Author Topic: 2 questions about plants  (Read 2923 times)

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
2 questions about plants
« on: February 09, 2022, 01:21:34 PM »
From time to time I do let my sims pick up gardening as it's a nice hobby and they can make money from it. And save money as well. As a good start I send them out in the worlds to collect harvestable  fruit, vegetables, flowers and what not. But I got the feeling that I have been discovering all there is so now I wonder, as the internet is full of lists about this game, are there any lists over what plants my sims can find and harvest in the wild for each world?. (I guess bags of seeds can add some extra plants but they have to be unlocked first). I might be very limited here as I suspect that every new pack add some new plants and I only have four worlds (Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Newcrest and Brindleton Bay) and aren't planning to install any more packs...

Then I have a family living in Brindleton Bay, on a lot called "Bedlington Boathouse". They have a pair of large dogs and one of them did leave a "stinking object" behind and now there grows a bush of trash fruit. The problem is that this was just outside the lot where I can not delete it so how do I "kill" this plant? My sims can not harm it, just tend it like a normal plant. And it does not seem to need any care at all as it have been there for years now...

2021-11-06_13-38-16.jpg
Hanna Olsson, one of the gym trainers inspects the garden of Nina Caliente
Unpopular opinion: I like the Sims 4

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Re: 2 questions about plants
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 03:45:31 PM »
For the trash plant-- do you not have an option to "Uproot Plant" when you click on it?  That was added relatively recently, but I don't think you need any specific pack for that to show up.

There is indeed a list of what can be found growing wild in each world, and it's even broken down by the neighborhoods within each world:  https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29518.0

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2022, 01:46:15 PM »
Thank you for the reply.

No, I'm sorry to say that I do not have the option to Uproot the plant. My game is offline and I want to keep it that way (the reasons is a story for another day...).

Thank you for the link, it sure is very useful.  :) Lots of information about the worlds and what can be found in the them. Very handy if I happen to forget about something and it sure did answer my question.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2022, 03:51:49 PM »
Okay, to get rid of the plant:  Get TwistedMexi's All Cheats mod.  Googling twistedmexi should find you his site pretty easily.  Then with that installed, testingcheats on, then shift-click the plant.  There should be an option to "Destroy Object."  The game has all sorts of cheats built in, but locked from users.  TwistedMexi's mod unlocks those hidden cheats.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2022, 12:47:43 AM »
Hello again.

Sorry for the takeing so long...

I did search and found the mod. It's a script mod. I'm a little "afraid" of those but okey. What patch level is required to use it?

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2022, 11:06:28 AM »
A spellcaster can cast 'inferniate' on any plant in the world and just burn it up. That was my go-to solution before the "uproot" option.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2022, 03:34:30 PM »
A spellcaster can cast 'inferniate' on any plant in the world and just burn it up. That was my go-to solution before the "uproot" option.

@Heart Foam
Oh, good call on using Inferniate.
Also, it's been awhile since Cottage Living came out, but I assume you've since discovered that we can upgrade chicken coops and animal sheds using Nerd Brain's Insta-Upgrade?
I only discovered that belatedly after doing 25+ only-for-livestock-upgrade-parts errands then clicked on a coop to see the Insta-Upgrade option.  *plays tiny violin

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2022, 03:59:42 PM »
Hello again.

I did search and found the mod. It's a script mod. I'm a little "afraid" of those but okey. What patch level is required to use it?

I don't know, but I haven't updated it in ages.  I keep forgetting I even have it.  I probably got it in the summer of 2018 and I don't think I have ever needed to update it.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2022, 05:51:02 AM »
I assume you've since discovered that we can upgrade chicken coops and animal sheds using Nerd Brain's Insta-Upgrade?

Queue surprised look! I expected it to not work, and never tried. That's good info. I use that ability on DJ booths and all manner or things, but some upgradeable things like rockets can't be instantly upgraded. Which is why I supposed the coops and sheds wouldn't. Anywho, as a way to shortcut the insanity of errands I'm all for it.

I've had the rocket building bug in some saves (not all) preventing me from getting Nerd Brain. I find it odd that one rocket that successfully built recently is hanging off the roof of a modern 20x15 bachelor pad in Willow Creek. No luck for a family on 50x50 Oakenstead.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2022, 10:28:10 PM »
I've had the rocket building bug in some saves (not all) preventing me from getting Nerd Brain. I find it odd that one rocket that successfully built recently is hanging off the roof of a modern 20x15 bachelor pad in Willow Creek. No luck for a family on 50x50 Oakenstead.

That rocket ship bug affects any rocket ship your active sims attempt to start building after the start of the first Finchwick Fair (first Saturday).
Your sims just need to get an NPC to start building the kit, after which your active sims can do the rest.
One way is to enact the Tech Support NAP and wait for an NPC to come over.
If you're playing a save where cheats can be used, I believe there's a right-click cheat you can use on a kit to insta-build the rocket.
I wish the devs would just fix this. Insta-Upgrade is SUCH an important perk!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2022, 08:12:07 AM »
Luckily it was a weekend, and Tech Support was voted in. The resident ghosts -- sometimes in a breed out the ugly family, you age sims up and woohoo them to the next life, sometimes, not always! -- are building the rocket at night. It's a brilliant solution. Even when it's patched, it's a good idea. Building the rocket is time consuming. So Nerd Brain is a go. 

Exit Bunthorne.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2022, 07:23:30 PM »
Luckily it was a weekend, and Tech Support was voted in. The resident ghosts -- sometimes in a breed out the ugly family, you age sims up and woohoo them to the next life, sometimes, not always! -- are building the rocket at night. It's a brilliant solution. Even when it's patched, it's a good idea. Building the rocket is time consuming. So Nerd Brain is a go. 

Haha, glad that worked out! Your timing worked out perfectly!

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2022, 07:32:07 PM »
Hello again.

Modhunter,
There's another non-mod solution if you're playing a save where using base game cheats won't be a problem.
Here are the steps:
1. Open the cheat console (Ctrl+Shift+C), then type in testingcheats on
2. Have you sim walk over to the trash plant and shift/right-click on the plant then choose Set as Head. 
    That plant has now moved onto your sim's head.
3. have your sim walk anywhere well inside their home lot, then shift/right-click again on the plant on your sim's head to choose Reset Object.
    This should move the plant from your sim's head to the ground within your sim's editable home lot.
4. Now you should be able to delete the offending plant because it's on your lot.

Sorry, I didn't post this sooner but I typed the above steps from memory.
I thought I would test the process before posting but keep getting distracted.

Offline ModHunter

• Townie
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2022, 05:58:11 AM »

I don't know, but I haven't updated it in ages.  I keep forgetting I even have it.  I probably got it in the summer of 2018 and I don't think I have ever needed to update it.

Sounds good. I do think my game is that old as well. I stopped updating the game after the Realm of Magic patch that broke my bodyshape mod. 

Modhunter,
There's another non-mod solution if you're playing a save where using base game cheats won't be a problem.
Here are the steps:
1. Open the cheat console (Ctrl+Shift+C), then type in testingcheats on
2. Have you sim walk over to the trash plant and shift/right-click on the plant then choose Set as Head. 
    That plant has now moved onto your sim's head.
3. have your sim walk anywhere well inside their home lot, then shift/right-click again on the plant on your sim's head to choose Reset Object.
    This should move the plant from your sim's head to the ground within your sim's editable home lot.
4. Now you should be able to delete the offending plant because it's on your lot.

Sorry, I didn't post this sooner but I typed the above steps from memory.
I thought I would test the process before posting but keep getting distracted.

That looks very interesting. Does it work with custom bodyshapes as well? You see, the sims living on the lot is "full custom"... If it does, then I can try it. Or I go with the mod from Brian_Z

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2022, 07:40:20 PM »
Modhunter,
I don't use custom body shapes so I guess you'll have to test it for yourself.