2022, 01:37:50 AM »
Looks fun!
Just checking that we're not allowed to delete existing holidays as per the general rules?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2022, 01:36:45 PM »
Looks fun!
Just checking that we're not allowed to delete existing holidays as per the general rules?

Correct. No changes to the General Rules regarding holidays.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nelleam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2022, 11:06:33 PM »
This challenge sounds fun, and I have some free time now through early May.  It has been a while since I did any social events besides dates and weddings.  I don't think there are any townie homes with a wedding arch, so would a wedding be a home only event as well, or is it not counted for this challenge?  On holidays we can not host goaled events.  Alas my sims have never been able to have a gold Love Day wedding...  Do we get those days off, or do we still have to throw a party that won't get us any rewards?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2022, 02:07:01 AM »
This challenge sounds fun, and I have some free time now through early May.  It has been a while since I did any social events besides dates and weddings.  I don't think there are any townie homes with a wedding arch, so would a wedding be a home only event as well, or is it not counted for this challenge?  On holidays we can not host goaled events.  Alas my sims have never been able to have a gold Love Day wedding...  Do we get those days off, or do we still have to throw a party that won't get us any rewards?

Nelleam,
In response to your questions:
(1) Wedding Party:
Since the My Wedding Stories pack, the original Wedding Party event is no longer available. I have not tried the wedding-related events that come with the new pack but am told that they are not goaled events.
Only goaled social events count toward this challenge.

(2) Holidays
Have you tried throwing a goaled party after the holiday completes or ends? 
I tested this in different saves and got the same results each time: after completing the holiday earlier in the day, my sims could host a goaled party and earn gold-medal status.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2022, 04:07:17 AM »
Since the My Wedding Stories pack, the original Wedding Party event is no longer available. I have not tried the wedding-related events that come with the new pack but am told that they are not goaled events.
Only goaled social events count toward this challenge.

I don't have My Wedding Stories, so I can still host wedding parties. But does it mean I shouldn't, so it would be fair to those who have the pack?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2022, 05:39:37 PM »
I don't have My Wedding Stories, so I can still host wedding parties. But does it mean I shouldn't, so it would be fair to those who have the pack?

Nikitachi
Thank you for letting us know.
If you and any other participants of this challenge are able to host a goaled Wedding Party, please count it among your unique party types.

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2022, 01:28:53 PM »
Lots of questions... sorry they're a bit last minute, I meant to get to asking them earlier in the week but life... ::)

What happens if we can't get a gold medal for a party? The rewards don't count, right? Can we end the party as soon as we realise we're not going to be able to get a gold medal?

Do I count all rewards received for a gold medal party? A few of the parties seem to reward multiple items. In at least one case I received several items after a gold medal and some of them said in their description that this item is the reward for a silver party of that type. But I had only done one party of that type and it got a gold medal. So I still count all these things in my score, yes?

Can we sell the rewards after we've recorded them? Or do we have to keep them until the end of the challenge?

Each day, beginning on Week 1, Day 1, your household must throw a unique type of party at a townie home (home lot parties are only allowed towards the end of the challenge). You may only throw a maximum of two parties at any given townie home. If a party is still going at 8:00 a.m., you must manually end it and move on to the next party/townie home.
Sorry but this part is not very clear to me...

- So "each day" is considered to run from 8am of one day to 8am of the next day in this challenge?

- (Before the "party hearty" stage on the home lot). Are we only allowed to throw one party per day? Or are we allowed to throw two parties per day at the townie home we are at that day? Or more parties than that so long as it's only 2 per townie home? In the brainstorming thread there was some discussion about throwing as many parties as you like but it's not at all clear to me from these rules what the actual rule is now.

- Is the maximum of 2 parties per townie house for the whole of the two weeks? Or is that per party type/day? What do we do if we run out of townie houses because we've had 2 parties at all of them?

I haven't had as much time to experiment as I would like but I experimented a little with neighborhood stories. Only one person moved into any the empty lots in my games in 4 days. That was with both the neighborhood stories setting to move in turned on and the fill empty homes setting turned on. It's possible I could run out of occupied houses if the "max 2 parties per townie house" means over the whole 2 weeks.

Dates can earn medals as well, so they can be included in the rotation.
Are dates required to be included in the rotation of unique party types? Or is it optional to included them in the rotation?

I can confirm for Nelleam, or if anyone else is wondering, that it is possible to have a goaled wedding party at a townie home - a wedding arch is not required.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2022, 06:16:22 PM »
Lots of questions... sorry they're a bit last minute, I meant to get to asking them earlier in the week but life... ::)

What happens if we can't get a gold medal for a party? The rewards don't count, right? Can we end the party as soon as we realise we're not going to be able to get a gold medal?

Rewards only count for gold medal parties. Yes, you can end parties early if you know you will not get a gold medal.

Do I count all rewards received for a gold medal party? A few of the parties seem to reward multiple items. In at least one case I received several items after a gold medal and some of them said in their description that this item is the reward for a silver party of that type. But I had only done one party of that type and it got a gold medal. So I still count all these things in my score, yes?

Count all rewards if you did get a gold medal.

Can we sell the rewards after we've recorded them? Or do we have to keep them until the end of the challenge?

Selling them is fine.

Each day, beginning on Week 1, Day 1, your household must throw a unique type of party at a townie home (home lot parties are only allowed towards the end of the challenge). You may only throw a maximum of two parties at any given townie home. If a party is still going at 8:00 a.m., you must manually end it and move on to the next party/townie home.
Sorry but this part is not very clear to me...

- So "each day" is considered to run from 8am of one day to 8am of the next day in this challenge? [/quote]

Yes.

- (Before the "party hearty" stage on the home lot). Are we only allowed to throw one party per day? Or are we allowed to throw two parties per day at the townie home we are at that day? Or more parties than that so long as it's only 2 per townie home? In the brainstorming thread there was some discussion about throwing as many parties as you like but it's not at all clear to me from these rules what the actual rule is now.

I bolded your interpretation that is correct.

- Is the maximum of 2 parties per townie house for the whole of the two weeks? Or is that per party type/day? What do we do if we run out of townie houses because we've had 2 parties at all of them?

Two parties per townie home max -- each day one of them has to be unique. The challenge is only 14 Sim days, so I'm not sure how you would run out of townie homes...there are far more townie homes assuming you have a couple expansions.

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2022, 08:11:15 AM »
Thanks for answering my questions! I thought I sent some in via PM as well but maybe I stuffed that up because I didn't get a reply. (But on reflection I don't think I really need answers to those questions anymore).

Unfortunately I'm still confused about this bit:

Two parties per townie home max -- each day one of them has to be unique. The challenge is only 14 Sim days, so I'm not sure how you would run out of townie homes...there are far more townie homes assuming you have a couple expansions.

Tell me if I understand this right or if I'm wrong about something... Let's say I decide that day 1 is for house parties. I manage to have 2 house parties at the BFF house and 1 at the Calientes on day 1. Day 2 must be a different type of party and I decide it's going be birthday parties. I am not allowed to have a birthday party at the BFF house because I've used it twice already, is that right? But I could have 1 birthday party at the Calientes followed by 2 birthday parties at the Goth house, yes?

I estimated some numbers and I think that it's technically possible that I could run out of townie homes if I manage to be extremely efficient AND not many new households move into my worlds, but I'm probably not that good. So I guess there's no point worrying about it unless I reach the end of week 1 having been way more efficient than expected.

Also one more unrelated question - do the university dorms in Britchester count as a "townie home"?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2022, 11:41:01 AM »
Tell me if I understand this right or if I'm wrong about something... Let's say I decide that day 1 is for house parties. I manage to have 2 house parties at the BFF house and 1 at the Calientes on day 1. Day 2 must be a different type of party and I decide it's going be birthday parties. I am not allowed to have a birthday party at the BFF house because I've used it twice already, is that right? But I could have 1 birthday party at the Calientes followed by 2 birthday parties at the Goth house, yes?

Yes.

Also one more unrelated question - do the university dorms in Britchester count as a "townie home"?

Yes, that's fine.

anything