Author Topic: Aspirations of the Good, the Evil, and the Goofball  (Read 4917 times)

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
Re: Aspirations of the Good, the Evil, and the Goofball
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2022, 01:56:25 PM »
Great score, Nikitachi. You've really set the bar quite high.

Thank you! I'm glad I managed to play the whole challenge, finally.

Offline annieb

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2022, 09:56:19 PM »
Total Aspirations Completed = 22

Good Sim's Donations: 25 (.25)
Evil/Klepto Sim Swipes: 23 (.23)
Goofball Sim Royalties: 21 (.84)

Total multiplier = 2.32

Final Score = 51.04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2022, 06:36:48 PM »
This challenges ends this coming Sunday night, so good luck to everyone finishing up. Remember: you do not have to play all 4 Sim weeks to post a score if you run out of time.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2022, 07:11:31 AM »
Well, I am at the back of the bus, as usual. Lol.

Aspirations completed - 19

Good Sim donations - 23
Evil Sim Swipes - 24
Book royalties - 18

Multiplier - 1.65

Total - 19 X 1.65 = 31.35

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2022, 11:47:17 AM »
I only managed 2.5 weeks

Aspirations completed = 18
Multiplier = 1.71
(Good - 16, Evil - 15, Goofball – 10)

Total according to the spreadsheet = 30.78

Edited to add:
@metro - I think you have calculated your multiplier wrong as it should be higher than mine.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2022, 12:42:45 PM »
Edited to add:
@metro - I think you have calculated your multiplier wrong as it should be higher than mine.

Oops. Thank you, jesslc. I forgot the royalties were weighted more.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2022, 04:41:28 PM »
Only played nearly a week in game
So that gives me 7 completed aspirations
And a multiplier of 6 good, 6 bad and 1 goofball.

Which totals in 8,12

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Eighty8Keys

• Townie
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2022, 08:08:25 PM »
I ran out of time so only got to the middle of week 3, but was glad to be able to at least post a partial score.

Aspirations completed - 11

Good Sim donations - 3
Evil Sim Swipes - 13
Book royalties - 11

Multiplier - 1.6

Total - 11 X 1.6 = 17.60

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2022, 05:57:58 AM »
This event is now closed. Everyone is free to discuss strategy. Grats to Nikitachi on her win.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2022, 07:48:30 AM »
This event is now closed. Everyone is free to discuss strategy. Grats to Nikitachi on her win.

Thank you!

I'll share my strategy in the next few days.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2022, 11:39:05 AM »
Sorry for the late reply, everyone. I've been super busy with work...

So, I created 3 sims: a Good vampire, an Evil Klepto spellcaster and a Goofball alien (the alien could have been human as well, it made no difference, but I wanted a full non-human crew :D) They all also had the Loves the Outdoors trait, and the vampire and alien also had Insider (the spellcaster just had no room for this trait).

I decided to print out all possible aspirations with their milestones, so I could easily rearrange them as much as I need. I don't have the Bust the Dust kit, as well as Journey to Batuu, so I didn't have access to these aspirations, sadly. All the others were printed out and arranged by me. I started with removing the ones that take too long, since we couldn't switch between aspirations, as well as the ones that can be failed due to randomization (like winning some event). Then I divided the other aspirations into three piles, one for each sim, and tried to arrange them in future order of completion (of course, I moved some later both within one sim and between sims, but I still had some idea of what was going to happen). The starting ones were: Soulmate for the vampire, Computer Whiz for the spellcaster and Bestselling Author for the alien.

I tried to group aspirations by similar goals (regarding skill levels, relationships, etc.) and also considered the goals that can be done while working on a different aspiration, but will be counted once you switch to another one. For example, my alien was playing musical instruments while waiting for her book royalties reach 25,000, and this time counted when she started Musical Genius ("play instrument for 75 hours".

The vampire mostly had easy aspirations that don't take long, especially skill-related ones (Child of the Moon helped him complete these really quickly). The spellcaster couldn't accumulate aspiration points quickly because Computer Whiz takes a lot of time. Instead, he was working as a freelance programmer and mostly created web pages that give a lot of fame points. When he reached level 4 fame, he could choose a fame perk similar to Connections, which helped him finish the aspiration quicker when he needed level 5 of the Tech Guru career. The alien was working on Comedy books only, and publishing them also kept giving her Fame, so she could buy the perk which gives you more money for your creations. On the first day she finally got over 4,000 in royalties, she stopped writing, and had to do it again only after three weeks.

In general, the vampire mostly worked on skill-related and family-related goals (he adopted children for the latter), the spellcaster worked on mischief-related and sorcery-related ones, and the alien worked on creative ones. I didn't do any aspirations that require taking a vacation. Also, sometimes I kept forgetting about donating to charity or stealing something within a day, so my multiplier is not as full as it could be.