Author Topic: The Swift Power of 10 Dynasty: Debut Era (Chapter 4, 3/21/2022)  (Read 3527 times)

Offline elliana

• Llama Wrangler
Hey guys! Here's my second attempt at a dynasty story (see An Immortal Island Goddess Dynasty) and my first power of 10 challenge. Each of the 10 generations will be themed after a Taylor Swift era, starting with her debut and ending with the Taylor's Version era. Even if you don't know anything about Taylor Swift, don't worry – that's more of a fun easter egg for anyone who's a fan of her. Otherwise, it'll read like a normal story. Enjoy, and wish me luck!

- ellianarv

TABLE OF CONTENTS
Debut era: start to current
Fearless era:
Speak Now era:
Red era:
1989 era:
reputation era:
Lover era:
folklore era:
evermore era:
Taylor's Version era:

*Stat pages are linked in the era title; bold = complete, italics = in progress
The Swift Power of 10 Dynasty: Taylor Swift (IN PROGRESS - GEN 1)
An Immortal Island Goddess Dynasty: Sulani/Island Living, female relationships, Greek mythology (ENDED GEN 6)

Offline elliana

• Llama Wrangler
DEBUT ERA
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2022, 08:04:30 PM »

GEN 1: DEBUT

Name: Taylor Swift
World: Henford-on-Bagley
Household Lot: 5 Cobblebottom Street
Traits: Romantic, Family-Oriented, Loves the Outdoors
Lifestyles: Outdoorsy, People Person, Workaholic
Aspiration: Freelance Botanist
Likes: color (green, blue, white), music (blues & romance), hobbies (gardening, cooking, fitness, singing)

In progress --

10th level of a unique career: Gardener (Botanist)
10th level of a unique skill: Gardening
10,000 Satisfaction points earned:
10,000 Simoleons earned:
10 good friends:
10 freelance gigs/odd jobs/errands:
10 parties:
10 emotional whims:
10 community lot visits:
10 item collection:
An Immortal Island Goddess Dynasty: Sulani/Island Living, female relationships, Greek mythology (ENDED GEN 6)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline elliana

• Llama Wrangler
FEARLESS ERA
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 08:06:13 PM »
GEN 2: FEARLESS

Name:
World:
Household Lot:
Traits:
Lifestyles:
Aspiration:
Not started--

10,000 Simoleons earned:
10 good friends:
10 parties:
10 emotional whims:
10 community lot visits:
10 item collection:

Offline elliana

• Llama Wrangler
SPEAK NOW ERA
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2022, 08:08:46 PM »
GEN 3: SPEAK NOW

Name:
World:
Household Lot:
Traits:
Lifestyles:
Aspiration:
Not started--

10,000 Simoleons earned:
10 good friends:
10 parties:
10 emotional whims:
10 community lot visits:
10 item collection:

Offline elliana

• Llama Wrangler
RED ERA
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2022, 08:10:58 PM »
GEN 4: RED

Name:
World:
Household Lot:
Traits:
Lifestyles:
Aspiration:
Not started--

10,000 Simoleons earned:
10 good friends:
10 parties:
10 emotional whims:
10 community lot visits:
10 item collection:

Offline elliana

• Llama Wrangler
1989 ERA
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2022, 08:11:52 PM »
GEN 5: 1989

Name:
World:
Household Lot:
Traits:
Lifestyles:
Aspiration:
Not started--

10,000 Simoleons earned:
10 good friends:
10 parties:
10 emotional whims:
10 community lot visits:
10 item collection:

Offline elliana

• Llama Wrangler
REPUTATION ERA
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2022, 08:13:08 PM »
GEN 6: REPUTATION

Name:
World:
Household Lot:
Traits:
Lifestyles:
Aspiration:
Not started--

10,000 Simoleons earned:
10 good friends:
10 parties:
10 emotional whims:
10 community lot visits:
10 item collection:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline elliana

• Llama Wrangler
LOVER ERA
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2022, 08:13:54 PM »
GEN 7: LOVER

Name:
World:
Household Lot:
Traits:
Lifestyles:
Aspiration:
Not started--

10,000 Simoleons earned:
10 good friends:
10 parties:
10 emotional whims:
10 community lot visits:
10 item collection:

Offline elliana

• Llama Wrangler
FOLKLORE ERA
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2022, 08:14:32 PM »
GEN 8: FOLKLORE

Name:
World:
Household Lot:
Traits:
Lifestyles:
Aspiration:
Not started--

10,000 Simoleons earned:
10 good friends:
10 parties:
10 emotional whims:
10 community lot visits:
10 item collection:

Offline elliana

• Llama Wrangler
EVERMORE ERA
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2022, 08:15:42 PM »
GEN 9: EVERMORE

Name:
World:
Household Lot:
Traits:
Lifestyles:
Aspiration:
Not started--

10,000 Simoleons earned:
10 good friends:
10 parties:
10 emotional whims:
10 community lot visits:
10 item collection:

Offline elliana

• Llama Wrangler
TAYLOR'S VERSION ERA
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2022, 08:16:37 PM »
GEN 10: TAYLOR'S VERSION

Name:
World:
Household Lot:
Traits:
Lifestyles:
Aspiration:
Not started--

10,000 Simoleons earned:
10 good friends:
10 parties:
10 emotional whims:
10 community lot visits:
10 item collection:

Offline elliana

• Llama Wrangler
Debut era: chapter 1
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2022, 08:21:40 PM »
It’s a beautiful day to start a new dynasty! Welcome to the Swift Power of Ten Dynasty. Swift because I’m playing it fast? No! Swift as in Taylor. Taylor Swift has had many unique eras of music, so I’m modeling my ten generations after those eras. You know I can’t resist a theme.

I’ve never done a Power of Ten Dynasty before, so I’m excited for this challenge! Let’s wish our founder, none other than Taylor Swift herself, a warm welcome.

Her traits are Romantic, Family-Oriented, and Loves the Outdoors. She has the Freelance Botanist aspiration. Her likes are…green, blue, white; blues & romance music; gardening, fitness, singing, cooking.

She moved in to an unfurnished house in Henford-on-Bagley. Don’t worry - I subtracted the cost of the house structure from her $10,000. She actually started with about $2000 after that. This may disqualify me from the Hall of Fame, but I’m not feeling building-creative enough to start from scratch. Oh well!

Oops, may have lied about it being a beautiful day for a dynasty.

Taylor started by heading to the local market and haggling for some garden goodies. She felt pretty good after a successful haggle sesh.

Good thing she got that discount; with only $750 in her pocket, she needed it!

Then Taylor offered to do some errands for the ol’ gal, Agatha Crumplebottom. Taylor’s task was to talk to some single Sims and report back. Good thing Taylor herself was looking for a nice single Sim to settle down and start a dynasty with…

Do I spot a handsome man in the background as Taylor gets the know Kim Goldbloom, Grocery Shop Owner?

TWO handsome guys?? Taylor’s lucky day.

After chatting up some folks, Taylor headed home for a quick potty break and then some work on her garden, using the produce she just bought.

She spent the night getting to know a couple more neighbors before heading off to sleep.

After some push-ups on the ground the next day, she was ready to hit the ground running.

She spent the day chatting and gardening. At night, she invited her handsome new friend Thomas Watson to the Humor & Hijinks festival.

In fact, she keeps running into this Thomas. After her first day of work in the Gardening career (and her first promotion!), she ran into him again…while she was in a flirty mood.

So…she confessed her feelings for him! And…

She was super embarassed. He was pretty cool about it – he has a wife, apparently. Well, I knew their relationship was rocky, but good for him for staying true!

Not good for Taylor, though. She went to the local pub to cool off, but she ran into Thomas again! She decided to leave, bumping into a handsome stranger on the way out…

The next day, she invited the handsome man, Elias Cutler, after talking to him a bit the day before. Just as Elias arrived, Thomas Watson called…asking her to go to a circus. Taylor was torn…

…but ultimately decided to leave Thomas alone. She wasn’t over the hurt yet.

Elias is handsome, if a bit…red? But after some time, the two of them hit it off…even having their first kiss!

Taylor was was riding high from that encounter. She had the next day off work and visited the Bramblewood to deliver the rose from the grocer, Kim Goldbloom. They must have a little somethin’ somethin’. But it was TAYLOR who seemed smitten by the Creature Keeper…

Taylor delivered the rose to a confused Creature Keeper. Michael Bell seemed to think Kim had the wrong idea…and maybe Taylor got some ideas as well. But Michael asked Taylor to give Kim some mushrooms as a nice gesture, so maybe there WAS something between those two…

Before Taylor could think too much about things, Elias called and inivted her on a date. They took a cute picture together since Taylor needs a photo outside of Henford-on-Bagley to give to the Grocery Runner.

The next day was Love Day, and Taylor was feeling the lovin’ spirit. Elias asked her out on ANOTHER date, this time to the elegantly romantic Stargazer Lounge. The two swam above the San Myshuno skyline.

With Elias fresh in her mind, she marched over to Kim Goldbloom, resident grocer, and delivered the mushrooms sent from the Creature Keeper. Kim seemed pretty happy.

Then, she marched over to Elias as he entered the Finchwick market square and invited him to spend the night.

Let’s just say, Taylor worked from home the next day. Elias looks cute in his little glasses.

Offline elliana

• Llama Wrangler
Debut era: chapter 2
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2022, 02:46:28 PM »
After Elias left their romantic encounter, Taylor worked on her garden, then invited the grocery runner boy, Rahul, to the Flea Market in San Myshuno. The kid kept talking about wanting to explore the world outside of Henford-on-Bagely, so Taylor thought she would show him some culture. Plus, she’s poor and needs cheap furniture.

How’s THIS for the big city? Chilling with Father Winter at a festival?

Which one do you think has a higher fitness skill?

After that, she took a look at the beautiful summer day all around her and called up Elias.

The two met in the Cavalier Cove in Brindleton Bay. First, Taylor gave Elias a big embrace. She first asked him to be her boyfriend - oops, guess she hadn’t done that yet - then proposed! Elias was shocked - Taylor had always seemed hesitant, never even wanting to become an official couple. But something had changed. Maybe those cute glasses.

Then the happy couple ran into the most BEAUTIFUL stray dog! Look at this good airl!

Taylor took her new pup, Mary, home that night, eager to get married to Elias tomorrow.

Taylor and Elias held their wedding ceremony at Club Calico, a beautiful and romantic lounge in Brindleton Bay. Just as the two were about to tie the knot, it started to rain. Seems fittingly romantic.

They look very in love.

Even Mary the dog came to the wedding, even though she was NOT pleased about the rain or the thunder.

Oh no, fashionable old lady…Mary just made a stinky!

After that lovely wedding, the two went back to their house as a married couple. Elias brought a hefty $20,000 with him, so it was time to renovate.

Elias himself got a makeover too. You know I loved those glasses.

Elias is a Bro, Snob, and Genius. He came with whatever academic aspiration, but I switched him to Computer Whiz. I keep spouse aspirations in the same category, but I let myself switch them up in a category.

Elias joined the Freelance Programmer career. He’ll eventually switch to the Tech Guru career for his aspiration, but for now I want him to have a more flexible job, to eventually care for kids.

While Taylor was at work that day, Elias went to GeekCon with Mary the dog to work on Elias’ programming skill. Also, Mary comes everywhere now.

Like to the new chicken coop…

And on a jog with Elias.

Anddd to the Garden Shop with Taylor.

Offline elliana

• Llama Wrangler
Debut era: chapter 3
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2022, 03:17:15 PM »
Notice anyting interesting about Taylor lately?

No, not her new lab coat from joining the Botanist track of the Gardener career. She’s pregnant!

The newlyweds threw their first party to celebrate.

Soon, Taylor was bursting with joy…(I didn’t catch any pictures before the infant aged to toddler, sorry!)…

Meet the second generation, Este Swift! She represents the Fearless era. She’ll be a Computer Engineer in Oasis Springs.

And what’s that? Taylor’s pregnant again! This time, she’s trying for a boy by eating carrots. Here she is cooking a grand meal for Harvestfest. Notice the angry gnomes in the background. If you’ve read any of my other story, you’ll know that I am a gnome-kicking enthusiast.

Soon, Taylor gave birth to baby boy Drew Swift. I genuinely have no idea what he’ll grow up to be. Maybe he’ll be like his sister and become an Engineer.

In other news, Mary got sick so Taylor took her to the vet in Brindleton Bay. Little Este is wandering around naked somewhere nearby while dad Elias watched baby Drew at home.

Then, the three took a nice jog around Brindleton Bay’s Sable Square.

Later, the Swifts threw a dinner party when the kids were down for the night. It was a good chance for Taylor to connect with her friends and work on building her relationships.

Drew aged up to toddler. He has Taylor’s bright blue eyes but Elias’s hair and skin color. Almost the opposite of Este.

Look at the happy family. Or the stinky family, at this moment.

The house got a small renovation on Rebate Day. Plus, the family is doing well on money for now with about $12,000. I added some outdoor lighting, the microscope from Taylor’s Botanist job, and indoor paintings/decor (not really seen, but Elias is a Snob and has constantly complained of decor boredom). Peep the snow - winter just started!

Family breakfast time!

After breakfast, Taylor walked Mary around the snowy Finchwick market to sell her produce. At home, the kiddos had a dance party with all of their pre-Winterfest energy. Techie Elias was messing around with the computer.

Also, Taylor and Elias have acquired some lifestyles by now. Elias is a Techie, and Taylor is Outdoorsy, a People Person, and a Workholic.

Merry Winterfest from the Swifts! The kiddos played (and pottied) in their room while the adults decorated the tree.

Winterfest happened to fall on the birthdays of both Este AND Elias! The Swifts threw a big birthday bash. Elias helped his baby girl to the cake while Taylor dropped some hot gossip in the background.

Este got the Genius trait and Whiz Kid aspiration. Here are child Este’s everyday and warm weather outfits! She looks more and more like Taylor, just tanner.

Offline elliana

• Llama Wrangler
Author's note
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2022, 07:12:55 PM »
EDIT: I realized that Tim McGraw the dog is a girl, so I changed her name to Mary in the game and in the story. Sorry for the confusion! I could have left her as Tim McGraw, but it just didn't suit her.