Author Topic: Aspirations of the Good, the Evil, and the Goofball  (Read 4904 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Aspirations of the Good, the Evil, and the Goofball
« on: March 15, 2022, 06:26:01 AM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Goal
You’re tasked with juggling three very different Sims — one has the Good trait, another has the Evil trait, and the last has the Goofball trait. We’re keeping it simple for this challenge: there are a few restrictions, but basically do anything necessary (without opening the cheats panel) to complete as many Aspirations as you can. That’s it. :)

General Challenge Rules

Specific Challenge Rules
  • Create 3 YA Sims in CAS — any life state. Do not use Story mode.
  • One Sim must have the Good trait. Another needs the Evil and Klepto traits. The final must have the Goofball trait. All other traits are player choice, but once you leave CAS, traits cannot be changed.
  • No restrictions on moving, but household additions are limited to births/adoptions.
  • All Aspirations must be unique and Aspirations cannot be changed until they are completed. You may only score Aspirations completed by your 3 starting Sims.
  • Your Goofball Sim can only earn royalties from Playful and/or Comedy books.
  • The challenge ends on Week 5, Day 1, 8 a.m.

Scoring

Completed Aspirations: 1 point for any unique Aspiration completed by one of your 3 starting Sims.

Traits Multiplier: All players begin with a Traits Multiplier of 1.00.
**If your Good Sim donates $1000 in a single day to charity add 1% to your multiplier.
**If your Evil/Klepto Sim swipes $1000 in a single day add 1% to your multiplier.
**If your Goofball earns $4000 in book royalties in a single day (must be from Playful and/or Comedy books) add 4% to your multiplier.

Total: Add up your Completed Aspirations and multiply by your Traits Multiplier for your Total.

Team member oshizu came up with a great spreadsheet to assist in your scoring. Thanks, oshizu! :)

Have Questions?
If you have questions and need clarifications, ask away — you can either post your questions in this thread or if you feel a question might reveal a particular strategy you are considering, then feel free to PM the team. Choose the My Messages tab > Send Message > Send to Group (show membergroups) > Check the Challenge Board Moderator group.

And the Winner is...
After this event has closed everyone is encouraged to discuss how they approached the event. The winner is expected to provide detailed information on their strategy. Keep notes as you play your file.

This Event is Now Closed

Player                            Completed Aspirations          Traits Multiplier          Total
Nikitachi322.4076.80
annieb222.3251.04
Metropolis Man192.2943.51
jesslc181.7130.78
Eighty8Keys111.6017.60
LenaLJ71.168.12

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Aspirations of the Good, the Evil, and the Goofball
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2022, 08:10:28 AM »
3//17 -- changed the Traits Multiplier amounts to $1000 donations in a single day.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2022, 08:12:00 AM »
oshizu did some testing and apparently one can only donate 1k in a 24-hour period. I thought it could be done every 4 hours, so the multiplier has been changed to 1k.

Offline jesslc

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2022, 02:57:31 AM »
How do I donate to undermine a charity? I'm only aware of one action for donating to charity in sims 4 - the one called "donate to online charity" on the computer. Is this what I'm meant to be using for both my good sim and my evil sim, or is there a "donate to undermine a charity" option hidden somewhere else? Google is only finding me info about donating to undermine a charity in the sims 3.

I think there may be a mistake in the spreadsheet calculation. It seems to be counting aspirations that are not completed in the final score. The scoring example shows 8 completed aspirations and a multiplier of 1.65 but the final score given doesn't equal 8 x 1.65

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2022, 08:34:21 AM »
How do I donate to undermine a charity? I'm only aware of one action for donating to charity in sims 4 - the one called "donate to online charity" on the computer. Is this what I'm meant to be using for both my good sim and my evil sim, or is there a "donate to undermine a charity" option hidden somewhere else? Google is only finding me info about donating to undermine a charity in the sims 3.

You may be right and I got Sims 3 and Sims 4 mixed up. Not a big deal...the event has not gone live yet and we can just have the Evil Sim do something different. Offer up a suggestion if you have one. If the Evil Sim also had the kept trait, then players could be required to have the Evil Sim steal something every day?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2022, 08:17:45 PM »
Scoring change:

**If your Evil/Klepto Sim swipes $1000 in a single day add 5% to your multiplier.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2022, 08:38:42 PM »

I think there may be a mistake in the spreadsheet calculation. It seems to be counting aspirations that are not completed in the final score. The scoring example shows 8 completed aspirations and a multiplier of 1.65 but the final score given doesn't equal 8 x 1.65

The Spreadsheet has been corrected. Just make sure that you add an "X" to the "DONE" column to get credit for the aspiration.

Shannon

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2022, 04:43:25 AM »
May I suggest lowering the multiplier percentage? With 28 days and three multipliers of 5%, the total maximum for the multiplier is 5.2... I personally find it too much for such easy to complete things which are even unrelated to the main subject of the challenge - the aspirations. How about 1%, 1% and 4% (one percent for each thousand)? This would lower the maximum multiplier to 2.68.

Or maybe we could use the "one percent for each thousand" principle and give 1% for each full thousand earned/donated? I think that the idea of the multiplier in challenges should be finding the perfect balance between the main goals and the secondary ones. This way, a player has to decide which is better for their, let's say, goofball sim - to keep writing and earning more royalties, or to spend this time on completing aspirations.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2022, 07:16:51 AM »
May I suggest lowering the multiplier percentage? With 28 days and three multipliers of 5%, the total maximum for the multiplier is 5.2... I personally find it too much for such easy to complete things which are even unrelated to the main subject of the challenge - the aspirations. How about 1%, 1% and 4% (one percent for each thousand)? This would lower the maximum multiplier to 2.68.

Or maybe we could use the "one percent for each thousand" principle and give 1% for each full thousand earned/donated? I think that the idea of the multiplier in challenges should be finding the perfect balance between the main goals and the secondary ones. This way, a player has to decide which is better for their, let's say, goofball sim - to keep writing and earning more royalties, or to spend this time on completing aspirations.

A solid suggestion. I'll address this later today. Thanks, Nikitachi.

EDIT: Okay, I agree with your scoring suggestion  change, Nikitachi, and lowered the values of the multiplier. @sdhoey --please correct the formulas in the spreadsheet when you get a chance.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2022, 10:55:01 AM »
Please look over the ruleset one more time to ask your final questions. This event goes live tomorrow. Good luck!

Offline Ravencloud999

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2022, 02:12:16 PM »
This looks great! I have a couple of questions:

1. Is the multiplier increase one time only or can you do them every day?
2. Are Aspirations considered unique to the Sim or the whole challenge?

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2022, 05:24:36 PM »
This looks great! I have a couple of questions:

1. Is the multiplier increase one time only or can you do them every day?

It's additive over the course of the challenge. For example, if your Good Sim donates $1000 to charity on day 1, then your multiplier becomes 1.01%. If they donate another $1000 on day 2, the multiplier becomes 1.02%. Just use the spreadsheet and hopefully you should be fine.

2. Are Aspirations considered unique to the Sim or the whole challenge?

The whole challenge. So, if your Good Sim completes Aspiration x, then Aspiration x could not be scored for your Evil or Goofball Sims. They could still complete it...it just could not be scored.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2022, 06:58:30 AM »
I just wanted to bring to everyone's attention a General Challenge rule that was implemented a few days ago...

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=32402.msg515691#msg515691

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2022, 12:21:12 PM »
Completed Aspirations: 32

Traits Multiplier:
**Good Sim donated $1000 in a single day to charity: 25 times (0.25)
**Evil/Klepto Sim swiped $1000 in a single day: 27 times (0.27)
**Goofball earned $4000 in book royalties in a single day (must be from Playful and/or Comedy books): 22 times (0.88)
Total multiplier: 1+0.25+0.27+0.28 = 2.4

Total: 32*2.4=76.8 points

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2022, 12:48:46 PM »
Great score, Nikitachi. You've really set the bar quite high.

anything