Author Topic: No skills, no ''problems'' scenario  (Read 6873 times)

Offline thesimslover828

• Playing The Sims 3 again, WooHoo!!!
  • Immortal
  • Death To The Visitors, V Is For Victory
No skills, no ''problems'' scenario
« on: March 25, 2022, 07:43:37 PM »
I'm completely lost, no leveling up skills, means no way to make money. It seems like every money making opportunity requires skills, even odd jobs. The goal is to get 400k simoleans without leveling up skills. I even tried cheating it with the wishing well, I forced good outcomes and no cooldown. The wish was successful, but no skill was added. I need help, is there any non-skill based ways to make money, like any? The challenge starts Sims out with zero cash. 
We are of peace, always but this is war.
We are of peace, always.
We'll help build a resistance. We have to fight.

When all you've ever loved has been stolen from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge.
For the truly wronged, satisfaction can be found in one of two places,  absolute forgiveness or mortal vindication. This is not a story about forgiveness. When deception cuts this deep, someone has to pay.

Offline Auranaris

• Townie
  • Former resident of the cave of lurking-ness
Re: No skills, no ''problems'' scenario
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 07:48:49 PM »
Frogs was my first thought, you can get a pretty good income from breeding some of the more expensive ones, obviously not enough for 400k but hey, it’s a start.
they/he pronouns please!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 08:26:36 PM »
Go beach combing if you have Island Living. Dumpster diving if you have Eco Living. If you have Relm of Magic Copypasto is broken on the money you can make.

Offline lgum

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2022, 05:02:49 PM »
(1) Dumpster diving is the best. If you choose freegan trait it ups your chances for getting high cost things. Sell them straight from your inventory; don't put them on your lot. Even if it's junk you'll get full price that way.

(2) Frogs are good. Llamas, cows, and chickens are good. They don't require skills. If you set up your sim with a nature aspiration that will increase the quality of what they collect and make it easier to complete the Collector aspiration, which will give you a lot of aspiration points.

(3) There are a lot of aspirations where you don't need skills for the first stage. Complete as many of those as you can, and fulfill as many wishes as you can.

(4) Then get a money tree.

(4) If you keep going with the chickens, eventually, with luck, you'll get a golden egg, or can buy a golden treat to feed one of your chickens. Make sure the golden chicken is near your money tree, so it will become perfect. A perfect money tree will net you $31,000 a day.

If you don't mind cheating, once you have the llamas/cows you can cheat to get animals clothes to sell.

Also you can buy the attic stack and keep rummaging for decorations and sell them.

Offline sone

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Occult
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2022, 05:28:19 AM »
Some of the odd-jobs don't require skills, or you can still get minimal cash for doing them badly. I bought and befriended the scarecrow to handle my gardening since you can't weed etc without skills. Selling the produce can be very substantial, especially if you go to the fair and barter for +25% simoleons.
The reward trait connections lets you skip ahead a few levels in a career, giving you a somewhat decent passive income.
You could marry money, or ask people to move in for money.
Selling collectables like gems and such net a fair amount of money as well. I haven't experimented with magic yet, but if you can get upgrades to being a mage and replicate items, that'd be a fast way to do it.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2022, 01:13:52 PM »
If you harvest produce or sell it off of the plant you will earn gardening skill even wild plants. Same with planting them.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2022, 01:34:33 PM »
Don't forget the vendor table. You can select a 300% markup to sell your Whirlyflower frogs, beachcombed treasures, and so forth.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2022, 02:40:08 PM »
If you harvest produce or sell it off of the plant you will earn gardening skill even wild plants. Same with planting them.
With this scenario, you cannot gain skills at all-- whatever you do, you just won't-- until you've earned the $400k and completed the scenario.

Visit the grocery and flower vendors in Henford when the weekly fair is on.  They will have some rare stuff available.  You might be able to find dragonfruit, golden eggs, or golden honey milk.  Drinking golden honey milk will give you the Golden Pulse ability for 2 hours!  It allows you to zap things to perfect quality as if you were a golden chicken.
Also I've even seen a money fruit for sale at the vendors there.  It's quite expensive, $8,000, but maybe you have money but not satisfaction.