Author Topic: On My Own  (Read 15763 times)

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
Re: On My Own
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2022, 08:17:35 PM »
Chapter Seven: Thankful

It was getting so cold at night that I was thankful for the fire. I was going to have to buy a chair to sit on if I was going to be spending so much time by the fire. Emily even would let me take some of the scrap wood they had left over from the night before home. I loved my job and I don't know why it took me so long to make this change. I needed to find a proper way to thank Eleanor for helping me make this decision.

Speaking of Eleanor she showed up the next morning for a little chat.

"I'm thinking of going to see my friend again." She said.

"Who is this friend, should I be worried? Is it a guy?" I teased.

She laughed and teasingly shoved at me.

"No, it's not a guy. Henry was my one and only. Her name is Jasmine, we went to school together." She told me.

"And you're still friends?" I gasped.

"Yes, amazing isn't it?" She said.

"That is so special." I said.

"I just wanted to let you know that so no one else is saying I died." She laughed.

"I appreciate it, but you know, I'm thinking I won't be here when you get back." I told her.

I told her all about this house that I found. It was tiny, but it had all of the basic things that I needed. The bonus? It had heat and a roof! I was so excited because I was so close. We talked for a bit longer, her giving me some tips on owning a home, and even some of her homemade recipes. As she stood up I pulled a flower from the side of the bench that I laid there.

"It isn't much at all, but I wanted to get you something as a thank you. It's a flower from my garden. I will get you something nicer, but this is all I have right now." I said.

"It's lovely dear! You don't have to give me anything!" She said, smelling the flower.

"I know but I wanted too." I said.

"Hey best friend." Janine sang as she walked up to the bench.

"Hey." I said smiling.

She sat down next to me.

"So, I was thinking. You wanna go to this festival in town?" She asked.

"What's it about? More nerd stuff?" I laughed.

"No, I'm not really sure. But there's going to be food and fireworks." She said.

"Sign me up!" I said.

So we headed downtown where they normally hold the festivals. It wasn't too long of walk and it was nice out. We talked about my new job, and this new guy that she was seeing. She didn't think it was going to last though. He apparently snores and she has spent the night sleeping on his uncomfortable couch many times. When we got the the festival you were immediately hit in the face with this wonderful smell of barbeque. I insisted we eat first thing because I'd turn into a monster if I had to walk around hungry with those smells in the air. She got a shredded beef sandwich covered in barbeque sauce. I got a small stack of barbeque ribs and it was heaven on earth. After that we headed to the punch, it was suppose to be lemonade but it was too watered down that it just didn't taste very good.

"Oh look! It's one of those murals!" She said, pointing across the ways.

"Wanna go claim it?" I asked.

"Yeah! Let's go!" She said.

We were laughing too hard at each other's drawings that before we knew it, it was time to go home.

She headed home and I headed back to the park. I decided to work on some more flower bouquets a bit before I headed to bed. I really enjoyed using my flowers from my garden and making them into something beautiful. I sold them once I was done with them, some of them sold for almost nothing while others I made a decent amount on.

Here's to hoping that I was going to be in the house soon!

Balance: $10,892

So closeeee! I can't wait to get her into the house!
My Stories:
Figuring It Out / Something to Hide *Complete*
-----
It's just a spark, but it's enough to keep me going.
And when it's dark out, no one's around, it keeps glowing. <3

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2022, 11:33:45 PM »
Chapter Eight: New Beginnings

I did it.

I was now a home owner.

"Here are your keys, now are you sure you're okay with only having three hundred left?" The agent asked.

"Yes, I've made it on much less. Thank you for everything." I said.

She smiled and got into her car. I stood in the front yard of my new home. Mine.

None of this would have been possible for a little while longer if Emily hadn't given me an advance. She heard that I was only a few hundred away and without question wrote me a check. She told me that even if it's been a short time I've been at the job, she could tell that I was going to be here a while. I cried in the bathroom for a good half an hour. The next day I met with the real estate agent and signed the papers. I appreciated her making sure I'd be okay with only a few hundred dollars to my name. I admit that I was nervous about that. However, I had my paintings, my flowers, and I didn't have to worry about food because of my crops. Maybe soon I could even get some chickens! Who knows!

Soooo, how is it?!?! -J

I smiled at my phone typing out a reply.

I HAVE A HOUSE!!!!!

I needed to invite Eleanor and Janine over for dinner soon. But for now I just wanted to enjoy some alone time. Being in a park surrounded by people most of the time was great, but I'd be lying if I didn't miss having personal time. So for now I was going to enjoy myself and get used to having my own house. The real estate left behind some old pots so I could use them for my flowers. I brought the square planters with my from the park.

I couldn't wait to decorate, and change these plain white walls! I couldn't even wait to expand the house and have bigger and more rooms! But one step at a time, I couldn't get too far ahead of myself. I got another promotion at work! This time I had to make a decision though. I could either go down the botany path, or the floral designer path. At the end of the day I decided to go with the floral designer since I enjoyed that so much. It came with a higher pay level and a bonus as well! I loved the new apron I got as well! It was black with pretty pink flowers on it.

I was worried about my plants when the snow eventually did come. It was strange that it hasn't snowed yet since it was officially winter. I was thankful to make it into a house before then though. I did worry for Eleanor though, she was with a friend right now, but what happens to her after? She would be staying in a tent freezing at night. She was so proud and stubborn that I'm not sure if I even offered for her to stay with me that she'd take it. I would take the couch and she could take the bed. I made a mental note to work something out and at least off it to her. For now, I was going to curl up and watch a movie on my television! I had a television now!

Balance: $3,948

HOUSE ACQUIRED!!!! Now the real challenge starts! I wonder what the future holds for her now!
My Stories:
-----

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2022, 11:49:49 PM »
Chapter Nine: Welcome to the Neighborhood

"Come on!" I hissed.

I grunted as I tried to turn the wrench more. The sink broke this morning, I was wet, the floor was wet, and in about ten more minutes my house was going to become the titanic. Okay, it wasn't that bad, but I was going to need a lot of towels.

Did you get it fixed? -J

I picked up my phone and typed a quick "No."

You really should call a plumber -J

I can do it.

Okay, but I'm coming over tonight. I want to see the place! -J

Bring your floatie device, ha.

It took another half an hour, but I finally fixed it! I was feeling accomplished when the doorbell rang.

"One minute!" I called out.

I dried my hands and arms off and headed to the front foor.

"Janine! Hi! Welcome!" I said stepping on the front lawn.

"I should be the one welcoming you." She said, hugging me.

"Well too late." I joked.

"How is the sink? She asked.

"All fixed!" I told her.

"I never doubted you would fix it." She said, laughing.

"Uh huh." I said with a playful eye roll.

"Just in time for dinner then?" She asked.

I laughed and I led her inside.

"Awww, look how cozy it is!" She said.

"I wanna expand it, but my first goal is changing this awful wall coloring!" I told her.

I heated up some of my freshly made mushroom soup. I loved mushrooms and it turned out to be delicious. I scooped some soup into two bowls and walked over to the sofa, handing it to her. I would offer to eat at the dining room table, but the person who sold the house connected the PC up on one side. They were generous enough to leave what furniture they didn't want behind.  So I worked with what I had at the moment.

"This is delicious!" She exclaimed.

"Thank you, I found the recipe online. I have a computer now." I said, proudly.

"Fancy! You're moving on up in the world!" She said, giggling.

After she left I decided to do some flower arranging to practice a bit more before work tomorrow. I got a few in before my hands started to hurt, so I set them in my box I used to take them to the market. I would drop them off on the way into work in the morning. I decided to take a walk around the block, I even stumbled across a frog! Frogs aren't the most exciting creatures but this one was purple. I thought that it was just the darkness playing tricks on my eyes but once I got him home I saw that it was not.

"What am I going to name you little guy?" I asked.

I didn't have much room for him, so I decided to set him in the corner on the counter.

"How about we name you Snake?" I suggested.

Everyone would assume I'd name him after his coloring, but his eyes were almost my favorite thing about him. They looked just like a snakes eyes and they were bright yellow which stood out against the purple.

I just got off of work, and sat down on the couch, when there was a knock on the door. I silently groaned. I stood up and answered the door with a smile.

"Eleanor!" I smiled.

"Hi dear, oh! You just got off of work?" She asked.

"Yeah, about five minutes ago." I told her.

"Oh my, I can come back tomorrow. You must be tired!" She offered.

"No! No! Please, come in!" I said, stepping aside.

She walked in and did a small spin around. This was her first time seeing the house, I gave her what little tour I could give her. We talked about future expanding plans and possible color changes. I wanted warm and calming colors, so I was thinking soft yellows and greens. We finally got on the couch and settled in.

"So, I've been thinking." I started off.

"Have you now?" She asked.

I nodded, "I know you love your life, and you do visit your friend a lot, but I wanted to offer something to you. When it gets cold, or if you ever just need a place to stay, I would like to offer you my bed."

"No, dear I'm fine. You need a place to sleep." She told me.

"I knew you'd say that, so I will take the couch. Next thing I know you'll say is about the ladder. So, I will bring the mattress on the ground and we can move over the chairs." I told her.

She thought about this for a moment.

"Okay, I accept the offer. However, only when it's cold or if I need a last minute place. Not that I don't cherish our friendship, but this is the life I'm used too. I have my routine and I enjoy it." She told me.

"I understand, thank you." I said.

She stood up, and I took that as the que that she was ready to head out.

"I can't believe we aren't getting snow." She said, looking out the window.

"I know, it's insane!" I agreed.

"Goodbye dear, take care of yourself." She said.

"Always, I'll talk to you soon!" I told her.

I waved as I slowly closed the door. I couldn't believe she actually agreed to stay here when she needed too. Next project? Painting!

Balance: $5,236

Hiii!! I am so sorry it's been a few days since this update! I have insomnia and it has been hitting me hard. I have had zero energy and didn't want to throw out pointless updates! I hope everyone has a great weekend! =]
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2022, 12:51:26 AM »
Chapter Ten: In the Spotlight

A Few Months Later

I was pleased to announce that the house is looking nice! I got a good deal at the hardware store on paint. I decided to paint the main room a soft yellow, the room with my easel was a grayish color, and the bathroom was a gentle green. I picked up a shelf and a few knick knacks at a thrift store to decorate the wall above the counters. Snake even got a small plant next to his little aquarium, he seemed to enjoy it. So far that was the only major change with the house, but I did paint a picture that I felt fit perfectly with the bathroom walls. It complimented it really, not to toot my own horn as they say.

I was proud of myself! I took out my phone and texted Janine.

Wanna come over?

Can't! Hanging with the man tonight. -J

I sighed, that was the third time this week she almost blew me off. I dialed Eleanor's number but after a few rings I hung up. I plopped on the couch and tossed my phone by the tv. I turned the tv on to some old show. I was barely paying attention to it though. I was determined to make it on my own, but I'm learning that doing so was lonely. Before it seemed like I always had someone around me, especially at the park, but now Eleanor was gone more and more and Janine had this new guy. I sighed and flipped the tv off and just went to bed for the night.

When I woke up for work the next morning I was still in my weird mood. It started off like any other day, I got into work with my cup of coffee and got set up in my station. The work load seemed a little low for today so I was hoping I'd get out a little earlier. I was in the middle of this flower arrangement when Emily burst through the door.

"Julie! You will not believe what is happening out front." Emily said, a little out of breath.

"Oh no, is the lady from last week back? The one that threatened to call the police because she killed her own plants?" I giggled.

"NO! It's some wedding planner! But not just our usual ones! They need the best florist available." She told me.

"You'll have to let me know what is so special about this job when you finish it!" I said.

I turned to return to my work, but she stopped me.

"No, I'm not able to do it, and since you are the only one here right now that I trust, I told them you would do it." She announced.

I set my scissors down, "You what?!"

"They need to see you for some paperwork, they need you to sign a non-disclosure agreement." She said, almost giddy.

"An NDA?! Who are the flowers for?! The queen?!" I gaped.

She grabbed my arm and practically pulled me out to the front. I fixed my apron and smoothed my hair down as I was pushed to the counter. I then noticed the security, men in suits, and let's not forget the cameras. Yes, that was plural on the cameras. I couldn't say much because of the obvious NDA that I was currently scrolling through, but the wedding planner was needing flowers for a celebrity wedding. I asked her if she normally filmed these types of arrangements in an poor attempt at humor. That's when they handed me a piece of paper stating that I was fine with my face being shown on the latest episode of some TV drama I've never heard of. It was then I glanced up and saw the celebrity couple in question. I recognized them from magazines on the shelf, but I have never watched whatever show they were on.

I walked into the front door feeling like I was in a daze. So much happened in the past five hours that I couldn't even remember half of what I signed. Emily let me go shortly after they filmed all they needed for episode. They made it extra dramatic with a staged fight about what flowers he wanted verses what flowers she wanted. I was just thankful it was all over and prayed I didn't make a fool of myself.

You won't believe what just happened!!! You HAVE to come over!

I set my phone down while I waited for a response from Janine. I got out the stuff to make soup, and was stirring it when she replied.

Have to work early tomorrow. But tomorrow? I can't wait to hear all about it! -J

I sighed and put the phone down. I set the bowl down in front of Snake and started stirring.

"An NDA! Can you believe it Snake?!" I told him.

Obviously he didn't answer, just blinked at me slowly.

After the soup was ready and I ate it, I changed into my pajamas early. I grabbed my phone and opened my text messages to Janine.

I can't believe I'm going to tell you this.

Ooooo? -J

You win, set me up with this mystery guy.

I sighed and waited for the obvious response from her.

OH MY GODDDDDD -J

I giggled and clicked my phone to sleep.

For now, I had a date with my bed because today has been a day and a half.

Balance: $7,271

Decided to turn a regular Sims event into part of the story! She gained a little fame and some extra cash for doing the event! I hope you enjoyed! Also, who will this guy be?
My Stories:
-----

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
  • Former resident of the cave of lurking-ness
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2022, 01:13:07 PM »
Ack I love her little house! Usually my rags to riches houses are very cobbled together since I expand as I go.
Also, stop making me want to download furniture CC again... :p
they/he pronouns please!

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2022, 01:24:28 PM »
Ack I love her little house! Usually my rags to riches houses are very cobbled together since I expand as I go.
Also, stop making me want to download furniture CC again... :p

I'm regretting not putting it on a bigger lot, expanding will be tricky! Also DO ITTTT, I'm a bad influence mwahaha. I got bit by the CC bug a few years ago and I honestly don't know if I could go back to normal Sims haha
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2022, 10:50:47 PM »
Hey guys! I just wanted to make a quick post to keep you guys updated! I know it's been four days since my last update and I promise I haven't given up already. Monday I had two teeth pulled and I am still in a lot of pain. I'm hoping it will subside soon. I've tried several times to work on a chapter but the pain makes it hard and I couldn't come up with anything good. I'll try to get on out soon! I've played a bit on and off when I could, I just can't focus on actually coming up with a chapter  :'( I hope everyone has had a good week so far!
My Stories:
-----

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Granny Lawlor

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2022, 02:39:02 AM »
Ouch! Hope you're pain-free soon!

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
  • Former resident of the cave of lurking-ness
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2022, 08:56:41 AM »
Ooo that’s no fun :C
as someone who’s had teeth pulled (many times, it’s a long story I won’t go into) I can definitely sympathize. Pro tip: for some reason mashing your face into a pillow/couch cushion helps! No I don’t know why!
they/he pronouns please!

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2022, 09:55:23 AM »
Ouch! Having teeth out is no fun. Hope you feel better soon!

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2022, 01:02:10 AM »
I'm w/Auranaris. I've also had teeth pulled many times and also won't go into it. Hope you mouth heals up real soon!

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2022, 11:08:38 PM »
Chapter Eleven: No More Drama

A month had passed and it seemed like my days of starring in a drama series was over, thank god. I didn't get too much attention but I had to sign so much paperwork even after that one episode filmed. I wanted to tell them to just leave me alone already! It was over now though and I went back to my normal "boring" life just how I liked it. So what am I doing here at the same park where it all started? Well, Janine wasted no time in setting me up with her co-worker. It was the first time I even thought to ask where she worked at. They worked at a business firm downtown which to me sounded so boring. His name was Shayne, and to her he was pretty cute. I had joked around with her that if she thought he was cute then she should ask him out. But she pushed the idea away and said this one was for me. Probably best to not date your co-worker anyway. I wasn't comfortable meeting him at my house for the first time, so I suggested the park as a mutual meeting place.

"Shayne?" I asked.

There was a man sitting on the bench that I didn't recognize.

"That is me, are you Julieanne?" He asked.

"As far as I'm aware!" I giggled.

"Nice to meet you! Janine was quite insistent that we meet." He told me.

"She can be quite the bugger." I said.

He looked around at the park. It hasn't changed much, and I saw a few familiar faces.

"This is an interesting park. A lot of people here." He mentioned.

"Yeah, it's kind of a home for those without one." I told him.

"Like, homeless people?" He asked.

I tried to ignore the little hint of disgust in his voice.

"Yes. They have shelter, food, and a place to clean up themselves." I said.

"Hm, interesting." He muttered.

I forced a smile and looked around.

"Well, I brought some food from home. Would you like to eat?" I asked.

"Sure, what did you bring?"

We headed over to the picnic table and sat down. I unpacked two bowls and the bowl that contained the soup. I uncovered it and spooned some in each bowl.

"I hope it's still hot." I said.

"What kind is it?" He asked.

"Mushroom, it's all I really know how to make at the moment from what I grow." I told him.

"You grow mushrooms?" He questioned.

I sat next to him.

"Yeah, I grow a lot actually. I'm a gardener at the green house in town." I told him.

"Nice! I pass there going to work." He told me.

"You are in business, correct?" I asked.

He then launched into this speech about his work and what he did there. I hate to admit it, but it took me all I had not to fall asleep during it. It was numbers, and graphs, and a bunch of words I didn't understand. But, he seemed to love his job so I did my best to follow along. Once we were both done eating I cleaned up our bowls and put them back in the little bag I brought with.

I walked back to the table after going to throw some things away in the trash can. On the way I passed Ashley, she arrived a little before I left to move.

"Hey Ash!" I greeted.

"Hey Julie! Nice to see you!" She smiled.

"You too honey!" I said.

She gave a little wave before heading to a tent.

"You know her?" He asked.

"Yeah, that's Ashley. She stays here." I told him.

He looked around again, and I had a feeling he was going to make some little comment again.

"I don't know how anyone can live in such... filth." He said.

I couldn't handle the comments anymore, even throughout eating I would catch him looking around in disgust.

"You know, Shayne. You seem nice, you do. But some people don't always start off so great. Some people have no where else to turn too so they find shelter where they can. So this may come as a shock to you, but I lived here. Yeah, here. In this very park. I bought those lamps right there, and that mini fridge that is broken for the millionth time? I was able to keep that stocked and full of food for the people in this park. I may have a house now, even if it's tiny, but I won't allow myself to forget what it took to get there. I was homeless, and there is nothing wrong with that or these people. It makes me sad to hear you talk about them and this place. So thank you for the conversation, but I'm going home now." I snapped.

I picked up my things and headed out of the park.

"Julieanne! Wait!"

I ignored him and kept walking. I got home and slammed my door before sliding down it feeling empty. I cried a little, but not for him. For the people like Eleanor and Ashley who were still out there trying to survive. For the fact that there's people like Shayne who shame them for it. I wiped my eyes and stood up from the floor.

So Shayne just called, he said you freaked out on him? -J

I scowled.

Yes and I don't feel bad about it. He was talking down on the park and the people that need that place to survive.

WHAT?! Julie... I'm sorry. He's normally a sweet guy. I'll talk to him. -J

I looked down at my phone but chose not to reply. I decided to make the night end on a good note by working on some arrangements.

I woke up in the morning to a strange text.

Hey, it's Shayne. Janine gave me your number-

I cursed at Janine.

-I wanted to apologize for my behavior at the park. I guess it's easy to forget just how good you have it in life. I hope that I can get another chance because you seemed like a really great person. I hope to hear back from you. -S

I signed as I walked into the bathroom.

"Oh come on!" I hissed.

The shower was just spraying water. Could this week be over already?

Once myself and the floor were dried off I picked up my phone and typed out a message.

How about a redo next week?

Balance: $15,499

Hey guys! First of thank you to those who wished me well and offered tips! That was sweet  :'( :) It's day 5 and I'm not able to eat much still, but I'm feeling a bit more human! The pain is still there, but not as bad. Hopefully I'm through the worst of it. I hope you enjoyed this long awaited chapter! Thank you so much for understanding! Also, there is a big difference in money this update because I played a bit when the pain allowed!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2022, 12:01:27 AM »
Chapter Twelve: Making a Stand... Get it?

I don't mean to toot my own horn as they say, but I am a genius! On my way home from way home from work one day I managed to come across a table that someone threw out. It was big, but I was able to drag it all the way home. I put it out front just in front of my flower garden and stood back and looked at it. I took a trip to the store close by for some tape, crayons, and a roll of black paper. I made myself a sign advertising vases of flowers! I was practicing all the time to make flower arrangements and then most of the time I'd have to throw them away. If I didn't throw them away I'd bring them to the park, or sometimes Emily would even sell them in the shop. But, with this table I could possibly sell them to the locals! It was far enough from the greenhouse that it wouldn't steal business from that. I did send a quick text to Emily to see if she had any objection, but she thought it was a great idea!

I stood behind the table and felt giddy as I waited to see if anyone would show up. I told myself not to get too bummed if no one showed up. But then they did!

"Hello! I greeted, a little too eagerly.

The guy in the yellow floral shirt kind of jumped in surprise.

"Sorry! Sorry, I'm just excited!" I apologized.

"You work at the greenhouse in town, don't you?" The man said.

"I do! But, need the extra cash so why not sell what I make?" I said.

"Not a bad idea." He agreed.

I sold all three! Each of them bought the flowers! I wiped the table down and closed up for the day.

Wanna go to dinner?

I looked at my phone to see a text from Shayne.

Sure! Do I need to dress fancy?

Nah, it's kinda hot out. I figured that new bar that opened? I hear the food is decent. -S

Okay! Meet you there!

I walked up to the bar about an hour later. Shayne was waiting outside for me.

"Hey." I greeted.

"Hi! You look pretty." He said.

"Thank you." I said, smiling.

"Should we head in?" He offered.

"He did not!" I gasped.

It was a little over an hour later and we were having a drink at the bar.

"I swear to you! He got up on stage, butt naked. His parents were mortified! I swear he was going to get shipped off to military school right after." He chucked.

"Oh my god!" I laughed.

"It was a crazy time." He admitted.

"My life seems pretty boring compared to that." I said.

"I have a hard time believing that." He said, smiling.

I looked at him for a moment, "You looked me up, didn't you?"

It wouldn't be hard to find out who I was. All you had to do was search my name and you'd find out I was from a wealthy family. I wasn't necessarily mad if he had looked me up, I just didn't want that knowledge to put a damper on the second chance.

"I did." He admitted.

I nodded.

"Are you mad?" He asked.

"No, it's not like I'm hiding it. I just, I walked away from that life. That's why I was homeless in the park." I told him.

"Tell me more over food?" He asked.

I nodded, he waved over the waiter and we were shown to a table by the window. He ordered a burger and I ordered chicken tenders and some fries for us to share.

"So, what would you like to know?" I asked after the waiter left.

"Everything. You intrigue me." He said.

I told him a simple version of my childhood leading up to my parents death. I told him how my parents weren't very good people when it came down to it. I wanted to be different then them, pave my own way in life. I told him that I turned down all of their money and donated it to several charities that needed it more than I did.

"So, that's how I ended up living at that park." I ended.

"Wow, that's a lot to take in." He admitted.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to overwhelm you." I told him.

"No! No you're fine, I'm glad to understand you better." He said.

I smiled, this second chance was actually turning out to be pretty good. The waiter came with our food and we slowly ate, swapping stories and what we hoped to achieve. He didn't seem as boring as he did the first time. He may work at a business firm, but he dreamed of becoming a jack of all trades.

"Were you like that as a kid? Wanting to try different things?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, drove my parents nuts. I would start one thing, but then go to the next. Often times I wouldn't finish with the previous thing. I can't even begin to tell you how many clubs and sport I tried. Though, I didn't really like sports that much." He told me.

I giggled.

"You have a cute laugh." He said.

I blushed, "Thank you."

The night came to an end, he ended up walking me home even though he lived the opposite way.

"I had a good time tonight." I told him.

"I did too, much better than the first time when I messed up." He said.

"We all make mistakes, but the important thing is that we learn from them." I said.

I gave me a slight grin.

"That was incredibly cheesy." I laughed.

"Just a little." He agreed.

Something in the air shifted. Suddenly we were looking at each other, and then he slowly gave me a kiss on the lips.

"Sorry, was that too soon?" He asked, once we pulled away.

"No, I liked it." I said, shocking myself.

"Good, I'll text you later?" He said.

"I look forward to it." I told him.

I watched him walk away before heading into the house. I couldn't get this giant grin off my face the whole night. I kept my phone by my side as I waited for his text message.

Balance: $18,547

I'm feeling human again! Thank you all again for being patient with me! The gums aren't fully healed, but I'm on day two of not having to take pain meds and can eat solid food without too much of an issue! I never realized how much I missed it until I couldn't have it anymore! I hope you enjoyed =] Things are going well with Shayne it seems?
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2022, 01:06:05 AM »
Chapter Thirteen: Making a Difference

Two Months Later

What a busy few months this has been. Work has been insane, if there's one thing good that came out of that show it was the boost in sales. We had a lot more orders, and even some bigger wedding deals. I got two more promotions because Emily insisted, she told me that I was one of her most reliable employees. That felt good to hear and definitely boosted my confidence!

"Flowers! Come get your flowers!" I called.

I had three days off of work, so I would get some arrangements made and open my flower stand. It didn't pay as well as the greenhouse but it was some extra cash. I hired someone to expand the kitchen a bit so now I had a little more room to work. Eleanor walked up to the flower stand, but unfortunately I had just sold the last one.

"Hey stranger!" I greeted.

"Hello! I heard from the locals about your little flower stand!" She said, gesturing to the stand.

"It's just something on the side! Nothing too big. You missed the last one sadly." I said.

"That's fine dear! Maybe I'll catch the next one!" She smiled.

"So, tell me where you've been!" I said.

We walked over to my flowers, there has been a bad case of bugs lately. Emily recommended this new spray and I was excited to give it a try. Eleanor walked with me as I tended to my flowers. She told me about her recent trip to the casino with her friends. She told me how they won a decent amount, and enjoyed a nice girls night out with it. I smiled as she told me stories of the night. I hoped that I was still this cool and active when I was her age.

"That all sounds really fun!" I told her.

She nodded, "I think I should get going though dear."

"It was nice of you to drop by!" I told her.

She came over to me and gave me a hug.

"I enjoy our chats!" She said.

We pulled apart and I waved goodbye.

Later that day I got a text message from Shayne. Things have been going great! We went on a few more dates, and we talk constantly throughout the day. He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend yet, but I'm finding myself smiling at the thought.

I need your help, I'm in over my head! Can you please come to the park? -S

The one I lived at?

Yes! Please hurry! -S

I looked at the phone for a minute before locking up the house. I headed to the park but to my shock found it packed! My mouth fell open as I pushed myself through the sea of people. What were they all waiting for? I spotted a few familiar faces and offered a small wave and a smile.

"Next!"

I finally made it to the front as Shayne came in to view. Only, he had pushed the picnic tables together and was wearing an apron. My mouth fell open again as he rushed back and forth getting the food prepared. He went too fast though and knocked a tin tray of bread rolls on the ground. He gave a loud curse as he bent down to try to scoop them up. I hurried over and helped him put the rolls back.

"Julie! Oh thank god!" He gasped.

"What are you doing?" I asked, in shock.

"What I thought I was doing was a nice thing for those less fortunate then I am. But, I've come to find out that there are a lot more people then I thought there would be." He told me.

I giggled, he was frustrated and it was cute.

"People probably spread the word to the surrounding places. So, let me call in some pizzas." I offered.

"I'll pay." He said.

"I am exhausted." I said.

Shayne closed my door behind him as I plopped on the couch.

"I think it went well, after you showed up that is." He laughed.

"That was really sweet of you." I told him.

"I just wanted to give back, you know?" He said.

I smiled and looked at him, and I think it was at that moment that I started falling in love with him.

Balance: $22,262

I hope you guys enjoyed! =]
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2022, 01:35:42 AM »
Chapter Fourteen: Time for an Upgrade

"Wow." I gasped.

"Do you like it?!" Janine asked.

I walked around my house in awe. Janine kicked me out of my house for a few days, and even paid for a hotel! She wouldn't tell me why but I trusted her, at least I think I did. But standing here now I was glad that I did. The kitchen was still in the corner of the main room, but now I had a dining room table! With chairs! I could have people over for a proper meal and be able to actually sit with them. On the opposite corner was a new couch, a television stand, and a small flat screen television. She added a few plants on the stand as well.

"Do you like it?" She asked.

"Is this my house?!" I gasped.

"I had to move your flower stand in this room." She told me.

"What's in the room that was in it?" I asked.

I had a feeling I knew, but I didn't want to assume. She grabbed my hand and led me into the next room. We stepped into my new bedroom. The walls were painted blue with a white trim at the bottom. In the middle of the room sat my new double bed! It had a type of patchwork blanket and it looked so comfortable.

"Welcome to your bedroom!" She announced.

I had a bed!

"A BED?!" I screamed.

"No more ladders!" She said.

It was gorgeous and I suddenly couldn't wait to go to sleep tonight.

"I know it's small, but we can always expand it." She told me.

"You work in business, right?" I asked.

"Yeah, but I have always loved this kind of stuff." She said.

I gave a her a budget of course. I sold almost $7,000 worth in flower arrangements and decided that I needed more space. I was feeling stuck in a way and needed to feel like I was actually getting somewhere. Next we went to the bathroom. She told me how she got a better deal on the shower and bathtub combo. She kept the wall color and my painting which I was glad about.

"Janine! I can't even begin to thank you!" I told her.

"I'm just happy to be able to help." She said.

"I'll get your money." I said.

I walked to my purse and handed her what I set aside for doing the work. I could tell that she was a little awkward taking the money, but there was no way that I was going to not pay her for what she did. I was still in total shock that this was my home! She really should thing about changing careers if this was even a hint of what she could come up with. I'm sure she could make it even better with more money but for now that was all I had. We talked for a bit before she headed out to let me enjoy my new house. I stood in the kitchen for a while just looking around. My phone dinged in my hand and I lifted it to see a text from Shayne.

Soooo, is she finished?! -S

I smiled as I typed a reply back.

I'm so in love with my house that I may just marry it.

Should I be worried I had competition? -S

I laughed.

Honestly? Maybe.

He had been dropping subtle hints that he wants this to go further then friendship. If he didn't ask soon then I was going too because I was falling for him.

We should do a date soon. -S

Miss me already?

I do, actually -S

I smiled looking down at my phone, I sent a quick reply before going to watch some television.

Dinner at my place, tomorrow night.

Balance: $22,487

House is expanded! I'm even working on a greenhouse for her, but it's going slow because I don't wanna go bankrupt just yet haha. I hope you enjoyed!
My Stories:
-----